The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.0.2 on the PTS on Monday at 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC).

Damage scaling on Scavenging Demise is broken

ManDraKE
ManDraKE
✭✭✭✭✭
For reference, im going to compare Scavenging Demise using the Shadow of the Red Mountain tooltip as reference. The set on PTS got a 50% damage buff compared to red mountain, i think the scalling formula for this set is not working properly

Live:

ymcqddsdwwi8.png

PTS:

129bbpkjc2e0.png

Edited by ManDraKE on May 26, 2021 10:06PM
  • Grimlok_S
    Grimlok_S
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Interesting.

What are your WD values on live and PTS?
    Light Attack Hero

Class context
    Stamplar
    StamDK
    Stamsorc
    MagDK
    StamMAGStamden
    Magplar
    Stam NB
    Bomb NB
  • ManDraKE
    ManDraKE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Grimlok_S wrote: »
    Interesting.

the screenshots on the PTS for both sets are taken with the same wpn damage to show the difference in scaling, i dont recall exactly wpn dmg how much i had, but it was the same build. The screenshots on live doesn't matter because there is no scaling on live.

I wasn't trying to compare live vs PTS damage since that has changed for all procsets, but rather how scavenging on PTS seems to be scaling way more aggresive than red mountain, considering that on live they have very similar tooltips. The differnce in damage is too big, if they had intented to buff scavening it should had been part of the patch notes (like the changes to crimson, etc). Is very likely that this is bug, no other similar set is even close to this tooltip (red mountain, calurions, etc)
  • notachik
    notachik
    ✭✭✭
    U should compare to poison sets than not mag scale set to Stam scale set..that’s why it seems such a difference..your wd is probably higher that’s why it gets the increase..scale up your spell dmg and you will see the red mountain go up just as “aggressively “
  • ManDraKE
    ManDraKE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    notachik wrote: »
    U should compare to poison sets than not mag scale set to Stam scale set..that’s why it seems such a difference..your wd is probably higher that’s why it gets the increase..scale up your spell dmg and you will see the red mountain go up just as “aggressively “

same wpn damage, and both sets scale with weapon damage, no matter if it is flame or posion damage. The scaling is not based on the damage type, is always your higher weapon or spell damage, you can even read it on the tooltip lol
    Edited by ManDraKE on May 27, 2021 3:00PM
  • KittyHazWares
    KittyHazWares
    ✭✭✭
    This is ESO you really think you can trust something written on a set and it will actually work as intended xD

Red Mountain could be the bugged one.
    Edited by KittyHazWares on May 27, 2021 5:28PM
    Xbox One NA
  • Shantu
    Shantu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Got a feeling we'll see a lot of this over the next few months. I mean, when you use a sledgehammer to do brain surgery your bound to miss a few pieces when you're cleaning up the mess. :/
  • Grimlok_S
    Grimlok_S
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ManDraKE wrote: »
    Interesting.

the screenshots on the PTS for both sets are taken with the same wpn damage to show the difference in scaling, i dont recall exactly wpn dmg how much i had, but it was the same build. The screenshots on live doesn't matter because there is no scaling on live.

I wasn't trying to compare live vs PTS damage since that has changed for all procsets, but rather how scavenging on PTS seems to be scaling way more aggresive than red mountain, considering that on live they have very similar tooltips. The differnce in damage is too big, if they had intented to buff scavening it should had been part of the patch notes (like the changes to crimson, etc). Is very likely that this is bug, no other similar set is even close to this tooltip (red mountain, calurions, etc)

Hard to make sense of a lowered Red mountain TT and raised Demise TT without knowing your WD for context.. CP may have an impact too.
    Light Attack Hero

Class context
    Stamplar
    StamDK
    Stamsorc
    MagDK
    StamMAGStamden
    Magplar
    Stam NB
    Bomb NB
  • ManDraKE
    ManDraKE
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Hard to make sense of a lowered Red mountain TT and raised Demise TT without knowing your WD for context.. CP may have an impact too.

why is hard to make sense? The scaling formula should be the same for both sets. My WD was around 6k, what that information adds to the argument?
  • vesselwiththepestle
    vesselwiththepestle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    One is poison damage, the other one is flame damage. Maybe something changed in that regard? :)
    1000+ CP
    PC/EU Ravenwatch Daggerfall Covenant

Give me my wings back!