The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Battlegrounds - very bad experience

• Rhaegar75
    Rhaegar75
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Piraja27 wrote: »
    The sets you use are way outdated for BGs, your overall setup is pretty easily bursted down as a general rule unless you're talented stamblade. So yes, a lot of this also comes down to experience playing the game.

Yes, very.
    He should be running at least three proc sets.
    Had one DK apply 10 dots in 3 seconds. Mostly from procs.

still too many...way too many merciless charge and zaan heroes in BGs :s
  • JobooAGS
    JobooAGS
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    KurtAngle2 wrote: »
    You expect to survive in a burst meta with almost all points in Stamina, Medium armor and full damage sets (except Monster that does nothing in this meta like Troll King)? Be happy that you weren't zergfarmed all the time and proceed to be more tanky

I did just fine with nma/spriggans and 2 arena weapons or nma/shield breaker and 2 arena weapons (the 6-12% more damage is worth more due to the 1000 wd). I can easily swap out one of the arena weapons and add balroghs or even bloodspawn
  • Mr_Gallows
    Mr_Gallows
    ✭✭✭
    Piraja27 wrote: »
    The sets you use are way outdated for BGs, your overall setup is pretty easily bursted down as a general rule unless you're talented stamblade. So yes, a lot of this also comes down to experience playing the game.

Yes, very.
    He should be running at least three proc sets.
    Had one DK apply 10 dots in 3 seconds. Mostly from procs.

Think I'll skip BGs. Have been looking into the current meta and well it's not for me. That is anti gameplay and just bad. I'll try cyrodill and see how that is instead and maybe look at BGs if they do some sort og limited type pf BG at some point 🙂
  • Canned_Apples
    Canned_Apples
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I tried BGs again today and it was nothing but proc sets.

As much as I like bgs, there is no counter against people running multiple proc sets. All you can to is purge and heal until you run out of resources.

We have people spamming one skill and getting 30+ kills.

@ZOS_GinaBruno please give us no proc bgs . I don’t care if I have to pay for them. Running proc sets to be competitive is not fun. Cyrodiil doesn’t compare to bgs.
  • MurderMostFoul
    MurderMostFoul
    ✭✭✭✭✭

As much as I like bgs, there is no counter against people running multiple proc sets. All you can to is purge and heal until you run out of resources.

@ZOS_GinaBruno please give us no proc bgs . I don’t care if I have to pay for them. Running proc sets to be competitive is not fun. Cyrodiil doesn’t compare to bgs.

I don't get it.

Basically none of the players I see racking up kills in high MMR solo queue BGs on Xbox NA are stacking proc damage sets. Sometimes one, often none.

Sure there are players who do it, but they are not that hard to deal with. Their ceiling is absolutely lower than the players who are properly leveraging stat sets.
    “There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so.”
  • Mr_Gallows
    Mr_Gallows
    ✭✭✭

I don't get it.

Basically none of the players I see racking up kills in high MMR solo queue BGs on Xbox NA are stacking proc damage sets. Sometimes one, often none.

Sure there are players who do it, but they are not that hard to deal with. Their ceiling is absolutely lower than the players who are properly leveraging stat sets.

That's just not logical. Malakath and proc damage plus super tanky... That's not doable with stat sets.

It's not just the damage proc sets though.
  • MurderMostFoul
    MurderMostFoul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mr_Gallows wrote: »

I don't get it.

That's just not logical. Malakath and proc damage plus super tanky... That's not doable with stat sets.

It's not just the damage proc sets though.

What do you mean "not logical?" I rarely see players who go "tanky+procs" have outstanding performances in BGs this patch.

Malacath+stat sets+zero or one proc set:

This is what I've seen perform best. Malacath is not a proc set, but it is kind of problematic in that you almost have to run it in BGs to do good damage. But at least it's just adding to existing damage and not creating new sources of it like damage procs do.
  • Canned_Apples
    Canned_Apples
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't get it.

PC NA has a lot. A lot.
    Several 50k health players running 2 weapon proc, 2 gear procs, and monster set procs.
    Solo queue is nothing but procs.
  • Rhaegar75
    Rhaegar75
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't get it.

