The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Some counter arguments to popular outcry against no proc Cyrodil

• Dr_Ganknstein
    Dr_Ganknstein
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Minalan wrote: »
    This post is great.

Don’t listen to the crying ZOS, no proc is fun. Keep it permanent.

Buying DLC for a broken set only entitles you to use it against NPCs. The rest of us shouldn’t be forced to deal with some of the broken procs.

You are right. No need to buy any DLC that doesn't provide gear on that list. Why would they need or want money anyway? I want even less option please.
    Options
  • Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    This post is great.

Buying DLC for a broken set only entitles you to use it against NPCs. The rest of us shouldn’t be forced to deal with some of the broken procs.

You are right. No need to buy any DLC that doesn't provide gear on that list. Why would they need or want money anyway? I want even less option please.

No need for you to buy it, but some people think that PVE is fun.

In the meantime I suggest you learn to leverage your class skill combos. I’m so not sorry that people can be killed now and ball groups don’t require 20 siege to eliminate.

Options
  • Dr_Ganknstein
    Dr_Ganknstein
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This post is great.

In the meantime I suggest you learn to leverage your class skill combos. I’m so not sorry that people can be killed now and ball groups don’t require 20 siege to eliminate.

Ok learned my combos like a few years ago. Wait, so you werent able to kill people until after they dumbed down pvp? I thought you were one of those highly skilled players? Also have you not seen the zergs running around balled up with no fear of bombers? Pleeease don't tell me you are on console and trying to tell us how it is, that would be funny.
    Options
  • Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    This post is great.

Ok learned my combos like a few years ago. Wait, so you werent able to kill people until after they dumbed down pvp? I thought you were one of those highly skilled players? Also have you not seen the zergs running around balled up with no fear of bombers? Pleeease don't tell me you are on console and trying to tell us how it is, that would be funny.

I wouldn’t play console for any money, PC here. Ball groups die now, and it doesn’t require four times as many people and max siege to do it.

The people crying loudest for proc sets loved the 40K HP stacks with 4K regen and proc sets.

The people crying loudest loved unkillable players and ball groups that ran around keeps in circles for hours.

Those days are over for the next few months at least. I’m sorry you’re not having that kind of fun anymore, but the rest of us are.
    Edited by Minalan on March 8, 2021 4:48PM
    Options
  • Dr_Ganknstein
    Dr_Ganknstein
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This post is great.

I wouldn’t play console for any money, PC here. Ball groups die now, and it doesn’t require four times as many people and max siege to do it.

The people crying loudest for proc sets loved the 40K HP stacks with 4K regen and proc sets.

The people crying loudest loved unkillable players and ball groups that ran around keeps in circles for hours.

Those days are over for the next few months at least. I’m sorry you’re not having that kind of fun anymore, but the rest of us are.

I didn't love unkillable players but I do like variety in options. Matter of fact I think the typical zergling want procs to be removed the most. They huddle together in Cyrodiil more so then ever now.
    Options
  • orion_1981usub17_ESO
    orion_1981usub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This post is great.

I didn't love unkillable players but I do like variety in options. Matter of fact I think the typical zergling want procs to be removed the most. They huddle together in Cyrodiil more so then ever now.

So your real complaint is that people play near each other in the fashion of a team? In an alliance war? Are any of them unkillable? No, not any more. So you want unkillable, no teams pvp?
    Options
  • Firstmep
    Firstmep
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah that seducer was a real menace upon cyrodiil, also everyone was running Seducer, and so the meta was not diverse at all.
    I'm so glad they got rid of seducer.
    Options
  • Dr_Ganknstein
    Dr_Ganknstein
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This post is great.

So your real complaint is that people play near each other in the fashion of a team? In an alliance war? Are any of them unkillable? No, not any more. So you want unkillable, no teams pvp?

