The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Cyrodiil is dead

WolfyRaps
WolfyRaps
✭✭✭✭
So for the first time in more than a week I tried the "no proc" Cyrodiil again. I went in with my stamcro to get my tier one geod so I didn't even bothered to change my "proc" gear that of course does not work, but who the hell cares.

The campaign is completly empty! This was never the case before at noon in the weekend, during the pandemic. There are almost no groups going and the map is completly stale.

So i played some solo to farm my tier 1. I took some resources then I went to Bruma and killed 3 nubs to solo take it.. [snip]
Then I rided to Bleakers and started to solo take it. There was literelly nobody around... When I got the gate to half a StamDk came and we began to duel. And we dueled and we dueled for about 10 minutes until we both gave up and we started waving and dancing.. This "no proc" pvp is so much fun!!

Then went to Chal and took some more resources until I got ran over by a train of 3 sorcs in a team... Fun stuff..

Then I rezed at Sej and started riding to Alessia.. On the bridge I met another DK lost in the middle of a dead campaign and we dueled again for 10 minutes until we got bored, waved and we went our merry ways...

So this is the state "no proc" Cyro at the moment. An empty dead campaign where all duels end in stealmates and faction stacking is the only way to play the game.. If this "test" will continue for a couple more months it will make this game mode unpopular beyond recovery..

So @ZOS_GinaBruno , @ZOS_BrianWheeler please acknowledge your mistake and revert Cyrodiil to the way it was before.. Where good players will still kill bad players but at least people will play it. Cyro was a core part of ESO since the begining. Please do not let it disappear !

[Edited to remove Bashing]
Edited by ZOS_ConnorG on March 14, 2021 3:37PM
  • Ranger209
    Ranger209
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Queue was 90 when I got on last night in PC NA GH for DC at 10 pm EST.
  • WolfyRaps
    WolfyRaps
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ranger209 wrote: »

Preatty sure they drastically reduced the cap in order to hide the obvious thing that nobody is playing Cyro atm..
    [Quoted post was removed]

I made it as a recount of one hour of gameplay of a disapointed veteran PVPer in Cyro atm.. I don't thing there is anything to brag about stalemate duels.. They are just annoying and make me not want to step foot in Cyro again..
    Edited by ZOS_ConnorG on March 14, 2021 3:40PM
  • xDeusEJRx
    xDeusEJRx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    WolfyRaps wrote: »
    The campaign is completly empty! This was never the case before at noon in the weekend, during the pandemic. There are almost no groups going and the map is completly stale.

"no cp campaign "

This seems to check out to me. Just saying you went into a no cp campaign which is usually dead prior to the no proc tests anyway. No CP has been dead for ages, I highly doubt this is even a fair assessment of PVP.

Edited by xDeusEJRx on March 13, 2021 2:08PM
    Solo PvP'er PS5 NA player

90% of my body is made of Magblade
  • WolfyRaps
    WolfyRaps
    ✭✭✭✭
    xDeusEJRx wrote: »

"no cp campaign "

This seems to check out to me. Just saying you went into a no cp campaign which is usually dead prior to the no proc tests anyway. No CP has been dead for ages, I highly doubt this is even a fair assessment of PVP.

Wrong. The other campaign CP unlocked was and still is very dead.. The no CP campaign used to be very active..
  • techyeshic
    techyeshic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just as busy as ever when I've been on.
  • CSose
    CSose
    ✭✭✭✭

Que was 6 at 10pm eastern last night, friday night for PC NA grey host.
  • vesselwiththepestle
    vesselwiththepestle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    On PC/EU, the no CP campaign (Ravenwatch) is pretty big. That is why many EU players regularly ask for faction-lock on Ravenwatch. AFAIK this is an outlier on PC/EU, though, with the CP campaign bigger on other systems / servers.
    1000+ CP
    PC/EU Ravenwatch Daggerfall Covenant

Give me my wings back!
  • WolfyRaps
    WolfyRaps
    ✭✭✭✭
    On PC/EU, the no CP campaign (Ravenwatch) is pretty big. That is why many EU players regularly ask for faction-lock on Ravenwatch. AFAIK this is an outlier on PC/EU, though, with the CP campaign bigger on other systems / servers.

Was pretty big.. Now is a ghost town as I described above..
  • techyeshic
    techyeshic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    CSose wrote: »

It was 70 at 11 EST for me and people were in Black reach. Maybe just DC and that's why AD and EP pop went down there as they got in to GH
  • katorga
    katorga
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Everyone is farming CP.

But yeah, no-proc was fun for a while, now I'm bored. No sets but keep the bad performance. Not a great trade.

Supposedly performance is better with CP2.0....
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sure, theorycrafting is about as fun as reading last weeks newspaper, but its better then the proccmeta we had pre-test. I just hope they find a good balance with the middleground come june's patch.