PC NA has a lot. A lot.
    Several 50k health players running 2 weapon proc, 2 gear procs, and monster set procs.

Seen my fair share of them in pc eu
  • Mr_Gallows
    Mr_Gallows
    ✭✭✭
    PvP'ers of eso always say they love the build diversity of the game...

Well in BG's there are 90 ways to build for failure and 10 ways to be in the game with a couple of them being vastly superiour. The build duversity of eso is an illusion. There is more actual build diversity in cyrodill now when you look at those sets... except maybe spriggans which many will run.

.it's a general issue with eso. The idea of offence-defense balance can work. In eso it does not. Plus there are just to many different stats that work in a broken band iad way to attempt game balance. Armor, penetration, crit, crit resistance, resource values and regen... all this is a bloated mess giving the illusion of freedom while screwing over balance until it just gives up.
    Edited by Mr_Gallows on April 10, 2021 9:53AM
  • MurderMostFoul
    MurderMostFoul
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't get it.

PC NA has a lot. A lot.
    Rhaegar75 wrote: »

I don't get it.

PC NA has a lot. A lot.

Lol, that sucks.

There are far less frequent on Xbox NA. When I encounter one who has just stacked so much HP that a 1v1 burst isn't going to get the job done, I can move on to other targets who haven't done that. They fall behind too because they don't have the damage output of the true DD builds.

But in an environment where they predominate, I could see it being a greater issue. Not enough alternative targets. Then the true DDers are forced to beat on proc tanks. But man, for the proc tanks, fighting other proc tanks must be so boring.
  • Mr_Gallows
    Mr_Gallows
    ✭✭✭

I don't get it.

PC NA has a lot. A lot.

I don't get it.

PC NA has a lot. A lot.

Lol, that sucks.

There are far less frequent on Xbox NA. When I encounter one who has just stacked so much HP that a 1v1 burst isn't going to get the job done, I can move on to other targets who haven't done that. They fall behind too because they don't have the damage output of the true DD builds.

But in an environment where they predominate, I could see it being a greater issue. Not enough alternative targets. Then the true DDers are forced to beat on proc tanks. But man, for the proc tanks, fighting other proc tanks must be so boring.

This is the problem with proc sets. You can spec heavily towards damage or tankiness... but then proc sets completely screw over the balance.

I like what they are doing with cyrodil... not perfect but the concept is sound in terms of gameplay.

They should flag certain sets and items as usable for PvP and anything else is for PvE where balance can be handled differently. Then they should make a PvP-outfitter where the game stores all the PvP gear you have found/crafted. Then before joining PvP you can easily put on whatever gear you want that is usable for PvP. Make everthing you haven't got yet greyed out so you can see all that is available for PvP. That way they can balance PvP and PvE seperately with gear that works to produce better gameplay.... because that's where the fun is in PvP.
    Edited by Mr_Gallows on April 10, 2021 12:27PM
  • Firstmep
    Firstmep
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I don't get it.

PC NA has a lot. A lot.

I don't get it.

PC NA has a lot. A lot.

Lol, that sucks.

This is the problem with proc sets. You can spec heavily towards damage or tankiness... but then proc sets completely screw over the balance.

I like what they are doing with cyrodil... not perfect but the concept is sound in terms of gameplay.

They should flag certain sets and items as usable for PvP and anything else is for PvE where balance can be handled differently. Then they should make a PvP-outfitter where the game stores all the PvP gear you have found/crafted. Then before joining PvP you can easily put on whatever gear you want that is usable for PvP. Make everthing you haven't got yet greyed out so you can see all that is available for PvP. That way they can balance PvP and PvE seperately with gear that works to produce better gameplay.... because that's where the fun is in PvP.

That's where the fun is for you.
    Plenty of people like trying out new builds, sets etc.
    This game doesn't have competitive pvp, and after 7 years the devs won't suddenly do a 180.
    New sets also sell pve content for pvpers too, and knowing zeni, they won't give that up either.
  • Mr_Gallows
    Mr_Gallows
    ✭✭✭
    Firstmep wrote: »

I don't get it.

PC NA has a lot. A lot.

I don't get it.

PC NA has a lot. A lot.

Lol, that sucks.

