Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The PTS is now offline for the patch 10.0.0 maintenance and is currently unavailable.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656543/temporarily-taking-down-the-pts-the-pc-na-live-server
In response to the ongoing issue, the North American PC/Mac megaserver is currently unavailable while we perform maintenance. https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656543/temporarily-taking-down-the-pts-the-pc-na-live-server

Cruel Flurry does not buff itself, but can proc Azureblight

SpiNfuZer
SpiNfuZer
So Rapid Strikes is considered a damage over time, but is not considered single target? Why doesn't Cruel Flurry buff Rapid Strikes? I know Rapid Strikes cannot proc Azureblight on live, but it can on PTS.

• Sluggy
    Sluggy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rapid Strikes is not damage over time. It's channeled direct damage.
  • axi
    axi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Think sherlock what would happen if a spammable would buff itself by 1,7k wep dmg.
  • SpiNfuZer
    SpiNfuZer
    If it is not damage over time, then why does it proc Azureblight on PTS which procs from damage over time?
  • Dominion_Nightblade
    SpiNfuZer wrote: »
    If it is not damage over time, then why does it proc Azureblight on PTS which procs from damage over time?

Once upon a time it was damage over time. ZoS probably just messed up somewhere after changing it to direct damage and that's why it procs ab. Also it would be pretty op if it did proc itself lul. But it was nice when I pared it with DK claw and masters duel wield back bar.
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

That is a bug. Last PTS Flurry was buffed by Thaumaturge (despite not having been a DoT in over a year) until one of the incrementals fixed that after numerous bug reports. Seems they didn’t take the time to fix all the lists it’s on while they were at it.

Each set is manually programmed in terms of which abilities it buffs or procs on. It isn’t just AB procs on “DoTs” and removing Flurry from the category of DoTs stops AB from proccing on it. The devs have to program AB to work off of a specific list of skills. They included Flurry on AB’s list and then forgot to remove it when they decided to make Flurry direct damage. Same reason Selene’s procced off of Relequen for a while after Relequen was introduced: somebody put Relequen (a ranged dot) on Selene’s list, despite Selene being restricted to melee direct damage.
    Edited by virtus753 on May 13, 2021 4:34AM
  • Hotdog_23
    Hotdog_23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This is one of the main reasons why I wish ZOS would do advanced tooltips for each skill so we can see kind of damage it is supposed to be and what affects it. Just stop hiding this information.

It would the community to know because especially on console with no add-on help it can be hard to know what each skill does and what affects it. Plus be easier to help ZOS keep it straight because I think they sometimes suffer from lack of knowledge about it also.

A lot skills and sets and CP so it’s hard to keep up with it all without easier access to the information especially consider how ZOS is always tinkering with skills and sets.

Stay safe and enjoy the journey 😊

PS. ZOS stop the micromanagement of the green tree 🥺
  • SpiNfuZer
    SpiNfuZer
    virtus753 wrote: »
    The devs have to program AB to work off of a specific list of skills. They included Flurry on AB’s list and then forgot to remove it when they decided to make Flurry direct damage.

I think you missed the part where I said Flurry does not proc Azureblight in live, but it does now in PTS. They did not "forget" to remove it. They just made some changes that now makes Flurry proc Azureblight. This probably has something to do making Flurry Bleed damage instead of Physical Damage in the 7.0.0 patch notes (although it specifically only states Bloodthirst).

If Flurry is now Bleed damage, and Bleed damage is a physical DoT, then it should be buffed by Cruel Flurry unless the intention is to buff every single target DoT but itself.
  • MarioMario
    MarioMario
    ✭✭✭
    The devs have to program AB to work off of a specific list of skills. They included Flurry on AB’s list and then forgot to remove it when they decided to make Flurry direct damage.

[...] I said Flurry does not proc Azureblight in live, but it does now in PTS. They did not "forget" to remove it. They just made some changes that now makes Flurry proc Azureblight. [...]

Do you mean azureblight get 5 stacks for flurry cast? Am I right?

This can't go live.

• SpiNfuZer
    SpiNfuZer
    Actually, it is anywhere from 5-7 stacks on a trial dummy. This can proc every 3 to 4 flurries if you only cast flurry and no other DoT skills.
  • Foto1
    Foto1
    ✭✭✭✭
    when I tested a flurry and it was enhanced by the passive ability of the necromancer. maybe something has changed
    PC/EU CP 1200+
    Artaxerks stamina dk khajiit
    Wayna Qhapaq magicka dk argonian
    Rorekur stamina sorc orc
    Maria de Medici magicka sorc breton
    Cordeilla stamina warden wood elf
    Quienn Gwendolen magicka warden high elf
    Nefertari stamina necro khajiit
    Boadicea Icenian magicka templar dark elf
    Clarice de Medici healer nb breton
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

I think you missed the part where I said Flurry does not proc Azureblight in live, but it does now in PTS. They did not "forget" to remove it. They just made some changes that now makes Flurry proc Azureblight. This probably has something to do making Flurry Bleed damage instead of Physical Damage in the 7.0.0 patch notes (although it specifically only states Bloodthirst).

If Flurry is now Bleed damage, and Bleed damage is a physical DoT, then it should be buffed by Cruel Flurry unless the intention is to buff every single target DoT but itself.

IIRC, during the Maelstrom meta back in late 2019, Cruel Flurry did buff itself and was then changed so it didn’t in order to avoid insane builds.

