The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Reminder to Zos: DKs still need big changes

Sleep724
Sleep724
✭✭✭✭✭
With all the threads calling for needed improvements to Dragon Knights, somehow they’ve gone under the radar again. With outdated passives, high cost of abilities, abilities that are weak and rarely used, no execute and no proper stamina spammable, the class is still in need of a serious rework.
  • LightYagami
    LightYagami
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Reminder to ZOS: please make yourselves some magdks and intensively play PvP for a month. You'll know the unsolved problems of the class.

Combination of being slow, melee, low burst, no execution, high cost, DoT can be purged, nerfed wings, nerfed spike, nerfed leap, nerfed cc, hard nerfed DoT, etc.

Just try yourselves please. Not only one or two rounds of low MMR BGs, but also CP Cyrodiil and IC against other players, Stamdens, Stamsorcs, Stamcros, etc.
    No improvement on Cyrodill servers -> no ESO plus renewal.
  • DreadDaedroth
    DreadDaedroth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pre Elsweyr wings.
  • danthemann5
    danthemann5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pre Elsweyr wings.

Let's not forget STAMWHIP!

Of course, I'm not holding my breath here. DK is the class that time and ZOS forgot.
    ZeniMax has no obligation to correct any errors or defects in the Services.

Greetings! We've closed this thread due to its non-constructive nature.

"You know you don't have to be here right?" - ZOS_RichLambert
  • Athrys5
    Athrys5
    ✭✭✭
    Give us a proper stam spammable, we've been spamming dyzzing swing (wrecking blow for the ogs) for 6 years.
    EU - PC

Athryss
  • amir412
    amir412
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MagDK is strong in 1 vs 1 scenarios and no one can deny it. Back at the days MagDK was like a god in both outnumbered scenarios and duels, I guess zos afraid to create the same case again. I do agree that MagDK skills cost is absurd and need to be looked at.
    PC | EU | AD |Stam Dk named "-Saidden"| 1700 CP|
    "..A world without fire. Ashen one, is this truly thy wish?.."

• notachik
    notachik
    ✭✭✭
    Or an improvement to mag recovery..but yes u can def drain your mag FAST! In a panic situation and otherwise
  • hakan
    hakan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pre Elsweyr wings.

Let's not forget STAMWHIP!

Of course, I'm not holding my breath here. DK is the class that time and ZOS forgot.

instead of stamwhip, i want the roundhouse fist that npcs/mobs have.
  • gariondavey
    gariondavey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Buff the big boi dks!
    PC NA @gariondavey, BG, IC & Cyrodiil Focused Since October 2017 Stamplar (main), Magplar, Magsorc, Stamsorc, StamDK, MagDK, Stamblade, Magblade, Magden, Stamden
  • tomofhyrule
    tomofhyrule
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    hakan wrote: »
    instead of stamwhip, i want the roundhouse fist that npcs/mobs have.

That attack is awesome! I'd love to have that.
    Edited by tomofhyrule on May 4, 2021 4:49PM
  • Grimlok_S
    Grimlok_S
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    #STAMWHIP
    Light Attack Hero

Class context
    Stamplar
    StamDK
    Stamsorc
    MagDK
    StamMAGStamden
    Magplar
    Stam NB
    Bomb NB
  • Sleep724
    Sleep724
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stam DKs should be the “bleed” class. Give poison damage to NBs. Because isn’t that what assassins use? And give disease damage to StamWardens, since most of their Vvardenfell animal companions should carry diseases anyway (See TES III).
  • Extinct_Solo_Player
    Extinct_Solo_Player
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stam dk themed heroic slash type spammable that deals damage please...
  • ArcVelarian
    ArcVelarian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just a snippet of the buffs needed to bring many DK players back to the game:
    1. Buff Stone Giant's damage by at least 20% and remove the cast time.
    2. Combustion should be providing Magicka and Stamina resource restoration per DoT tick in addition to flat regen.
    3. Lava Whip (and both morphs) need to scale off of highest offensive stats.
    4. Inferno (and both morphs) should really be activating every 1 or 2 seconds as opposed to 5 seconds.
    5. Dragon Blood should scale based on max health and not missing health.
    6. Inhale needs a significant damage buff and a Stamina Morph.
    7. Iron Skin should be doubled (to 20%) if not tripled (to 30%).
    8. Burning Heart should increase healing received by 20% while a Draconic Power ability is active.
    9. Draconic Power abilities need to have their costs reduced in general.
    10. Scaled Armor should provide 3300 Physical Resistance in addition to 3300 Spell Resistance. It's silly this isn't already the case.
    11. Ash Cloud (and both morphs) should have its radius increased to 8 meters and Cinder Storm should heal for significantly more.
    12. Mountain's Blessing should generate 6 Ultimate every 3 seconds.

