Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

1st Place PVP Tourney 4 vs 4 PC EU

Extrawelt
Extrawelt
✭✭✭
Here we have all 4 Fights from the 4vs4 Tournament, in my Perspective with Voice and all Leading Aspects, enjoy! :)
I hope ZOS will finally realize that ESO has the Potential to be a more competitive Game! Imagine Esports in ESO like in other MMORPG´s, best example for it is WoW ofc!
Big thanks to the Organisers, Streamers and all Viewers, maybe we can show ZOS how competitive ESO can be instead of "just" beeing a "Roleplay Game"!

[snip]

[Edited to remove Profanity]
Edited by ZOS_ConnorG on May 16, 2021 3:13PM
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Warden, Necro, Templar, DK. Seems like one tough group
    Edited by Waffennacht on May 2, 2021 3:19AM
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Extrawelt
    Extrawelt
    ✭✭✭
    These were the Tournament Rules: (nothing unfair, everyone had the same conditions!)

Sets/Potions/Poisons:
    - ALL sets are allowed (all current cyro sets, check the screenshot below), you are also allowed to use the 3pc or 4pc of other sets and 1pc monster sets!
    - only 1 defensive set per player (impreg, beekeeper, plague doctor, brass)
    - Poisons :white_check_mark:
    - ONLY basic tri stat potions allowed ( no major heroism or armor pots etc. / only mag, stam, hp)

HP & Group Comps :
    - 2 defensive ultimates per group of 4, 3 defensive ultimates per group of 6 (secluded grove, atronach, soul shred, veil of blades, shield wall, panacea, sturdy
    horn, rite of passage)
    - excluded ultimates: reanimate, bone goliath transformation, barrier, blood scion, werewolf transformation)
    - NO healbots in the 4v4 fights AND no guard (guard counts for 4v4 and 6v6) ! ( No mutagen stack ofc.)
    - 35k HP BUFFED
    - 4v4: 1 warden 1 necro (stam or mag doesnt matter)
    - 6v6: either 2x warden 1x necro or 2x necro 1x warden (only 1 colossus per team, if you pick 2x warden or 2x necro it has to be 1 mag and 1 stam), 1x Support Char with purge
    e.g is allowed
    - slot- able ultimates but are NOT allowed to use: undo, werewolf transformation
    - harmony is allowed for the 6v6 but only by 1 person per group!

- Each guild only matches 2-3 other guilds (match-ups are randomized based on factions) but each match is best of 3.
    There will be multiple chances to win VS other guilds, but not everyone will fight everyone else.
  • Thraben
    Thraben
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Extrawelt wrote: »
    These were the Tournament Rules: (nothing unfair, everyone had the same conditions!)

HP & Group Comps :
    - 2 defensive ultimates per group of 4, 3 defensive ultimates per group of 6 (secluded grove, atronach, soul sh
    - 6v6: either 2x warden 1x necro or 2x necro 1x warden (only 1 colossus per team, if you pick 2x warden or 2x necro it has to be 1 mag and 1 stam), 1x Support Char with purge

- harmony is allowed for the 6v6 but only by 1 person per group

A hint: rules have to be formulated in a general way to create a wider participation.

A single rule like: "Every team must consist of every of ESO's classes with no more than 35k health unbuffed." would be sufficient, and would yield more interesting results.

The way your former 6vs6 ruleset is formulated reveals far too much about intentions, fears, discussions and prejudices of involved parties.
    Edited by Thraben on May 2, 2021 11:21AM
    Hauptmann der Dolche des Königs

DDK ist die letzte Verteidigungslinie des Dolchsturz- Bündnisses auf der 30-Tage-No-CP- Kampagne(EU) mit dem Anspruch, in kleinen, anfängerfreundlichen Raid-Gruppen möglichst epische Schlachten auszufechten.

DDK is the Daggerfall Covenant´s last line of defense on the 30 days no-cp campaign (EU). We intend to fight epic battles in small, casual player friendly raid groups.
  • NotShin
    NotShin
    Soul Shriven
    Great fights guys, it was a pleasure as co-host and admin to have you guys participate, ofc that applies also for all the teams who joined... it was a great tournament.

