The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Flames of Rotation

Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus
✭✭✭✭✭
While the community only cares about farming a lot of CPs, there are two other terrible things that worry me. I watched a few videos from PTS by Liko and other bloggers and noticed a few things:
1) Rotation of dots only. Now for magic classes, instead of a combination of spam / dots / buff skills and dynamic rotation, just push 12345 swap, repeat. I remember that a similar situation was with the Scalebreaker patch, when the developers changed the damage and cost of direct and AoE dots several times.

2) Duals for mages. I think this is not correct and the duals should only be physical damage. And it's not just aesthetics. For magic, we have a special staff branch with magic passives and abilities. Yes, I would like to have some kind of magic weapon, but this is a topic for another conversation. When instead of a staff they just take plugs with a small increase in spd and without magic skills, then something is wrong with the design of the combat lines.
Edited by Parasaurolophus on March 5, 2021 12:09PM
PC/EU
  • LeonNoir
    LeonNoir
    Duals for mages. I think this is not correct and the duals should only be physical damage. And it's not just aesthetics. For magic, we have a special staff branch with magic passives and abilities.

duals may have enchantments. enchantments = magicka (poisons = stamina)
    so aesthetically everything is fine here

no need to force mages to wear staves

• ealdwin
    ealdwin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don’t know. If more DoT focused rotations are viable again, I don’t see that as an inherently bad thing. After all, it’s either refreshing a cycle of DoTs for continuous damage or keeping a few DoTs up and then hitting a spammable 10 times over. As long as both options are viable, I fail to see the problem with players having more choices regarding rotations.

But that’s just my opinion, and others may disagree.
  • Pallio
    Pallio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The more they try to nerf, the more end game steamers will adjust to whatever remains and is effective against the target dummy.
  • kojou
    kojou
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I enjoy playing on my DK, so I am fine with a DoT rotation. Juggling DoTs should yield more damage or what is the point of Dots?

Playing since beta...