The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Do you remember your first day in eso?

• Vhozek
    Vhozek
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Where are the caves? Why do all NPCs behave the same? Why does everyone have soulless stares? Why is this easier than Skyrim? Why is sneaking this gutted?"

Still the things I say today.
    𝗡𝗼𝘁 𝘀𝗼𝗿𝗿𝘆, 𝗺𝗼𝗱𝘀. 𝗙𝗿𝗲𝗲 𝗕𝗶𝗿𝗱 𝘄𝗮𝘀 𝗽𝗹𝗮𝘆𝗶𝗻𝗴.
  • Coatmagic
    Coatmagic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    bleakrock isle and being unable to leave

prophet quest daughter of giants and lyris not breaking the wall because it wasn't finished

running around in khenarthi's so excited every time a found a new thing

exploring stonefalls trying to climb mountains and getting trapped at lava flows and being attacked by and dying to mudcrabs

so many quests bugging out due to the number of people spamming the quest givers xD

switching to every piece of heavy armor and a two handed melee weapon on my lil sorc when i had trouble with a quest boss and beating the heck out of em lol

things were a bit tougher back then 8)
  • TheImperfect
    TheImperfect
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't know if it's the first day but it may have been and it's my first memory. I remember Coldharbour and being sacrificed by Mannimarco and just feeling fully immersed and like afterwards that it's the best beginning to a game I've ever experienced.
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I joined shortly after the Morrowind chapter was released, so my first day was a combination of instant familiarity with the zone of Vvardenfell, coupled with feelings of disoriention due to the differences in scale and flora/fauna, plus wonder at all of the new sights.

I ran around trying to accept and complete every quest I encountered, but struggled with killing hostile animals and enemies.

I also tried to loot everything, ran into my first case of someone swooping in and harvesting a node just as I was about to, and quickly discovered that I had a limited number of inventory slots.
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
  • UGotBenched91
    UGotBenched91
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yep, I started on Xbox. I made a Dc Breton healer. I was running around that beginner island and doing the quest to kill the goblin king. I ran into another newbie and we spoke to each other in open voice chat (that horrible evil voice chat that pc players are scared of ;)) and we talked alittle and ran around exploring. I added him as a friend but never saw him again.
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    June 18, 2018. Crap for internet - hughesnet satellite - could take me half an hour to log in. Created a Dunmer NB, plus a mix of other races/classes (think I made another 5 right off the bat). Vvardenfell was like home, though the graphics were SO much better.

Took me WAY too long to figure out that hostiles would show a red highlight and pop the ability bar, while non-hostiles would be yellow - other MMOs were WoW and RIFT, and it had been several years since I'd played them much, so I was fairly confuzzled by ESO (which is NOTHING like Skyrim, not that I was expecting it to be).

And then I discovered how damned hard it was to keep my NB alive on crap internet. So I bought the warden class figuring the pet would be run server side like in other games. Mains are now wardens forever.

Game's a LOT more fun than WoW and RIFT. I'll be around until the servers go dark.
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bought it on release on Xbox.

Took my Xbox over my friend's house and so did my other friend and played all night.

Not sure exactly what we did, but I played a lot of PvP in the first week. In fact, I think I got from level 10ish to mid 40s entirely in PvP.

I have a clip on my Xbox where I'm playing in first person, using whip, silver shards, spamming dragon blood for some reason and just heavy attacking. Big keep fight and we chased out AD.

Of course, back then content wasn't scaled, and you would get barely any XP if a zone was too low level, so I skipped most the DC story content.

Also, you could only get primal and barbaric motifs when you got to vr1, and daedric and ancient elf when you got to vr 7 or 8 I think. Basically, in cadwell silver and gold areas. I found good places to farm them and made a lot of money in the first month from them.

Also, as I was DC, there was plenty of dwemer places to farm, even fairly early on. For anyone who didn't play pre one tamriel, you would only ever see YOUR alliance, even in PvE. Every alliance had their own version.

So I made a lot of money by farming scraps, frames and motifs on my DC, then made an AD player and sold stuff them in auridon on that. IIRC, AD doesn't have any dwemer ruins, so they were harder to get unless you were in vr levels.

This was well before people used traders a lot, and zone chat is where sales happened.

My two friends that I played all night with on release quit about 4 days into the game lol. Never been back.
  • Nastassiya
    Nastassiya
    ✭✭✭
    My first day was when the came out and it was full of bots and I couldn't progress through quests. Not too long after that I made a goodbye thread and quit. Obviously I came back.
  • barney2525
    barney2525
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The game was not 'monsters adjust to your level'.

I waddled through wailing prison tutorial avoiding as much as I could

Didn't even open all the boxes crates sacks and barrels

once I got out, continued main quest. tried to rescue Lyris and got crushed by giant bird holding her axe

:p
  • Icy_Waffles
    Icy_Waffles
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sure do. PS4 launch. I made an imperial dragon knight. Heavy armor and DW in imperial style. I did the EP quest line.
  • Sarannah
    Sarannah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The first day I played I believe it was the open beta, and I got the monkey pet reward. The server was only open for two days, for the beta testers.
  • jssriot
    jssriot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes. I took screenshots.