This game doesn't have competitive pvp, and after 7 years the devs won't suddenly do a 180.
    New sets also sell pve content for pvpers too, and knowing zeni, they won't give that up either.

Yeah some people don't care about the gameplay, but enjoy the building. I am not suggesting a strict setup with only Damage, healer and tank. But something where you can build towards different gameplay but still have balance. Cyrodill shows they are thinking about it and it's not like eso pvp is that popular or well regarded.... but it could be.

People also enjoy those mobile games click fest where there is no gameplay... just collecting stupid fake items. Don't get that either. Gameplay should be number one priority in a game.

The game doesn't have to be broken and the game doesn't have to have a rigid setup like GW2 PvP - but it could be more fun so the gameplay of PvP actually was fun and great. Because the game has a lot going for it in terms of pace and mechanics to be an awesome PvP game. Balance just screws it up completely.

I remember the early days of beta and early release. Gameplay was in a much better state for pvp than it is now. Not perfectly balanced, but that could have been fixed.
    Edited by Mr_Gallows on April 10, 2021 1:26PM
  • Firstmep
    Firstmep
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I don't get it.

PC NA has a lot. A lot.

I don't get it.

PC NA has a lot. A lot.

Lol, that sucks.

PC EU BGs have always been the procciest.
    Also the kind of 1v1 fights I see on other platforms almost never happen here, most people stick to their team.
    Cant tell you how many people run away from me 1on1, just to come back to xv1 with their team a minute later.
    I think pc EU is just a different mindset, most people want to win, no matter what.

Build variety has gone done a fair bit tho, almost everyone only uses the most meta procs now, you'll almost never see offbeat sets like pillar of nirn for example.

But there's hope for sure, there are quite a few star or Stat /proc builds out there, more so on stamina side.

Your typical magcro/magden/dks will still rock full procs mostly.

• Canned_Apples
    Canned_Apples
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't get it.

PC NA has a lot. A lot.

I don't get it.

PC NA has a lot. A lot.

Lol, that sucks.

The thing is, all these builds are ultimately the same with different proc conditions.
    Charge to apply 10 dots, light attack to apply 10 dots, or crit to apply 10 dots.

I hit high mmr yesterday and just about everyone was running free damage procs.
    I even saw multiple stamina classes using a staff on the back bar to cast a magicka based proc.

I rather wait 30+ minutes for a proc free BG than have to deal with the garbage meta devs have unleashed.
  • Mr_Gallows
    Mr_Gallows
    ✭✭✭

I don't get it.

PC NA has a lot. A lot.

I don't get it.

PC NA has a lot. A lot.

Lol, that sucks.

The thing is, all these builds are ultimately the same with different proc conditions.
    Charge to apply 10 dots, light attack to apply 10 dots, or crit to apply 10 dots.

I even saw multiple stamina classes using a staff on the back bar to cast a magicka based proc.

I rather wait 30+ minutes for a proc free BG than have to deal with the garbage meta devs have unleashed.

Exactly... the build diversity and freedom is an illusion... yes you have the freedom to try 100s different ways of fail of you like.

If the devs wanted they could make eso pvp really amazing, because the pace and base mechanics are great.

One thing GW2 does really well is the healing mechanics. You don't just have constant heal running.
    Edited by Mr_Gallows on April 10, 2021 5:11PM
  • Rhaegar75
    Rhaegar75
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't get it.

PC NA has a lot. A lot.

I don't get it.

PC NA has a lot. A lot.

Lol, that sucks.

Yep yep yep....I’d love to prove you wrong but sadly I have to confirm what you’ve written
  • Mr_Gallows
    Mr_Gallows
    ✭✭✭
    For Cyrodill stamina necromamcer how about:

Spriggans x5, domihaus x1, fortified brass x5
    2-handed and 1h+shield

I can add any 1 piece monster to that. Was thinking about stamina, penetration or armor. The 129 weapon damage seems low, but what would be good to add.
  • MurderMostFoul
    MurderMostFoul
    ✭✭✭✭✭

2-handed and 1h+shield

I can add any 1 piece monster to that. Was thinking about stamina, penetration or armor. The 129 weapon damage seems low, but what would be good to add.

