The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Console players deserves crossplay with PC or a free account transfer

Snowstrider
Snowstrider
✭✭✭✭✭
Seriously just admit that the console version still feels like a beta version of the game and do your customers justice by giving us a account transfer/merger or crossplay with PC or do you think its fair to us who have spent so much time and money? The amount of money we the customers have spent on you should give us quality
  • Cryptor
    Cryptor
    ✭✭✭
    What?
    Casually Xbox Guild: Discord Server - Recruiting Thread - Guild Website - My information: Instagram - Twitch Stream - Youtube Channel - Discord Server - Xbox GT: OGCryptor - Mastodon Profile
  • colossalvoids
    colossalvoids
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Not that pc is getting any more quality.

Also it wouldn't be the case even if they could do it technically, consoles lack of add-on support so pc are kind of in an advantageous position and that's the main issue against both playing with/against each other. It's not an unfair advantage btw, console players deliberately chose platform where it wouldn't be supported.
  • Nord_Raseri
    Nord_Raseri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No thank you
    Veit ég aðég hékk vindga meiði á nætr allar níu, geiri undaðr og gefinn Oðni, sjálfr sjálfum mér, á þeim meiði er manngi veit hvers hann af rótum rennr.
  • jm42
    jm42
    ✭✭✭✭
    crossplay with all that addons?
  • lazywhiteseal
    lazywhiteseal
    ✭✭✭
    i dont think account transfer and cross platform play is easy to implement.

and currently cyrodil is already hard to manage with the pc population alone.
    not to mention how pc player has upper hand with addon helps
  • Dark_Lord_Kuro
    Dark_Lord_Kuro
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Also it wouldn't be the case even if they could do it technically, consoles lack of add-on support so pc are kind of in an advantageous position and that's the main issue against both playing with/against each other. It's not an unfair advantage btw, console players deliberately chose platform where it wouldn't be supported.

Well if we were to be put on the same server as pc player, then it would be an unfair adventage
    Because while we did chose to play on a platform that doesnt have addon, we also have the certainty that everyone get the same "tool" for competing againt each other

So i would be ok with ps4/xbox crossplay but not with pc

But if for some reason zos ever want full crossplay there is only 2 fair way to go about it
    Either nobody as addon or every one as them
    (this could be achieved by making them pass by the certification process for exemple)

Account tranfer on the other hand is something i would support, though im not sure its feasable after all this time
    Edited by Dark_Lord_Kuro on April 30, 2021 12:58PM
  • colossalvoids
    colossalvoids
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Well if we were to be put on the same server as pc player, then it would be an unfair adventage
    Because while we did chose to play on a platform that doesnt have addon, we also have the certainty that everyone get the same "tool" for competing againt each other

Yeah so it's the main reason it will never happen. Maybe if Micro and Sony would be able to bring/certify add-ons but it seems very unlikely.
  • svendf
    svendf
    ✭✭✭✭
    What ? Im not going back to PC play. Apps and what not, no thank You.
  • L_Nici
    L_Nici
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I could swear that happened before and many went from PC to Console there. Also playing a game on a Console that is far inferior to a PC is your own decision, you could have bought it for PC.
    A very special girl

PC|EU
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Add ons for PC are the main reason I would never want crossplay.

But also, it just wouldn't work with the way they have to release the versioning. PC and Console would never be playing the same version of the game due to patch scheduling.
  • JanTanhide
    JanTanhide
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Console would lag so much it would be horrible.
  • AlnilamE
    AlnilamE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    L_Nici wrote: »
    I could swear that happened before and many went from PC to Console there. Also playing a game on a Console that is far inferior to a PC is your own decision, you could have bought it for PC.

The PC transfers to console were copied to a blank database before the console servers launched.

It's not the same thing as removing one account from PS4 and making it appear on a fully active PC server.
    The Moot Councillor
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How would cross-play help with the issues the console version is having currently? You'd still be playing the same version of the game so the bugs would still be there, the fact that you'd be on the same server as people using a different version wouldn't help you at all.

