The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Console players deserves crossplay with PC or a free account transfer

• Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hallothiel wrote: »
    For all those posting the ‘tough, you bought the inferior option’ comments - they’re not helpful.

Not everyone can afford a gaming pc, & if you have a family with children, then a console becomes the ‘superior’ option.

No offense but from what I am reading here crossplay would be a poor path for Zos to go since consoles would be on inferior ground since they do not have access to addons.
  • miteba
    miteba
    ✭✭✭✭
    Maybe you can ask for an account transfer from consoles to PC...
    They have made it on the past from PC to consoles, so if console feels like a "beta version" and with all these update barriers and whatevers, maybe they wil accept it
  • trackdemon5512
    trackdemon5512
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Because console players want to play against/share leaderboards with people running setups with macros, 120fps, and add-ons. Yeah this is an absolutely terrible and stupid idea. No crossplay is fine. The player populations on console are super healthy.
  • redlink1979
    redlink1979
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    "Sweet Mother, sweet Mother, send your child unto me, for the sins of the unworthy must be baptized in blood and fear"
    • Sons of the Night Mother [PS5][EU] 2165 CP
    • Daggerfall's Mightiest [PS5][NA] 1910 CP
    • SweetTrolls [PC][EU] 1950 CP
    • Bacon Rats [PC][NA] 1850 CP
  • Nord_Raseri
    Nord_Raseri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We can't even fully crossplay between the two servers on the same platform(NA and EU), what makes anyone think Zos would be able to implement crossplay between pc,ps4, and xbox?
    Veit ég aðég hékk vindga meiði á nætr allar níu, geiri undaðr og gefinn Oðni, sjálfr sjálfum mér, á þeim meiði er manngi veit hvers hann af rótum rennr.
  • poodlemasterb16_ESO
    poodlemasterb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No. The consoles are to blame for much of what the PC has to put up with. To cram this game into the meager resources the consoles have, has impacted our PC game to a very great extent.
  • brassmaster12
    brassmaster12
    ✭✭
    I'd LOVE account transfer. Unfortunately the chance of that happening are less that 1% If they can't even do PC server to server transfers then I highly doubt they could with console.

Only reason they could do PC to console back in 2015 was because Console servers were literally a blank slate :\
  • achoo420
    achoo420
    ✭✭✭
    I'd have to say no free transfers seems how us original PC players had to pay a one time fee in a very small time window just transfer to consoles the first time. Paid Transfers yes I'd like to see this as an option for people eventually. As far as cross platform goes it ain't gonna happen. They've already said this years back and stated their reasons why it couldn't be done.
  • EvilAutoTech
    EvilAutoTech
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No. The consoles are to blame for much of what the PC has to put up with. To cram this game into the meager resources the consoles have, has impacted our PC game to a very great extent.

You're placing blame on an inanimate object? The truth is that all blame is on ZOS. Saying the problems are the fault of the consoles is ridiculous. I could say that PC problems are all the fault of people who bought a game that was developed for console as well as PC, but that would be just as silly.
  • kargen27
    kargen27
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    miteba wrote: »
    Maybe you can ask for an account transfer from consoles to PC...
    They have made it on the past from PC to consoles, so if console feels like a "beta version" and with all these update barriers and whatevers, maybe they wil accept it

That was transferring to a server that wasn't yet populated.
    and then the parrot said, "must be the water mines green too."
  • FluffWit
    FluffWit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    FluffWit wrote: »
    Remember what the players had to deal with when the Markath dlc dropped tc?

Not just pc

It was just PC players who were falling through the map when that dlc released and literally couldn't play their toons until they sent in tickets and had Zeni manually reset the characters.

Yes, console has a few annoying bugs right now. But overall pc has to deal with at least as many problems.
  • PigofSteel
    PigofSteel
    ✭✭✭✭
    Not a good idea imo. EU servers are barely running for PC. Probably we would have more performance issues which is not good
  • watts320
    watts320
    ✭✭✭
    Xbox Series X and PS5 are meant to be advanced in console generation. So why cant console players have addons. I would very much like it.
  • Solid_Metal
    Solid_Metal
    ✭✭✭✭
    i really want ZoS to implement crossplay, but console player will have lot of disanvantages, especially with the existence of addon for PC

also i think theres problem with how sony handle crossplay, because of the profit sharing something like that, someone post it on forum i believe, its based on statement that EPIC CEO said...so crossplay might be wont happen anytime soon
    watts320 wrote: »
    Xbox Series X and PS5 are meant to be advanced in console generation. So why cant console players have addons. I would very much like it.

its depend on the console manufacturer themself, theres certain rules on how addon/mod work on console, for accessing data etc, not sure if ZoS already assess it, or just couldn't care less
    Edited by Solid_Metal on May 15, 2021 10:22AM
    "i will walk through the fog, as i welcome death"
  • AlnilamE
    AlnilamE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Again, I would like someone who wants "cross-play" or "cross-save" to explain to me how the technical aspects of this would work considering each of the 3 platforms has different 2 different servers.
    The Moot Councillor
  • Pauwer
    Pauwer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd love crossplay for eso. I don't think it will happen, but would like it 100%.

Also transfer of account between platforms would be nice to have. You would only need to null the character names, no? Sounds like a mission not impossible.
  • Celephantsylvius_Bornasfinmo
    Celephantsylvius_Bornasfinmo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    bmnoble wrote: »
    You made the decision to buy the console version no one forced you.