The crazy thing is that I don't think any of these would be controversial.
    Murphy's Law of PvP : If it can be abused and or exploited, it will be abused and or exploited.
  • kookster
    kookster
    ✭✭✭✭
    1. Dragon Blood should scale based on max health and not missing health.

Heals or damage that scale off of max health is a BAD idea cause it makes health tanks unkillable. Scale it off weapon/spell stam/mag.
    Potato Pact - PC NA
  • Urzigurumash
    Urzigurumash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kookster wrote: »
    1. Dragon Blood should scale based on max health and not missing health.

Heals or damage that scale off of max health is a BAD idea cause it makes health tanks unkillable. Scale it off weapon/spell stam/mag.

Nah, just go the other way. Give us a skill that lets all of our damage scale off our Max Health. :smile:
    Xbox NA AD / Day 1 ScrubDK / Wood Orc Cuisine Enthusiast
  • Urzigurumash
    Urzigurumash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    On a serious note here's my list, I'll keep it short:

- Restore ability of Corrosive to buff DoTs

- Massively buff Elder Dragon's HP Regen buff, or change it to something else. Keep the 2m extra range on 5m abilities, though of course we'd take a buff to that too

- Similarly, buff our Block Mitigation passive

- Here's my new one: Give Stone Giant highest stat scaling like Flames of Oblivion. Reduce its duration to 6 seconds (for the Ult Gen). Make it auto-fire every 2 seconds. Now DK has delayed burst - if we can manage to time up a Stone Giant tick, with a Flames of Oblivion tick, and an instant Direct Damage skill. That would be single-target*, so it would it still be outclassed by Blastbones / Gravy / Sub, but maybe we'd have about the same burst potential as Sorc.

* and unpredictable against multiple targets

Edited by Urzigurumash on May 6, 2021 12:38AM
    Xbox NA AD / Day 1 ScrubDK / Wood Orc Cuisine Enthusiast
  • xylena_lazarow
    xylena_lazarow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Chaining players off keep walls from the ground

Leaping up into keeps

Reflecting projectiles

Fire damage abilities for sdk

Igneous Weapons adding fire damage to LA/HA

Eruption as an AoE disorient

RIP DK
    PC/NA || CP/Cyro || RIP soft caps
  • divnyi
    divnyi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Delete and redo inhale and stonefist completely. It's just so bad that nobody ever use it.

Increase skill dot damage across the board for +10-20%. Seriously. Dots were overnerfed. DKs suffered more than others.

Everything else is fine in my eyes.
  • danthemann5
    danthemann5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We need to keep our demands for improvement going so we don't continue to get lost in the shuffle patch after patch.

I would like to make a note about poopfist. Make no mistake, the skill and its implementation are utter garbage. However, in normal PvP lag, when Dizzying Swing can take 15 seconds to fire, I replace it with poopfist. At least it works sometimes and gives some damage as opposed to Dizzy, where the target is long gone or dead by the time Dizzy decides to fire, if it does at all.
    ZeniMax has no obligation to correct any errors or defects in the Services.

Greetings! We've closed this thread due to its non-constructive nature.

"You know you don't have to be here right?" - ZOS_RichLambert
  • Sleep724
    Sleep724
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We need to keep our demands for improvement going so we don't continue to get lost in the shuffle patch after patch.

Yes, let’s keep it going. Too long have these issues been around and not addressed. Really, really would like to see better communication from Zos in this regard. Even just an acknowledgement of what they see on the forums.

Sucks tho because any changes, if they even happen, most likely won’t be made until Q3 and with the DK in its current state I personally don’t see myself even logging in on my DK in Blackwood.
  • Jayroo
    Jayroo
    ✭✭✭✭
    They are too busy thinking of ways to drive down their player base to stabilize the servers. I mean that's what they are doing right?
  • Kordai
    Kordai
    ✭✭✭
    amir412 wrote: »
    MagDK is strong in 1 vs 1 scenarios and no one can deny it. Back at the days MagDK was like a god in both outnumbered scenarios and duels, I guess zos afraid to create the same case again. I do agree that MagDK skills cost is absurd and need to be looked at.

Yeah I remember those days. But they were heavily nerfed with the removal of dynamic ult gen more so than any other class, because of battleroar's resource regen when ulting often. I think the nerfs after that weren't all needed.
  • gariondavey
    gariondavey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    1. Buff Stone Giant's damage by at least 20% and remove the cast time.
    2. Combustion should be providing Magicka and Stamina resource restoration per DoT tick in addition to flat regen.
    3. Lava Whip (and both morphs) need to scale off of highest offensive stats.
    4. Inferno (and both morphs) should really be activating every 1 or 2 seconds as opposed to 5 seconds.
    5. Dragon Blood should scale based on max health and not missing health.
    6. Inhale needs a significant damage buff and a Stamina Morph.
    7. Iron Skin should be doubled (to 20%) if not tripled (to 30%).
    8. Burning Heart should increase healing received by 20% while a Draconic Power ability is active.
    9. Draconic Power abilities need to have their costs reduced in general.
    10. Scaled Armor should provide 3300 Physical Resistance in addition to 3300 Spell Resistance. It's silly this isn't already the case.
    11. Ash Cloud (and both morphs) should have its radius increased to 8 meters and Cinder Storm should heal for significantly more.
    12. Mountain's Blessing should generate 6 Ultimate every 3 seconds.

