The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Blackwood PTS housing megathread: houses, furniture (now with images!), companions, etc (updated)

• B0SSzombie
    B0SSzombie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alurria wrote: »
    B0SSzombie wrote: »
    bluebird wrote: »

Achievement Furniture vendor:
    sq5dkni9kfeq.png
    Entwined Snakes, Crystal Holder
    Xi-Tisi Stone Idol
    Deadlands Tormentor, Chained
    Seal of the Ambitious
    Inert Oblivion Gate
    Banner of Leyawiin
    Banner, Tattered Mehrunes Dagon
    Deadlands Chandelier, Caged
    Deadlands Podium of Ruination
    Deadlands Pillar, Tall Inscribed

And now the question is: Which of those lovely items is locked behind a Veteran Trial achievement? That seems to be the new trend...

I hope not, I don't want to do vet anything in this game. Unless it's with my guild. I am a casual player I don't want ESO to become a full time job. I'm older and don't have the reflexes that someone 40 years younger than me has. Yes I'm that old. Housing is my refuge, questing and occasional trials, dungeons etc with my guild. I belong to a fishing guild I have for years we run around and fish together. I hope they don't keep locking furnishings behind vet content. 😔

Found out which one it is!

Inert Oblivion Gate: Rockgrove Vanquisher (Defeat all Bosses in the Rockgrove Trial on Veteran Hardmode).

Oh well. It's a neat decoration, but no love lost for me. It seems they're dead-set on Veteran Trial Furnshings going forward.
  • anadandy
    anadandy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Whatever the lights are on the second floor of Water's Edge are - more of these please! The whole room was lit up just perfectly - not too harsh, good room coverage. 100% on those.
  • OreoPies
    OreoPies
    Soul Shriven
    I love it all but feel it could have been so much better, it was a little bit of a letdown since they kind of made a lot of the furnishing in the new zone repetitive by copying preexisting furniture and restyling it. It also seems that yet again, they chose red. There's an abundance of red, this would have been a great opportunity for introducing a soft blue or purples or a mix of bold colors that helps ties the look in together through design and detailing. It's like the most creativity and unique additions is in the food items.

I seriously hope they improve some of the designs and change the color scheme. The tapestries, stained glass windows, banners, and all makes it quite compatible with a nice medium light shade of blue instead of the red-orange they've chosen for seating and other objects.
  • bluebird
    bluebird
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Alurria wrote: »

Achievement Furniture vendor:
    sq5dkni9kfeq.png
    Entwined Snakes, Crystal Holder
    Xi-Tisi Stone Idol
    Deadlands Tormentor, Chained
    Seal of the Ambitious
    Inert Oblivion Gate
    Banner of Leyawiin
    Banner, Tattered Mehrunes Dagon
    Deadlands Chandelier, Caged
    Deadlands Podium of Ruination
    Deadlands Pillar, Tall Inscribed

And now the question is: Which of those lovely items is locked behind a Veteran Trial achievement? That seems to be the new trend...

I hope not, I don't want to do vet anything in this game. Unless it's with my guild. I am a casual player I don't want ESO to become a full time job. I'm older and don't have the reflexes that someone 40 years younger than me has. Yes I'm that old. Housing is my refuge, questing and occasional trials, dungeons etc with my guild. I belong to a fishing guild I have for years we run around and fish together. I hope they don't keep locking furnishings behind vet content. 😔

Found out which one it is!

Inert Oblivion Gate: Rockgrove Vanquisher (Defeat all Bosses in the Rockgrove Trial on Veteran Hardmode).

Oh well. It's a neat decoration, but no love lost for me. It seems they're dead-set on Veteran Trial Furnshings going forward.
    Yeah, the Oblivion Gate is a vHM trial achi furnishing... The Mehrunes Banner is a normal trial complete achi furnishing. And yeah, I'm also sick and tired of locking furniture behind every game mode and game difficulty from Antiquities lead grinding, from IC and BG RNG drops, to making it harder to buy voucher furniture recipes by bundling them, and from veteran trials...

