The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Blast Bones - I'm whining.

Jameson18
Jameson18
✭✭✭✭✭
Can we please make it so they are not targetable?

Pet sorcs are annoying enough when they body block with their pets. Necromancers or more than well enough equipped. They don't need to be able to use blast bones as a body blocker. Its annoying.

Yes, I have one. Two, in fact. No, it is not hard to do.
  • xylena_lazarow
    xylena_lazarow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Agree, better yet WTB option to disable/enable targeting player pets.
    PC/NA || CP/Cyro || RIP soft caps
  • Jman100582
    Jman100582
    ✭✭✭✭
    while we're at it can we finally get rid of the snare thats not even meant to be on the ability? thnx
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hrm. But you just can't quantify the value of LoS!!

Its almost like misdirecting attacks is the most valuable form of mitigation??

That's not nearly nerf value... /end sarcasm.

Yes LoS is very effective means of mitigation and was recognized by ZoS via the change to Maw of the Infernal.
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Ryuvain
    Ryuvain
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Engine guardian too.
    That one khajiit obsessed with werewolf behemoth and vampire lord. Lady Thorn is bae, dont @ me.
    Werewolf behemoth=vampire lord>blood scion>werewolf>vampire.
  • stefj68
    stefj68
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    well maybe in U50 they will think about it, they have a work schedule sets months/years in advance!
  • axi
    axi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    While we're at it can blastbones finally stop snaring enemies for no reason?
    Edited by axi on April 30, 2021 5:36AM
  • Lughlongarm
    Lughlongarm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can we also make it so it considered projectile?
  • Firstmep
    Firstmep
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Hrm. But you just can't quantify the value of LoS!!

Its almost like misdirecting attacks is the most valuable form of mitigation??

That's not nearly nerf value... /end sarcasm.

Yes LoS is very effective means of mitigation and was recognized by ZoS via the change to Maw of the Infernal.

Yes, I run engine guardian for sustain. /s
  • katorga
    katorga
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Jameson18 wrote: »
    Can we please make it so they are not targetable?

Pet sorcs are annoying enough when they body block with their pets. Necromancers or more than well enough equipped. They don't need to be able to use blast bones as a body blocker. Its annoying.

Yes, I have one. Two, in fact. No, it is not hard to do.

The fact that BB is a target means you can snare, root, CC, or kill a necro's main burst skill and completely avoid it.

Once it is un-targetable, you will always take that hit. I bet this change would make BB even stronger.
    Edited by katorga on April 30, 2021 7:28PM
  • divnyi
    divnyi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    katorga wrote: »
    snare, root, CC, or kill a necro's main burst skill and completely avoid it.

Snare and root only delays the burst. To kill it, you need to unload more burst than blastbones would do to you.
  • katorga
    katorga
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    divnyi wrote: »
    snare, root, CC, or kill a necro's main burst skill and completely avoid it.

Snare and root only delays the burst. To kill it, you need to unload more burst than blastbones would do to you.

Fact remains it is the only burst skill in the game with those additional counters.
  • master_vanargand
    master_vanargand
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All pets should be no target.
    Using pets as LoS is a bad game design.
  • NeillMcAttack
    NeillMcAttack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have you tried tab targeting your enemy, I believe you can do this on controller also and it isn’t very difficult.
    PC EU - NoCP PvP, is real PvP
    Tiidehunter Nord StamDK EP PvP Main
    Legion Commander Tresdin Stamplar DC PvE Main
    Sephirith Altmer MagPlar EP Gondar the Bounty Hunter Khajiit StamBlade DC
    The Dirge Redguard StamNecro EP Disruptor Stormcrafter Nord StamSorc AD
    Lone Druid Bosmer Stam Warden EP Necro-Phos Argonian MagBlade AD
    @ McAttack in game
    Played since beta, and then on console at release, until the game became unplayable on console.
  • xylena_lazarow
    xylena_lazarow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Have you tried tab targeting your enemy
    Yeah, doesn't help in PvP, still a coin flip chance whether your attacks hit the tabbed player or their pets. I've also had times as PvE tank where I tab an add for a chain pull but the chain still flies out the side of my body to the boss.
  • divnyi
    divnyi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fact remains it is the only burst skill in the game with those additional counters.

Fact remains that those are not counters. You would be better to hit stuns or snares or damage to the necro himself, it would stop burst even better.
  • divnyi
    divnyi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, doesn't help in PvP, still a coin flip chance whether your attacks hit the tabbed player or their pets. I've also had times as PvE tank where I tab an add for a chain pull but the chain still flies out the side of my body to the boss.

Targeting actually works. I do it all the time at snipeblade. You still need to aim right at that opponent for targeting to work, it will prioritize marked enemy if several enemies overlap. But problem is, you can't reliably fast select the needed target, as in blastbones situation.
  • TBois
    TBois
    ✭✭✭✭✭

They need to have an option to enable/disable pet targeting as mentioned earlier or bring back how tab target used to work when it actually worked like most people expect.
    Current Guilds: Fantasia
    Former Guilds: Decibel, Hagnado, Lemon Party

PC/NA
    T-Bois (Stam Sorc since 1.4) - AD
    An Unsettling Snowball (Templar) - AD
    Bosquecito (Stam Sorc) - DC
    Peti-T-Bois (Stamden) - AD

Youtube
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TBois wrote: »

They need to have an option to enable/disable pet targeting as mentioned earlier or bring back how tab target used to work when it actually worked like most people expect.

If it worked like you think it would
    ... Omg that would make vateshran like..... Fun
    Edited by Waffennacht on May 1, 2021 6:49PM
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • divnyi
    divnyi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Waffennacht what do you mean?
  • Canned_Apples
    Canned_Apples
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Friendly players can body block you from casting it too. :(
  • master_vanargand
    master_vanargand
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have you tried tab targeting your enemy, I believe you can do this on controller also and it isn’t very difficult.

Targeting actually works. I do it all the time at snipeblade. You still need to aim right at that opponent for targeting to work, it will prioritize marked enemy if several enemies overlap. But problem is, you can't reliably fast select the needed target, as in blastbones situation.

Tab targeting doesn't make sense.
    It doesn't help fighting players who use pets.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Waffennacht what do you mean?

Where your attacks went to the highlighted target reliably. Then ill you would need rondo is tab target the shade for an ez clear is all
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • xylena_lazarow
    xylena_lazarow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It was a while ago but testing in some duels vs my friend on a Warden with bear pet, tab targeted him, crosshairs glued to him, about 1/5 attacks hit the bear anyway. Random chance for 20% of your opponent's attacks to miss, sounds suspiciously familiar to a buff that used to be in the game but got reworked to something less idiotic...