The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Buy Radiants with Gems Now Thank You ZOS!!!!

Zyva
Zyva
✭✭✭✭✭
Can we all say thank you Hallelujah!!! Anyone else see that with the new Ayleid crates, we can buy the radiant with gems?! no clue how much they will charge us with gems, but I am WAY MORE LKELY to buy crates knowing i can cash in my gems for the radiant I want!!
Zyvä (Nightblade) ~ Purricâne (Sorcerer) ~ Boñfürr (Dragonknight) ~ Cätnïp (Warden) ~ Boñespùrr (Necromancer)~ Catsänova (Templar)
  • scorpius2k1
    scorpius2k1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree. This is a fair move, and no doubt an experiment for ZOS. Granted, I would rather everything in a crate be outright available for Crowns and Gems be an in-game earnable item. But this is in a perfect world... and this is ESO we're talking about. I am going to guess somewhere in the neighborhood of 1200-2000 💎 for radiant Apex.
    🌎 PC/NA
    🐧 Linux (Arch)
    🧑‍💻 ESO Addon Dev
    ⚔️ Stamplar | Magplar | Stamcro | Magsorc | Magcro Healer
  • Subfocus
    Subfocus
    ✭✭
    To me it feels like a harder cash grab, because now some will be buying crates to just rack up enough gems to purchase one of those mounts, which will, without a doubt increase sales on the crates. But people did this before, anyways, just probably not on this level.

But it is ZOS, nothing bad can happen in the end.
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Subfocus wrote: »
    To me it feels like a harder cash grab, because now some will be buying crates to just rack up enough gems to purchase one of those mounts, which will, without a doubt increase sales on the crates. But people did this before, anyways, just probably not on this level.

Maybe, but it’s still better for us than having no option besides RNG. At least there is a hard cap to how many crowns required to get the radiant apex, no obligation to get it. Some people have a lot of gems saved up and nothing to spend them on.
    Edited by WrathOfInnos on March 15, 2021 9:28PM
  • bluebird
    bluebird
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    radiantapex.png
    Yeah, I had to come to the forums to double-check I didn't read that wrong. :lol:
    Direct-purchase Radiant Apex mounts??? :hushed: ZOS is actively making their crates less scammy? That's HUGE! 👍

It was already great that they changed their Crown Store rotation this year, bringing back more Crate Seasons, Houses, and older items in the past 3 months than what was the norm in previous years. And now they make RA mounts directly purchasable too? Wow! (Plus they also included the Resplendent Sweetroll in the Apex drop list which rarely appears but is always nice - it gives you 400 gems so you can spend it on whatever you want instead of getting a mount you wish you could decon, or get a mount type you hate).

I foresee some trouble with the pricing of the Radiant Apexes, and I'm sure the forums will blow a gasket when they see how much ZOS is trying to sell them for. Apex is 400gems, random Crown Gem exclusives are 600gems, Radiant Apex has to be way higher than that :grimace: So there will be quite a lot of rage directed at ZOS regarding the prices anyway I think, but even if it's an outrageously high price, it's still better on principle, and the ability to buy things directly (like GW2, Swtor, etc have been doing for years) is an improvement.
  • HappyTheCamper
    HappyTheCamper
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I think it has more to do with the new Microsoft/Bethesda deal becoming official. They require everything in loot boxes to be available in more ways than just cash, or something along those lines.
  • Starlock
    Starlock
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I think it has more to do with the new Microsoft/Bethesda deal becoming official. They require everything in loot boxes to be available in more ways than just cash, or something along those lines.

This seems likely. Credit where credit is due - this is a step in a better direction.

Ideally, the gambling in this game will be gutted to the point of it being non-predatory before too long. There are lots of ways this can be done, ranging from never allowing players to draw duplicates, fully refunding 100% of duplicate costs as gems, allowing any and all unwanted rewards to be traded in, putting crates back into daily rewards again, enabling gems and/or crates to be earned through actual gameplay, creating a proper gold-to-crowns/gems exchange, etc.

Ethical monetization isn't hard - especially when one is bankrolled by a megacorp.
  • FaylenSol
    FaylenSol
    ✭✭✭✭
    A very welcomed change. I hope more steps are made by ZOS to restore integrity to the crown store. I don't oppose a cash shop or loot boxes so long as they are done with the consumer's best interests in mind.

Do what's right and more people will spend money.
  • Ringing_Nirnroot
    Ringing_Nirnroot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Now to wait for new moon crates to come back so I get the Sanguivoria howler mount :D
  • M_Volsung
    M_Volsung
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wish they'd do it now, there's a dwarven mount I've been wanting for years.
    "In the Deep Halls, Far from Men;
    Forsaken Red Mountain, Twisted Kin;
    Hail the Mind, Hail the Stone;
    Dwarven Pride, Stronger than Bone"

—Dwemer Inquiries I-III, Thelwe Ghelein
  • ZOS_ConnorG
    Greetings all,

After review we have closed this thread as there is another thread about this topic already. If you wish to continue this discussion you may do so on the other thread located here.
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.