The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

2 Extremely Important Addons Next Patch

gariondavey
gariondavey
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
Caro's Skill Point Saver - backs up all your skill points so you can reload them once skill points get reset.
Jack of all Trades - green CP tree slottables for fishing, opening chests, refining raw materials, etc. are automatically slotted right before you open a chest, fish, etc. Your previously slotted ones are then automatically reslotted after the activity is complete.

Please tell all your guilds and friends about this. If everyone spreads this information we can save many people a headache or confusion!

Thanks!
PC NA @gariondavey, BG, IC & Cyrodiil Focused Since October 2017 Stamplar (main), Magplar, Magsorc, Stamsorc, StamDK, MagDK, Stamblade, Magblade, Magden, Stamden
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jack of all Trades sounds sweet.
  • BalticBlues
    BalticBlues
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Indeed. It keeps the CP 1.0 CRAFTER FUN on PC <3
    instead of the dreaded CP 2.0 CRAFTER MICROMANAGEMENT on Consoles :s

Great job, @CyberOnEso
    Addon Thread: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/7141974
    Addon Source: https://github.com/CyberOnEso/JackOfAllTrades
    Addon Download: https://www.esoui.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9585
    This just shows that all green stars should all be base passives.
    CyberOnEso wrote: »
    I do agree, I actually dislike the fact that it 'has' to be done via an addon.
    If I were playing on console I would be frustrated as hell.
    QFT
    Edited by BalticBlues on February 27, 2021 3:16PM
  • Nyladreas
    Nyladreas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    And console players get the *** end of the stick once again..... FFS Zenimax....

Green tree should've been exclusively passive except the pure combat-related stars... SIGH.....
    Edited by Nyladreas on February 27, 2021 3:22PM
  • karekiz
    karekiz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    But this will ruin the immersive gameplay and drastic character customization choice the green tree has to offer!
  • danno8
    danno8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It does. I do fear that if Cp allotment is stored server side that we could be in for some serious server strain with people constantly switching and reverting CPs everyime they harvest, craft, refine, open chests, etc....

I wouldn't be surprised if ZoS slaps a cool down on CP switching.
  • Nairinhe
    Nairinhe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    danno8 wrote: »

It does. I do fear that if Cp allotment is stored server side that we could be in for some serious server strain with people constantly switching and reverting CPs everyime they harvest, craft, refine, open chests, etc....

That would be hilarious, considering why the CP 2.0 is the way it is.
  • CyberOnEso
    CyberOnEso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey'a, I just want to say thank you for all the positive feedback to the Jack of all Trades addon! <3

I just posted a significant update to it on Github/ ESOUI.

It now will automatically slot all the green CP stars which are situationally useful in the situations they are intended for.

If you wish to try it out on the PTS then please do, I would really value any feedback you could provide.
    Also if you are able to provide translations for French, German, Russian, Spanish, or Japanese languages then I would really appreciate it.

Thank you so much for all the positive feedback so far, it has really made my week!
    @CyberOnEso PC | EU - Jack of all Trades - Armory Style Manager Planesbreaker | Godslayer | Dawnbringer | Immortal Redeemer | Tick Tock Tormentor | Gryphon Heart
  • Gabriel_H
    Gabriel_H
    ✭✭✭
    Hey'a, I just want to say thank you for all the positive feedback to the Jack of all Trades addon! <3

It now will automatically slot all the green CP stars which are situationally useful in the situations they are intended for.

If you wish to try it out on the PTS then please do, I would really value any feedback you could provide.
    Also if you are able to provide translations for French, German, Russian, Spanish, or Japanese languages then I would really appreciate it.

Thank you so much for all the positive feedback so far, it has really made my week!

