The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Companion vs. Dolman

Cabot
Cabot
✭✭✭
I took my companion and fought a dolman, and she did well, other than dying a couple times.

Well, one of the times she there dead, I noticed, she was still gaining experience.

Not sure if that is a bug or a perk!?!
  • remosito
    remosito
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think is same for us players when you die during a group encounter... so my vote goes to perk..
    Edited by remosito on April 29, 2021 10:37AM
    ShutYerTrap (selectively mute NPC dialogues (stuga, companions); displayleads (antiquity leads location); UndauntedPledgeQueuer (small daily undaunted dungeon queuer window)
  • perfiction
    perfiction
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When you're dead while being in group and other group members are killing mobs you still get the experience. I think it works the same way for companions.
  • jwellsub17_ESO2
    jwellsub17_ESO2
    ✭✭✭
    Greetings,
    Cabot wrote: »
    Well, one of the times she there dead, I noticed, she was still gaining experience.
    As others have stated this is normal when you are grouped, and in range, and considering that companions appear to be using the grouping mechanics it would make sense for them to get XP while taking a dirt nap.

Of course that provides an interesting possibility for XP farming for your companions...

• cyberjanet
    cyberjanet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did closing the anchor pinions heal your companions at all? It did not do that while I was playing.
    Favourite NPC: Wine-For-All
    Mostly PC-EU , with a lonely little guy on NA.
  • stefj68
    stefj68
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    tought dirt nap on dolmen was a feature, i closed 9 and on all 9 he was dead

setup bastian as a tank (never block and stand in all aoe's)

• fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Let me know once you take her to the Unfinished Dolmen B).
    PC EU (EP): Magicka NB (main), Stamina NB, Stamina DK, Stamina Sorcerer, Magicka Warden, Magicka Templar, Stamina Templar
    PC NA (EP): Magicka NB