The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Blackwood PTS housing megathread: houses, furniture (now with images!), companions, etc (updated)

bluebird
bluebird
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
Edit: PTS came online today, so updated the post with videos and pictures, some in a separate post below.
Edit 2: UPDATED WITH FURNITURE, now that they added them to the Editor. :smile:

Hi everyone, Blackwood is coming to the PTS, so here's the Housing content that we have to look forward to in this year's Chapter! :smile: I'll update the post with more pictures as soon as I can (PTS will go online tomorrow PTS is up now woohoo), and as usual I'll try to compile all the housing info here in one thread for a convenient overview. Hope you find it useful and will have something to look forward to and be excited about! :blush:
NEW HOUSES

Pilgrim’s Rest: Inn Room - via quest or for ingame gold
"Every year, hundreds of Zenithar's worshipers journey to Leyawiin, desperate for a glimpse of St. Kaladas's architectural marvel: The Great Chapel of Zenithar. This suite offers a welcome respite from the road's perils."
qadpaq7qhuzx.png

Water's Edge: Large house - for ingame gold (after completing the Blackwood Grand Adventurer achi) or Crowns
"Those seeking a taste of river life without all the flooding can find everything they need in this cozy bridge home. With both the Outlaws Refuge and Leyawiin Castle just a brief walk away, it's the perfect spot for nobles and lowlifes alike."
93kmsaemwtrd.png
ul1p9ce98hdd.png
https://youtu.be/6IfODK5kP4I

Pantherfang Chapel: Manor - for Crowns
"The embattled clergy of the Quenching Grail established Pantherfang Chapel in the First Era as a bastion of faith. Part cathedral, part citadel, this edifice still stands as an immortal reminder of Aedric strength. Allows use of the Pledge of Mara."

Sounds like this will be a special feature of this house, that you can marry inside the house without needing a Shrine of Mara in the open world. I foresee a lot of wedding chapel builds here. :lol: Some more info about this house: "Pantherfang Chapel is a Notable Home with everything you‘d want in a castle of your own. It has two main buildings, a chapel and a fort. You can reach it by boat and arrive at your very own dock."
7ye2yu1qsjoq.png
sipp4frzipiz.png
https://youtu.be/JxMYXWFL-pw
NEW FURNITURE

:star::star::star: See the following comment below for the full list, they didn't all fit into the main post here:
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/7231096/#Comment_7231096

A whole bunch of craftable Furniture - in the new Leyawiin and Deadlands styles
The Leyawiin plans are from the zone itself as usual, and the plans for the 10 Deadlands furniture can drop from Daedric Portals, which are Blackwood's version of dolmens/dragons/harrowstorms.
otf9r4w7qst6.png
g39roulq1ghx.png

New Home Goods Furniture & Achievement Furniture from their vendors
Including windowboxes with flowers! :heart:
p6lelrebs8ua.png
42mttfae1znq.png

New Painting drops from Treasure Chests in the Blackwood zone

Replica Zenithar Adytum Gate
Can be acquired by collecting and combining Inscribed Shards from the Zenithar Abbey Public Dungeon.
93sgdicoeayj.png

4 new Antiquity Furnishings
- Kothringi Tidal Canoe
- Z'en Idol
tc93ezk0uirq.png
- Blackwood Tapestry
3ytx9va12e0x.png
- Antique Map of Blackwood

Furniture from the Rockgrove trial
- Undaunted trophy & Undaunted bust: Xalvakka
fg9rs7pqq73i.png

Chapel of Zenithar Furniture Bundle
Wooow so pretty! :star:
4hfgogh14gcq.png

Music Boxes - 'The Mire Frog's Hymn' & 'The White Stallion's Ride'
57pg8q1bi93n.png
83h0o5yhbj8f.png

ESO+ Statuettes: Kynareth & Syrabane
Hopefully we'll get proper sized statues of these too!
eziesh7zcjo8.png
ee5mb3riacxk.png

Painting: Leyawiin Awaits
zgbb6powwyta.png

Deadlands Cage, Bladed; Deadlands Chandelier, Bladed; Deadlands Sconce, Horned
(I would guess these will come from the Iron Atronach Crown Crates)
rn06rt5h7kfg.png
ov6meuhwwtgi.png
tb86sco95kte.png