I was a MMO noob, coming from the TES singleplayer games, and I was very, very wary of ESO from the start. I didn't buy the game until 2015 because I strongly dislike the alliance locking, but was very interested in the crafting system. I had watched a Steam friend stream it and was kind of meh (my Steam friend was also). But eventually it was on sale on Steam and I got it. A few months later I got around to installing it. I remember logging in for the first time and thinking this was probably a bad idea. If only I had known what toll this game would take on my mental and physical health. LOL.

This was pre-One Tamriel. I made a Khajiit NB (still my main). I didn't like the classes, which were nothing like other TES games. I didn't like the bow mechanics, which I compared to Skyrim. I don't know where to find the horse mount and mudcrab pet I got from buying the Imperial edition. But I really enjoyed the Waling Prison tutorial, which made me felt like I could do this game. If only I had known... I spent over an hour in the main Wailing Prison area looting and relooting containers and killing and rekilling mobs as they respawned as new players entered the area. It was actually really busy, lots of players, everyone going full noob hard. It was a blast.

I then ran around Kharnethi's Roost like the total noob I was, taking screenshots of every witty NPC dialogue and neato location, and flailing around with my now upgraded bow I got from the Prophet's coffer. It had a "training" enchantment! Fancy! Gradually found more gear to upgrade from my Wailing Prison stuff. Discovered mat nodes. Sweet! Learned how to vend and destroy stuff to free up my pitifully small inventory (I would spent maybe the next 2 weeks ignorant of the fact we had bank accounts, so all my earned gold would go into pack upgrades, which wasn't a bad investment actually). Loved the Moarmer story line, Khajiiti architecture (especially the bridges--my early screenshots are like 70% of every bridge I came across) and the sunny, bright island atmosphere. I was hooked, for better or worse. (Honestly, though, it's been both.)
    PC-NA since 2015. Tired and unimpressed.
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't remember all the details, but it was beta and I remember running into Cadwell for the first time. How could I not love a game where one of the main characters wears a pot on his head?
    PCNA
  • Ringing_Nirnroot
    Ringing_Nirnroot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I made a high elf pet sorc and went around Kenarthis roost to explore then I traveled to auridon saw someone in chat advertising that they are selling crowns so my dumb*ss got scammed over a daemon cockerel I saw in the store (I didn’t know gems can’t be gifted) lol
  • Chips_Ahoy
    Chips_Ahoy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't even remember what I ate for breakfast and it was only a few hours ago.
  • SickleCider
    SickleCider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ah, yes. Started at the same time as a couple good friends. We're on PSN voice chat, going through the Coldharbour tutorial together. We get chucked out into Bleakrock.

I don't have a staff, I badly need a staff, so as we're questing I'm just light attacking with any little old melee weapon I pick up. 🤣 I didn't want to use skill points until I knew what I wanted!

None of us could abide the newb fashion for long, so we each bought a small crown pack. I got the Nightmare Courser, and I recall being very proud of it, and the wedding suit.

I remember being very charmed by Bleakrock at night, with the aurora borealis in the sky, our way guided by warm light posts and bonfires.

Then, we went to Bal Foyen. Completely different atmosphere very suddenly. I remember us all being slightly intimidated by the netches, because of the big health bars. But I was like "I'm going to fight it" anyway because I'm not a coward. Imagine a MagSorc in a wedding suit whiffing with an iron sword under a netch and you've got the visual.

I remember one friend screaming with delight when she discovered the guars. Other friend and I pulled our resources together to get her the hist guar. She was over the moon.

We got so lost. Good times.

Anyway, I still play that character, and he's my main. He's had a race change (Nord to Breton) and a few cosmetic tweaks over the years. Now he's a 1300cp Cool Dude decked out in Nighthollow and Knight of the Circle gear. Sadly those two friends don't play anymore (we're still very close!) but I have a couple of other ladies I run with now.
    ✨🐦✨ Blackfeather Court Commission ✨🐦✨
  • Veles
    Veles
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes I do. I and a crowd of other players could not leave the building in the starting location. I thought that I would never get into the game. But after all these years I realized that I can't get out of the game ]:)
    Edited by Veles on May 30, 2021 5:10PM
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When I first started playing, I remember thinking Daggerfall was a fantastic city, then was amazed again when I finally made it to Wayrest. The first time I ever saw a camel, or that frost horse mount in the game, I thought they looked amazing.
    I didn't know how to play, so I had a heck of a hard time killing anything at first. I avoided delves early on because it took forever for me to get through them. Now I can breeze through them easily.
    I walked everywhere because I didn't know about using guilds to travel to guild players to get wayshrines.
    My first week playing, I wandered into a public dungeon not knowing what it was, and promptly got destroyed. LOL. That was fun.
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You may see for yourself traveller :)

This one filmed her first 15 minutes, which also happened to be the first 15 minutes she logged in after launch.