I find it funny people keep talking about how its all about skills now when in reality they just turned on easymode. Easymode gets boring. Lets see how this plays out in a month or so. You can't tell me the skill ceiling has been raised because they removed 90% of the games gear.
    Options
  • sharquez
    sharquez
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are so many big headed blow-hards with superiority complexes in this thread Kindly soak your heads if you want to say you're so much better for using or not using procs. With that out of the way...

I can say for a fact that just as some people enjoyed it for a time many others got bored quickly and this definitely 100% killed some guilds that were planning on coming back for the new CP patch.
    We will see what happens, But as I'm on the pro proc diversity train I'd like to see a return to normal cyrodiil, such that I don't have to re-gear 18 characters with most of them playing cookie cutter anyway, such that what's the point?
    At least 3 of each class. PVPing Since IC.
    Options
  • StaticWave
    StaticWave
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This post is great.

I find it funny people keep talking about how its all about skills now when in reality they just turned on easymode. Easymode gets boring. Lets see how this plays out in a month or so. You can't tell me the skill ceiling has been raised because they removed 90% of the games gear.

If it's easy mode I'm happy to 1v1 you with cyro build. Let's hope it's an easy match for you
    Platform:
    PC NA

Main:
    Static Wave - AD stamsorc

Options
  • Dr_Ganknstein
    Dr_Ganknstein
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We will see and then your theatrical threats and whining will have been in vain. The term easymode is as subjective as the term skill. But unless cyrodil is empty then people will be having fun... and thats what matters.

I just want another option for a campaign to choose from. This doesn't mean I want them to stop trying to balance op sets.

Hardmode: Everything enabled
    Easymode: Just stat sets

Like choosing vet or normal for dungeons. That way everyone can be happy and eventually when the people that returned get bored of just stat set pvp then can test their mettle and move to the big league campaign. Also the easymode campaign might be fun for guilds that are new to pvp.

Options
  • StaticWave
    StaticWave
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Imagine saying stat sets are easy mode when procs literally do free damage for you at the cast of a button. Some people are straight up denying the facts.
    Platform:
    PC NA

Main:

Options
  • Dr_Ganknstein
    Dr_Ganknstein
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    StaticWave wrote: »
    This post is great.

If it's easy mode I'm happy to 1v1 you with cyro build. Let's hope it's an easy match for you

Static Wave - AD stamsorc :D
    Cash me outside bruh., howbow duh? Since this began I've gotten in a lot more fights against sorcs, wonder why? Talk about easymode, am I right..
    Edited by Dr_Ganknstein on March 8, 2021 6:49PM
    Options
  • StaticWave
    StaticWave
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This post is great.

Cash me outside bruh., howbow duh? Since this began I've gotten in a lot more fights against sorcs, wonder why? Talk about easymode, am I right..

Yea stamsorc is definitely easy mode. That's why I'm the only stamsorc around in cyrodiil :smiley:

If you think stat builds are easymode why don't you show up in a stat build and 1vX or 1v1 people? Would definitely prove your point no?
    Platform:
    PC NA

Main:

Options
  • Jayserix
    Jayserix
    ✭✭✭
    Imagine saying stat sets are easy mode when procs literally do free damage for you at the cast of a button. Some people are straight up denying the facts.

It BAFFLES me ! They use earthgore and troll king to get free healing and pretend that's peak gaming activity ...
    Options
  • Oakenaxe
    Oakenaxe
    ✭✭✭✭
    The differences in proc conditions are minute and all of them result in breaking the balance of global cooldown management. In such an environment, the combat is not readable beyond "I better watch out for random damage that can come in any form at any time with almost no relation to positioning, timing, or resource management".

Exactly! It's ridiculous. OK for PvE, but very toxic for PvP. I'm really enjoying no proc, can't remember when I had this much fun in PvP, even with the poor server perfomance. Fights are much more challenging, rewarding and fun.