Just like how there can be different bugs with the controller UI and keyboard/mouse UI in the PC version - the fact that other people are using the other one and don't get the same bugs doesn't mean you don't experience them either, it just means a bunch of people in the game don't know what you're talking about when you complain about the UI.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • Goregrinder
    Goregrinder
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'd love to PVP against PS and Xbone players. I support Crossplay!
  • Hapexamendios
    Hapexamendios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Cross play with consoles would be fine I think. Console and PC probably not so much.
  • ValkynSketha
    ValkynSketha
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I actually would like to transfer from pc to playstation with the ps5 version launching but it is so discouraging I have so much time and money spent on pc account and don't have enough time like before to do it all again I hope they will offer account transfer : (
  • Lumsdenml
    Lumsdenml
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Actually, I would prefer cross save rather than cross play. Keep the play on the same servers, but let me play on my PC, then when I want to just chill on the couch and do some farming, i can do it on the same account on my xbox.
    In game ID: @KnightOfTacoma
    Main: Black Knight of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50/CP 2160 Nightblade NA PC - Grand Master Crafter, adventurer and part time ganker. Rank 35 - Palatine Grade 1
    PVP Main:Knight of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Rank 29 - Brigadier Grade 1 - Ravenwatch veteran. Blood for the Pact!
    Guild: The Disenfranchised - ZZ!
    Obituary:
    RIP Priest of Tacoma - EP Lvl 22 Dragon Knight NA PC Kyne - Lost in the Garden of Shadows.
    RIP.Viscount of Tacoma - EP Lvl 18 Dragon Knight NA PC Kyne - Lost in the war.
    RIP. Squire of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Died of Knahaten Flu.
    RIP Reaper of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Died of Consumption.
    RIP Sovereign of Tacoma - EP Lvl 32 NightBlade NA PC Kyne - Lost at The Battle of Brindle, December 13, 2018.
    RIP Dauphin of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC Kyne - Overdosed on Skooma.
    RIP Wraith of Tacoma - EP Lvl 10 Dragon Knight NA PC - Eaten by a dragon.
    RIP Red Knight of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Died at the Battle of Chalmen, March 18th, 2021.
    RIP Maharajah of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Lost in a sandstorm.
    RIP Vampire Of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Sorcerer NA PC - Fell asleep in the sun. RIP
  • wrote
    wrote
    ✭✭
    just make a new account lol I'm on pc and have 3 different accounts its not a hard game to progress in and if its about your cosmetics/crowns there's alot of people trading crowns for gold on pc and its not against tos i don't think
  • Anonx31st
    Anonx31st
    ✭✭✭
    I don't mind if ZOS allows console players to transfer to PC. However, it's not hard to just start over on PC. I have accounts on PS4, Xbox, and PC.
  • brassmaster12
    brassmaster12
    ✭✭
    No crossplay between PC and Console. Console would be at a disadvantage due to the addons PC can use. Obvs due to consoles being controlled by sony/microsoft and addons would need a way to be managed etc. Besides addons it's literally the same game. I don't think it's like a "beta" version at all. I play both PC and Console. And I find the experiences near the same.
  • Ceejengine
    Ceejengine
    ✭✭✭
    I would love it as a PC player but man would be unfair for a console player. Just addons alone give me a huge edge.

Also if they did end up allowing cross-platform, PC NA needs a second server desperately. At peak times its impossible to do anything without waiting in line. Randoms, BGs, farming, grinding, chest hunting, cyrodiil, imp Sewers... PC NA is incredibly overcrowded as is today, adding console players would just make it that much worse for everyone.
  • AlnilamE
    AlnilamE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lumsdenml wrote: »
    Actually, I would prefer cross save rather than cross play. Keep the play on the same servers, but let me play on my PC, then when I want to just chill on the couch and do some farming, i can do it on the same account on my xbox.

How would this even work? Would all your information be saved on two different servers simultaneously? Can you imagine the lag?
    The Moot Councillor
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    jm42 wrote: »
    crossplay with all that addons?

OMG, Console does not have addons? Yea, that would not work.
  • FluffWit
    FluffWit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Remember what the PC players had to deal with when the Markath dlc dropped tc?
  • blkjag
    blkjag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Crosssplay no way. Transfer maybe
  • bmnoble
    bmnoble
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You made the decision to buy the console version no one forced you.

I did my research between buying the game on my PS4 or my PC, after looking into it I bought the game on PC mostly for the addons, have not regretted that.
  • ankeor
    ankeor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For free? They are not doing that even tho lots of people are willing to pay.
  • Dark_Lord_Kuro
    Dark_Lord_Kuro
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    FluffWit wrote: »
    Remember what the players had to deal with when the Markath dlc dropped tc?

Not just pc
  • Hallothiel
    Hallothiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    For all those posting the ‘tough, you bought the inferior option’ comments - they’re not helpful.

Not everyone can afford a gaming pc, & if you have a family with children, then a console becomes the ‘superior’ option.
  • Snowstrider
    Snowstrider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hallothiel wrote: »
    For all those posting the ‘tough, you bought the inferior option’ comments - they’re not helpful.

Not everyone can afford a gaming pc, & if you have a family with children, then a console becomes the ‘superior’ option.

And it is such a silly argument as if we are to blame and not ZOS which is a rich company who owe us the customers quality and value out of our money