(PS always hope that ZOS will give more attention to the PVP scene :) )
    Edited by NotShin on May 5, 2021 11:44PM
  • WoppaBoem
    WoppaBoem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    GG, does looks rather boring tho :/
    Edited by WoppaBoem on May 2, 2021 11:27AM
    Xbox EU & NA - PVP Only
  • NirnStorm
    NirnStorm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thraben wrote: »
    Extrawelt wrote: »

HP & Group Comps :
    - 2 defensive ultimates per group of 4, 3 defensive ultimates per group of 6 (secluded grove, atronach, soul sh

- harmony is allowed for the 6v6 but only by 1 person per group

A hint: rules have to be formulated in a general way to create a wider participation.

A single rule like: "Every team must consist of every of ESO's classes with no more than 35k health unbuffed." would be sufficient, and would yield more interesting results.

The way your former 6vs6 ruleset is formulated reveals far too much about intentions, fears, discussions and prejudices of involved parties.

The vast majority of rules were discussed by the entire discord with all participating guilds, and agreed upon by most.
    These rules are far less about "fear and prejudices" but rather a clear understanding of the imbalances in the game that had to be rebalanced by the tournament organizers & participants.

The majority of these rules existed to (1) Prevent stalemates and matches that take longer than 5-10 minutes & (2) create a bit of a diversity and allow some creativity in group comps.

I.E. if full groups of necro/wardens were allowed, the vast majority of successful groups would use those, and if any and all defensive ults were allowed, fights could potentially take forever.
    Characters: (PC NA)
    Ruerock | mDK ___________________________________ Nirnstorm | Magplar
    Ruepork the Magsorc | Magsorc __________________ Nirnshade | Magblade
    Pay To Warden | Magden _________________________ Moar Siege | Stamsorc
    Necrotic Orb | Magcro ____________________________ Bluerock | mDK
    Thelol Kadjit | Magplar ___________________________ Chalman Keep | Stamden
    Characters: (PC EU)
    Reurock | mDK ___________________________________ Nirnstorm | Magplar
    Refrigerator Boy | Magden _______________________ One Button AoE Stun| Magsorc
    Why So Spearious | Stamplar _____________________ Ree ee ee ee | StamDK
    Faction Locked | Magblade _______________________ Bae Blade| Stamblade
    You Shalk Not Pass | Stamden ____________________ Frag N Cheese | Magsorc

🔥 Nirnstorm.com - Top Tier PvP Builds & Guides 🔥

ESO Stream Team Member
    Twitch
    : Twitch.tv/Nirnstorm
    YouTube: YouTube.com/Nirnstorm
    Community Discord: https://discord.gg/APy9KK3

PvP Guild - Flame - [ Videos ]

Faction Lock contradicts the One-Tamriel concept.
    Please do NOT keep it in the game.
  • xylena_lazarow
    xylena_lazarow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Thraben wrote: »
    If you ask me, they should go even further. This game gets incredibly degenerate when played competitively. I'd fully ban all defensive ultimates, SnB and ice staff, any targetable pets, NB invis, the entire Warden and Necro classes, all of the stuff they "restricted" rather than ban, set the HP cap even lower than 35k, and more... these rules are extremely forgiving to a lot of the degenerate guarflop that happens in this game, but I salute the effort.
    PC/NA || CP/Cyro || RIP soft caps
  • Thraben
    Thraben
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NirnStorm wrote: »

The vast majority of rules were discussed by the entire discord with all participating guilds, and agreed upon by most.

I.E. if full groups of necro/wardens were allowed, the vast majority of successful groups would use those, and if any and all defensive ults were allowed, fights could potentially take forever.

I think you totally missed the point. Every efford to regularly organise such competions has failed in the long run because people were fed up with rules they considered arbitrary, and hence soon everything became a toxic mess. That's why most experienced PvP players stay away from it.

A non-arbitrary rule would be: "Each of the opposing teams can select 2 skills the other team is not allowed to use."
    Edited by Thraben on May 2, 2021 5:10PM
    Hauptmann der Dolche des Königs

DDK ist die letzte Verteidigungslinie des Dolchsturz- Bündnisses auf der 30-Tage-No-CP- Kampagne(EU) mit dem Anspruch, in kleinen, anfängerfreundlichen Raid-Gruppen möglichst epische Schlachten auszufechten.

