The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

What is the Worst Healing Class 2021

Starlight_Whisper
Starlight_Whisper
✭✭✭✭✭

What is the Worst Healing Class 2021 173 votes

Sorcerer
9% 16 votes
Dragon Knight
71% 123 votes
Templar
2% 4 votes
Necromancer
0% 1 vote
Nightblade
16% 29 votes
Warden
0% 0 votes
  • YandereGirlfriend
    YandereGirlfriend
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    DK by miles and miles.
    Options
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I play a DK healer..... so.... yeah, I know how bad it is lol. We got a couple neat tools, but ultimately they're simply outclassed by everything else. The vast majority of my abilities are weapon or guild abilities, and maybe 1 or 2 DK ones (Cauterize, Obsidian Shard, or the group wide Molten Armaments ability.) In situations where the healer has to survive one shot mechanics I'll maybe slot Magma Armor.
    PC NA - Ceyanna Ashton - Breton Vampire MagDK
    Options
  • DocFrost72
    DocFrost72
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Someone voted nightblade? Really? Huh.

Of them, I'd say either DK or sorc. They have tools that work wonky to me. A burst heal that requires an enemy to target (dk), and a burst heal that can die (sorc).

Options
  • the1andonlyskwex
    the1andonlyskwex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DK certainly needs help, but I voted Nightblade because its burst heal can't heal itself, and there isn't really a good alternative in any of the shared skill lines. At least DKs can fill in the gaps in their kit using restoration staff skills.

(I realize that some people love Healthy Offering for its size and minor mending, but in my experience it just tends to get me killed because I can't burst heal myself if I'm the one that takes a big hit.)
    Edited by the1andonlyskwex on April 22, 2021 10:45PM
    Options
  • YandereGirlfriend
    YandereGirlfriend
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    DocFrost72 wrote: »

Of them, I'd say either DK or sorc. They have tools that work wonky to me. A burst heal that requires an enemy to target (dk), and a burst heal that can die (sorc).

I agree with you ranking Sorcerer as the second-worst.

IMO, Power Surge in particular needs some adjustment.

It's conditioned on a Critical Heal, has a minimum cooldown of 3 seconds, and it only heals 6 targets. It seems meant to be the class DoT HoT but, similarly to DK's Cauterize, the overly long cooldown really hinders its usefulness.

Yes, it will show up as a significant source of healing on a log but it's almost always passive (and wasted) overhealing. When your team is actually taking damage it is of next to no use since it is literally doing nothing during 2/3 of your overall GCDs, and, when it does heal, it only works on half of the raid. Under ideal circumstances, you can only heal a given team member with this ability once every 6 GCDs which is ridiculous.

Lower the cooldown to 1 second and lower the amount that's healed to balance it out. You can do the same amount of raw healing but it will be FAR more useful as an actual HoT.
    Options
  • YoWombat
    YoWombat
    ✭✭✭
    Lower the cooldown to 1 second and lower the amount that's healed to balance it out. You can do the same amount of raw healing but it will be FAR more useful as an actual HoT.
    I main a sorc healer, and even with those changes I'm still not sure I would take it. Considering how good Critical Surge is, and how necessary for when I'm not in heal spec, Power Surge would need to do something pretty special to make me switch back to it.
    Options
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I enjoy sorcerer healing because I like the crutch of the pet heal.

But yeah -- Power Surge isn't in the mix.
    Options
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You could have broken this into only two options:
    1) Dragonknight
    2) Any other class

And DK would “win” by a huge margin.
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    Options
  • Froil
    Froil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've played healers of every class and DKs really need help.
    Their healing output is fine, but all their class skills are extremely expensive, though that's a DK problem across the board.
    They don't bring anything unique that tanks (the most common tanking class) don't already have.
    "Best" healer PC/NA
    Options
  • Starlight_Whisper
    Starlight_Whisper
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I agree with you ranking Sorcerer as the second-worst.

IMO, Power Surge in particular needs some adjustment.

It's conditioned on a Critical Heal, has a minimum cooldown of 3 seconds, and it only heals 6 targets. It seems meant to be the class DoT HoT but, similarly to DK's Cauterize, the overly long cooldown really hinders its usefulness.

Yes, it will show up as a significant source of healing on a log but it's almost always passive (and wasted) overhealing. When your team is actually taking damage it is of next to no use since it is literally doing nothing during 2/3 of your overall GCDs, and, when it does heal, it only works on half of the raid. Under ideal circumstances, you can only heal a given team member with this ability once every 6 GCDs which is ridiculous.

🤣 They recommend power surge on sorc tank. 10 percent chance of 3k every 3 secs.
    Options
  • Starlight_Whisper
    Starlight_Whisper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Froil wrote: »
    Their healing output is fine, but all their class skills are extremely expensive, though that's a DK problem across the board.
    They don't bring anything unique that tanks (the most common tanking class) don't already have.

