The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

Dear Developers, please make yourself some magdks in PvP

• DrSlaughtr
    DrSlaughtr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You just have to play to magDK strengths. It's just as viable as any of the base game classes. The issue is warden and necro are running a train on everyone else right now to the point that an entire alliance right now on XB is 99% all warden. The only counter is to run the same.

The better thing to do instead of all these topics asking for buffs to their preferred base game class is to start topics about balancing warden and necro. If the board lit up with enough complaints they would take notice.
    I drink and I stream things.
    Twitch: DrSlaughtr
    YouTube: DrSlaughtr
    Facebook: DrSlaughtr
    Twitter: DrSlaughtr
    TikTok: DrSlaughtr
  • Pauwer
    Pauwer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hmm, im not the best player of eso, but i can still lose a fight on my warden to a dk. It depends on some many variables that you can't always know and can't always win. In fact, this is just my personal opinion, groups, premade groups, always run few stamdens and at least one magcro and stamcro. So what you might see, that a stamden runs you over in a fight in cyrodill, it might very well be a group effort, not just a solo warden. You know?
  • DrSlaughtr
    DrSlaughtr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pauwer wrote: »
    Hmm, im not the best player of eso, but i can still lose a fight on my warden to a dk. It depends on some many variables that you can't always know and can't always win. In fact, this is just my personal opinion, groups, premade groups, always run few stamdens and at least one magcro and stamcro. So what you might see, that a stamden runs you over in a fight in cyrodill, it might very well be a group effort, not just a solo warden. You know?

Nah. I play one. It's dumb easy if you build it right. That's not to say you won't run into an experienced player on sorc or stam DK that can getcha because skill comes into play but warden right now it's easy mode. Best heals in the game. Free infinite purge. The most broken skill in the game (sub assault) and bugs. Combine with whirlwind or dizzy and it's total cheese.
    I drink and I stream things.
    Twitch: DrSlaughtr
    YouTube: DrSlaughtr
    Facebook: DrSlaughtr
    Twitter: DrSlaughtr
    TikTok: DrSlaughtr
  • gariondavey
    gariondavey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Surprised nobody brought up that mdk won a 50m gold dueling tournament recently. Neither version of dk can possibly be called "bad" but their great 1v1 toolkit does not translate as well to open world or group combat as well as the other tanky brawlers like stamden. Why? Well here's some cool open world dk stuff they deleted...

Chaining players off keep walls from the ground

Leaping up into keeps

Reflecting projectiles

Eruption as an AoE disorient (stun that breaks on taking damage, deleted mechanic)

It's like they're still traumatized from the broken vamp mdk demigods that plagued PvP at launch. The biggest one was clipping wings, if mdk got even a reduced power wing reflect back that matched the power budget of sorc Ball of Lightning or warden Shimmering Shield, then mdk would return to open world. It's also insane to me that a solo dk leaping into a keep is a problem, but a nigh immortal ball group running the walls inside an unflagged keep for hours is fine?

Very specific rules for the tournament though
    PC NA @gariondavey, BG, IC & Cyrodiil Focused Since October 2017 Stamplar (main), Magplar, Magsorc, Stamsorc, StamDK, MagDK, Stamblade, Magblade, Magden, Stamden
  • Pauwer
    Pauwer
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Nah. I play one. It's dumb easy if you build it right. That's not to say you won't run into an experienced player on sorc or stam DK that can getcha because skill comes into play but warden right now it's easy mode. Best heals in the game. Free infinite purge. The most broken skill in the game (sub assault) and bugs. Combine with whirlwind or dizzy and it's total cheese.

I dunno, it depends really who you are up against. I had two 50k health dks on me this morning, againts my full on damage cheese stamden. It did not end well. For me.

Some other guys and girls i can burst down in 2 secs.

It depends on so many things.
  • LightYagami
    LightYagami
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It seems that some people are still ignoring the key point:

Statistical game data > population votes > a few personal opinions / extreme cases.

Some people gave arguments just like... "oh I know a few people who have been smoking for over 50 years and they're still heathier than a few teenagers, so smoking is not bad in fact". I

But what about the median / mean / quarters of the population of the smoking population? t may not be a good analogy but I guess people know what I mean.

A very limited number of samples reaching 5 standard deviation above mean won't represent the whole population well. (I guess I'm also one of the out-liners, as mentioned.)

We don't usually hear comments like " I know one Warden can perform well", because we all know the vast majority of Wardens are just good at multiple roles.

The necessity of using a few extreme cases or very low number of sample to argue that magdks are OP in fact further proved how bad the vast majority is.

Anyway I've made my self clear again further to my reply #22, and I'm not doing a statics class...

I trust ZOS have some good teams doing real statistics (not only looking at a few forum replies from a few players, including myself).

That's all. signing off. Have a good game.
    No improvement on Cyrodill servers -> no ESO plus renewal.
  • gamma71
    gamma71
    ✭✭✭✭

I dunno, it depends really who you are up against. I had two 50k health dks on me this morning, againts my full on damage cheese stamden. It did not end well. For me.

So it took 2 dk's to bring you down wow dk's are fine 😔
    Edited by gamma71 on May 25, 2021 5:15PM
  • Pauwer
    Pauwer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    gamma71 wrote: »

So it took 2 dk's to bring you down wow dk's are fine 😔

No it was more like, that you will not automatically win every fight on warden. It just does not happen.

Ok, so i started playing magdk on bgs now and it's a hoot. Yes i am using procs and have like 3 or 4 divines and mundus is mag recovery. And im a breton. For me this works. And i don't focus 100% on damage, but run resto and heals and buffs for group on backbar. Yes, i would like to see the skills cost less, but it is possible to play well, but you really have to focus on recovery. I think i might have mag rec glyphs too. So with the procs, dots, heals, buffs, high recovery, it works. I see the class as a melee mag class that has to keep the pressure on the other guy at all times. And procs really help.

I'm pretty sure that in cyro it would suck tho without the procs on solo. In groups might be ok, who knows.
  • Zer0_CooL
    Zer0_CooL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    yeyesil wrote: »
    ... How many classes have purge? Templar/necro(cleanses 1 negative effect)/necro (noone uses cleanse in stamcro). They cant spam purge but you can easily spam dots to proc your 3x whip and lots of healing from embers spamming every 4-5 seconds. On the other side purges cannot be spammed because of high cost and sustain problems....

Stamden/stamcros are getting nerfed every patch and becoming more balanced. Especially with the nerfs of arctic blast/master snb/malubeth, pvp will be much more balanced.

Most pvp players in this game abuses OP classes/builds or want their favorite class/playstyle to be OP. I think magdk is quite balanced at the moment. Ofc there are some problems that needs to be fixed like a bit sustain problem in magdk but it can be solved easily with a few more recovery/cost reduction glyphes or breton race and even with the buff to Coag blood cost reduction.

Wardens Netch has a cleanse too.

Spaming DoTs that make less damage than a spamable, while cost more resources is among the most idiotic concepts of class combat. Can't be really your argument, can it?!

Sure i'll just go full recovery to make up for badly balanced sustain while my baseskills have just as much damage as those of other classes.

Coag Blood doesn't need a cost reduction but a change on the ABSOLUTE USELESS MAJOR FORTITUDE.