I'm not against proc sets, but if we are to keep them, they must work differently for PvP than they do for PvE.
    a.k.a. Leo
    non-native English speaker
    200-300 ping and low fps player
    Options
  • Dr_Ganknstein
    Dr_Ganknstein
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This post is great.

Yea stamsorc is definitely easy mode. That's why I'm the only stamsorc around in cyrodiil :smiley:

If you think stat builds are easymode why don't you show up in a stat build and 1vX or 1v1 people? Would definitely prove your point no?

Ok already did that.
    Options
  • Goregrinder
    Goregrinder
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    HiImRex wrote: »
    (1) blah blah blah diversity

Answer 1: Current meta with no restrictions create only an illusion of diversity, while completely invalidating the fairly well-designed and interesting combat mechanics underlying ESO pvp.

The truth is, there are only a handful of sets worth running and 90% of them are proc damage / proc healing sets. The proc damage/healing sets offer no meaningful differences in mechanics or interactivity.

Some examples:
    • would you rather hold left click to do insane damage for free (heavy attack sets) or tap left click to do the same (Syvarra's)?
    • Or would you rather proc an insane dot by casting splitting trap (oblivion's foe) or by casting crit rush (unleashed terror)?
    • Do you want your left click to proc crows (Unfathomable Terror) or do you want your left click to proc swords (Morkuldins)?
    • Do you want a green beam to heal you for free (Chokethorne), a red beam (Engine Guardian), or red particles (Earthgore)?
    • Do you want to see random meteors fall from the sky for 4k (Skoria), or would you rather see a random bear crush somebody for 6k (Selenes)?

The differences in proc conditions are minute and all of them result in breaking the balance of global cooldown management. In such an environment, the combat is not readable beyond "I better watch out for random damage that can come in any form at any time with almost no relation to positioning, timing, or resource management".

Answer 2: What diversity that IS created by the current meta is actually detrimental to the overall enjoyment of the game by its playerbase.

I concede that some of these ridiculous sets can be combined to create some unique builds. The problem is most (probably all) of these "unique" builds basically make the game more boring and frustrating to play. Prime example of this would be 80k thew's block tanks. The entire playstyle consists of putting yourself in a bad position and holding right click until you get low, pressing "R" to pop Goliath, and then dying after your ulti runs out. Or consider the 40k HP werewolf with insane defense/hp regen stacking that simply becomes a DPS / movespeed check.

(2) you're just bad and that's why you can't handle procs

We crushed with procs and we still crush without procs, the only difference is that without procs the combat is more readable, there are more options in any situation, and the skill ceiling is higher. Same victories, just more enjoyable.

No excuses now when you lose either, it's either lag or you made a mistake. (Reality check: it's not always lag)

(3) no one does damage in no proc Cyro

maybe don't stack 38k HP with 4k hp regen on your stam necro and then complain about how you don't do damage

(4) sorcs are OP broken and unbeatable

if @Kitashngmr is 1vXing overload sorcs on the regular in a 25k HP medium armor stam dk without wings, this is probably just a learn to play issue

(5) what about class imbalances

Answer 1: They exist with or without procs. In the proc environment, you saw a lot less sorcs and stam nbs because the procs favored stand and fight classes. In the no proc environment, you see a lot less mag DKs because they need some help.

Answer 2: If we're going to have class imbalances anyway, I'd rather have class imbalance in an environment where the combat mechanics actually make sense and the player's skills matter more

Answer 3: In a no proc environment, we can see class imbalances more clearly, which makes it easier to identify potential fixes

(6) class action law suit? "promissory estoppel?"

Please stop, YOUR specific intent in buying the DLC just to use a couple items for a relatively small part of the entire product doesn't invalidate the fact that every time you bought said product (the base game and any DLC), you signed (accepted) a written contract that contains a commonly understood and expected clause explaining that the developers are free to make balance changes that impact your use of the purchase.

(7) But I didn't read the contract

But you could have, and you also declared that you did read it by signing it / accepting it.

