The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Has anybody ever petitioned for furnishing limit to be increased?

CleymenZero
CleymenZero
✭✭✭✭✭
Title's not serious ofc, seen this being asked every now and then.

Never cared much about housing beyond trial dummies and basic crafting but now that I have all the attunables and attunables are being added every patch, I see a constant problem only growing.

If furnishing limit isn't going to be increased, not counting the attunables towards the limit (or reducing their value to 0.25-0.5 furnishings) would alleviate the issue.

So? What's ZOS's current stance?
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pinned to this category. Over 1 year old. Don't expect any movement by ZOS to increase.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/512076/february-2020-furnishing-limit-status-update
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • HyekAr
    HyekAr
    ✭✭✭
    I thought that the trophy I have I could use it as design for interier... but I cant, so why I need it? also how to get the head of the animal to put it in the wall? I saw some ppls house they have that.
    Edited by HyekAr on April 17, 2021 10:16PM
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Too many furnishings in one house will have a negative impact on performance." - ZOS

"Stacking 250 players into one keep in Cyrodiil won't negatively impact performance to a noticeable degree." - also ZOS
    Edited by redspecter23 on April 17, 2021 10:16PM
  • CleymenZero
    CleymenZero
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Elsonso wrote: »
    Pinned to this category. Over 1 year old. Don't expect any movement by ZOS to increase.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/512076/february-2020-furnishing-limit-status-update

Saw that it was from more than a year ago. Didn't really think they would keep outdated information stickied but you nevertheless know.

In the end, you can't have a guild house with all the attunables, 3 dummy areas and a dueling arena without making sacrifices.

Seems over the top but it's just everything a guild would need.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    HyekAr wrote: »
    I thought that the trophy I have I could use it as design for interier... but I cant, so why I need it? also how to get the head of the animal to put it in the wall? I saw some ppls house they have that.

If it's a furnishing, you can. If not, you can't. There are a number of wall mounted trophies. Some of them are the heads of Undaunted bosses you've defeated. Other can be purchased through the Crown store or from the Luxury Vendor - a special housing vendor who spawns in Coldharbor on the weekends and has a rotating inventory. You might be able to buy his items from resellers on guild stores.

For example, this is a luxury vendor item:
    Deer-Head-Wall-Mount.jpg
    https://eso.mmo-fashion.com/deer-head-wall-mount/
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Saw that it was from more than a year ago. Didn't really think they would keep outdated information stickied but you nevertheless know.

It might be a year old, but it isn't "outdated". Until they actually say something that updates that information, it is current.
  • carly
    carly
    ✭✭✭✭
    "Too many furnishings in one house will have a negative impact on performance." - ZOS

I believe it. When I played Rift, I tried zoning in to a home someone had decorated with over 1,200 items. I ended up crashing to desktop and I had to open a ticket to get my character out of the home as - she was stuck in that house - even though I didn't see the inside, it's like my character when into the twilight zone. In my decorated homes there, I noticed above a certain item limit, performance on my PC degraded quite a lot when I tried moving around those homes. I'd have to turn my graphics settings to the lowest setting to make it playable inside which in turn made the homes look shabby.

• LaughingGremlin
    LaughingGremlin
    ✭✭✭
    Someone posted the idea of a multiple attunable crafting station. As you acquire a new crafting set the same crafting station can be attuned to that set. This way you don't have to waste a slot on a Hunding's station, a Julianos station etc.
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

If they still have it pinned it is probably up to date.
  • TelvanniWizard
    TelvanniWizard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    At least they could increase the special collectible slots.
  • CleymenZero
    CleymenZero
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Amottica wrote: »

"but you never know"

It's time for an update where they say they're increasing the slots. XD
  • CleymenZero
    CleymenZero
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Amottica wrote: »

Also, what do you think is better?

- Never raise the question again and have 0% chance of a change happening

- keep raising the issue and have even a 1% chance of provoquing a change
    -
    I'll put my money on the slight chance of something happening vs the absolute 0% chance
  • StabbityDoom
    StabbityDoom
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Also petitioning is against the rules of the forum
    PC/NA
    EHT zealot
    streamer: http://twitch.tv/stabbitydoom
  • CleymenZero
    CleymenZero
    ✭✭✭✭✭

What's the exact wording in the ToS?

To petition is to make a formal request to an authority regarding a specific issue.

Players voicing their opinions and asking for change isn't against forum ToS. Inciting a revolt, or wtv it would look like in the world of ESO, definitely would be.
  • StabbityDoom
    StabbityDoom
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

To petition is to make a formal request to an authority regarding a specific issue.

Players voicing their opinions and asking for change isn't against forum ToS. Inciting a revolt, or wtv it would look like in the world of ESO, definitely would be.

"Petitions and Protests: We do not allow petitions or protests on our forums. Due to the fact that both promote the use of demands and replies that consist of “/signed” or little else, we feel that neither encourage nor allow for meaningful and constructive discussion. Instead of using a petition or protest, we recommend presenting your thoughts as a request or suggestion so everyone in the community can discuss it."
    PC/NA
    EHT zealot
  • CleymenZero
    CleymenZero
    ✭✭✭✭✭

"Petitions and Protests: We do not allow petitions or protests on our forums. Due to the fact that both promote the use of demands and replies that consist of “/signed” or little else, we feel that neither encourage nor allow for meaningful and constructive discussion. Instead of using a petition or protest, we recommend presenting your thoughts as a request or suggestion so everyone in the community can discuss it."

Thanks.