Well technically there was some time in the stress test beta but this one will not count that for this purpose.

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws

https://youtu.be/FrGkRr6GU7c
    Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
  • Kiralyn2000
    Kiralyn2000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not really. But, then, my memory sucks and I don't really recall anything special about the first day of any game I've played. /shrug
  • shadyjane62
    shadyjane62
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The bots were already in charge. We tried to play but it was impossible.

My husband qiit and never came back despite buying the big package. I left fro cpl years and came back for One Tamriel.

It was bad.
  • Hapexamendios
    Hapexamendios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I started a couple months before on Tamriel. I don't really remember the first day. I do remember trying to get to Widhelm for the Thieves Guild and getting crushed by skeletons going through the Rift.
  • cynicalbutterfly
    cynicalbutterfly
    ✭✭✭✭
    If so what was it like?

It was terrible. Very confusing because there were no tutorials. It started me straight out from the character selection with the main story's prologue quest (the Wailing Prison). Had no idea what I was doing or who was who. It even further confused me when it plopped me in a completely different location and expected that I knew what I was supposed to do from there. After that little experience, I quit and didn't go back for quite a while. Not till after Morrowind was released. Which upon logging in was even more confusing than the first time. I had created a new character to start fresh with so it plopped me at Morrowind's starter location. I didn't even own Morrowind at the time. Which of course confused the hell out of me. I kept wondering where the first prologue quest had gone and how did I get back to that. After a bit of that, I quit again.

A year or two later, my ex talked me into downloading it again. Said he would show me how to play (which didn't actually happen and probably one of the reasons why he's an ex). So I redownloaded, created a character, and miracles of miracles I had tutorials and people explaining things to me like never before. I spent a good bit just doing the main quests and easing into things. Found that I really liked playing and later on when Elsewyr was released, found that I reallyyyy liked playing a necromancer. Been playing for the last few years now. So yea there ya have it lol
    Edited by cynicalbutterfly on May 30, 2021 11:51PM
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wish I did as it was so long ago. I vaguely remember seeing Daggerfall for the first time, doing the Betnik and Stros quests, and visiting the Illessian tower delve and an Alyied ruin. The finer details and my thoughts are lost on me.
    PC NA - Ceyanna Ashton - Breton Vampire MagDK
  • Path
    Path
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nope. Too long ago and I was in Beta.
    Only thing I remember is getting stuck in every crack and crevice.

Still here. Still ESO+

Even as a senior player, must be something great....unless I just forgot to cancel my membership.

(Not canceling. I adore this game. Old yes but not senile)
    Fairy Tales Really Do Come True...Kinda.
  • Nord_Raseri
    Nord_Raseri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    6 years ago (in 3 weeks) running through coldharbor and bleakrock. I remember hating the looks and feel(animations) of the characters
    Veit ég aðég hékk vindga meiði á nætr allar níu, geiri undaðr og gefinn Oðni, sjálfr sjálfum mér, á þeim meiði er manngi veit hvers hann af rótum rennr.
  • Eiagra
    Eiagra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My sister and I both got the game at the same time as soon as it stopped being sub-to-play. I remember my earliest days fondly, everything was fresh and new, so much to explore... It was great.

Alas, there can only be one first time.
          In verity.
  • Alinhbo_Tyaka
    Alinhbo_Tyaka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I remember the early beta's and eventually being able to leave Bleakrock Isle. Then there were the ERP'ers at the End of Beta naked party that I wish I could burn from my memory.
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I vaguely recall playing in the Nord area on a free-play weekend. That was long before I started playing on a paid account.
    PC
    PS4/PS5
  • wenchmore420b14_ESO
    wenchmore420b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yup. Nov 2013. First night in closed beta. 2 of my friends got beta keys too.
    Bleakrock bugged so no one could leave so lots of us just ran around and it was my first MMO and I didn't even know how to talk in chat!!!!
    Wow how time flies!!! Good Times!!! Lol!
    Huzzah!!!
    Edited by wenchmore420b14_ESO on May 31, 2021 5:21AM
    Drakon Koryn~Oryndill, Rogue~Mage,- CP ~Doesn't matter any more
    NA / PC Beta Member since Nov 2013
    GM~Conclave-of-Shadows, EP Social Guild, ~Proud member of: The Wandering Merchants, Phoenix Rising, Imperial Trade Union & Celestials of Nirn
    Sister Guilds with: Coroner's Report, Children of Skyrim, Sunshine Daydream, Tamriel Fisheries, Knights Arcanum and more
    "Not All Who Wander are Lost"
    #MOREHOUSINGSLOTS
    “When the people that can make the company more successful are sales and marketing people, they end up running the companies. The product people get driven out of the decision making forums, and the companies forget what it means to make great products.”

_Steve Jobs (The Lost Interview)