Housing players are regularly forced into every kind of gameplay imaginable, just so they can get items for their totally inconsequential pacifist solo decoration gameplay... and yet Housing fans get nothing for all the time and effort and money they invest into Housing. No item sets from housing, no pve or pvp bonuses, no extra crafting materials... SWTOR and GW2 have made it so that player housing has something to show for it at least. Meanwhile ESO locks housing rewards behind all kinds of gameplay, but has no kinds of rewards locked behind housing gameplay.

That said, I'm glad the achi furniture are on the lame side, lol, I won't have to bother with them. The collectible Zenithar door is probably the most exciting thing there. :smile:
  • Kesstryl
    Kesstryl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Watersedge has a possibility of having a separate house for your companion if you want to RP a platonic friendship and not have him or her living in your own space.
    HEARTHLIGHT - A guild for housing enthusiasts! Contact @Kesstryl in-game to join.
  • TheImperfect
    TheImperfect
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In love with the new houses. The Inn room is sweet with lots of potential. Waters Edge is magnificent and I love the balcony with flowers and views and the elegant interiors.
    The Pantherfang is amazing too, having your own cathedral and castle in one is epic, nice waterfalls and view.
  • bluebird
    bluebird
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Here are the furniture!!! Woohoo :smiley:

Courtyard (5), Structures (1), Workshop (1)
    a103drdedz3i.png

Conservatory (6)
    ls0zf14xaxvo.png

Tapestries (5) and Carpets (8)
    fhedu5nejkcb.png

New Paintings!!! (10) :heart:
    a7oglrw58csu.png

Hearth: 4 Laundry, 3 Baskets, 5 Cabinetry, 7 Pottery
    lpe1l6wehcfp.png

Hearth: Produce, Meals, Dishes and Drinkware
    ttaka0llq9qz.png

Dining: 7 Tables, 3 Counters, 3 Chairs, 4 Benches
    9an8xhtlo3ml.png

Library: 7 Shelves, 1 Desk
    ez48baika3of.png

Suite: 3 Beds, 3 Trunks, 2 Dividers, 2 Nightstands, 1 Wardrobe
    xfvnujp7pfp9.png

Miscellaneous: 4 Mirrors, 2 Jewelry Boxes, 2 Incense
    eup51bf3huz5.png

Lighting: 3 Chandeliers, 2 Streetlights, 2 Sconces, 1 Firepit, 5 Braziers, 3 Candles, 1 Lantern
    ldda4dv55l9e.png

Deadlands set (10): 4 Braziers, 2 Tables, 1 Chair, 1 Shelf, 1 Dresser, 1 Vase
    qkec83ke5b57.png

Some notes:
    - No Structural furniture (I'd imagine we'll get some in the Q3 patch
    - No curvy Streetlight :disappointed: (Perhaps we'll get that one as a Master Writ recipe in the Q3 patch)
    - Surprising lack of Statues and Sacred furniture (would have expected more from Imperials, but I guess we have the datamined Crown Furnishing pack with Zenithar).
    - The Deadlands set is quite incomplete, and will probably get the datamined Chandelier, Sconce and Cage from Crown Crates.

So, what do you think? :smile: What are your favourites? Any disappointments?
    I think the Paintings and the new Dishes are totally awesome! :star:
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @bluebird Thank you so much for sharing these images! :smiley: I must agree that ZOS has really outdone themselves with the prepared food items! :yum: I’m glad that they continue to give us a variety of bookshelves and another large one is welcome. I see a number of additional lovely furnishings, including a painting of Ayleid ruins and flower boxes! :love:
  • RemanCyrodiil_I
    RemanCyrodiil_I
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm unsure why the Leyawiin cookware is MIA. The Solitude cookware released in Q2 with Greymoor.

