The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

No burst + no proc = no kills

• xDeusEJRx
    xDeusEJRx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Many a time have I turned a fight around even after they got a wombo combo on me as their opener... I'm not saying it's easy, I'm saying:
    1. Your not out of the fight tell your out of the fight.
    2. Never discount the smallest advantage.
    3. Bully the weak.
    4. Never be in a position of weakness

That how pvp works and complaining about it only show that these four rules are really hard to enact in practice. But if you adamantly practice at them, you'll become better.

This is definitely the case, even more so this patch. I've been in near-death situations in PVp having literally 800 health left but because my stats are high enough I get 10-14k heals on some of my toons and I can turn around the fight and kill others. There's even been times where my dots ticking have finished off other players for me so I don't have to. Targeting the weak too is inevitable, gotta seek out the squishy and take them down first to thin out the numbers, while not letting down your buffs so you can't be exploited either
    Solo PvP'er PS5 NA player

90% of my body is made of Magblade
  • TheAlphaRaider
    TheAlphaRaider
    ✭✭✭
    My question is how has PVP performance gotten worse as your game has fewer and fewer pvp players every year? You never release new pvp content. Horrible. Such a waste of good and for the most part balanced pvp system. If you think I am wrong, compare it to currently successful MMOs of today. GW2 and ESO are easily the most balanced - skill based pvp - mmorpg games. If they aren't, tell me which is, because I am at a loss.
  • Firstmep
    Firstmep
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    nesakinter wrote: »
    Nope, that will lead to a DoT meta. Just nerf procs and call it a day.

What's wrong with a dot meta? Maybe not everyone wants to play 1-2-3 burst type of builds.

Templar is the best example, as jabs really lend towards more of a pressure playstyle, but sadly you can't really back that pressure up with strong dots.

Dot builds if they can ramp up enough dmg can be the perfect counter to block, which is one the most overtuned defensive mechanics in the game. Same for dodgeroll.

Ever since the great dot nerf patch, most of them are not worth running unless you have some set or gimmick that makes them stronger like masters dw.

On a 6k wpd build with deadly strike as well, rending slashes dot will barely tick for 1k every 2 seconds.

Just look at how strong dot procs are compared to that, it's insane.
    Sheuib wrote: »
    [snip] Show me a 2h warden that isn't casting flies dot and I'll show you [snip] missing out on 5% dmg. Each dot has functionality and low damage... and if you have friends that damage can add up quick if not dealt with. But dots can't replace main spammables that's sole purpose is generally just damage, that would up end the balance of skill. Understand why you should have a dot on your build but over reliance on any one type of damage is overboard. You only have 10 skills slotted, [snip] three different spammables that all just do damage with no utility... wasteful [snip]. But have a dot, an aoe and a spammable and now you got a build.

So, you're suggesting it is that dot that is killing the person and not the warden spamming dizzying swing in combination with subterranean assault. Sure the extra damage is nice but let's be real it is the burst combination that is killing the person. Flies just make the burst more effective. The damage is pitiful.

Absolutely, you do not know what will remove that last hitpoint. A player with 1 hit point can kill you, no intelligent person dismisses damage simply because it doesn't have big numbers. That warden will hit flies, sub assualt and dizzy swing to hit you with all three and have wings for 10% extra damage. And if he doesn't kill you, them your free to heal, shield, ect. The damage he's done. This is basic concepts. Pressure is pressure and dot have a role in that but they're not meant to be burst and neither of those are aoe. It's why you have three options in cp to increase damage. Use your skills properly and you won't have any problems.

[snip]

[Edited to remove Baiting]

LOL.
    There is such a thing as opportunity cost, if a dot deals too little dmg, than you can literally be better off not wasting a global cooldown to even cast it.
    But even the secondary effects on dot skills aren't balanced properly.
    Wardens get minor vuln, which isn't widely available debuff, while templars get major prophecy xD...