PC EU
    PvP only
  • Guizan
    Guizan
    ✭✭✭
    I would not say that it is dead during the time I play in Cyrodiil and I see large groups on all factions admittedly I see more large groups on my faction but that is because I know through zone chat where my factions groups are.
  • colossalvoids
    colossalvoids
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Pc eu no cp queue is 40 rn, seems dead right.
  • Guizan
    Guizan
    ✭✭✭
    Pc eu no cp queue is 40 rn, seems dead right.

I would expect no CP campaigns gaining lots of people who all of a sudden feel under-CPd with the 2.0 system...
  • FENGRUSH
    FENGRUSH
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Cyro has been emptier outside of prime time hours. During prime time there are ques and you can hop in line. Doesnt disprove it's been generally emptier outside of those hours. I had the same issue all week. Tough to say with new patches, but a lot of people are stopping playing atm itd seem.
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A lot less zone chat, less players seen, less action on the map. That's my experience with PC/NA Gray Host since the novelty of the test wore off after the first week or so.

I don't pay much attention to the pop cap bars, as it seems they are regularly adjusting the population, and certainly the code for the bars themselves can be modified with ease. I do notice that I get straight into a 'locked" instance without a queue since the start of the test a lot more often, too.
    RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not sure what server you’re on, but PC NA Blackreach and Ravenwatch seem busy when I’m on, as much as before taking the time of day / night into consideration.
    Edited by Araneae6537 on March 14, 2021 4:27AM
  • rbfrgsp
    rbfrgsp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Friday night prime time faction lock, but queue was one person. Got in and it was a ghost town. Got a lancer lead and left to dig it up, forgetting about the lock. Immediately re-queued and queue was zero - had to refuse entry as I had not even got to the lead site at that point.

Once inside, the zone is the quietest it has ever been. 25v25 is the largest battle you will see. Sieges are 10 minute encounters not 90 minute epics.
  • Chief_Wiggums
    Chief_Wiggums
    ✭✭
    This was a beautifully written post. I could almost envision it in my mind as i was reading it.
  • Fawn4287
    Fawn4287
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Then I rided to Bleakers and started to solo take it. There was literelly nobody around... When I got the gate to half a StamDk came and we began to duel. And we dueled and we dueled for about 10 minutes until we both gave up and we started waving and dancing.. This "no proc" pvp is so much fun!!

Two players lacking both the damage and skill to kill each other, if anything it sounds like builds without damage don’t do damage, more complaints about not liking balance.
  • TineaCruris
    TineaCruris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The no proc "test" is not about proc sets. It's about performance. Performance is not better without all the sets we paid for dlc's and worked so hard to get. So there is no reason to restrict us.

The proc discussion is getting totally off track. This issue is about fixing performance, which has not happened even with the restrictions.
  • techyeshic
    techyeshic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The no proc "test" is not about proc sets. It's about performance. Performance is not better without all the sets we paid for dlc's and worked so hard to get. So there is no reason to restrict us.

The proc discussion is getting totally off track. This issue is about fixing performance, which has not happened even with the restrictions.

Test is over. It absolutely is now about proc sets or not.
  • Soul_Demon
    Soul_Demon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think the very best part of this whole thing has to be the forum posters who don't know we can see their start date, condescend to others about balance in the game as though they were experts in the area and followed each change over the years. The need to protect your preferred play-style and class' over time that the community has seen as overpowered (or even skills) has brought some of the best forum entertainment......and of course some of the best of it is names no one knows who are 'splainin' how things work to others and why their opinion on this stuff is gospel. Always seeming to insinuate that they carry some superior skills and if others don't like whatever the 'current' thing they rail against is, [snip]

Odd, you would think its much better to simply listen to others opinions and either keep your own or possibly view things from a different perspective. But the need to respond, sometimes for some of these posters 5, 6, 7 times in EVERY thread on the subject clearly shows they are not playing the game at the very least (forum warrior PvP experts)---and probably way too invested in the opinions of others to offer insight into any other play-style or direction the game should go.

[Edited to remove Baiting]
    Edited by ZOS_ConnorG on March 14, 2021 4:03PM
  • Sheuib
    Sheuib
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes. I have converted to playing in IC mostly now. I can still use all my gear and my CP. It is a good time.
  • SshadowSscale
    SshadowSscale
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Actually it is about carry sets being told good now.... this is not about the lag anymore and completely about carry oh wait I mean "skill " sets.... seriously the whine about people losing the carry armor just shows how bad 90 precent of the pvp player base is having to crutch on them
  • aetherial_heavenn
    aetherial_heavenn
    ✭✭✭✭

Queue was 60 for me 7.30 pm USEST Sat night NA Greyhost DC ....45 minutes to get in.

3 AD guilds were also on: there were 30-40 AD faction stacking Roe/Nick and attacking Rayles and at least 2 full raids of EP at Chal pushing Bleakers an hour later. (Capt Morgan was streaming if you want to verify numbers.)