DDK is the Daggerfall Covenant´s last line of defense on the 30 days no-cp campaign (EU). We intend to fight epic battles in small, casual player friendly raid groups.
  • divnyi
    divnyi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is why we need 3vs3 queues ranked. So we won't need to invent hand-made tournaments with [snip] of rules.

[Edited to remove Profanity]
    Edited by ZOS_ConnorG on May 2, 2021 6:40PM
  • Pattceht
    Pattceht
    ✭✭✭
    Rules are fair/easy to comply with. competition went ahead fine don't under stand what @thraben is on about. People who don't want to follow the rules are the people they don't want competing.
  • Pauls
    Pauls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd fully ban all defensive ultimates, SnB and ice staff, any targetable pets, NB invis, the entire Warden and Necro classes, all of the stuff they "restricted" rather than ban, set the HP cap even lower than 35k, and more... these rules are extremely forgiving to a lot of the degenerate guarflop that happens in this game, but I salute the effort.
    I.e. ban everything you cant counter or deal with
  • Vanagrand
    Vanagrand
    ✭✭✭
    It would be fun to force teams to go 2 mag 2 stamina.
  • xylena_lazarow
    xylena_lazarow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Pauls wrote: »
    I.e. ban everything you cant counter or deal with
    I can deal with those things fine, by abusing them even harder than my opponent. But this turns battles into a race to do the broken thing first, or a staring contest where the first to blink gets one shotted. Trash gameplay.
    PC/NA || CP/Cyro || RIP soft caps
  • Shomenuchi
    Shomenuchi
    ✭✭✭
    How can I watch or maybe participate in this activity one day?
  • xv1_me
    xv1_me
    ✭✭✭
    WoppaBoem wrote: »

Seems like they all have max resists and just try and ult bomb one player at a time (which is xv1ing)

Other than that nice jumping around spamming heals and block :)
    Edited by xv1_me on May 3, 2021 6:03PM
  • AyelineESO
    AyelineESO
    ✭✭✭
    xv1_me wrote: »

Seems like they all have max resists and just try and ult bomb one player at a time (which is xv1ing)

Its not Xvs1'ing but yeah.... to each their own I guess. Also try fighting against a decent small man with a build that isnt tanky - I can promise you as soon as the colossus and the Dawnbreakers come flying in your whole group gets oneshot.... they probably wont even need ultis as they can most likely just kill you with Dizzy Swing pressure.

Building tanky with just enough dmg to kill other tanky people with ulti dumps (since squishy players explode anyway If you just look at them) is the meta.

BTT:

Good video, good fights. Really enjoyed watching this tournament live :)
    Edited by AyelineESO on May 3, 2021 9:31PM
    EU - PC
    Banana Squad Inc | Zerg Squad | AoE Rats | Roleplay Circle

Raid/Solo character(s):
    AD | Qiáng | Lvl 50 Stamden | AR 32

Solo/ Smallscale characters:
    DC | Šhaðë | Lvl 50 StamNB | AR 50 | GO reached: 30.10.2015
    AD | Ðawñbrêåkêr | Lvl 50 StamNB | AR 44

Ex-Raid characters
    AD | Lord Ayeline | Lvl 50 Stam Sorc | AR 38
    AD | Ayelíne | Lvl 50 Stam DK | AR 22
    EP | Get Meme'd Kid | Lvl 50 Stam Sorc | AR 36
    EP | Àyèlìnè | Lvl 50 Stam Warden | AR Pleb
  • Kaysha
    Kaysha
    ✭✭✭✭
    AyelineESO wrote: »
    xv1_me wrote: »

Its not Xvs1'ing but yeah.... to each their own I guess. Also try fighting against a decent small man with a build that isnt tanky - I can promise you as soon as the colossus and the Dawnbreakers come flying in your whole group gets oneshot.... they probably wont even need ultis as they can most likely just kill you with Dizzy Swing pressure.

Building tanky with just enough dmg to kill other tanky people with ulti dumps (since squishy players explode anyway If you just look at them) is the meta.

BTT:

Good video, good fights. Really enjoyed watching this tournament live :)

poor meta

"Other than that nice jumping around spamming heals and block :)"

is absolutly right