The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

What is best way to farm Zircon plating?

jane_01215
jane_01215
✭✭
Hi,

I need 9 Zircon plating to upgrade dungeon set jewels. I am wondering what could be the fastest way to get them. Should I harvest platinum dusts and refine them? or farm an easy veteran dungeon or dolmens for purple jewels and deconstruct them? or just farm gold by other means and buy from guild store or maybe do something else? Which way will be faster and how long does it take in average for 1 Zircon plating?

Thanks in advance.

• Matchimus
    Matchimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Which jewel set?
  • SgtWinnie
    SgtWinnie
    ✭✭✭
    A lot of people farm Dolmens, like the dreaded Alik'r Desert route. You'll end up with all color of jewels you could sell the green/blue ones to further help pay for your Zircon.
    Some people also hunt overland chests.
    And as you mentioned Dungeons and/or farming nodes.
    You could do a little of all of them.

If you do decide to do this please make sure you have the extraction passives in JC maxed out. I'm sure the Meticulous Disassembly would also benefit this but TM or some other clued on person could answer that.

I wish you luck and good hunting!
  • deleted221106-002999
    deleted221106-002999
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Farm gold and buy.

While farming gold obviously deconstruct any purple jewellery you find, making sure all appropriate passives and cp stars are applied. Also, post WTB requests in zone chat - places like alik'r are usually busy with dolmen grinders so lots of purple jewellery will be incidentally generated and level of item doesn't matter when deconstructing.

I think there's a pvp set in cyrodiil (bruma vendor?) that's mainly jewellery (eagle eye - might be other, too, can't recall) so if you have ap to spend that's an option.

First random dungeon of the day has a fair chance of dropping purple agility, willpower, endurance jewellery.

And any vet dungeon can possibly drop purple jewellery.

Not sure about the newer drop rates - I think @tmbrinks calculated ~12.5% increase in refined mats with the new cp meticulous dissassembly star. Check out other posts by @tmbrinks for drop rates of purple jewellery mats from crafting dailies.

But farm gold and buy is probably the 'fastest' way.

Good luck.

• jane_01215
    jane_01215
    ✭✭
    Matchimus wrote: »
    Which jewel set?

Hollowfang Thirst
  • Matchimus
    Matchimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Apologies in advance for the figures I am using below as they are rough estimates.

A zircon plate costs about 50k in gold so 450k needed in total. That will tell you no matter how you go about it, it will take time. So is the upgrade worth the investment? Are your weapons gold as imo that would be a better investment to start with. Is it easier to secure purple jewelry for the other set?

If you still wish to go for it, do it in stages. Aim for 3 plate to upgrade one piece of jewelry as the quality of your pieces are averaged. One upgrade will still give an increase to the stats. Then move onto the next one.

Assuming you have optimum jewelry skills for deconstruction, i think u might get a grain from 66% of rings (I reckon I get better than 50% anyway). So a minimum 135 rings are need to get 90 grains. Vet dungeons might average 1, so 135 dungeons. From the odd times I have done dolmens, maybe 1 was dropping every 10; alot of blue & green which does earn gold; could maybe run a few to work out a average gold estimate per dolmen from gold & drops; would also gain experience.

If u are going to harvest nodes, do you have a efficient (fast) farming setup? Got a route? This could be a better option because gold grains come into play which you could sell.

After saying all that, I just go about doing what I like doing in game because most of the time I am steadily accumulating gold while I do that. Do you want to heal or spend time collection nodes?

Good luck.
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A combination of doing daily crafting writs on multiple characters and doing veteran pledges does it for me. Doing a regular daily random normal dungeon through the group finder system also gives an option to receive purple jewellery. I personally don't think dolmens are such a good options since they tend to drop green and blue jewellery much more often.
  • Septimus_Magna
    Septimus_Magna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I get a lot of purple jewelry from doing dailies, if you go to the new zones the motifs can also be sold for a good price. It also helps to have the Treasure Hunter CP passive while looting overland and dungeons chests.
    PC - EU (AD)
    Septimus Mezar - Altmer Sorcerer
    Septimus Rulanir - Orsimer Templar
    Septimus Desmoru - Khajiit Necromancer
    Septimus Iroh - Dunmer Dragon Knight
    Septimus Thragar - Dunmer Nightblade
    Septimus Jah'zar - Khajiit Nightblade
    Septimus Nerox - Redguard Warden
    Septimus Ozurk - Orsimer Sorcerer
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can't say much more than what others have said.

Earn the gold and buy them is probably the quickest overall.

Jewelry farming from Alik'r is probably the fastest to get them yourself.

Daily crafting writs is the most efficient, but you'd have to be setup for that already.

Also, since it's a dungeon set, might even be easier to find a group to do it on vet for actual purple jewelry drops (make sure to have treasure hunter CP passive).
    Tenacious Dreamer - Hurricane Herald - Godslayer - Dawnbringer - Gryphon Heart - Tick Tock Tormenter - Immortal Redeemer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    The Unchained - Bedlam's Disciple - Temporal Tempest - Curator's Champion - Fist of Tava - Invader's Bane - Land, Air, and Sea Supremacy - Zero Regrets - Battlespire's Best - Bastion Breaker - Ardent Bibliophile - Subterranean Smasher - Bane of Thorns - True Genius - In Defiance of Death - No Rest for the Wicked - Nature's Wrath - Undying Endurance - Relentless Raider - Depths Defier - Apex Predator - Pure Lunacy - Mountain God - Leave No Bone Unbroken - CoS/RoM/BF/FH Challenger
    61,215 achievement points
  • HappyTheCamper
    HappyTheCamper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alik’r dolmens for me.