Outstanding work!
  • gariondavey
    gariondavey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Thank you for your work!!!
    PC NA @gariondavey, BG, IC & Cyrodiil Focused Since October 2017 Stamplar (main), Magplar, Magsorc, Stamsorc, StamDK, MagDK, Stamblade, Magblade, Magden, Stamden
  • stefj68
    stefj68
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    wonder if that autoswapping addon, might cause future game crash, and zos encourage that... that green tree should have been all passive, and they know it...

wish they get 2-3k game crash reports and rethink their position on that one
  • CyberOnEso
    CyberOnEso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    stefj68 wrote: »
    wonder if that autoswapping addon, might cause future game crash, and zos encourage that... that green tree should have been all passive, and they know it...

wish they get 2-3k game crash reports and rethink their position on that one

I don't know exactly what is happening on the server-side with changing passives, as all that information is never shown to the players. Though whilst testing my addon I have no experienced any crashes/ got kicked for spamming etc.

Addons like Alpha Gear and Dressing Room have been used for years, and the Champion Bar acts very similarly to the skill bar (It actually is pretty much a second skill bar).

Also if what ZOS says is true, with them calculating in all passives on every combat event then the relatively minuscule calls to swap CP stars a couple of times per minute shouldn't be a large impact.
    Edited by CyberOnEso on February 28, 2021 8:16PM
    @CyberOnEso PC | EU - Jack of all Trades - Armory Style Manager Planesbreaker | Godslayer | Dawnbringer | Immortal Redeemer | Tick Tock Tormentor | Gryphon Heart
  • deleted221106-002999
    deleted221106-002999
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Thanks for taking the time to create this doubtless essential add-on.

It's existence and use should hopefully alert zos that players generally loathe the kind of micromanagement cp2 will introduce. I say hopefully but I know it'll be ignored; once cp2 launches we'll be stuck with it.

So thanks very much again @CyberOnEso for your time and effort in providing a pre-emptive solution to the incoming horrors of micromanaging cp2.
  • method__01
    method__01
    ✭✭✭✭✭

thank you,iirc you said add on will be available to install with minion when patch goes live?
    PC EU/NA /// PS4 EU/NA

• CyberOnEso
    CyberOnEso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    method__01 wrote: »
    you said add on will be available to install with minion when patch goes live?
    Yes, it will be!
  • stefj68
    stefj68
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really like caro skills point :) really wish you could import/export plain text... making it more easy to manage :)

Edited by stefj68 on February 28, 2021 9:30PM
  • method__01
    method__01
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    you said add on will be available to install with minion when patch goes live?
    Yes, it will be!

thank you very much
    PC EU/NA /// PS4 EU/NA

• gariondavey
    gariondavey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes, it will be!

Glorious!!
  • thomasadinkerke
    thank you sir
  • ApoAlaia
    ApoAlaia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Awesome, thanks!
  • kojou
    kojou
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

If they do something to disable the add-on, it will be more related to us not using the passives the way that they intended us to rather than server load.
    Playing since beta...
  • Elvenheart
    Elvenheart
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I was going to say both thank you so much for your work on what undoubtedly will be an essential addon, and say it’s such a shame we even have to have an addon like this (got common sense, ZOS?), but others have already said it more eloquently. But I just have to say it anyway - thank you!
  • Fennwitty
    Fennwitty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Update v0.5 When we are unable to slot CP points into a node, due to being in combat etc. We will attempt to slot the node again once combat ends.

As a future improvement, I'd prefer to optionally disable the retry behavior.

Example:
    I run up to a resource node and start harvesting but I aggro a mob on the way. Now I'm in combat. Master Gatherer etc. pending out of combat.

While fighting, some jerk runs up and takes the node.

After fighting, the node's gone but now I slot Master Gatherer.

Same deal with chests, etc. Even crafting stations can have this happen because set stations can be found out in overland sometimes (maybe I decide not to do crafting after all when combat ends).

Preferably, I could choose to not queue up a swap while in combat. Instead it gives up, and the addon would simply try again like normal the next time I interact with a node/chest/etc.
    Edited by Fennwitty on March 2, 2021 6:47PM
    PC NA
  • CyberOnEso
    CyberOnEso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fennwitty wrote: »
    Update v0.5 When we are unable to slot CP points into a node, due to being in combat etc. We will attempt to slot the node again once combat ends.

As a future improvement, I'd prefer to optionally disable the retry behavior.

Example:
    I run up to a resource node and start harvesting but I aggro a mob on the way. Now I'm in combat. Master Gatherer etc. pending out of combat.

