What should the next class be?

SunBroDesion
SunBroDesion
✭✭
Just wondering what everybody thinks the next class should be For me I have three thoughts; mechanist, artificer, and herbologist

Mechanist: uses dwarven constructs
-spiders(healing)
-spheres(tanking)
-steam/oil(damage),
Im no expert in classes so I was not get into details, it's a very rough idea
Artificer:uses potions for damage and healing more rough than the mechanist
Herbologist: more so a druid using spriggan magic, Vines, and roots
  • ESO_Nightingale
    ESO_Nightingale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    i made basically what you suggested for the "mechanist" it's outdated now and i'm not going to because a lot has changed in the base game in the past year or so from when i made it

But within contains a "lore book" and the entire class skill and passive effect list with morphs and tooltips included.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ykr5OMHa7Fd_KDJpVkrpH96GGecWZk7tMBW6y4qwBxA/edit?usp=sharing

i'd definitely change some things about it but, like i said i'm not going to update it. it took a long time to make.
    PvE Frost Warden Main and teacher for ESO-U. Frost Warden PvE Build Article: https://eso-u.com/articles/nightingales_warden_dps_guide__frost_knight. Come Join the ESO Frost Discord to discuss everything frost!: https://discord.gg/5PT3rQX
    Options
  • Xarc
    Xarc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I dont know about the next class but,

would you like a class pet (only templar & DK dont have pets) ?
    would you like a way to interact with your own synergy (like necro) ?
    would you prefere a strong, defensive, agressiive or support oriented class ?
    @xarcs FR-EU-PC -
    "Death is overrated", Xarc
    Xãrc -- breton necro - DC - AvA rank50
    Xarcus -- imperial DK - DC - AvA rank50
    Elnaa - breton NB - DC - AvA rank50
    Xärc -- breton NB - DC - AvA rank47
    Isilenil - Altmer NB - AD - AvA rank41
    Felisja - Bosmer NB - DC - AvA rank39
    Xàrc - breton necro - DC - AvA rank27
    Xalisja - bosmer necro - DC - AvA rank16
    kàli - redguard templar - DC - AvA rank32
    - since april.2014
    Options
  • colossalvoids
    colossalvoids
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    After seeing how they go about implementation of a new class with crown store and in-game tease that we saw with necro I'd say chances that new class could be an alchemist of sorts or a bard are pretty high. Anyway I'd like more guild/weapon lines as classes seems like not zos stronger side right now, but I'd surely use some new weapon options to fresh up my old chars.
    Options
  • OtarTheMad
    OtarTheMad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I would love a new class but the issue is they don't seem to want to add more character slots (which is fine imo but people will whine)

I'd rather have new weapon lines and guild lines added. The issue with more weapon lines though is how can you make them balanced so it doesn't look like you are favoring one playstyle over another (stamina v magicka)? But at the same time how can you justify having any stamina morphs in a Magicka staff weapon line when stamina already has so many weapon lines to choose from?

If they do add a new class though I would love for that class to have more traditional TES spells in it.
    Options
  • Mythreindeer
    Mythreindeer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd rather see a redo/refresh of existing skill lines. So many are in need of it.
    Options
  • Lugaldu
    Lugaldu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Edited by Lugaldu on May 20, 2021 10:14AM
    Options
  • tsaescishoeshiner
    tsaescishoeshiner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Class idea: Bear.

It's similar to Wardens, but instead of playing a person who summons a spirit bear, you play a bear that summons a spirit person.

I think they might go for it—think of all the cosmetics to sell. Bear haircuts, bear skins, sultry bear vampire outfits—not to mention all the skins for the spirit person you summon.