ETA: I’m not finding it in the patch notes at a quick glance, but there was a concern about the massive buff to Cruel Flurry buffing Flurry itself. They halved the bonus of CF in one patch note, but I’ll have to do some more digging about the self-buffing.
    Edited by virtus753 on May 13, 2021 1:36PM
  • MarioMario
    MarioMario
    ✭✭✭
    Actually, it is anywhere from 5-7 stacks on a trial dummy. This can proc every 3 to 4 flurries if you only cast flurry and no other DoT skills.

No good.
  • axi
    axi
    ✭✭✭✭✭

IIRC, during the Maelstrom meta back in late 2019, Cruel Flurry did buff itself and was then changed so it didn’t in order to avoid insane builds.

ETA: I’m not finding it in the patch notes at a quick glance, but there was a concern about the massive buff to Cruel Flurry buffing Flurry itself. They halved the bonus of CF in one patch note, but I’ll have to do some more digging about the self-buffing.

Flurry never buffed itself when used with maelstrom dual wield. The concern in 2019 was surrounding Scalebreaker patch changes to DoTs and insane tooltips some of them were getting.

At that point maelstrom dual wield was buffing one single target DoT used after cast of flurry by 2k wep or spell dmg which combined with facts that all DoTs recived buffs to tooltips and that new universal and strong single target DoT was added (soul trap base tooltip was buffed by 160%) resulted with insane DPS people were getting with vMA dual wield. That was making many other spammables obsolete in comparison. Difference between mag and stam DD was also really high on certain classes.

ZoS seeing this changed vMA dual wield from buffing one next single target DoT used after flurry by 2k wd/sd to buffing all DoTs used within 4 seconds after casting flurry by 1k wd/sd. Later on when ZoS nerfed all DoTs they decided to buff wep/spell dmg value in maesltrom dual wield to 1,7k.

You're not finding anything in the patch notes or other threads because there was no such a thing as flurry buffing itself with vMA dual wield.
  • axi
    axi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    logan_ESO wrote: »

[...] I said Flurry does not proc Azureblight in live, but it does now in PTS. They did not "forget" to remove it. They just made some changes that now makes Flurry proc Azureblight. [...]

Do you mean azureblight get 5 stacks for flurry cast? Am I right?

This can't go live.

To be honest it's not as bad as it looks like. Many things that Azureblight users are getting adventage of right now will be nerfed after the pacth plus even with few DoTs running and flurry spam it'll still take 5-6 seconds between azuresblight procs.
  • MashmalloMan
    MashmalloMan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Flurry hits 5 times, LA is 1. So you can get 6 stacks every 1 second from flurry alone.

Categorizing bleed damage as a physical dot is wrong now.

About 2 years ago +, bleed damage was used as a way to provide physical damage based dots, with an extra modifier that allowed the dot to completely avoid any and all physical resistance.

Then they changed it to just behave like a regular dot. Since that point, bleed damage has had no additional effects and was only used as "flavour" text that allowed certain sets like Dro'Zakar's Claws to search for these specific instances of damage.

However, as of patch 29... Bleed damage has completely changed from flavour text to it's own entire damage type as well. This means it is no longer buffed by "Physical" damage bonuses like it was before.

For example, stam sorcs +5% physical damage does not apply to bleed damage any more, but it did, pre patch 29. So when you think of Bleed damage, you should no longer think of it as a "flavour texted, physical damage based dot". The only thing "physical" about it is that it follows the physical resitance or penetration rules for Martial damage, so poison, disease, physical and bleed.

like any other damage type, it comes in 4 states, each with their own status effect chance.

Single Target Direct = 10%
    AOE Direct = 5%
    Single Target DOT = 3%
    AOE DOT = 1%

In conclusion.. Just because Bloodthirst is now bleed damage, does not mean it was intended to follow dot rules. Flurry is a channeled direct damage melee spammable with 5 ticks.

This adds the first single target direct damage bleed spammable in the game, allowing players a reliable way proc the new status effect, Hemorrhaging. Bloodthirst as bleed damage gives each tick of it's attack a 10% base proc chance to apply the new effect (16% with CP)... which is indeed a 4s dot with minor mangle as a debuff.

TLDR: No doubt, this is a bug.
    Edited by MashmalloMan on May 15, 2021 1:54AM
    PC Beta - 1900+ CP

Stam Sorc Khajiit PvE/PVP Main || Stam Sorc Dark Elf PvP ||
    Stam Templar Dark Elf || Stam Warden Wood Elf || Stam DK Nord || Stam Necro Orc || Stam Blade Khajiit

Mag Sorc High Elf || Mag Templar High Elf || Mag Warden Breton || Mag Necro Khajiit || Mag Blade Khajiit
  • Marto
    Marto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hotdog_23 wrote: »
    This is one of the main reasons why I wish ZOS would do advanced tooltips for each skill so we can see kind of damage it is supposed to be and what affects it.

I agree! That'd be a pretty nice QoL improvement. Maybe use different colors for DoT and Direct Damage, or specify it in the corner of the card?
    "According to the calculations of the sages of the Cult of the Ancestor Moth, the batam guar is the cutest creature in all Tamriel"
  • Styxius
    Styxius
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sluggy wrote: »
    Rapid Strikes is not damage over time. It's channeled direct damage.

It does display as a dot though, and before it's mentioned Jabs is also channeled direct but communicates this properly.
  • Holycannoli
    Holycannoli
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    So Rapid Strikes is considered a damage over time, but is not considered single target? Why doesn't Cruel Flurry buff Rapid Strikes? I know Rapid Strikes cannot proc Azureblight on live, but it can on PTS.

I think it used to be a DoT. I remember it proccing Valkyn Skoria all the time and I loved that synergy. It stopped doing that when I reinstalled in May and was disappointed.
    Edited by Holycannoli on August 1, 2022 6:20PM