Weird how we got huge queues each night this week US time and those of you in this thread with the bring back proc agenda didn't.......
    Quoted for truth
    "In my experience, the elite ones have not been very toxic, and the toxic ones not very elite." WrathOfInnos
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Queue was 60 for me 7.30 pm USEST Sat night NA Greyhost DC ....45 minutes to get in.

3 AD guilds were also on: there were 30-40 AD faction stacking Roe/Nick and attacking Rayles and at least 2 full raids of EP at Chal pushing Bleakers an hour later. (Capt Morgan was streaming if you want to verify numbers.)

Weird how we got huge queues each night this week US time and those of you in this thread with the bring back proc agenda didn't.......

A lot of bandwagoners flipped to DC after the last campaign, you guys are the most likely to be poplocked at any given time.

I can't speak to your experience, only my own. And our numbers are down since the test.
    RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
  • WolfyRaps
    WolfyRaps
    ✭✭✭✭
    Soul_Demon wrote: »
    I think the very best part of this whole thing has to be the forum posters who don't know we can see their start date, condescend to others about balance in the game as though they were experts in the area and followed each change over the years. The need to protect your preferred play-style and class' over time that the community has seen as overpowered (or even skills) has brought some of the best forum entertainment......and of course some of the best of it is names no one knows who are 'splainin' how things work to others and why their opinion on this stuff is gospel. Always seeming to insinuate that they carry some superior skills and if others don't like whatever the 'current' thing they rail against is, it must be a LTP issue. Again, with tags that are a year old......too funny man.

Odd, you would think its much better to simply listen to others opinions and either keep your own or possibly view things from a different perspective. But the need to respond, sometimes for some of these posters 5, 6, 7 times in EVERY thread on the subject clearly shows they are not playing the game at the very least (forum warrior PvP experts)---and probably way too invested in the opinions of others to offer insight into any other play-style or direction the game should go.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/564429/zoss-decision-on-procs-and-how-i-think-they-should-go-forward#first

Whenever anyone asks for sugestions on how to improve Cyro I'll link this. Im not in the mood and I dont have time to write such a long post. But people who are PVP experts and take the time to write long informative posts should be listened ti.
    Galarthor wrote: »
    Fawn4287 wrote: »

Two players lacking both the damage and skill to kill each other, if anything it sounds like builds without damage don’t do damage, more complaints about not liking balance.

Yes, 2 cancer builds battling each other. Just now the cancer is gone and you can't be a tank-dps-healer anymore.

I mean people die faster than ever, and here you have these 2 guys not killing anything. With one of them even admitting he still wears the same proc sets. Which goes to show, he was carried by proc sets the whole time .... as so many noobs in Cyrodiil. And now they cried loud enough that they get their set carry back sooner.

[snip] The stalemates are agains tanky competent players. Without serious gear enabled those duels cannot end.

[Edited to remove Baiting]
    Edited by ZOS_ConnorG on March 14, 2021 4:07PM
  • jhharvest
    jhharvest
    ✭✭✭
    I can kill nubs forums whiners just fine. As a metter of fact I killed about 10 of them dorin my one hour run. The stalemates are agains tanky competent players. Without serious gear enabled those duels cannot end.
    Okay, so you aren't asking for more damage as you can kill regular people just fine. You are asking for tanking to be nerfed.

We have two options. Either tanking means that you can take a beating unless against overwhelming odds, or tanking means that you can take a beating for a good while but will eventually run out of resources. We currently have option 1. It seems that your main concern is that you cannot in a duel kill a tank. So you're asking that ZOS implements option 2 where resource regen and healing is nerfed so tanks will die eventually even in a regular fight.

• WolfyRaps
    WolfyRaps
    ✭✭✭✭
    jhharvest wrote: »
    I can kill nubs forums whiners just fine. As a metter of fact I killed about 10 of them dorin my one hour run. The stalemates are agains tanky competent players. Without serious gear enabled those duels cannot end.
    Okay, so you aren't asking for more damage as you can kill regular people just fine. You are asking for tanking to be nerfed.

We have two options. Either tanking means that you can take a beating unless against overwhelming odds, or tanking means that you can take a beating for a good while but will eventually run out of resources. We currently have option 1. It seems that your main concern is that you cannot in a duel kill a tank. So you're asking that ZOS implements option 2 where resource regen and healing is nerfed so tanks will die eventually even in a regular fight.

@ZOS_GinaBruno, @ZOS_BrianWheeler

I am asking for my complete kit from before the "non proc" nonsense when I could kill almost anyone and even dry full tanks of resources in a reasonable time. And I wish for other people to have the possibility to gear just like me, with the best in slot gear available in the game, and let the skill decide the winner.

I am also asking to revert to the time when Cyro was populated. It is absolutely not normal for two people to duel undisturbed for 10 minutes in front of Bleakers or on the Alessia bridge, two of the places with most trafic in a non dead campaign..

Edited by WolfyRaps on March 14, 2021 10:05AM
This discussion has been closed.