Houseguests: Erilthel, Narboth, Stibbons
jx4hrmk7dmsm.png
cg8lgkcpzr85.png
pzp5zmjctns0.png
OTHER FURNITURE AND QoL UPDATES

Houseguest versions of the 2 new Companions - Mirri and Bastian
btoxam5wuc9o.png
After completing the 2nd Companion-quest (which unlocks after reaching a certain level of rapport with the Companion), we will unlock a Houseguest collectible of the Companion, which will work the same way as other Houseguests.

Firstly, it seems odd to me that Companions aren't immediately place-able in our homes like Assistants, Pets, Mounts and Houseguests are, but instead apparently have 2 versions - a Houseguest and a Companion version. From the way they put this, this may also mean that we can't place our own customised Companions in our homes, but only the default Houseguest versions :confused: It's nice of course that we will get a Houseguest version of the Companion without having to buy a Houseguest at extra charge, but I fail to see why it's even necessary to jump through extra hoops and have 2 versions, rather than just placing the Companions...

Updated Precision Edit function
"You can now precision edit furniture items and path nodes from the Housing Editor's Retrieve menu, without first having to pick them up. This also allows you to make precise tweaks to objects that are embedded in other objects, or which are otherwise difficult to select normally." Nice change, being able to adjust embedded items without having to place them again!

Endeavors will allow earning Crown Crate furniture through gameplay
With the upcoming Endeavor system, we'll be able to earn 'Seals of Endeavor' for completing certain ingame activities. These Seals will be exchangeable for items currently available in Crown Crates. So during the Ayleid Crown Crate season for example, we would be able to exchange these ingame-earned seals for the Ayleid furniture from the current Crates. This will give players another option to buy Crown Crate contents without having to gamble, exchange gold for Crowns or buying Crowns. We don't know the prices of items yet, but overall this seems to be a really nice change! :star: There's more detail about Endeavors themselves elsewhere, just wanted to highlight how the Seals will impact us Housing fans since ZOS keep putting furniture into Crown Crates.

What are your thoughts? Are you excited for anything in particular? :smile: Got some build ideas for the new houses already?
I'm disappointed by the Companion-Houseguest divide, but really looking forward to trying out all the new Furniture!
Edited by bluebird on April 26, 2021 8:36PM
  • Alurria
    Alurria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is all spectacular news, seems to be a fun update! I wish for more house furnishing quests everyday added to all zones. But this seems like it will be fun for us.
  • RemanCyrodiil_I
    RemanCyrodiil_I
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    -
    Edited by RemanCyrodiil_I on April 20, 2022 3:43PM
  • FluffWit
    FluffWit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm waiting impatiently for the youtubers to show me the houses and furniture!
  • korbel05
    korbel05
    I hoped in some argonian house... huge dissapointment here.
  • FluffWit
    FluffWit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    korbel05 wrote: »
    I hoped in some argonian house... huge dissapointment here.

I agree they've settled on a formula where we get an Inn room (ugh) and a house in the main city we can buy with gold each dlc. And that's it. ☹

Anything else goes into the limited time crown store only category. We probably will get something Argonian but my expectations are very low.
  • Lugaldu
    Lugaldu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I'm really excited to get that "Water´s Edge" house.

What I don't like is when Mirri is walking around at home with a backpack (she has one on in the picture) - who does that? It's enough for Phedre to walk around the house with a backpack, but okay, she's a little confused too.

