The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Have you purchased race changes?

Pallio
Pallio
✭✭✭✭✭
With the changes to races, curious if people have already switched to a better race.

Have you purchased race changes? 60 votes

Already switched to RP a tail and better DPS.
26%
KayshafioskalSeaUnicornhexnoticYlikollikasPallioRunefangNegativeVibesTPishekStarlight_KnightThePedgehands0medevilIshtarknowsstefj68IAmIcehousekindnuguz 16 votes
No I love my sub par dps too much
73%
BlueRavenvailjohn_ESOMurderMostFoulwenchmore420b14_ESONirntrotterlolo_01b16_ESOdanno8WolfpawElsonsoStreegamitebaXuhoraMyrnhielFischblutRaddlemanNumber7cyberjanetAntonShanAnyronLadislaoDeep_01 44 votes
  • Ishtarknows
    Ishtarknows
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Console user here so I've not got the patch yet, but I've already got 4 race changes waiting to go. Not spent any ££ but it would have been nice to have a couple of complimentary race changes
  • Ryuvain
    Ryuvain
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What about us who liked khajiit already and didn't follow meta?
    RP a tail? Really? You could just play a race because you like them.
    That one khajiit obsessed with werewolf behemoth and vampire lord. Lady Thorn is bae, dont @ me.
    Werewolf behemoth=vampire lord>blood scion>werewolf>vampire.
  • FantasticFreddie
    FantasticFreddie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    My only dps was already a khajit, because when necros were shiny and new I didn't know if I would want to go mag or stam, so picked a race that could do either.
  • Juhasow
    Juhasow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If they would give some discount in crown store (as they should imo) I would propably race change breton and redguard on 2 of my characters.
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The poll options are dumb. I create characters that I like and passives are one of the things I take into consideration when deciding build, role, etc. I have two khajiit characters, one a tank and the other mostly a thief as I experimented with what else I might do with them in PvP or PvE. With the changes, I’m going to see how good of damage I can do with them in a very crit focused meta-maybe build. I don’t feel that any of my characters have become bad now; maybe the sustain of my Breton healer isn’t so unique but he hasn’t become bad at his role and even if Breton had been nerfed to be only fit for civilian roles, I would still keep him as one of my support crafters and master chef and not change who he is. Other than those, I play elves because they are my favorite; each may or may not be BiS at their particular class and role but none were poor choices before and none are now either.

And I am working on my DPS, thank you. The things I need to improve as a player will make far far more difference than the relatively small edge from making sure I have BiS race.

TL;DR No, I love my characters too much. That doesn’t mean that I don’t value DPS or doing well in whichever roles I take on, only that it is not the be-all end-all for which I sacrifice all else.
  • Bodycounter
    Bodycounter
    ✭✭✭✭
    [snip]

I have played High Elf, Khajiit and Imperial pretty much since launch. The changes were so small i did not see any reason to change my race on any character.

I once thought about trying out an Orc, Stamina Sorcerer with Critical Surge, Ring of the Pale Order and the racial passive healing but i can't stand the looks of Orcs, so whatever.

[Edited for Baiting/Insulting Commentary]
    Edited by ZOS_Mika on March 18, 2021 1:11PM
  • OneWingedAnge7
    OneWingedAnge7
    ✭✭✭
    I have been a day 1 Wood Elf Nightblade and a Orc Stamsorc for over 6 years. Also made a High Elf Nightblade somewhere between them. Nothing will change, they all do their jobs very well as I'm not a dumb dumb. :)
  • DarcyMardin
    DarcyMardin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yes. Yesterday. I switched a Nord to an Imperial (tank). No tails for me.
  • catnamedwill
    catnamedwill
    ✭✭✭
    Always been a Khajiit :)
  • Dojohoda
    Dojohoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Fan of playing magblade since 2015. (PC NA)
    Might be joking in comments.
    -->(((Cyrodiil)))<--
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The only race change token I've used is one of the freebies we got when stealth was taken away from Bosmers.

Hence my Khajit stamblade thief Grumpy Ex Wood Elf.
  • Runefang
    Runefang
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I know Altmer/Dunmer/Khajiit are so close that it didnt really matter but its fun to be a kitty now.
  • Dojohoda
    Dojohoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Being a fan of Magicka Nightblade, which is what I use for dps'ing, I already have a Khajiit, and Altmer, Dunmer, Argonian, Bosmer, ... So, I guess I'm covered this time around.
    Fan of playing magblade since 2015. (PC NA)
    Might be joking in comments.
    -->(((Cyrodiil)))<--
  • Juhasow
    Juhasow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Actually when I think about this wasn't race change token discounted by 50% last year in 2nd half of march ? Would be nice to get that promotion back.
  • FinrodMacBeorn
    FinrodMacBeorn
    ✭✭✭
    I switched my stuff from my Breton main sorc to my Altmer alt copy which I grew some time ago. Before the patch, the ressource class Breton was competitive with the damage class Altmer as with the latter I had to invest something (e.g. food) into ressource gain. After the patch, no problems with ressources at all, and the corresponding classes (in particular Breton, Redguard) have become obsolete, as their damage is now roughly 4% less than that of the damage classes.

4% seems to be not too much, but it is a lot compared to other build advantages for which people are investing a lot of time, e.g. for farming gear, if they want to improve.
  • TPishek
    TPishek
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    my family of 4 burned through all of our stimulus money having to buy 18 race changes each due to balance changes, now we are in debt with loan sharks. thanks zos. :'(
  • cyberjanet
    cyberjanet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't understand the concept of changing race. Class change now, that I would consider.
    Favourite NPC: Wine-For-All
    Mostly PC-EU , with a lonely little guy on NA.
  • Arjuna1696
    Arjuna1696
    ✭✭✭
    I just love that the dps difference between races is MUCH less significant than it used to be. A ~5% penalty for using a sub-par dps race as opposed to up to 10%. So no I have not done any race changes.
    Arjúna | Wood Elf Stamina Warden | of the Undying Song | Flawless Conquerer
    Tangles-Up-In-Blue | Argonian Magicka Warden | Spirit Slayer | Flawless Conquerer
    Marcełine | Dark Elf Magicka Nightblade | Spirit Slayer | Flawless Conquerer
    Nausîcaä | Breton Magicka Templar | Spirit Slayer | Flawless Conquerer
  • Canned_Apples
    Canned_Apples
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No.
    I choose races with the most sex appeal for magicka or stamina builds.
    Breton and imperial.
    Sexy appeal > meta
  • SeaUnicorn
    SeaUnicorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Arjuna1696 wrote: »
    I just love that the dps difference between races is MUCH less significant than it used to be. A ~5% penalty for using a sub-par dps race as opposed to up to 10%. So no I have not done any race changes.

Right. I think it is even less that 5% between altmer/dark elf and khajit at the moment, orcs are not far behind
    (for mag and stam very bizzare :D). So unless you are score pushing in hyper optimized group there is no reason to waste money imo. I only swapped toons that I plan to do competitive raiding on.
  • Jayroo
    Jayroo
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've considered switching my dark elf to bosmer for the extra pen in hm dungeons, but never considered khajiit
    The critical increase for is ok, but I feel safer with my 258 damage increase and moderately diverse race roster (I already have a couple khajiit)

It's only a matter of time before they nerf khajiit passives and buff Argonian passives and people are gunna feel real silly with their 11 cats
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, and I don't have sub par DPS because I play a Breton. Been dodging major changes for years since our passives are fair and lore friendly. I hope I didn't just jinx it.
    PC NA - Ceyanna Ashton - Breton Vampire MagDK