The crazy thing is that I don't think any of these would be controversial.

These are all actually pretty spot on
    PC NA @gariondavey, BG, IC & Cyrodiil Focused Since October 2017 Stamplar (main), Magplar, Magsorc, Stamsorc, StamDK, MagDK, Stamblade, Magblade, Magden, Stamden
  • Extinct_Solo_Player
    Extinct_Solo_Player
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stam spammable needs to be along the lines of a melee instant spammable, think of the animation of heroic slash or even surprise attack. It would be much easier to implement and would a be fluid and smooth ability instead of creating a whole new one which would probably be clunky anyways.
  • Everest_Lionheart
    Everest_Lionheart
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is DK really in that bad of a place in PvP? I don’t really play so I don’t know?

In PvE I find it to be one of the most fun classes to play despite the constant struggle for rss. That struggle for rss is what keeps the class balanced on that side of the game. If I had the mag regen of my Magcro on my MagDK the game just wouldn’t be fair.

The only thing I don’t like is the need to run standard for my rss regeneration. I wish I could run other ultimates in its place sometimes.
  • xylena_lazarow
    xylena_lazarow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Is DK really in that bad of a place in PvP? I don’t really play so I don’t know?
    It's good at dealing damage while holding block in duels, and ball groups use the banner ult. In most situations, you would be able to do the same things more easily on a warden, which also offers more overall. I would not call DK bad, people have success with it, but most of the cool things DK used to do (see my earlier post) are long gone.
    PC/NA || CP/Cyro || RIP soft caps
  • TrinityBreaker
    TrinityBreaker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I started playing ESO when in released on consoles in 2015. Also want to point out that DK is by far my favorite class, although I wish it wasnt so bad right now. With that in mind, what is dynamic ult gen?
    Edited by TrinityBreaker on May 7, 2021 1:15AM
    Ebonheart for life.
    Xbox NA
    I am Dog Star.

Khajiit Stam Sorc - Ji'saad Ranajiradh AR 30
    Khajiit Mag DK - Kesjhad
    Khajiit Magblade - Ji'sava Ak'nir
    Fat Khajiit Stamplar - Dro'haniAk'nir - AR 36
    Khajiit Stam Dk - Diego Ri'jhad - AR 49
    Khajiit Magplar - Dro'nara Ak'nir
    Khajiit StamBlade - Ri'artharr Ak'nir
    Fat Khajiit Stamden - Dro'hani Warbreaker
    Argonian Stam DK - Tiberius Demetros
    Khajiit Stamplar - Diëgo Ri'jhad
    Fat Khajiit Stam DK - Drö'hani Ak'nir/Dances-With-Alkosh
    Khajiit Magden - Arctic Mayhem

• Excelsus
    Excelsus
    ✭✭✭✭
    I just want stam DKs to have a coherant vision. So many half changes over the years. Are we still vomit dragons? Fire benders? Earth benders? So many awkward skill redesigns from different eras of eso development and nothing meshes. I remember when eso first realized people wanted stamina builds and we got the infamous poop claw and belch skills, people complained, it was weird how we had a mix of fire and poison but there was a hope theyd keep fleshing out stamdks. 4 years later we have... an awkward earth bender stomp. Poison whip. Poison inhale. Flames of oblivion turns poison if your stam is higher, a real passive rework to make stamdks the poison class.
  • StamPlar_1976
    StamPlar_1976
    ✭✭✭✭
    Chaining players off keep walls from the ground

Leaping up into keeps

Reflecting projectiles

Fire damage abilities for sdk

Igneous Weapons adding fire damage to LA/HA

Eruption as an AoE disorient

RIP DK

I miss DK 😔
  • ke.sardenb14_ESO
    ke.sardenb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭

In PvE I find it to be one of the most fun classes to play despite the constant struggle for rss. That struggle for rss is what keeps the class balanced on that side of the game. If I had the mag regen of my Magcro on my MagDK the game just wouldn’t be fair.

The only thing I don’t like is the need to run standard for my rss regeneration. I wish I could run other ultimates in its place sometimes.

Prior the zens redress, the MagDK was at the bottom of the barrel in PvE magic DPS. StamDK is currently the lowest hitting DPS in live, additionally not many people like running Stonegiant.