What about group shields?
    Options
  • the1andonlyskwex
    the1andonlyskwex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Froil wrote: »

What about group shields?

They scale off max health, so a DK tank's version is way bigger. In fact, if you have a DK tank, a healer using Fragmented Shield is actually counterproductive because their tiny shield can overwrite the tank's larger (but still not huge) shield.
    Options
  • Hotdog_23
    Hotdog_23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    My idea to help DK’s and healing.

Current tool tips from https://eso-skillbook.com/
    Obsidian Shard
    Cast Time: Instant
    Target: Enemy
    Range: Maximum range: 28 meters, Radius: 28 meters
    Cost: 4050 Magicka
    Skill description
    Slam an enemy with molten rock, dealing 448 Flame Damage and causing the rock to explode, splashing magma around. You then pull back on the magma to heal yourself or up to 2 allies near the enemy for 3240 Health.
    New effect
    Converts to a Magicka ability that now heals you or two allies after dealing damage. Deals significantly less damage but no longer requires charges to cast.

My idea,
    Get rid of the target requirement. Make it a rock you can throw on the ground at your feet that shatters and heals. Adjust the cost to account for no damage.

Igneous Shield
    Target: Self
    Skill description
    Call the earth to your defense, granting a damage shield for nearby allies that absorbs 1365 damage. Your own damage shield absorbs 3414 damage. This portion of the ability scales off your Maximum Health. You also gain Major Mending, increasing your Healing Done by 16% for 2.5 seconds.
    New effect
    Increased shield strength on self.

Fragmented Shield
    Target: Area
    Range: Radius: 12 meters
    Skill description
    Call the earth to your defense, creating a damage shield for you and nearby allies that absorbs 1365 damage. This portion of the ability scales off your Maximum Health. You also gain Major Mending, increasing your Healing Done by 16% for 5 seconds.
    New effect
    Increases duration of Major Mending.

My idea,
    Change Igneous Shield to self only but increase the shield size and make it health based to keep this as a tank option. Keep Fragmented Shield as is but also double its strength for the group. As it stands now it’s just to weak for a healer to use and not viable if you have a DK tank.

It would also be nice if it they purged one negative effect each time either morph was used. Both Igneous Shield to purge for self and Fragmented Shield to purge one effect on everyone that gets the shield.

Finally, just increase the size of Cinder Storm to 10m radius already. 5m is just too small.

Current tooltip:
    Cinder Storm
    Target: Ground
    Range: Maximum range: 22 meters, Radius: 5 meters
    Cost: 5670 Magicka
    Skill description
    Summon a scorching cloud of ash at the target location, reducing enemy Movement Speed by 70% and healing you and your allies for 611 every 1 second.
    New effect
    Heals for more.

None of these changes will rocket them to first place for healing by no means but at least give them a little flavor and somewhat more viability.

Side note as I finish writing this this, I think you would need to adjust the cinder storm morph visual also. When I see a cloud of dirt I don’t think of healing and it can easily get lost in all the other effects on the ground.

Stay safe and enjoy the journey 😊

PS. ZOS stop the micromanagement of the green tree 🥺
    Options
  • Athan1
    Athan1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just to throw off the poll
    Athan Atticus Imperial Templar of Shezarr
    Options
  • Zodiarkslayer
    Zodiarkslayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Who voted Templar? 🤦‍♂️
    🤣🤣🤣
    read, think and write.In that order.
    Options
  • Bodycounter
    Bodycounter
    ✭✭✭✭
    • Dragonkight has the worst access to Major Mending
    • Dragonknight has zero passives for healing
    • Dragonknight only has three heals, all are meh at best
    • Dragonknight have no unique buff/support for healers specifically
    • Dragonknight has horrible healer ultimates

Yeah, Dragonknight as a healer sucks and is by far the worst healer in the game. The Dragonknight in general is at a point where you need one tank and that's it. A good Dragonknight tank brings all the utility of the whole class.

Edited by Bodycounter on April 23, 2021 8:23AM
    Options
  • divnyi
    divnyi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anyone voting sorc havent seen fully-stacked sorc healers in PvP. It's the only class whose burst heal heals 2 ppl without any aiming required. You have double shields so you don't even need to go heavy armor, you can sit behind 20k shields all the time. And when opponents prioritize you you make zap-zap and they have to adapt to your repositioning.
    Options
  • the1andonlyskwex
    the1andonlyskwex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hotdog_23 wrote: »

Obsidian Shard
    Skill description
    Slam an enemy with molten rock, dealing 448 Flame Damage and causing the rock to explode, splashing magma around. You then pull back on the magma to heal yourself or up to 2 allies near the enemy for 3240 Health.
    New effect
    Converts to a Magicka ability that now heals you or two allies after dealing damage. Deals significantly less damage but no longer requires charges to cast.