Someone's made off with the pots and pans (and it was probably the Argonians)

em2ifiv.png
    0hbiHtC.png
    3j2mWQd.png
    C1Jj1IV.png
    C9UhS2k.png

I'll ask on the PTS forum so that the Ivory Brigade can be despatched to hunt for them. ^^
  • NotaDaedraWorshipper
    NotaDaedraWorshipper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Library: 7 Shelves, 1 Desk
    ez48baika3of.png

What is it with ZoS and all the horribly placed books in bookshelves?!

Very spare, most are lying down, and also got their spines inwards!
    Edited by NotaDaedraWorshipper on April 27, 2021 3:31PM
    [Lie] Of course! I don't even worship Daedra!
  • Vehlir
    Vehlir
    ✭✭✭✭

Tapestries (5) and Carpets (8)
    fhedu5nejkcb.png

Suite: 3 Beds, 3 Trunks, 2 Dividers, 2 Nightstands, 1 Wardrobe
    xfvnujp7pfp9.png

Loving the colors on the new tapestries, especially those striking greens! Could really brighten up a room or hallway!

First thing I thought of on that 3rd Bed on the right is with those elongated bedposts, would be super easy to make bunkbeds with two of them :D
  • seecodenotgames
    seecodenotgames
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was slightly disappointed in the lack of beds. The largest bed looked too small to be a double. Usually they add a few more varieties, or a canopy bed.
    Houses on PC EU (newest first)
    • 62. Sand Castles (Fogbreak Lighthouse) - A literal life size sand castle
    • 61. Riften Meadery (Old Mistveil Manor) - A new meadery has opened outside Riften
    • 60. Helene's Writing Room (Golden Gryphon Garret) - A small room for Helene to get some quiet writing time
    • 59. Picnic at Pelin (Black Vine Villa) - Based on the lore book Picnic at Pelin (A Horror Story)
    • 58. Almalexias Temple (Forsaken Stronghold) - A Dunmer Tower with a shrine to the three
    • 57. Pirate New Life For Me (Highhallow Hold) - A pirate tavern where they gift you loot
    • 56. Woodvine Cathedral (Agony's Ascent) - A living cathedral thriving in the Deadlands
    • 55. Dark Elf Town House (Quondam Indorilia) - A small and cosy town house on the edge of Mournhold
    • 54. The Secret Tower (Exorcised Coven Cottage) - A hidden mage tower in the swamps on the Hag Fen
    • 53. Knight Club (Frostvault Chasm) - A disco in a dwarven mineshaft
    • 52. Dwemer Cave City (The Erstwhile Sanctuary) - A lost dwarven city has been found deep underground
    • 51. Alinor Gryphon Aerie (Colossal Aldmeri Grotto) - A place where gryphons are trained
    • 50. The Charred Towers (Doomchar Plateau) - Deadlands themed fortress with two towers and custom furniture
    • 49. Argonian Sea Town (Tel Galen) - An Argonian sea port
    • 48. Daedric Princess Tower (Seaveil Spire) - An underwater tower dedicated to the Daedric Prince Meridia
    • 47. Fargrave Observatory (Ossa Accentium) - An observatory in the portal realm of Fargrave
    • 46. Hundings Beach House (Hundings Palatial Hall) - Beach house and hottub
    • 45. Crystal Gardens (Snugpod) - Enchanted Gardens with crystalline trees
    • 44. Dawnlight Health Spa (Princely Dawnlight Palace) - Our spa waters are revitalising and ready to heal your aching body
    • 43. Mountainside Retreat (Pariah's Pinnacle) - An orc mountainside hall with an amazing view
    • 42. Volcanic Vile Villa (Kushalit Sanctuary) - A private hollowed out volcano for all your mad alchemist needs
    • 41. Arenthian Water Temple (Strident Springs Demesne) - A relaxing water temple outside Arenthia
    • 40. Woodland Cottage (Ald Velothi Harbor House) - A house in a tree, but not a treehouse
    • 39. Winter Snow Meadhall (Enchanted Snow Globe Home) - A winter meadhall has opened to get everyone in the festive mood
    • 38. Fire and Ice Hotel (Elinhir Private Arena) - An new hotel has opened with an ice bar and a lava room
    • 37. City of Princes (Pantherfang Chapel) - Citadese is under attack from a dragon invasion. Prince Tarvia is leading the escape through the sewers.
