The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

ALERT! Deadly set is currently bugged on PTS!

BrentBlemish
BrentBlemish
✭✭✭✭
So... after hours and hours of trying to figure out why i was losing so much DPS on my parses after a period of time... I have discovered that Deadly 5 piece bonus is bugging out on "Channeled" abilities. (In this case biting jabs)

I discovered this by looking at my logs and seeing that every attack was dealing the damage as intended... but when i dropped 10k DPS on parse i was notiving that ONLY jabs was losing about 5k DPS. (Jabs is also the only channeled ability i have)

When deadly was working as intended, Jabs would crit from 15-16k while when deadly was bugged, it was critting for 13.6k

To test my theory... i removed deadly set and did a parse with Briarheart and saw my DPS go back up.... but not quiet to 85k. After doing a full parse, i swapped Deadly back on and BOOM. Deadly started working as intended and my Jabs went back to critting at 15-16k and my combat metrics was putting me back up to the 85k ball park.

First image is Deadly working as intended...
vzn9c8peqalc.jpg

Second image is showing deadly not working on channeled abilities aka Jabs...
4ljue34ngmpe.jpg

This bug seems to happen after having deadly equipped for a period of time. im not sure whats causing it. I am running the new Kilt mythic item, and im not sure if that is causing it to bug out or not.
  • Icy_Nelyan
    Icy_Nelyan
    ✭✭✭
    And not only deadly set, embershield and jolting arms too, those two sets 5 Pieces bonus don't seems to work
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Deadly doesn’t just affect channeled abilities. It also buffs DoTs, and you have at least seven of those...

Why didn’t it stop affecting the DoTs if it’s a problem with Deadly?

To clarify: the abilities affected by Deadly have to be programmed manually. The set can’t tell if it’s a channel or a DoT, only whether the devs have included the ability in the list of things affected. There is no way that I can see that Deadly can discriminate between the two on its own.
    Edited by virtus753 on May 4, 2021 11:28PM
  • BrentBlemish
    BrentBlemish
    ✭✭✭✭
    virtus753 wrote: »
    Deadly doesn’t just affect channeled abilities. It also buffs DoTs, and you have at least seven of those...

To clarify: the abilities affected by Deadly have to be programmed manually. The set can’t tell if it’s a channel or a DoT, only whether the devs have included the ability in the list of things affected. There is no way that I can see that Deadly can discriminate between the two on its own.

I dont know. Like i said. Jabs was the only thing that wasnt working with deadly. All the other DoTs got buffed. There is a case to be made that when deadly got reworked, its early rework didnt include channeled abilities. They later added channeled abilities to deadly. So that might answer your question.

But like i states, after removing the entire set and reapplying it after doing a full parse with another set fixed the problem and jabs started working as intended again. So... whatever reason being... for me, it only effected my channeled abilities.
  • BrentBlemish
    BrentBlemish
    ✭✭✭✭
    virtus753 wrote: »

Actually i think you are right.... taking another look at my logs i posted here... it does seem that all the other DoTs hit lower (prolly 20%) lower then the 1st parse. Endless hail lost 1k DPS. and one point Trap beast hit 20k while the 2nd parse showed the highest it hit was 13k.

So i think you are right.... it's not just channeled... its the entire 5 pc bonus.
  • PureEnvelope35
    PureEnvelope35
    ✭✭✭✭
    Been testing on PTS a bit, it seems that sets just randomly... stop working, from Ancient Grace to Aegis of Galenwe, it seems after a bit of time being worn they lose their bonusses, hoping that this does get seen by ZoS in time for live though.
    • Fashion is the true endgame.
    • PC EU
    • EP Astera the Charlatan Stamina Arcanist (PvE)
    • EP Malina the Pure Stamina Warden (PvP)
    • EP Athena the Pure Stamina Dragonknight (PvP)
    • EP Elizabeth the Pure Stamina Sorcerer (PvP)
    • DC Bonneville the Pure Magicka Dragonknight (PvE)
    • DC Lyudmila the Omen Stamina Necromancer (PvE)
    • DC Breña the Pure Stamina Nightblade (PvP)
    • DC Cirise the Pure Magicka Warden (PvP)
    • DC Melinda the Omen Stamina Necromancer (PvP)
    • DC Adeliane the Pure Magicka Templar (PvP)
    • AD Valencia the Pure Magicka Dragonknight (PvE)
    • AD Do'Nhadir Stamina Nightblade (PvP)
    • AD Xiphias Sword-Like-Comet Stamgicka Warden (PvP)
    • AD Eleanora the Pure Stamina Sorcerer (PvE)
  • NoSoup
    NoSoup
    ✭✭✭✭
    Been testing on PTS a bit, it seems that sets just randomly... stop working, from Ancient Grace to Aegis of Galenwe, it seems after a bit of time being worn they lose their bonusses, hoping that this does get seen by ZoS in time for live though.

Surely it must be something besides the bonus' dropping off after wearing the set for a while. When you look at the OP's second parse he/she is using deadly as weapons so you would think the game would be recogonising the set being equipped/unuequipped every weapon swap???

Potential weapon swap bug maybe?
    Formally SirDopey, lost forum account during the great reset.....
  • Skullstachio
    Skullstachio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Moreover, in a real PvE group scenario, the wading kilt won’t be as effective, especially if there is the off-chance you take direct damage from a trash mob you lose 5 stacks. This is especially punishing for solo play and especially in solo arena trials like maelstrom and vateshran hollows.
    I know what you di-Iddly did... (you would be wise not to do that again during a time when Suspicion in the gaming space is at an all time high.)
    by not actually revealing real drop tables in the game for all items, you only prove what has been proven with proof of concept that you can/will manipulate item drop chances based on certain elements performed by the player.
  • Girl_Number8
    Girl_Number8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Quite a few sets have been tested and are bugged. Doubt they will be fixed before going live.

Need to spend less time on the PTS testing. At least, until feedback is once again listened to on there.
    Edited by Girl_Number8 on May 5, 2021 1:20AM
  • FangOfTheTwoMoons
    FangOfTheTwoMoons
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't worry. It'll go live like that.

Oh wait, isn't the PTS meant to catch bugs before a patch goes live?
  • Sleep724
    Sleep724
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The bugs will continue until morale improves.
  • BrentBlemish
    BrentBlemish
    ✭✭✭✭
    Moreover, in a real PvE group scenario, the wading kilt won’t be as effective, especially if there is the off-chance you take direct damage from a trash mob you lose 5 stacks. This is especially punishing for solo play and especially in solo arena trials like maelstrom and vateshran hollows.

I thought the same. but honestly i ran a few solo dungeons and i was surprised by how often i was able to still keep it up. Then when i ran a companion as a tank... it was at max stacks for about 80-90% of the time. Even at half stacks 5% crit damage is still pretty useful. No matter what, i WILL be running it for most of my PvE content.