My idea,
    Get rid of the target requirement. Make it a rock you can throw on the ground at your feet that shatters and heals. Adjust the cost to account for no damage.

Igneous Shield
    Skill description
    Call the earth to your defense, granting a damage shield for nearby allies that absorbs 1365 damage. Your own damage shield absorbs 3414 damage. This portion of the ability scales off your Maximum Health. You also gain Major Mending, increasing your Healing Done by 16% for 2.5 seconds.
    New effect

Fragmented Shield
    Skill description
    Call the earth to your defense, creating a damage shield for you and nearby allies that absorbs 1365 damage. This portion of the ability scales off your Maximum Health. You also gain Major Mending, increasing your Healing Done by 16% for 5 seconds.
    New effect

My idea,
    Change Igneous Shield to self only but increase the shield size and make it health based to keep this as a tank option. Keep Fragmented Shield as is but also double its strength for the group. As it stands now it’s just to weak for a healer to use and not viable if you have a DK tank.

It would also be nice if it they purged one negative effect each time either morph was used. Both Igneous Shield to purge for self and Fragmented Shield to purge one effect on everyone that gets the shield.

Finally, just increase the size of Cinder Storm to 10m radius already. 5m is just too small.

Current tooltip:
    Cinder Storm
    Skill description
    Summon a scorching cloud of ash at the target location, reducing enemy Movement Speed by 70% and healing you and your allies for 611 every 1 second.
    New effect
    Heals for more.

None of these changes will rocket them to first place for healing by no means but at least give them a little flavor and somewhat more viability.

Side note as I finish writing this this, I think you would need to adjust the cinder storm morph visual also. When I see a cloud of dirt I don’t think of healing and it can easily get lost in all the other effects on the ground.

Personally, I think Obsidian Shard is fine. Classes having unique mechanics/quirks is good, and I actually like the fact that DK's burst heal has a huge effective range (up to 56m) and can proc burning/combustion.

As for the other skills:
    1) Fragmented Shield should scale off max magicka and/or spell damage.
    2) I agree that Cinder Storm needs a larger radius and a new animation, but even more importantly its 70% snare should be replaced with some sort of buff for friendlies. This would give DKs the group utility that they badly need. Personally, I would choose minor courage, but it doesn't really matter what the buff is as long as it's an offensive buff that isn't trivially sourced elsewhere.
    3) I think Cauterize is mostly okay as-is. It works reasonably well as a mini burst heal for when you don't have a target for Obsidian Shard (or when you're on your other skillbar), and the passive effect and HoT are pretty much just bonuses on top of that. That said, I wouldn't be opposed to ZOS tweaking the number of targets or tick rate of the 2nd and later pulses.
    4) DK passives and sustain might be a bigger problem than the actives. ZOS promised a major game-wide passive rebalance back around u21 that still hasn't happened, and DK is evidence that it's still desperately needed (3 years later).
    Edited by the1andonlyskwex on April 23, 2021 10:41AM
    Options
  • BXR_Lonestar
    BXR_Lonestar
    ✭✭✭✭✭

If you think that is bad, someone actually voted templar :/
    Options
  • Starlight_Whisper
    Starlight_Whisper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    YoWombat wrote: »
    I main a sorc healer, and even with those changes I'm still not sure I would take it. Considering how good Critical Surge is, and how necessary for when I'm not in heal spec, Power Surge would need to do something pretty special to make me switch back to it.

I main sorc healer too. @Yankee doesn't realize it's not balanced. So my springs is 2.2 something every second k, now power surge is 2.7 every 3 secs. Power surge is far from balance. One of our heal is half of what resto staff.

Still while dk has more healing skills...and even mending on us there skills are horrible in range and targeting.
    Options
  • Starlight_Whisper
    Starlight_Whisper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    divnyi wrote: »
    Anyone voting sorc havent seen fully-stacked sorc healers in PvP. It's the only class whose burst heal heals 2 ppl without any aiming required. You have double shields so you don't even need to go heavy armor, you can sit behind 20k shields all the time. And when opponents prioritize you you make zap-zap and they have to adapt to your repositioning.

Different story in pve
    Options
  • Hotdog_23
    Hotdog_23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hotdog_23 wrote: »

Obsidian Shard
    Skill description
    New effect

My idea,

Igneous Shield
    Skill description
    New effect

Fragmented Shield
    Skill description
    New effect

My idea,

Current tooltip:
    Cinder Storm
    Skill description
    New effect
    Heals for more.