One trainee.
  • Mr_Gallows
    Mr_Gallows
    ✭✭✭

2-handed and 1h+shield

One trainee.

Oh... yep that's a nice bonus 🙂👍🏻 cheers.
  • Mr_Gallows
    Mr_Gallows
    ✭✭✭
    Decided to go get malakath, so I did that today. Trainee was good though, but changed that piece to malakath.
    Edited by Mr_Gallows on April 12, 2021 11:11PM
  • MurderMostFoul
    MurderMostFoul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Decided to go get malakath, so I did that today. Trainee was good though, but changed that piece to malakath.

Stamina necromancer has such a incredibly low dependence on magicka that I would consider trainee instead of domihaus.
  • Jeremy
    Jeremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have tried solo BGs the last couple of days and it's the most pointless and disgusting thing I have ever tried from a gameplay perspective.

I would die almost instantly. Hit by many abilities that didn't even show up on my side. Stamina management was fine.

I did kill a few, but some players were just unkillable even if they did not fight back because they were attacking someone else.

I made/bought some gear. All legendary except the jewelry whch is only purple. All enchants are legendary.

Stats are 7 in health and rest in Stamina.

Nightblade.
    Sets: 5x hunding, 5x spriggans, 2x troll king. Also tried a set of fortified brass instead of hundings.Sets have impen trait.
    Enchants: tri-glyphs on armor, weapon damage on jewelry (infused).
    Weapons: maul and bow (sharp)
    I have all the major buffs covered for defense and damage from skill lines. Like brutality, breach, armor buff, damage reduction.
    Potions: various good potions.

My gear is not bad.

Outside BGs
    My resistances sit around 20k buffed. Health at 27k, stamina 30k, weapon damage a bit over 5k, crit resist a bit over 2k, stamina regen 1400, almost 14k physical pen.

It plays like this 95% of the time. I cannot kill anyone and I get killed instantly. I am not new to the game and it does not just feel like a L2P issue. If feels like something is seriously messed up with the game, balance, exploits or something.

Yeah it's awful. You have these players spamming macros and literally instant killing everyone with their lame burst combos. There is no defense against it so don't even try, it's a waste of your time. It's funny because I'll whisper them after the fight and say "nice macros" and they'll say thanks or tyvm. lol...

Even with over 50k health, max resistance and spamming damage shields it's an instant kill. It's that stupid. Your best bet is to just play as offensive as you can and try to kill before you are killed.... or play a Nightblade and hide a lot....

Because with the changes to Mist Form defense is now dead on this game. It's gone. You can put a fork in it. I've already retired my Templar tank from PvP. I just have better ways to spend my time than this b.s.
    Edited by Jeremy on April 13, 2021 1:14PM
  • MurderMostFoul
    MurderMostFoul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jeremy wrote: »
    Have tried solo BGs the last couple of days and it's the most pointless and disgusting thing I have ever tried from a gameplay perspective.

I would die almost instantly. Hit by many abilities that didn't even show up on my side. Stamina management was fine.

I did kill a few, but some players were just unkillable even if they did not fight back because they were attacking someone else.

I made/bought some gear. All legendary except the jewelry whch is only purple. All enchants are legendary.

Nightblade.
    Sets: 5x hunding, 5x spriggans, 2x troll king. Also tried a set of fortified brass instead of hundings.Sets have impen trait.
    I have all the major buffs covered for defense and damage from skill lines. Like brutality, breach, armor buff, damage reduction.

My gear is not bad.

Outside BGs
    My resistances sit around 20k buffed. Health at 27k, stamina 30k, weapon damage a bit over 5k, crit resist a bit over 2k, stamina regen 1400, almost 14k physical pen.

It plays like this 95% of the time. I cannot kill anyone and I get killed instantly. I am not new to the game and it does not just feel like a L2P issue. If feels like something is seriously messed up with the game, balance, exploits or something.

Yeah it's awful. You have these players spamming macros and literally instant killing everyone with their lame burst combos. There is no defense against it so don't even try, it's a waste of your time. It's funny because I'll whisper them after the fight and say "nice macros" and they'll say thanks or tyvm. lol...