While fighting, some jerk runs up and takes the node.

After fighting, the node's gone but now I slot Master Gatherer.

Same deal with chests, etc. Even crafting stations can have this happen because set stations can be found out in overland sometimes (maybe I decide not to do crafting after all when combat ends).

Preferably, I could choose to not queue up a swap while in combat. Instead it gives up, and the addon would simply try again like normal the next time I interact with a node/chest/etc.

Hey'a, thank you very much for your suggestion.
    I actually already have this implemented. It will only attempt to slot skills when combat ends if it's one of your old skills.

This is because if you try to do something. Like loot a container whilst in combat then there is no benefit to slotting Treasure Hunter for example after combat ends. So the addon will only queue up skills to be replaced after combat if they are your original skills.

On looking at my post again I should have probably clarified that. Apologies for any confusion.
    Edited by CyberOnEso on March 2, 2021 7:04PM
  • gariondavey
    gariondavey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @CyberOnEso you think of everything XD
  • AlexWaff
    AlexWaff
    ✭✭✭
    I hate this. COME ON. Literally what I said - people will just make an addon that handles it for them, and it will just be annoying and a pain, and be awful for console players of course.

JUST MAKE ALL CRAFT CONSTELLATION SKILLS PASSIVE, REMOVE ITS SLOTS.

Literally NOTHING would change except people will no longer have to micro-manage stuff.

But noooooooooooo, why listen. Why do something sensible people are begging you to do.
    So now we have to live with an addon that will probably cause a noticable and annoying delay at like EVERY action (looting nodes, chests, drawers, fencing goods, eating food etc).
    Come on.
  • CyberOnEso
    CyberOnEso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AlexWaff wrote: »
    So now we have to live with an addon that will probably cause a noticable and annoying delay at like EVERY action (looting nodes, chests, drawers, fencing goods, eating food etc).
    Come on.

Hello, I appreciate your concern.
    Obviously, I am not ZOS and I do not control what they do. I would prefer if no one needed to do this micromanagement, hence why I made the addon.

I would just like to dispute some points. When you are doing any action there would be no reason why any significant additional delay would be added. I have tested this and it does not add any detectable additional delay.

When you start gathering, a set amount of time (in real time) will pass between you pressing 'E' and the loot window showing. That time is not set by how fast or slow your game is running. No additional function calls will increase that time. Because after X seconds the loot window will show.

The addon only executes code when you perform an action and uses ZOS-provided functions to do everything that it is doing. ZOS chose to provide a function in their API to allow my addon to do what it does 'AddHotbarSlotToChampionPurchaseRequest' this function is used by ZOS themselves every time you press 'R' to confirm your champion points.

The code to slot champion points is not intensive and obviously, all of my code is visible to be seen and scrutinized by all.

I appreciate your frustration with how ZOS has handled the champion point system, however, I would just like to dispel fears that there would be any reason as to why there would be a delay in performing any actions because of my addon.

Edited by CyberOnEso on March 3, 2021 11:20PM
  • xaraan
    xaraan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jack of all Trades sounds solid.

But it shows how badly designed the CP rework is when a quality of life add on is rolling out and ready before it even goes to live. Too bad zos couldn't have made some changes to the system to make this sort of add on unnecessary.

But thank you to the modders for making the game more playable.
    -- @xaraan --
    nightblade: Xaraan templar: Xaraan-dar dragon-knight: Xaraanosaurus necromancer: Xaraan-qa warden: Xaraanodon sorcerer: Xaraan-ra
    AD • NA • PC
  • CyberOnEso
    CyberOnEso
    ✭✭✭✭✭

thank you,iirc you said add on will be available to install with minion when patch goes live?

Just wanted to say that you can now download Jack of all Trades via Minion or ESOUI.
    Edited by CyberOnEso on March 8, 2021 12:51PM
  • ApoAlaia
    ApoAlaia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Just wanted to say that you can now download Jack of all Trades via Minion or ESOUI.

Hoorah!

• danno8
    danno8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Called it.

There is now a 15s CD between switching slottables.