Personally, I think Obsidian Shard is fine. Classes having unique mechanics/quirks is good, and I actually like the fact that DK's burst heal has a huge effective range (up to 56m) and can proc burning/combustion.

As for the other skills:
    1) Fragmented Shield should scale off max magicka and/or spell damage.
    2) I agree that Cinder Storm needs a larger radius and a new animation, but even more importantly its 70% snare should be replaced with some sort of buff for friendlies. This would give DKs the group utility that they badly need. Personally, I would choose minor courage, but it doesn't really matter what the buff is as long as it's an offensive buff that isn't trivially sourced elsewhere.
    3) I think Cauterize is mostly okay as-is. It works reasonably well as a mini burst heal for when you don't have a target for Obsidian Shard (or when you're on your other skillbar), and the passive effect and HoT are pretty much just bonuses on top of that. That said, I wouldn't be opposed to ZOS tweaking the number of targets or tick rate of the 2nd and later pulses.
    4) DK passives and sustain might be a bigger problem than the actives. ZOS promised a major game-wide passive rebalance back around u21 that still hasn't happened, and DK is evidence that it's still desperately needed (3 years later).

1. The reason I want to get rid of the target requirement is for times when a Mini boss is in execute phase in dungeon I may not stop to heal in the final second or two but take a chance and help finish off the boss. A nice large heal would be nice without the target. Sure, you can use Cauterize but it not on par with other large burst heals. I am fine with the small travel time to the target but not the double travel time.
    2. Anything to make Fragmented Shield better. They over nerfed in back in the day. IT was needed but not the extend it received.
    3. The only reason I did not touch the snare on Cinder Storm is it does have it’s uses in PVP and PVE to an extent.
    4. Yes our passives are out of date and need updated but I can’t ask for the cake and eat it too :D

Options
  • Sangwyne
    Sangwyne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Juuuuuust gonna leave this right here.
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/563487/pve-what-class-got-the-worst-sustain/p1
    So DK has more votes for the worst healing in the game, and more votes for the worst sustain in the game, than every other class combined. Hmmm. Now ask yourself which class deals the least damage in the game, and which DPS you see the least in trials and at the top of leaderboards. Spoiler alert. Stam DK.

Now that Templar's been buffed and has two %HP heals scaling off Max Health, DK is now also the only class in the game without a %Max HP heal, as GDB scales off %missing health instead for some reason. It's the only heal in the game to do so. DK relies more on HP regen than every other class (with passives like 5% increased health regen, wooo), and that's now been cut in half by Battle Spirit. We just need one final nerf to really seal the deal, and then we can truly be the absolute worst class in the game, in literally every role.

We're almost there.
    Options
  • LightYagami
    LightYagami
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LMAO why someone voted Templar as the worse healing class? Are we playing the same game? :D
    No improvement on Cyrodill servers -> no ESO plus renewal.
    Options
  • ksbrugh
    ksbrugh
    ✭✭✭✭
    Group heal DK. self heal nightblade
    Options
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    divnyi wrote: »

Different story in pve

In what kind of PvE content do you need the best healer?

This thread has no differentiation for content types which is a problem. The Sorcerer pet heal is incredibly strong in PvE and PvP. Every class can heal in 99% of the PvE content and be successful etc.

Are we talking about veteran dungeons and hard mode raids? Then it might make a huge difference. Are we talking about base trials? Even Dragon Knights can sufficiently heal them.

So this poll is pretty much useless as it's not separated into PvE / PvP etc.
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
    Options
  • TwinLamps
    TwinLamps
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not even a contest
    DK
    Awake, but at what cost
    Options
  • Ippokrates
    Ippokrates
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LMAO why someone voted Templar as the worse healing class? Are we playing the same game? :D

I don't know why, but on other forums I have seen many mastah-supah-meta-players claiming that Templar is the worst healer! XD

Well, I am playing from September and according to all statistics I was tracing since then Templar have one of the best burst healings in the game (next to necro without corpses) and with with excelent passives (like boosts to heal, res & minor sorcery), so maybe few patches ago situation looks different and their evolution stop at that point. Or maybe they are just Draxes... ^^
    Edited by Ippokrates on April 25, 2021 5:21PM
    Options
  • Athan1
    Athan1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Who voted Templar? 🤦‍♂️
    🤣🤣🤣
    Me, just to throw off the poll B)
    Athan Atticus Imperial Templar of Shezarr
    Options
  • phantasmalD
    phantasmalD
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    • Dragonkight has the worst access to Major Mending

Compared to who? Only two classes have native buffs for Major Mending, so just by virtue of having it in the first place, DK has better access than 2/3 of the roster.
    That being said, it is attached to a borderline unusable skill and is rarely ever useful to have.
    Options