The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Streak

• master_vanargand
    master_vanargand
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    l2p is a magic word.
    Saying that makes you feel like you've won.
  • Merllow
    Merllow
    ✭✭✭
    recently died simply from the fact that a person pressed without stopping critical rush, he made it to me 9 times I don't understand what your problem is with a streak, this skill is sometimes useless. And the damage from this skill is too small to be called damage.
  • Sanguinor2
    Sanguinor2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Merllow wrote: »
    recently died simply from the fact that a person pressed without stopping critical rush, he made it to me 9 times I don't understand what your problem is with a streak, this skill is sometimes useless. And the damage from this skill is too small to be called damage.

If you had streaked through him once to cc him you wouldve lived btw and I dont think anyone takes issue with the damage of streak.
    Politeness is respecting others.
    Courage is doing what is fair.
    Modesty is speaking of oneself without vanity.
    Self control is keeping calm even when anger rises.
    Sincerity is expressing oneself without concealing ones thoughts.
    Honor is keeping ones word.
  • Oreyn_Bearclaw
    Oreyn_Bearclaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seraphayel wrote: »
    So you’re telling me Sorc is only strong in the no proc meta? It’s not like (Mag)Sorc has been the most overperforming class since the launch of the game in PvP. The dominance of Stamina is another point, but that’s not class related.

I wasn’t even debating for Streak to get nerfed, I just said that ZOS nerfed skills and removed additional functions but somehow forgot Steak, Arctic Blast and few others. There’s no reason why Templar‘s, DK‘s and Nightblade‘s toolkit has been gutted so Sorc, Warden and Necromancer can keep their overloaded skills.

Cant tell if you are suggesting that mag sorc has been the most overperforming class since launch based on the wording, but that would be a laughable statement bordering on the absurd.

Frags has been gutted and nerfed, Rune cage is unusable against stam players and any decent mag player because it is wildly telegraphed and dodegable, and has also been gutted. Streak as a stun requires a sorc to get into melee range, something that puts them at a massive disadvantage against most classes. It has also been gutted. It has a stack cost, a built in cooldown it didnt used to have, and has always suffered over uneven terrain. Sorcs also suffer from extremely cramped bars if they want to run pets (some of which have also been nerfed). Shields have been nerfed. I assure you, Sorc has been hit with the nerf hammer over the years as well.

Sorcs also stuggle against stamina players generally more than most magic classes because most of the burst combo is dodgeable. Sorcs struggle with pressure without pets, and half a sorc burst combo wont kill anything with a pulse.

Sorcs absolutely received a relative buff in the no -proc meta. I wont deny that. That is because they were the one class that needed to spec into stats to have any semblance of a defense, in other words, they were never able to take advantage of the proc meta like other classes because with out a ton of max magic, they were garbage. In simpler terms, sorc stayed put, and other classes fell a bit, some more than others. That said, by definition, they werent OP in both metas.

I play sorc more than most in PVP, but I have played every spec there is. Sorcs are never at the bottom of the barrel, but they aint at the top either. I am far less scared of a good sorc then most other classes. They excel and nuking pugs, and they are better than most classes at escaping. That is about it. Most of the forum rage is because of the first issue. They are good pug nukers because of ranged burst, not necessarily streak. Streak is a good escape tool, but it has counters. BOL is a better escape tool, but no stun. The best escape tool is nightblade cloak by a significant margin. If it wasnt for GO prospects, I would have ditched mag sorc a while ago. I am much stronger against good players on half a dozen other specs.

Edited by Oreyn_Bearclaw on March 30, 2021 7:38PM
  • Xargas13
    Xargas13
    ✭✭✭
    I just wish they increased the cost on it when you cast it more then once, right now even if you get sorc low, he will just streak away to the other corner of Tamriel.
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xargas13 wrote: »
    I just wish they increased the cost on it when you cast it more then once, right now even if you get sorc low, he will just streak away to the other corner of Tamriel.