    • 36. Dark Brotherhood Home (Stay-Moist Mansion) - A Dark Brotherhood Sanctuary found beneath an Argonian village
    • 35. Volkihar Courtyard (Velothi Reverie) - A castle courtyard modelled on the famous Volkihar Castle in Skyrim
    • 34. Rada's Summer Getaway (Potentate's Retreat) - A Redguard mansion with a dark vampiric secret in the basement
    • 33. Cascadia Wine N Dine (Sweetwater Cascades) - Vineyard and meadery with two restaurants and a chapel
    • 32. Walled Kitchen Garden (Amaya Lake Lodge) - Fresh produce and cut flowers for sale. Hot food served in a family restaurant.
    • 31. Luckycat Summerhouse (Lucky Cat Landing) - A khajiiti villa with spa and dining
    • 30. Helene's Boutique (Water's Edge) - The famous dressmaker has opened a new dress shop in town
    • 29. Alinor Garden Party (Mathiisen Manor) - A party in the flower gardens of a Altmer noble's manor
    • 28. Markarth Bath House (Stone Eagle Aerie) - A relaxing spa and bath house with an arts and craft centre
    • 27. Treeboat house (The Gorinir Estate) - No one know how an imperial ship ended up in the treetops
    • 26. Varlaisvea College (Varlaisvea Ayleid Ruins) - An ancient library has been discovered deep inside an Ayleid ruin
    • 25. City on the Moon (The Orbservatory Prior) - Moonbase with housing and an inn under the stars
    • 24. Lakemire Water Gardens (Lakemire Xanmeer Manor) - Relaxing hanging gardens and a fish restaurant beneath the Xanmeer
    • 23. Hircine's Hunt Club (Hunters Glade) - A relaxing villa for werewolves to feast in the ever refilling hunting grounds
    • 22. Lost Dwarven Kingdom (Shalidor’s Shrouded Realm) - A lost Dwemer king's palace has been found in a mage's pocket realm
    • 21. Replaced with 54. The Secret Tower
    • 20. Topal Fishing Resort (Grand Topal Hideaway) - A resort in the middle of a fishing lake on a private island
    • 19. Castleton Manor (Alinor Crest Townhouse) - The home of Lord Castleton and his daughter Sonja
    • 18. Cave of BBQ N Ribs (Earthtear Cavern) - A secret rocky dome, hosts a BBQ and ribs restaurant
    • 17. Who Lived in a Shoe (The Ample Domicile) - There was an old reach witch who lived in a shoe
    • 16. Dwemer Party Tower (Hall of the Lunar Champion - Lion's Cradle) - A dwarven flying tower repurposed for parties
    • 15. A Taste of Alinor (Sleek Creek House) - A small piece of Alinor beside a creek
    • 14. Lava Submarine Base (Bastion Sanguinaris) - An evil vampire alchemy lab, accessible only via a lava submarine
    • 13. Spirit-tree Library (Wraithhome) - A library built atop an ancient forest within an ancient Daedric ruin
    • 12. Golden Beach Palace (Thieves' Oasis) - A dwarven inspired Redguard beach resort
    • 11. Mad Scientists House (Cyrodilic Jungle House) - Workshop and garage with an experimental De-lore-ean
    • 10. Big Toy House (Antiquarian's Alpine Gallery) - Two life sized doll's houses and a inn beneath the stairs
    • 9. Icy Falls Inn (Forgemaster Falls) - Two Nord lodges on a lake, serving mead and fresh fish
    • 8. Blue-ice Palace (Stillwaters Retreat) - Solitude, but on a frozen lake
    • 7. Mushroom Manor (Coldharbour Surreal Estate) - Dunmer house built from giant mushrooms
    • 6. Vampire Academy with wine bar (Daggerfall Overlook) - Come for the nibbles; stay for eternity
    • 5. Three Pillows War (Grymharth's Woe) - Re-enact the three banners war with pillow forts and floof balls
    • 4. Treefern House (Moon-sugar meadow) - Giant treefern treehouse
    • 3. Artaeum Theatre/Opera housel (Grand Psijic Manor) - Tiered Balcony
    • 2. Imperial Bridal Suite (Linchal Grand Manor) - Wedding venue with bridal suite extension
    • 1. Dragonguard Penthouse (Jode's Embrace) - 3 Extra floors, with indoor conservatory and top floor gym
  • Lugaldu
    Lugaldu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Very spare, most are lying down, and also got their backs inwards!