(8) But I don't like it

Sorry to hear that.

(9) but in a perfect world I could sue ZOS over this and win

BAD ENDING: You win the class action lawsuit and set a legal precedent that cripples future developers from making any big changes to their games, no matter how necessary it may be to balance the game and make it more enjoyable. You spend your class-action lawsuit earnings of $2.50 on microtransactions for your next game while flaming its developers for not having the balls to make risky changes to their game. Everyone loses.

---

My 2 cents on the extended no proc Cyrodil:

Is it ideal? No.

In a perfect world, we could have 2 separate campaigns, or ZOS could immediately code in a way to selectively ban certain sets in Cyrodil without breaking the rest of the spaghetti code, AND be able to pick the right sets to ensure quality balancing, or we can even have both at the same time.

This is not that world, and I'm willing to accept that. I think no proc Cyrodil is plenty interesting. There's enough variety if you're willing to accept that maybe you aren't the absolute master of the game as you think you are. If you can find 2-4 people to play with, you'll find there are plenty of things you can do in terms of team play and composition. And we will eventually end up with the "ideal" scenario as ZOS has already stated they will work toward proc AND no proc servers, and also expanding the allowed stat sets.

A lot of the complaints about how no proc Cyro plays is a learn to play issue. Why do I believe this? Because all week long we snack on the same OP sorcs that according to the forums cannot be beat while half paying attention to the game. Because I watch good players in apparently "trash" classes 1v2 overload sorcs in open world.

Just the other day, somebody linked a video of a 38k HP stam necro complaining that no proc cyro is boring and you can't kill anyone. At roughly the same time we were farming 100k+ AP worth of kills inside an enemy keep, outnumbered in a 4 man group with no healer with "bad" off-meta classes.

If you're having trouble getting kills because you stacked 38k HP on a stamcro with 3k hp regen, this is the epitome of a learn 2 play problem. Maybe it turns out that malacath and vat 2h was carrying your damage and you need to make some adjustment to your build and risk dying in a 1v1 in order to get damage.

To those of you who dislike what ZOS is doing and have simply decided to say "I don't like this, I want to use my sets, I don't mind procs, and I'm unsubbing", I respect that.

Best of luck on your next game and your life in general. I'll keep playing and I believe there will be plenty of people playing once this patch hits.

You nailed it man. Absolutely gorgeous.

To me this was the important take away: "..Answer 2: If we're going to have class imbalances anyway, I'd rather have class imbalance in an environment where the combat mechanics actually make sense and the player's skills matter more...".

There is going to be an imbalance no matter what, but I'd rather the game reward player skill, than leave it up to RNG. With no way for players to actually hard counter procs, it no longer is Player vs Player, and becomes ZOS vs ZOS.
    Options
  • StaticWave
    StaticWave
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This post is great.

Ok already did that.

When? I have people telling me that you're a gank blade zerging people down. I checked your profile and saw you making a post about toxic barrage ulti. Only gankblades use that. So you're complaining about sorcs when you're on a squishy gankblade specced to kill people when they aren't paying attention. Cool. Makes sense why you're against sorcs so much :smiley:
    Platform:
    PC NA

Main:

Options
  • MasterSpatula
    MasterSpatula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agreed with very nearly every word, OP.
    "A probable impossibility is preferable to an improbable possibility." - Aristotle
    Options
  • Elo106
    Elo106
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    With all the problems this game has there has to be better solutions than removing 99% of usable sets.

Buff Mag, Debuff the problematic sets.

If you have a bad ping shield stacking and wrecking blow is not a valid option
    Options
  • Fawn4287
    Fawn4287
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great post OP

Bad players have confused not dying against good players and proc damage killing other bad players with being good since malacath was introduced, now the crutches have been kicked out and the harsh reality has set in now that a skill floor is visible again. In every other game I play an ever increasing skill level is visible, except in ESO, bad players have found new sets, classes, set ups and increasing numbers as a substitute to improve in skill level ever since I started playing, PvE doesn’t cater to this mindset which is why you don’t see 90% of players walking around with the purple skin and godslayer title, yet there are too many players to count running around on 5 star characters with 100k+ ava kills and even emperor titles who still can’t keep buffs or a heal up, some don’t even utilise their second bar lmao.