But another question is whether we can finally get more slots for houseguests and pets? That would be really necessary.
  • bluebird
    bluebird
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    FluffWit wrote: »
    I'm waiting impatiently for the youtubers to show me the houses and furniture!
    PTS isn't up yet (if all goes well according to Gina, it will go up in the morning Eastern Time, which is still several hours away), but the client was updated already, so I updated the main post with datamined pictures in the meantime. :smile: Most of those furniture will come from the Crown Store or Crown Crates, as those are the items that usually get individual background images. But it also included the backgrounds for the Houses, so we can get more of a sneak-peek at them!
    It will be a long wait for Pantherfang Chapel! Hopefully it will release in August like Greymoor's notable house instead of the much longer wait seen with Stone Eagle Aerie.
    By the looks of it, that house will be an instant purchase for me! :love: They chose the most boring stained glass for the windows I think (compared to more interesting patterns already ingame), but that fortified keep inside the walls is giving me liiife (a proper castle, yaaaaay)!!! And the Zenithar Furnishing Bundle will look gorgeous in the chapel for sure!
    4r4kbnz1099z.png

And yeah I totally hope it comes out this summer, and not half a year from now! :grimace:
  • RemanCyrodiil_I
    RemanCyrodiil_I
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    -
    Edited by RemanCyrodiil_I on April 20, 2022 4:52PM
  • carly
    carly
    ✭✭✭✭
    OMG...the new Water's Edge house and the new furniture...just WOW! I'm touring it now, ZOS have outdone themselves!
  • ZAD1ST
    ZAD1ST
    ✭✭✭
  • emilyhyoyeon
    emilyhyoyeon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Why do the Leyawiin style furnishings look really similar to Vvardenfell stuff???

The long benches have recolored cushions and wood (as seen in the Zenithar furnishing pack image). As I'm looking on PTS, the tables and chairs have that swirly style in the legs that Vvardenfell stuff has. Even the beds are the same shape as the Vvardenfell beds (other than Telvanni obviously)

The furnishings are incredibly beautiful overall but some of them are just baffling with how similar they are to Vvardenfell for some reason.

I'm hesitant to post images because this isn't the PTS section.
    IGN @ emilypumpkin
    Zirasia Firemaker, imperial fire mage & sunbather _ Deebaba Soul-Weaver, argonian spirit minder & soul gem collector
    Tullanisse Starborne, altmer battlemage & ayleid researcher _ Qa'Rirra, khajiit assassin & dancer
  • ZAD1ST
    ZAD1ST
    ✭✭✭
    @emilyhyoyeon good point. I’ll head to the pts section. It’s really all the names I’m looking for
  • bluebird
    bluebird
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Why do the Leyawiin style furnishings look really similar to Vvardenfell stuff???

The long benches have recolored cushions and wood (as seen in the Zenithar furnishing pack image). As I'm looking on PTS, the tables and chairs have that swirly style in the legs that Vvardenfell stuff has. Even the beds are the same shape as the Vvardenfell beds (other than Telvanni obviously)

The furnishings are incredibly beautiful overall but some of them are just baffling with how similar they are to Vvardenfell for some reason.
    My guess is that recycling models makes it easier to make 'new' furniture, and since they were going for a similar look with Leyawiin style, they didn't want to start from scratch. The Vvardenfell bench styles already looked particularly Imperial, so much so that I often used them in lieu of other options in my Imperial homes. So it makes sense that they wanted to keep the same silhouette for the actual Leyawiin items (since honestly, if any bench should look like this shape, it should be Imperial, and shouldn't have been the Dunmer ones in the first place).
    chr34745savana11.jpg
  • bluebird
    bluebird
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Water's Edge

https://youtu.be/6IfODK5kP4I

Situated on a bridge in Leyawiin. Can be bought Unfurnished for gold (after earning the Blackwood Grand Adventurer achi), or Furnished for Crowns. The house includes two three-storey buildings, which are connected by a walkway. It has 2 entrances on the bridge level, 2 doors on the connecting upper walkway, and one door on the top floor patio.

ek65s4gn5bbj.png
    0lbtgkgjscfb.png
    664cealc0hpd.png
    5p42o2wo1wn3.png
    eas0gtxvqrt1.png
    nqpq1xpvswg4.png
    7tcmtc1yrf57.png
    Edited by bluebird on April 20, 2021 6:01PM
  • TheImperfect
    TheImperfect
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All amazing stuff. I forsee Stibbons helping a lot of people. Homes and furniture look terrific
  • bluebird
    bluebird
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Pantherfang Chapel

https://youtu.be/JxMYXWFL-pw

A fortress with a chapel and a keep. You enter by boat and land in a private dock under the chapel crypts. From here, you can access the Chapel through the stairs, or go through the flooded corridor to enter the fort itself, or exit into the garden. The castle has 3 floors, a main hall with 2 side rooms, a mezzanine/balcony overlook above that, and a room on the top floor. The top floor also has access to the Ramparts on top of the castle, including two towers. The chapel on the opposite side is your typical Imperial chapel, and has stained glass windows which feature the signs of the divines! The stairs below the chapel take you back to the crypts with the boat where you enter the house.