I know it sounds like it could be complicated, but it would be pretty simple to adapt ESO's system for bears. For example, instead of sitting on benches like other classes do, bears would lie down on the ground and rest their head on the bench for a nice little nap. It's that easy.
    PC-NA
    in-game: @tsaescishoeshiner
    Options
  • MindOfTheSwarm
    MindOfTheSwarm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agree on guild skill lines with slottable skills. Take Witchhunter as an example. People have suggested this as a new class but the problem is that most of what a Witchhunter has is already in the base game via guild skills. The remaining skills could simply be put in a new Witchhunter’s guild allowing any class to build into it. Same can be said for Battlemage, simply adding new weapon skills or third Magicka morphs to stam weapons would serve the same purpose. It’s unnecessary for such classes to be added. Monk would be rather dull unless they did something really special with it. Bard could be interesting acting as a support buffing class. Personally, new classes should be reserved for new play styles outside of what is on offer right now. Any new class that does anything our current options offer is a waste of time.
    Options
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How about instead of new class we would get a new weapon skill line ? Like Spears / Combat staff for example. So we would have a melee magicka weapon (mystic monk style staff / quarterstaff) and spears for stamina builds ?
    Options
  • colossalvoids
    colossalvoids
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    How about instead of new class we would get a new weapon skill line ? Like Spears / Combat staff for example. So we would have a melee magicka weapon (mystic monk style staff / quarterstaff) and spears for stamina builds ?

Tbh if they'll go with spears one day it should be hybrid line with physical and elemental morphs so magicka users would also benefit from it. Alternatively damage type and numbers should scale with max resource so both specs would have both morphs viable for them.

One can hope lol.
    Options
  • Fennwitty
    Fennwitty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    • Stam Dragon Knight
    • Mag Dragon Knight
    • Stam Templar

Would be a good start.
    PC NA
    Options
  • hackdrag0n
    hackdrag0n
    ✭✭✭
    Pretty keen on seeing a frost warden myself.
    Options
  • master_vanargand
    master_vanargand
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Perhaps the next new class is Battlemage.
    This is a traditional old class of TES, so it's likely.
    Options
  • jlmurra2
    jlmurra2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Before moving on I first want them to finish all the classes they started: https://en.m.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Battlemage
    Options
  • Draevik
    Draevik
    ✭✭✭
    I want a true hybrid class that utilizes a split of mag/stam per skill they would have both melee and ranged options available, using any melee weapon would convert the damage to a unique damage type based on the weapon, and a multi damage approach.

Tentatively called the Stormwalker, Stormwraith. What have you.

IE
    Spammable idea

Omnistrike
    Channel Time: 0.6s
    Range: Weapon based
    Cost: 1200 stamina / 1200 Magicka
    Lash out with 6 quick strikes. Dealing x amount of damage (equal to weapon spammables divided amongst all of the following) shock, frost, flame, magic, poison and disease damage. Every fifth cast stuns the enemy for 2 seconds and sets them off-balance. Damage scales with your highest offensive stat.

MORPH: Omnistrike Explosion
    Channel Time: 0.7s
    Cost: 1400 stamina / 1400 Magicka
    Lash out with 7 quick strikes. Dealing x amount of damage (equal to weapon spammables divided amongst all of the following) shock, frost, flame, magic, poison and disease damage. No longer stuns and sets off-balance. The seventh strike Combines all of the elements together dealing 25% of the combined damage in a 6 meter area and sets all statuses active instantly. Damage scales with your highest offensive stat.

MORPH: Omnistrike Decay
    Channel Time: 0.7s
    Cost: 1200 stamina / 1200 Magicka
    Lash out with 7 quick strikes. Dealing x amount of damage (equal to weapon spammables divided amongst all of the following) shock, frost, flame, magic, poison and disease damage. The seventh hit applies a damage over time effect equal to 100% of the total damage dealt that lasts 10 seconds, each damage type is applied as it's own effect. Damage scales with your highest offensive stat.
    Edited by Draevik on May 21, 2021 5:31PM
    Options
  • Finedaible
    Finedaible
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    My opinion is that there should not be any new classes anytime soon. At least not until they make a new magicka-based weapon skill line first. However, I would not mind an Alchemist class if it were done properly. Maybe give the class some extra bonus passives which synergize with or enhance the general Alchemy crafting tree.
    Options
  • Ryuvain
    Ryuvain
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Monk. Anyone else miss punch builds? This one sure does, bring out the claws.
    That one khajiit obsessed with werewolf behemoth and vampire lord. Lady Thorn is bae, dont @ me.
    Werewolf behemoth=vampire lord>blood scion>werewolf>vampire.
    Options
  • MindOfTheSwarm
    MindOfTheSwarm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Perhaps the next new class is Battlemage.
    This is a traditional old class of TES, so it's likely.