The reason is probably that it's the lazy decorators' way of placing books ... I also always lay them down instead of placing them vertically on the shelves. :D

Vehlir wrote: »
    Loving the colors on the new tapestries, especially those striking greens! Could really brighten up a room or hallway!

They are really nice, would love to have them irl.
    Same counts for the large mirror on the left, reminds very much of a depiction on a Caravaggio painting.

Edited by Lugaldu on April 27, 2021 2:12PM
  • NotaDaedraWorshipper
    NotaDaedraWorshipper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lugaldu wrote: »

Very spare, most are lying down, and also got their backs inwards!

The reason is probably that it's the lazy decorators' way of placing books ... I also always lay them down instead of placing them vertically on the shelves. :D

Vehlir wrote: »

They are really nice, would love to have them irl.
    Same counts for the large mirror on the left, reminds very much of a depiction on a Caravaggio painting.

@Lugaldu But the inwards spines! The spines! Why are they turned into the shelf :#
    [Lie] Of course! I don't even worship Daedra!
  • Elvenheart
    Elvenheart
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kesstryl wrote: »
    Watersedge has a possibility of having a separate house for your companion if you want to RP a platonic friendship and not have him or her living in your own space.

Both Bastian and Mirri could live there. They can be an adventuring couple kept on retainer by our characters for when we need their services in the field for things we could handle on our own but when we would appreciate their company. 🙂
  • Lugaldu
    Lugaldu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @Lugaldu But the inwards spines! The spines! Why are they turned into the shelf :#

It is very strange indeed. Hermaeus Mora must have made a joke here and the actions of Daedric princes are unfathomable .

• bluebird
    bluebird
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I'm unsure why the Leyawiin cookware is MIA. The Solitude cookware released in Q2 with Greymoor.

Someone's made off with the pots and pans (and it was probably the Argonians)
    Yeah, as usual there are a lot of assets that weren't converted into furnishings. It always seems quite mystifying, trying to figure out what's the basis of ZOS transforming some assets into furniture and some not.

Perhaps more surprising than the lack of cookware (to be fair, some already existing pieces are similar enough to fulfil that niche), I'm confused as to why we only got 10 Deadlands furnishings. The Doomvaults are full of new Daedric furniture, including long benches and other items, but instead we got 4 Braziers... :confused: Even if they are saving some Deadlands items for Q4, surely it would've been a more sensible priority to cover as many pieces as possible before they start releasing 4 of the same item with slight variations...

(Also, lol at the Argonians!)
    Very spare, most are lying down, and also got their spines inwards!
    Yeah, if we're picking the 'Filled' versions of the same bookshelf, it's probably because we want our library to look full without having to waste slots on it... 'Half-empty' is also not my version of 'Filled' bookshelves :tongue: My irl bookshelves have books crammed into each available space in a Tetris-like manner lol. Shame on whoever thinks those bookshelves are 'Filled' :lol:
  • VesuviaBennet22
    VesuviaBennet22
    ✭✭✭
    So I noticed the antiquity of Kothringi canoe. I wonder if we'll run into that tribe again we helped in Shadowfen! :o
  • Nila
    Nila
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you all for sharing <3

I really like the stool with the red cushion but I cant seem to find the source, does anyone know if these can be found somewhere?