kfwaan84e798.png
    xgbdkui6do4y.png
    mayde97bo9gn.png
    ovbdlpcwhquq.png
    ndunkamyg1cd.png
    1nu7gnlnltw5.png
    bih42un48c19.png
    aabxj1vq29ro.png
    vmii66ruly3y.png
    rbrnvdn4ojqx.png
    opkhjo3ifkdn.png
    y8m0fbb4uk4j.png
    vxmgd7nbfcsh.png
    Edited by bluebird on April 20, 2021 5:42PM
  • Lugaldu
    Lugaldu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    When I see Water´s Edge with the furniture now, I think it's even more awesome. I really need to have that.
  • bluebird
    bluebird
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    So, they forgot to enable the new furniture in the Housing Editor, so I can't buy and show all the new items yet. :grimace: In the meantime, I hope you can see some of the furniture in the housing previews.

I updated the main post with the other furniture I could get my hands on (Achievements, Home Goods, Collectibles, etc). Here are the details for those who are wondering:

Home Goods vendor:
    8g9kof7162it.png
    Leyawiin Windowbox, Yellow Daisies
    Leyawiin Windowbox, Irises
    Leyawiin Wheel, Splintered Axle
    Leyawiin Trousers, Strewn
    Leyawiin Socks, Pair
    Leyawiin Rug, Worn
    Leyawiin Palisade, Reinforced
    Leyawiin Carpet, Threadbare
    Leyawiin Carpet, Small Worn
    (also 3 trees which I didn't take a screenshot of)
    Tree, Forked Blackwood Elm
    Tree, Branching Blackwood Pine
    Tree, Bent Blackwood Elm

Achievement Furniture vendor:
    sq5dkni9kfeq.png
    Entwined Snakes, Crystal Holder
    Xi-Tisi Stone Idol
    Deadlands Tormentor, Chained
    Seal of the Ambitious
    Inert Oblivion Gate
    Banner of Leyawiin
    Banner, Tattered Mehrunes Dagon
    Deadlands Chandelier, Caged
    Deadlands Podium of Ruination
    Deadlands Pillar, Tall Inscribed
  • Leogon
    Leogon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Water's Edge is by far my favorite. Pantherfang Chapel is awesome too but way too big for the furniture limit.

Edited by Leogon on April 20, 2021 7:36PM
  • Vehlir
    Vehlir
    ✭✭✭✭
    Fantastic work as always blue!

Love how your videos/images not only show various angles but also convey a sense of scale as well compared to other items. Really helps get a feel for whether an item/home is good for you!

Water's Edge is definitely a fantastic highlight of this bunch! The split home layout is really interested and that wraparound porch is extraordinary!

Panther's Fang is really creatively laid out & well done but I can't help but admit the first thing I think when I see it is "Yup, I could decorate about 50% of that place before hitting Furnishing Cap" lol. Still though, really liking the design work of those two, especially how rooms are divided with actual doorways and hallways instead of one giant interior space.

Liking the lighter tones of alot of the woods as well as the brighter colors for the tapestries & rugs this batch. Also tons of great "Smaller" items like meal pieces and those window planters are awesome. Could see them attached to a wall inside, atop one another like an Alchemist's shelf as well.