I think Battlemage is a bad idea. Its too generic and nothing special. Necro was a breath of fresh air. New classes should be reserved for something new and regional. A class that has not appeared in other games but relevant to the lore.
    Options
  • Togal
    Togal
    ✭✭✭✭
    Maybe less on the summoning aspect we have enough, I want a class that has more of an individual playstyle instead having pets or summons.
    Options
  • Starlight_Whisper
    Starlight_Whisper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bard
    Options
  • starlizard70ub17_ESO
    starlizard70ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Bard

As interesting as it would be to see how a bard class would be put together, I'd prefer new skill and/or weapon lines. I'd rather upgrade my existing characters with a new weapon or skill, instead of starting a new one.
    Edited by starlizard70ub17_ESO on May 23, 2021 1:53PM
    "We have found a cave, but I don't think there are warm fires and friendly faces inside."
    Options
  • MindOfTheSwarm
    MindOfTheSwarm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agree on not having any more pets. Also agree on weapon skill line additions. Disagree with Bard as a class. However, having a musicians guild added with some Bard slottable would be welcome. I don’t see a full Bard class being much fun.
    Options
  • RedMuse
    RedMuse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd much rather have a new mag based weapon skill line rather than a new class. Mag is sorely underserved with weapons as it is right now.
    Options
  • MindOfTheSwarm
    MindOfTheSwarm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    RedMuse wrote: »
    I'd much rather have a new mag based weapon skill line rather than a new class. Mag is sorely underserved with weapons as it is right now.

Mag is represented more in class skills. I agree that we should have a 1 hand and rune weapon skill line that would take care of battlemage builds.
    Options
  • tenryuta
    tenryuta
    ✭✭✭
    dont see what all the hate for pet classes, theyre slotted dots with a health bar, on 2(!!!) classes, with only one having 2 perms, wardens furball is eh, and necros 'summons' are temp like any dot/hot(BB doesnt count as a summon its just another wait to arm skill tied to corpse consuming). oh wait, NB... has... a shadow... yup totally counts<_<

spellsmith enemies(1h magicka skill line, if we ever get it), should have a 3 atronach summon(2 morphs that are not upgrades, but changes, ie start with wind/fire, that does x, then can morph into fire/wind that does y, and frost/earth that tanks). actually it would be a game changer if all its skills had benefits turning whats normally 10 options+2ults to 15 options + 3.
    Options
  • Sagetim
    Sagetim
    ✭✭✭
    Needs to be a New races and New class... Dwarf

As a new races this could be huge.. we have not had one yet
    Options
  • Drdeath20
    Drdeath20
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As much as I would want another broken class to complain about in the very near future, could we maybe just take a 2nd or 3rd look at the classes we already have.

Every class that exists now has at least 4 skill/ultimate morphs that are inferior in comparison to world skills alternatives. Inferior in power, practicality or just outdated. Some morphs used to offer unique buffs that are just no longer unique due to power creep.

I completely understand that every class should have pros and cons but some class skill/ultimate morphs make me wonder if the game designers ever play their own game.

Let’s start there.
    Options
  • Starlight_Knight
    Starlight_Knight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BARD! BARD BARDY BARD BARD.
    I would like a bard please, thankyou.
    Options
  • Nacario
    Nacario
    ✭✭✭
    Honestly id rather see them revamp all classes, if not a total combat revamp then update the animations. Black Desert has done it three times since its release in 2016 to keep things fresh and interesting.
    Options
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bard
    Options