We already have a cost increase on that skill for years now.
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
  • NordSwordnBoard
    NordSwordnBoard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    So you haven't.

It is relevant because you would lack half of the experience you need to completely judge a skill. You not only need to be on the recieving end but also use it yourself to fully understand the pros and cons of X, Y and Z in general.
    It's always easy to say [snip] when you never tried to pull it off by yourself and see what it actually takes to do so. Call it being unbiased if you wish. Also it's unpractical to judge skills in a vacuum.

Point b: [snip] Many skills where multifunctional until some special someones began to take issue with it because their favorite class didn't have the exact same toy. Ignoring the weaknessess of the other class out of clouded judgement. Bias, again.

[snip] tell me how well your streak get's you out of range, how much damage it does, how long you can sustain streaking on a stamsorc, which other stuns you would use against permadodgers or health tanks and especially how well this class works outside of once in a game's life no-proc period.

[Edited to remove Rude Comments]

The disadvantages of increasing the cost of Streak are negligible.
    No one can catch up with three Streak.
    And Sorc can escape with eternal Streak using with the Dark Exchange.

Then maybe you should use a gapcloser. And not a single one of them has ramping up costs. Streak also won't prevent ranged damage. BoL does.
    BTW stamsorcs exist too. Do you even know what 3 streaks costs in total?

I used the sword n shield gap closer to follow and kill 3 streaking sorcs last night. Streak gets more expensive, mine does not, is cheap to cast, also stuns the target. Oh, it also gives me a little shield every cast as well. Since this comes from a weapon line, any stam can use it.
    Fear is the Mindkiller
  • relentless_turnip
    relentless_turnip
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Xargas13 wrote: »

It increases in cost by 33% each time you cast it.
    Edited by relentless_turnip on March 31, 2021 3:54PM
  • Ezorus
    Ezorus
    ✭✭✭
    Here here, its sorcs most over tuned skill.. escape, gap closer, damage, stun, big fat hit box, pulls you out of stealth
  • Septimus_Magna
    Septimus_Magna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    NBs have fear which is unblockable too, right?

I am wondering what stun you would expect sorcs to use, cfrags doesnt stun and using something like flame reach removes the aspect of timing the moment to stun because its used as spammable.
    PC - EU (AD)
    Septimus Mezar - Altmer Sorcerer
    Septimus Rulanir - Orsimer Templar
    Septimus Desmoru - Khajiit Necromancer
    Septimus Iroh - Dunmer Dragon Knight
    Septimus Thragar - Dunmer Nightblade
    Septimus Jah'zar - Khajiit Nightblade
    Septimus Nerox - Redguard Warden
    Septimus Ozurk - Orsimer Sorcerer
  • Ryuvain
    Ryuvain
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A magic class that actually has a chance to get away from stam? Blasphemy. It may be annoying, but sorcs REALLY need that for mobility and survivability. Shields don't stop someone spamming you with dswings.

I'm guessing from the comments that most here haven't actually played magsorc? What else do you want them to do? Facetank while using a mag spammable in melee range?
    That one khajiit obsessed with werewolf behemoth and vampire lord. Lady Thorn is bae, dont @ me.
    Werewolf behemoth=vampire lord>blood scion>werewolf>vampire.
  • master_vanargand
    master_vanargand
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I am wondering what stun you would expect sorcs to use, cfrags doesnt stun and using something like flame reach removes the aspect of timing the moment to stun because its used as spammable.

NB's Aspect of Terror does not gap close or escape.
    To be honest, not many people use the Aspect of Terror in NB.
  • Ezorus
    Ezorus
    ✭✭✭

NB's Aspect of Terror does not gap close or escape.
    To be honest, not many people use the Aspect of Terror in NB.

Because it got nerfed to the ground like most of our kit, Aspect lost maim and was capped at a number of enemies, ambush lost the stun then the snare, shade decreased range, relentless messed around, Surprise attack requires flanking, soul teather a cast time, incap never lands and the other ult doesn't exist