Thanks for all this info, good stuff!
  • FluffWit
    FluffWit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yay! Thank you Bluebird!
  • FluffWit
    FluffWit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Omg.... the chapel..... omg

Not gonna lie, theres already things that bug me about the house. But the chapel.... omg
  • TeruKisuke
    TeruKisuke
    ✭✭✭✭
    @bluebird I was fooled too because we couldn’t see editor, but there are Blackwood documents in inventory on a template character, and we can preview furnishing documents now so we can see what’s available. Just can’t craft and place in our homes without the materials, since they’re plans...
  • bluebird
    bluebird
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    TeruKisuke wrote: »
    @bluebird I was fooled too because we couldn’t see editor, but there are Blackwood documents in inventory on a template character, and we can preview furnishing documents now so we can see what’s available. Just can’t craft and place in our homes without the materials, since they’re plans...
    Thanks, I know, but those are only the craftable plans which aren't a complete list. There are usually many other items in the Housing Editor that aren't craftable, such as Paintings which we know will drop from Treasure Chests in the zone and which are usually sold for Crowns too, and likely other Crowns-only furnishing items in addition to that. So I'll probably post the full set when they make them all purchasable.

In the meantime, Zypheran posted a helpful video for people who'd like to see what we got for now: :smile:
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/570776/pts-preview-craftable-furniture-achievement-furniture#latest
  • dcam86b14_ESO
    dcam86b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please zos drop that chapel on day one, I have crowns saved up please
  • B0SSzombie
    B0SSzombie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    bluebird wrote: »

sq5dkni9kfeq.png
    Xi-Tisi Stone Idol
    Seal of the Ambitious
    Inert Oblivion Gate
    Banner of Leyawiin

And now the question is: Which of those lovely items is locked behind a Veteran Trial achievement? That seems to be the new trend...
  • Lugaldu
    Lugaldu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    In the meantime, Zypheran posted a helpful video for people who'd like to see what we got for now: :smile:
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/570776/pts-preview-craftable-furniture-achievement-furniture#latest

I have to say that this elegant Roman-inspired furniture really is the coolest thing of all, the most beautiful so far. I can't wait to collect the crafting plans for it.

• Alurria
    Alurria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    B0SSzombie wrote: »

sq5dkni9kfeq.png
    Xi-Tisi Stone Idol
    Seal of the Ambitious
    Inert Oblivion Gate
    Banner of Leyawiin

And now the question is: Which of those lovely items is locked behind a Veteran Trial achievement? That seems to be the new trend...

I hope not, I don't want to do vet anything in this game. Unless it's with my guild. I am a casual player I don't want ESO to become a full time job. I'm older and don't have the reflexes that someone 40 years younger than me has. Yes I'm that old. Housing is my refuge, questing and occasional trials, dungeons etc with my guild. I belong to a fishing guild I have for years we run around and fish together. I hope they don't keep locking furnishings behind vet content. 😔
  • emilyhyoyeon
    emilyhyoyeon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not really expecting anyone to know, but does anyone think we'll get the furnishings in the editor in an upcoming PTS patch? I want to try decorating these but I'd much rather get them from the editor instead of learn the plans and craft manually.

Also finally took a look at all the new furnishings. The food items are amazing. I love the corn, tomatoes, and the lobster stuff. Still kind of annoyed that the benches and stools don't really stand out from the Vvardenfell ones but everything looks incredible. I'm kind of blown away. Didn't expect to be this happy with everything.
    Edited by emilyhyoyeon on April 21, 2021 6:34PM
    IGN @ emilypumpkin
    Zirasia Firemaker, imperial fire mage & sunbather _ Deebaba Soul-Weaver, argonian spirit minder & soul gem collector
    Tullanisse Starborne, altmer battlemage & ayleid researcher _ Qa'Rirra, khajiit assassin & dancer
  • B0SSzombie
    B0SSzombie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not really expecting anyone to know, but does anyone think we'll get the furnishings in the editor in an upcoming PTS patch? I want to try decorating these but I'd much rather get them from the editor instead of learn the plans and craft manually.

Also finally took a look at all the new furnishings. The food items are amazing. I love the corn, tomatoes, and the lobster stuff. Still kind of annoyed that the benches and stools don't really stand out from the Vvardenfell ones but everything looks incredible. I'm kind of blown away. Didn't expect to be this happy with everything.

All the Seafood dishes are a nice addition to the housing aspect of the game. I love that you can make a crazy diverse banquet using all the different kinds of Meals you can make furnishings of.

I imagine that in the next PTS update next week they'll fix the items missing from the Housing Editor.
    Edited by B0SSzombie on April 21, 2021 7:59PM