There are two kinds very similar to each other.

phudgea8iao5.png

ktej7cienjsg.png
    PC EU
  • bluebird
    bluebird
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Nila wrote: »
    I really like the stool with the red cushion but I cant seem to find the source, does anyone know if these can be found somewhere?
    That model isn't available as a player furnishing item, unfortunately. We got the cushion-less version of that backless armchair, and a cushioned version of a high-back armchair, but not vice versa. Like the pots in RemanCyrodiil's post above, your chair models from the world also haven't been converted into useable furnishing for player housing. :disappointed:

There are several other items that only exist in the world, but not as furnishings, such as:
    * I repeat the following pics aren't available furniture, please read this before you get hyped, everyone*

The iconic swirly lightpost from the stream / promo previews
    v3ybwz3ce47s.png

Many items from the rustic Blackwood style (and other items from the elegant Leyawiin style and Deadlands style too)
    gazteyozt8dt.png

Some banners, some flowers and various other decor items
    gd89e3ehnn1n.png
    rhwriwdr0m8h.png

Weapon displays and arms and armor (*sigh* I swear the devs are just deliberately teasing us at this point)
    uu036bacu51n.png
    rw0tkducvvi7.png

EPIC new statue models like those of the divines, that we can't get (even though people would buy them like candy).
    hdvz3o4518ij.png
    pszzkam6r290.png

And on that note, we still have a severe lack of statue furnishings even based on statue models that have existed in the game for years (e.g. Gold Coast Mermaid), and even statues that have an ESO+ statuette version but no actual-sized statue (unlike the first ESO+ statuettes which were mini copies of existing statue furnishings).

So yeah. I kinda understood them not wanting to add several very similar pot furnishings when we have similar pot furnishings already, but then there are clearly unique and standout item models that they don't make into furnishings, and they made 4 rather similar Deadlands Brazier models into actual furnishings, so basically I have no idea what does and doesn't make the cut. *Shrug* Your guess is as good as mine.
    Edited by bluebird on May 5, 2021 4:20PM
  • Nila
    Nila
    ✭✭✭
    Nila wrote: »
    That model isn't available as a player furnishing item, unfortunately. We got the cushion-less version of that backless armchair, and a cushioned version of a high-back armchair, but not vice versa. Like the pots in RemanCyrodiil's post above, your chair models from the world also haven't been converted into useable furnishing for player housing. :disappointed:

Thank you ;) Such a shame though :/ I totally agree with the rest you wrote B)

PC EU
  • RemanCyrodiil_I
    RemanCyrodiil_I
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    -
    Edited by RemanCyrodiil_I on April 20, 2022 4:51PM
  • bluebird
    bluebird
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I am confident that we'll at the very least get a Kynareth bundle too eventually (or my suspicions that Zenimax is full of Daedra worshippers will be confirmed).
    Lol, you're probably on to something :smiley:

I do hope you're right about future Divines packs! 🤩 The candles are nice enough as well, but I suspect they weren't unique enough to warrant inclusion. We already have candles, and groups of candles, so the impact of adding Blackwood candles probably wouldn't have been worth their time. I do sympathize if you were looking for them in particular! :smile: I just wouldn't hope for them too hard, to avoid possible disappointment.
    wlsogjyyp228.png
    5w2w6xrsemvy.png
    41ap2hwewh09.png
    nftsc1qrcykl.pngű

I suspect that's the case with many of the kitchenware too, which can be more-or-less replicated with Solitude pieces.
    mfb67lyla93i.png
    q2xb62m9fq77.png
    3u8ho8dc5miu.png
    7m8o58iee372.png
    gmcen8pag25s.png
    yo64gb5qcnak.png
    ler8vbabn66m.png

Then again, there's the 4 Deadlands Brazier thing, so really, anything is possible! 🤪
    (And no, I will never pass up the opportunity to complain about it lol)
  • RemanCyrodiil_I
    RemanCyrodiil_I
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    -
    Edited by RemanCyrodiil_I on April 20, 2022 4:51PM