The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

How many CP points we'll get at the start?

fiender66
fiender66
✭✭✭✭
Forgive me if this is a naive question, but in the wealth of information available (already overwhelming) I've not been able to find a simple answer to it.

Shortly: when CP 2.0 will come to live, we'll find a proportional reassessment of we already earned (say: 810+ = 3600, 600 = something around 2500, etc), or a flat "same as you have" (810 = 810, 600 = 600, etc)?

Thanks in advance to whoever wants to illuminate me about this
  • ApoAlaia
    ApoAlaia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    fiender66 wrote: »
    Forgive me if this is a naive question, but in the wealth of information available (already overwhelming) I've not been able to find a simple answer to it.

Shortly: when CP 2.0 will come to live, we'll find a proportional reassessment of we already earned (say: 810+ = 3600, 600 = something around 2500, etc), or a flat "same as you have" (810 = 810, 600 = 600, etc)?

This has been discussed a few times and so far it would seem that the official stance on the matter is 'we will do as we will do and we will let the users justify whatever we choose to do.'
    Edited by ApoAlaia on February 26, 2021 8:12AM
  • Berenhir
    Berenhir
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You will have the same amount of CP as you have now. So if you're 600 now, you'll be 600 after the patch as well.
    PC EU - Ebonheart Pact - Gray Host - Death Recap -#zergfarming -
  • fiender66
    fiender66
    ✭✭✭✭
    Berenhir wrote: »
    You will have the same amount of CP as you have now. So if you're 600 now, you'll be 600 after the patch as well.

Ouch... welcome the world of Korean MMO's grinding. I hoped to have left it behind long ago :(
  • remosito
    remosito
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Berenhir wrote: »

Ouch... welcome the world of Korean MMO's grinding. I hoped to have left it behind long ago :(

they flattened the curve considerably.
    ShutYerTrap (selectively mute NPC dialogues (stuga, companions); displayleads (antiquity leads location); UndauntedPledgeQueuer (small daily undaunted dungeon queuer window)
  • stefj68
    stefj68
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    still i tested on pts, i need 1900cp to be able to do exactly the same things as 810cp :( so 900 grind! i love ya ZOS!

all my characters cp are set for 2 roles... dps/heal or heal/tank etc etc...

without having to respect everything each time

current cp should be based on xp earned and reajusted with the new curved
    Edited by stefj68 on February 26, 2021 2:41PM
  • fiender66
    fiender66
    ✭✭✭✭
    I just did a sort of informal test on PTS:

Breton mag blade grothdar+spinner+mad tink, lover 7 divines. I set the CPs like they were at 600 (so: 200 to each section) and tried to obtain the same balance between spell dam and crit I happily have on a similar toon on live.

Oh my! Running a pair of public dungeons the feeling I had rather closely recalled that of being at 25-30XP with the 600 CP on: uncomfortable to put it mildly...

Maybe this is in part to attribute to my clumsiness in allocating the CPs, but I doubt it. CP 2.0 is not so difficult to manage, IMO it is even clearer than the old system, and I have concocted several test builds at max level, with full satisfaction (OK, the first one or two were not so good, but practice improves)

I love the new CP system, but fail to understand why I (and everyone else under 1000CP, that's to say the vast majority) have to pass such an ordeal. I say it again, that reminds me of when years ago I played Korean MMOs, with their insane grinding (namely, Silkroad Online by Joymax). Really not a progress. Grunt...