It seems balance is low on the to do list for many players but don’t nerf my cheese so my social cyrodil zerg can take the entire map with little to no resistance is.
    Options
  • Dr_Ganknstein
    Dr_Ganknstein
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This post is great.

Ok already did that.

When? I have people telling me that you're a gank blade zerging people down. I checked your profile and saw you making a post about toxic barrage ulti. Only gankblades use that. So you're complaining about sorcs when you're on a squishy gankblade specced to kill people when they aren't paying attention. Cool. Makes sense why you're against sorcs so much :smiley:

But you have heard of me. I group sometimes because I have friends but I tend to solo as well. Why wouldn't I use toxic barrage? Do you use streak or executioner on your stamsorc? Toxic actually sucks against other NBs and people that know how to defend against it. Anyway I made that post because shield charge was interupting it and it's not supposed to. I'm not against sorcs I just feel that same way about the ones that suddenly play them now as I did about players that ran cheese proc sets. It feels really good after beating them.
    Edited by Dr_Ganknstein on March 9, 2021 4:15AM
    Options
  • Kory
    Kory
    ✭✭✭✭
    ^ Dr_Ganknstein misses the Ring of the Wild Hunt mythic in Cyradil, that's what this is all about for him :D
    Options
  • Dr_Ganknstein
    Dr_Ganknstein
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kory wrote: »
    ^ Dr_Ganknstein misses the Ring of the Wild Hunt mythic in Cyradil, that's what this is all about for him :D

🤣😂 I feel the need. The need for speed. It's like going from a Lamborghini to a Prius. I want that Lambo speed 😎
    Options
  • Gamerscape2007
    Gamerscape2007
    ✭✭✭✭
    All I read from this *** is how high and mighty the op is for killing less skilled player and and how with this no proc system, they gonna get even more kills because clutch people are using are now gone. Apparently to op removing proc sets is the answer he gladly accepts instead of, oh I don't know, actually fixing the core issue? No, let's deprive players from the set they worked hard to get.

I agree, proc sets are a problem, but this isn't the answer. Of course you probably won't care now you can kill players who can't keep up hassle free. God forbid you actually fight good players. I promise you, this may be fun to you at first? But you will get bored with how bland the meta. Maybe not now, but at some point.

Until then enjoy this *** while it lasts.
    Options
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Decent counters for the bad arguments like class action lawsuit and whining about sorcs.

I left the game for 6 months because I can't stand proc sets. The "solution" to just trash 95% of the gear in the game that I spent 7 years of real money acquiring in the main PvP environment while trying to retain some semblance of balance while allowing them in the game's other systems is crazy. The OP is presenting this as a binary choice: either play with all the proc trash that prompted me to leave or play with 5% of the gear choices.

No. There were reasonable alternative somewhere in-between those two ridiculous extremes that most people could have at least lived with, even if it wasn;t their personal preference.

Options
  • Goregrinder
    Goregrinder
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Kory wrote: »

🤣😂 I feel the need. The need for speed. It's like going from a Lamborghini to a Prius. I want that Lambo speed 😎

I feel you man, we have to go back to swift jewels just to feel the need for speed.
    Options
  • Dunning_Kruger
    Dunning_Kruger
    ✭✭✭✭
    s m h;
    Edited by Dunning_Kruger on March 10, 2021 3:39AM

For the Queen bby
    Options
  • StaticWave
    StaticWave
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hey I found @Dr_Ganknstein zerging the map down with 20 EPs. How convenient..
    Platform:
    PC NA

Main:

Options