I did my research between buying the game on my PS4 or my PC, after looking into it I bought the game on PC mostly for the addons, have not regretted that.

*shakes head* This kind of negation doesn't really help op, but oh well.

I agree that something should be done for your guys, I read up a lot about your bugs and frustrations. I hope they will do a commercial gesture for the console community as you all seem to have put up with a lot of difficulties lately and you have all been very patient.

An account transfer would be the most desired action or at least some sort of pack for transferring players -> end of the day you still want to play and be part of the game, I get it.
  • Xebov
    Xebov
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wouldnt use the word deserve here. After all players had a free choice and ppl choose to play on consoles and the limitations of consoles where already well known at the time.

Crossplay would not work because consoles are always behind on patches and console companies are not keen to allow this. There is also some legal stuff to it because you are not only customers to ZOS, but also to your respective game console manufacturer.

Cross Save essentially has the same issue. You would additionally have to solve the issue who can buy and use what thing from what source since you would have access to the same content on several plattforms.

Transfer has the same issues. Since console companys earn there money with you they are not very likely to let you go.

This matter is not only a matter of programming something to make it work. It also effects contracts between companies. Thats not something that you can easily change. On top you have also 2 additional points: Are enought players effected to make it worth the efford and cost? Do you want console communities to bleed out when players start switiching? Especially the latter one is important because the number of players switiching with a new account is smaller than the number of players that would transfer.

Finally i would also suggest console players to start being honest. The thing is that the majority of players supporting this cause dont want to cross play or cross save, they want to migrate. So be honest and simply say that you want to migrate to PC to make your point very clear.
  • cptqrk
    cptqrk
    ✭✭✭
    Hallothiel wrote: »
    For all those posting the ‘tough, you bought the inferior option’ comments - they’re not helpful.

Not everyone can afford a gaming pc, & if you have a family with children, then a console becomes the ‘superior’ option.

Considering ESO can be played on a potato (well, a good double stuffed baked potato) you could get a PC for around the same price as the scalpers are asking for a PS5.. :)

Sorry, sorry.... couldn't help myself.. I'll show myself out now...
  • BejaProphet
    BejaProphet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    People keep using that word “deserve.” I do not think it means what they think it means.
  • fizl101
    fizl101
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    As someone who plays on console, I don't have a desperate urge to move to PC personally, my days of chasing PC builds are long gone. I actually enjoy ESO on the PS, I would just like some decent alpha and beta testing for easily detected bugs.
    Soupy twist
  • Vorpan
    Vorpan
    ✭✭✭
    I'd be happy if they just had it so chapters and dlc's you paid cash on were account wide. I'm fine with restarting my characters, but having to rebuy everything is ridiculous.
  • JKorr
    JKorr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

You're placing blame on an inanimate object? The truth is that all blame is on ZOS. Saying the problems are the fault of the consoles is ridiculous. I could say that PC problems are all the fault of people who bought a game that was developed for console as well as PC, but that would be just as silly.

Except that before Sony got involved ESO was pc only.
  • hafgood
    hafgood
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I play on console (ps4).

I don't want crossplay unless it's with xbox only, sorry pc players but you have addons and that means you are playing a different game to me.

I don't want to transfer to pc.

I am happy on console (except for the bugs but I acknowledge pc's have had their share of bugs as well) and am staying put. If ESO were to end on ps I would find a different game.
  • poodlemasterb16_ESO
    poodlemasterb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Not only this game, but many games have been nerfed so they will run on consoles. The console market is so large that no one can ignore it, so we poor PCMR people are stuck with sub optimal games, because of this fact.

Not your fault, but some of us love our gaming and have spent money to make that as good as we can. Because there is a cheaper option, we are held to a lower standard than we might have achieved.

As well consoles are a real step down. I have friends who play the same games I play on consoles and they are crippled compared to me.
  • Anonx31st
    Anonx31st
    ✭✭✭
    Just do what the majority of us have done and re-roll on a different platform.
  • Pauwer
    Pauwer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just want crossplay for personal reasons. Because we have ps and pc. And i want to play with my fella :) surely he'd play if crossplay was on. I have said i will buy us a second tv and a second ps on the condition that he'd have to eso with me on some nights. But no. But if it was available on pc, maybe i could twist his nipp... ahem arm.
  • Wolfpaw
    Wolfpaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If I went back to PC gaming this game wouldn't be an issue at all.
  • ThePianist
    ThePianist
    ✭✭✭
    I’ll stick with console. The only issues I have is that we should be able to fully customize buttons in the game menu, and not play around with custom settings in the console.

Believe me pc players wouldn’t want to cross play with console. One of the biggest advantages we have as console players is target assist, it’s built in the system. This is not a shooting game I know, but I wouldn’t be surprised if pc players will start to riot if it does become an issue in PVP. Just like how call of duty pc players have begged developers to take out cross play from console players because of the aim assist lol.

“ARE YOU HACKING!?” No just aim assist bro.
  • ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I once thought about going from PC to PS4, but then realized all the addons I'd be losing, and I realized there was NO WAY I could ever play this game without addons!! They are far FAR too valuable in playing this game and make the game so much more enjoyable.
    CP: 1965 ** ESO+ Gold Road ** ~~ Stamina Arcanist ~~ Magicka Warden ~~ Magicka Templar ~~ ***** Strictly a solo PvE quester *****