The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

What if every CP Star could be Passive AND Slottable?

phaneub17_ESO
phaneub17_ESO
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
How this would work is that while Passive, unslotted the Stars will give 50% of its total effect. When you allocate and lock the Star into one of the 4 Slots you gain 100% of its effect.
  • Sahidom
    Sahidom
    ✭✭✭✭
    No - Blue tree
    No - Red tree
    Yes - Green tree since many nodes don't direcrly impact combat.

The restrictions on the blue and red tree are necessary barriers to manage the combat performance scaling, and by association scaling damage up/down and healing up/down from an ideal design perspective. You should not want to remove those barriers, as their also barriers to exploiting unintended synergies with sets and skills to reduce overperformance.
    Edited by Sahidom on March 27, 2021 7:49PM
  • Elo106
    Elo106
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The slots are there to decrease server load, so if you have the calculations going on anyway the slots lose their purpose.
    The green tree wouldnt have to be slotable cause those dont constantly calculate, I hope.
  • Sahidom
    Sahidom
    ✭✭✭✭
    Elo106 wrote: »
    The slots are there to decrease server load, so if you have the calculations going on anyway the slots lose their purpose.
    The green tree wouldnt have to be slotable cause those dont constantly calculate, I hope.

This may not be the case. For example. Thr proc set coding that created a broad umbrella of sets created under those calculations.

However, PVE performance is significantly different than PVP server performance; So switching the Harvest Time, for example, or actions improved treasure or furnishing plans shouldn't be too impactful since their activities not typical in Cyrodiil.
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sahidom wrote: »
    Elo106 wrote: »

This may not be the case. For example. Thr proc set coding that created a broad umbrella of sets created under those calculations.

However, PVE performance is significantly different than PVP server performance; So switching the Harvest Time, for example, or actions improved treasure or furnishing plans shouldn't be too impactful since their activities not typical in Cyrodiil.

It is the case as they straight up told us on the live stream showcasing cp 2.0. They did what they did due to the insane amount of checks the server did for every single action you did. I can't remember the guy's name but he said it might not be the silver bullet to fix performance but it is a step in the right direction for it. Honestly, with its introduction I did see a massive increase in server performance, but obviously there is still room for improvement.
    PC NA - Ceyanna Ashton - Breton Vampire MagDK
  • GrimTheReaper45
    GrimTheReaper45
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Id actually prefer more slotted and a few more slots 1-2