Also (it’s pretty useless mentioning it now) the recent tribunal event gave you a loooot of purple jewelry.
    Edited by HappyTheCamper on March 14, 2021 5:59AM
  • tc91101
    tc91101
    ✭✭✭
    If you play pretty regular everyday and have the time to set it up, daily jewelry crafting writ quests on multiple toons is a great source. The thing is it takes several months of pretty dedicated time to set up. Preferably you need multiple toons leveled to 50. I found the best way to do this is to create 8 toons and do initial quests, etc. to get them to level 6. Then complete all seven crafting quests to open up each craft. That should get you close to level 10. Spend about another hour doing a quest line to level up to 10. It takes a couple hours per toon to get them setup to 10. After that run 1 BG per day on each of them to get the bonus XP which gives you 1 level per day on each of them. It takes about 20 minutes per toon so 8 of them will take you almost 3 hours per day. If you want to spend less time per day then setup fewer toons. At the end of 40 days you'll have a bunch of level 50's. Move all the skill points out of combat skills and into craft skills. At a minimum you will need 14 SPs for Blacksmith/Cloth/Wood and 9 SPs for Jewelry. This gives you the max level plus the max research level in each. As you do daily writs you get inspiration items you can use to level your crafts. Also, it's very important to make sure you put the points in research and that you research items as it greatly impacts drop rates on gold matts and master writs. It takes a good 6 months or longer to set all this up but once set up you will have a consistent source of Zircon/Chromium plating plus other gold matts.
  • Matchimus
    Matchimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Forgot to suggest upcoming anniversary event & doing repeat daily quests in cyrodiil. Quest rewards seem to drop good ratio of purple jewelry. Last year I used 5 chars, spread out between the factions so I could swap between chars as towns changed ownership. There are 5 locations each with 10 quests. I was getting 30 to max 50 quests done for each char each day (most daily quests u can do in a day is 50 per char). Some days I did max 250. Plus all the goodies from anniversary boxes plus a little bit of AP. So many motifs,receipes and I still have 80+ zircon plates. Yes u will get slaughtered at times. Just move to different questing location or char. Keep your focus on the rewards. I think the 2 weeks I did this has me never wanting for anything. The unmarked town in EP was my favourite location; some quests here done in 30 to 60 seconds. The 10 quests done in 10 mins? The unmarked town in DC was worst becoz of long travel required.
  • etchedpixels
    etchedpixels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Qbiken wrote: »
    A combination of doing daily crafting writs on multiple characters and doing veteran pledges does it for me. Doing a regular daily random normal dungeon through the group finder system also gives an option to receive purple jewellery. I personally don't think dolmens are such a good options since they tend to drop green and blue jewellery much more often.

The dolmens are worth it if you are also needing to level up another toon (or have another 3000 cp to grind now) or if you are trying to level jewellery crafting to 50 on more because you can then make good use of the others. Vet dungeons are not so good IMHO - you tend not to get many rings except in chests or end boss drops, so even if you pick a 4 chest dungeon you don't get that much. In fact I think I get more from doing a load of 3 high/1 low level crystal runs each day dropping endurance/willpower/etc.

I got a fairly good drop rate from the ashlander quests in vvardenfell and they also give a passable suply of ashlander motifs to flog on guild stores. Similar for some of the other ones. I tend to run out of blue ones more than purple to be honest.
    Too many toons not enough time
  • Jpk0012
    Jpk0012
    ✭✭✭✭
    I know this is old, but I want to put in my two cents for future searchers.

Finding purple rings and deconstructing is not worth it as of 12/25/2021. Not every purple ring/necklace will net a zircon. You need 10 of them. On average I estimate you need 25-30 purple rings per zircon plating. That is absolutely BS. I still see people recommending treasure hunter. Funny. That is totally worthless. I promise I still find just as many greens and blues as everyone else on my character that has treasure hunter. Its a waste of 50 CP, well, it would be if the crafting tree was worth a damn.

The fastest way is to earn gold by upgrading wanted items gold and sell them. You can turn a huge profit on the most wanted items in the game. Either find them on your own, or find someone selling the item with the correct enchantment. I find this to be the quickest way. I've never found a Briarheart infused bow in the wild, and I have tried and tried and tried. Jewelry upgrading is absolutely broken compared to armor or weapons. No doubt about it.
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Jpk0012 wrote: »
    I know this is old, but I want to put in my two cents for future searchers.

Finding purple rings and deconstructing is not worth it as of 12/25/2021. Not every purple ring/necklace will net a zircon. You need 10 of them. On average I estimate you need 25-30 purple rings per zircon plating. That is absolutely BS. I still see people recommending treasure hunter. Funny. That is totally worthless. I promise I still find just as many greens and blues as everyone else on my character that has treasure hunter. Its a waste of 50 CP, well, it would be if the crafting tree was worth a damn.

The fastest way is to earn gold by upgrading wanted items gold and sell them. You can turn a huge profit on the most wanted items in the game. Either find them on your own, or find someone selling the item with the correct enchantment. I find this to be the quickest way. I've never found a Briarheart infused bow in the wild, and I have tried and tried and tried. Jewelry upgrading is absolutely broken compared to armor or weapons. No doubt about it.

You need to check you have skill points and champions points in extraction.

It's more like max of 15 rings to get one plating. It's definitely not 25-30.

The absolute fastest way involves using alliance points. Buy eagle eye, ancient grave or potantates box. You'll get a lot of necks and rings. Decon them all (with right passives and CL in).
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Easiest and fastest, with less steps involved would be to farm gold and buy them. However, long-term the best way is to level jewellery crafting in a few alts and do daily writs with them.