Even with over 50k health, max resistance and spamming damage shields it's an instant kill. It's that stupid. Your best bet is to just play as offensive as you can and try to kill before you are killed.... or play a Nightblade and hide a lot....

Please, can we stop resurrecting conspiracy theories? People aren't macro-ing. They are just performing well rehearsed burst combos. I'm on console, I've got no macros, but I can still completely delete people when things line up correctly.

Given the global cooldown, macros are not able to meaningfully increase a player's burst potential. Moreover, getting locked into a series of actions would be rather detrimental.
    Edited by MurderMostFoul on April 13, 2021 1:09PM
  • Jeremy
    Jeremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Nightblade.

My gear is not bad.

Outside BGs

Please, can we stop resurrecting conspiracy theories? People aren't macro-ing. They are just performing well rehearsed burst combos. I'm on console, I've got no macros, but I can still completely delete people when things line up correctly.

Given the global cooldown, macros are not able to meaningfully increase a player's burst potential. Moreover, getting locked into a series of actions would be rather detrimental.

Conspiracies my ___. They don't even deny it. lol
  • MurderMostFoul
    MurderMostFoul
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Nightblade.

My gear is not bad.

Outside BGs

Highly skilled players gain a competitive advantage if thier victims believe they are cheating. Such beliefs will keep the victim underperforming, rather than exploring and practicing ways to match the performance of the highly skilled player.
  • Jeremy
    Jeremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Nightblade.

My gear is not bad.

Outside BGs

Highly skilled players gain a competitive advantage if thier victims believe they are cheating. Such beliefs will keep the victim underperforming, rather than exploring and practicing ways to match the performance of the highly skilled player.

Most of them don't even think they're cheating... one of them told me macros were "aloud" and everyone uses them. haha

And it wasn't "detrimental" either I can tell you that. It doesn't exactly take a lot of skill to delete someone with a proc combo of doom when your target is dead before they can even react or do anything. Which is a fair description of this game's NP CP PvP right now in battlegrounds. It's absurd and the OP is 100% correct. The damage is just so over the top right now it's comical.
    Edited by Jeremy on April 13, 2021 2:09PM
  • WolfyRaps
    WolfyRaps
    ✭✭✭✭

Nightblade.

My gear is not bad.

Outside BGs

Most of them don't even think they're cheating... one of them told me macros were "aloud" and everyone uses them. haha

And it wasn't "detrimental" either I can tell you that. It doesn't exactly take a lot of skill to delete someone with a proc combo of doom when your target is dead before they can even react or do anything. Which is a fair description of this game's NP CP PvP right now in battlegrounds. It's absurd and the OP is 100% correct. The damage is just so over the top right now it's comical.

How can the damage be over the top when there are so many [snip] "unkillable builds"..

This is funny and I repeat what I said in another thread:

Instead of [snip], go to Bergama or Weyrest or any other dueling spots and duel for a couple of hours.. At the end of it I assure you that you will understand the game better even if in the begining you will get killed very fast by experienced duelers.. Some of them are actually nice and are willing to link you their build and give you tips on how to improve..

[edited for baiting]
    Edited by ZOS_Lunar on April 14, 2021 12:02PM
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

2-handed and 1h+shield

Pretty standard Cyrodiil build there.

For stamden particularly I would say Spriggans (2 body, 1 jewelry + 2h weapon front bar + shield back bar), Brass (5 body), Endurance (2 jewelry + 1h weapon back bar). Utilizing 1 trainee is an option as well (replace shield). If you don't have undaunted you can run 5 med, 2 heavy, or you can go either 5-1-1 or 4-2-1 if you do have undaunted maxed. Brass could be replaced with Beekeeper, that's pretty meta, but if you're still getting the hang of things then Brass is better for that.

Still would not compete in bgs unfortunately.
    • PC/NA
    • Karllotta, AD Magplar, AR 50
    • Hatched-In-Glacier, DC Magden, AR 44
    • Miraliys, EP Warden, AR 35
    • Kartalin, AD Stamblade, AR 35
    • Kallenna, AD Magcro, AR 34
    • Miralys, EP Magsorc, AR 34
    • Milthalas, EP Magblade, AR 34
    • Lemon Party - Meanest Girls - @ Kartalin - Youtube