I think it's a language technicality. Petitioning is a request. Yes it is more formal and more engaged but they suggest formulating it as a request which is the same.

I don't see petitioning as a negative thing. I go to ZoS, I express an issue I have with the game and request a change.

I'll reformulate in the future to basically say the same thing but in a way that would use words more in accordance to ToS.
  • StabbityDoom
    StabbityDoom
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Renaming the topic to something more of a suggestion would be a good idea. :)
    PC/NA
    EHT zealot
  • CleymenZero
    CleymenZero
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Renaming the topic to something more of a suggestion would be a good idea. :)

I disagree in that specific case because firstly, it is a question and not an incitement to organize a movement or revolt.

Secondly, my first sentence says that I'm not completely serious.

Finally, in the ToS, they mean petition in the colloquial sense and not the basic definition.

Petitioning a deity, a king or any authority is the way I was using the word.

People think a petition can only be the form you sign online or in person that is in strong opposition to something. The way they used the word in the ToS is to avoid the form of petition that encourages confrontation, which I agree with.

Again, to petition an authority for something, you would for example in this case go to the developper, say you represent the player base and explain the issue at hand. You would then request a change and the authority would (hopefully) thank you for raising the issue and would say they'll think about it either earnestly or to simply dismiss you.

So I guess the title couldve been: "Has anybody ever [formerly raised the issue of the low] furnishing limit [and officially requested for it to be] increased?

It's not a big deal. If they're not ok with the way I formulated my question, they can just delete the thread.

There's no need to argue over semantics. I thought the goal of my post, to re-raise the issue again even though it has likely been discussed countless times, was clear.
    Edited by CleymenZero on April 24, 2021 5:18PM
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

-
    I'll put my money on the slight chance of something happening vs the absolute 0% chance

People always seem to assume that if it is not said repeatedly in the forum, ZOS simply crosses it off the list. If there is a 1% chance in the second scenario, my expectation from a professional studio is that there is also a 1% chance in the first. :smile:

As for petitions, it is in the Code of Conduct that these are not allowed. That said, I don't feel that this thread is a "petition" in the sense that they are referring to. Observation suggests that discussions are allowed, which is what this thread is, but posts for just collecting "signed" or "+1" responses are not.

Edited by Elsonso on April 24, 2021 5:19PM
  • CleymenZero
    CleymenZero
    ✭✭✭✭✭

-

People always seem to assume that if it is not said repeatedly in the forum, ZOS simply crosses it off the list. If there is a 1% chance in the second scenario, my expectation from a professional studio is that there is also a 1% chance in the first. :smile:

As for petitions, it is in the Code of Conduct that these are not allowed. That said, I don't feel that this thread is a "petition" in the sense that they are referring to. Observation suggests that discussions are allowed, which is what this thread is, but just collecting "signed" or "+1" responses are not.

Happy to see you understood my use of the word petition.

Chances are the mods did too because this thread would've been long gone otherwise.
  • CleymenZero
    CleymenZero
    ✭✭✭✭✭

-

As for petitions, it is in the Code of Conduct that these are not allowed. That said, I don't feel that this thread is a "petition" in the sense that they are referring to. Observation suggests that discussions are allowed, which is what this thread is, but posts for just collecting "signed" or "+1" responses are not.

And clearly, my assumption was that it HAS been raised before like I said in the first paragraph of my post.

But as I've said, request nothing and you'll get nothing and if the issue is respectfully raised often enough by enough individuals, the likelihood of them acting on an issue increases.

Was I under the illusion that my post would have a resounding effect? Absolutely not. I think it is but a grain of sand but grains of sands, if many, will eventually tip a scale and I mean this in the most honest of ways.
    Edited by CleymenZero on April 24, 2021 5:27PM
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

-

And clearly, my assumption was that it HAS been raised before like I said in the first paragraph of my post.

But as I've said, request nothing and you'll get nothing and if the issue is respectfully raised often enough by enough individuals, the likelihood of them acting on an issue increases.

Was I under the illusion that my post would have a resounding effect? Absolutely not. I think it is but a grain of sand but grains of sands, if many, will eventually tip a scale and I mean this in the most honest of ways.

My impression, after reading what they posted last year, was that it was pretty much "No furnishing limit increases". As long as lower end PCs and Console old-gen are allowed to play the game, my feeling is that this is not going to change. I don't think that the limit is entirely performance, but as long as they can use that as a reason to say "No", the performance excuse will carry the day.
  • kargen27
    kargen27
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Someone posted the idea of a multiple attunable crafting station. As you acquire a new crafting set the same crafting station can be attuned to that set. This way you don't have to waste a slot on a Hunding's station, a Julianos station etc.

I'm not sure one station that can be attunable with all the sets like some have mentioned would be a good idea. The drop down menu might become cumbersome. Maybe crafting stations divided by zones instead of individual sets could work. Players would still need to acquire something for each set to attune that set though.

Was thinking short of that maybe one table for each set that lets you do all the crafting for that set. Not sure what an all in one table for each set should look like but it would free up quite a few slots.
    and then the parrot said, "must be the water mines green too."
  • StabbityDoom
    StabbityDoom
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

-

As for petitions, it is in the Code of Conduct that these are not allowed. That said, I don't feel that this thread is a "petition" in the sense that they are referring to. Observation suggests that discussions are allowed, which is what this thread is, but just collecting "signed" or "+1" responses are not.

Happy to see you understood my use of the word petition.

Chances are the mods did too because this thread would've been long gone otherwise.

I understood it as well, but I’ve seen mods kill threads for less. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    PC/NA
    EHT zealot