Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Character Creation should have a warning...

RandomKodiak
RandomKodiak
✭✭✭✭
As long as this travesty seems to be going live I don't think it would take too much coding to add "If you want to play Vet content in PvE don't make a stamina based character." Seems only fair to any new players. @ZOS_BrianWheeler
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Someone really likes their hyperbole ...
    rolleyes.gif

• BalticBlues
    BalticBlues
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    "If you want to play content in PvP, don't make a magicka based character.".
    Fixed this for you.
  • Fennwitty
    Fennwitty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You can totally bring your stam builds into PvE dungeons.

Just don't bring that mess into trials :p
    PC NA
  • RandomKodiak
    RandomKodiak
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ok SirAndy. If Stamina is already unwelcomed in Vet trials and even Vet DLC dungeon runs because the tanks can only gear for one or the other and Pen is the main factor and has been for over a year now, how is reducing Pen not hurting Stam even more? Yes you can hit the Pen cap on a stam toon but at the expense of crit and/or weapon damage taking your damage down even farther below what it was with the lack of Pen. Why would anyone welcome a Stam toon into their trial now that the situation is even worse? Go roll your eyes somewhere else.
  • RandomKodiak
    RandomKodiak
    ✭✭✭✭
    Fennwitty wrote: »
    You can totally bring your stam builds into PvE dungeons.

Just don't bring that mess into trials :p

Right that would be my point! It has been getting steadily worse over the last two years and they are making it worse again.
  • RandomKodiak
    RandomKodiak
    ✭✭✭✭
    "If you want to play content in PvP, don't make a magicka based character.".
    Fixed this for you.

I agree Baltic they should add both!
  • Kaysha
    Kaysha
    ✭✭✭✭
    Make PvE bosses dodge a certain percentage of ranged attacks. Problem fixed.
  • BlueRaven
    BlueRaven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As long as this travesty seems to be going live I don't think it would take too much coding to add "If you want to play Vet content in PvE don't make a stamina based character." Seems only fair to any new players. @ZOS_BrianWheeler

Bosmers - Stamina based - Has a detect stealth ability that only is useful in PvP.

Hmmm, maybe there should be a warning...
  • NeillMcAttack
    NeillMcAttack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What exactly is stopping you from bringing a Stam toon to endgame?

If it's pen, then use Tzogvin's, or Perfected Yandir's! Anything with a line of pen. Or ask the tank to wear Tremorscale, there aren't many useful tank monster sets anyway.
    Make choices...

If you are referring to score pushing, then one will simply always be more effective than the other, nothing anyone can do about that.
    PC EU - NoCP PvP, is real PvP
    Tiidehunter Nord StamDK EP PvP Main
    Legion Commander Tresdin Stamplar DC PvE Main
    Sephirith Altmer MagPlar EP Gondar the Bounty Hunter Khajiit StamBlade DC
    The Dirge Redguard StamNecro EP Disruptor Stormcrafter Nord StamSorc AD
    Lone Druid Bosmer Stam Warden EP Necro-Phos Argonian MagBlade AD
    @ McAttack in game
    Played since beta, and then on console at release, until the game became unplayable on console.
  • RandomKodiak
    RandomKodiak
    ✭✭✭✭
    What exactly is stopping you from bringing a Stam toon to endgame?

If it's pen, then use Tzogvin's, or Perfected Yandir's! Anything with a line of pen. Or ask the tank to wear Tremorscale, there aren't many useful tank monster sets anyway.
    Make choices...

If you are referring to score pushing, then one will simply always be more effective than the other, nothing anyone can do about that.

Not even score pushing. Right now most PUG trial groups won't take Stam and yes no prog groups. On a Bosmer, with Tzogvins on PTS right now even on the trial dummy 17500 is what you get. So anyone not playing a Bosmer even with a Pen line likje Tzogvins is going to be at max without even more sacrifices to crit or WD 16600. Like Mag in PvP not asking to be the exact same and do the same damage, etc.. but being welcome would be nice. It is how the developers have made it so it is only really feasible to go with one or the other. The whole reason Stam does "more damage" is because they have to be in range, etc.. but if groups don't want to bother the extra damage doesn't do much good does it? I don't know what the solution is but it used to be you could bring mixed groups to Vet trials and succeed, now it is not really possible because of "balance" changes to gear and sets. I don't blame the people running the trials for going with Mag when it is way easier to accommodate and gear for, I blame the developers and hence why the main is tagged in the first post. If for some reason you don't believe I am right stand in Crag most of the Vet PUG groups say Mag only, try to look for a prog guild, they mostly say Mag only. I don't think I should be relegated to only running base content and the occasional Vet Dungeon because the developers have some weird hate/love relationship with stam and Mag and PvE/PvP and I don't like PvP, I don't think Mag lovers should be nearly excluded from PvP. There will always be builds that are BiS I get that and don't even have an issue with it but the way it is now sucks for a lot of people not just me.
  • ZOS_GregoryV
    Greetings all,

After review, we have decided it best to close this thread as it seems to be more on the side of Baiting. Baiting is a violation of the Community Guidelines and is stated as follows:
    • Trolling or Baiting: The act of trolling is defined as something that is created for the intent to provoke conflict, shock others, or to elicit a strong negative or emotional reaction. It’s okay and very normal to disagree with others, and even to debate, but provoking conflict, baiting, inciting, mocking, etc. is never acceptable in the official The Elder Scrolls Online community. If you do not have something constructive or meaningful to add to a discussion, we strongly recommend you refrain from posting in that thread, and find another discussion to participate in instead. It is also not constructive or helpful to publicly call out others and accuse them of trolling, or call them a troll—please refrain from doing so. If you genuinely believe someone is trolling, please report the post or thread to the ESO Team, and leave it at that.
    When creating threads/posts we ask that they be kept civil, constructive, and within the Community Guidelines. If there may be any questions in regards to the rules, please take a few moments to review them here.

Thank you for your understanding,
    -Greg-
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.