The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Question about new CP system

Castagere
Castagere
✭✭✭✭✭
Ok, when this hits live are you going to get all your points refunded in an outside pool or something? The green tree used to be about stamina and weapon damage. The new tree seems to be about crafting which I don't care about, So if I open the green tree and see my points there I will not be happy.
  • Fennwitty
    Fennwitty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Everything will be reset.

Including your skills incidentally, but that's a coincidence. To fix an issue where some people had more skill points than intended.
    PC NA
  • Shantu
    Shantu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I think the OP is asking about the forced equal distribution of CP's to each of the 3 trees. In that regard, I see a lot of unhappiness coming.
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The points will continue to be distributed evenly into each color, according to the latest PTS.

At least now if you have absolutely no interest whatsoever in extra gold (three nodes for that), free uses of potions/poisons or soul gems, even more extra time on food and drink, better sneaking, faster or cheaper movement, more mats, or what have you, then there’s no penalty for not investing the CP like there currently is on live, since they removed the 20% bonus for investing 100 CP in each tree and built some of it into our base stats.
  • Castagere
    Castagere
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shantu wrote: »
    I think the OP is asking about the forced equal distribution of CP's to each of the 3 trees. In that regard, I see a lot of unhappiness coming.

This is what I'm asking. And if you don't craft why would I want to put points into a full crafting tree. Yeah, it looks like they snuck in a few non crafting things in the tree to get you to spend points in the tree. This is the kind of sneaky stuff Devs will do that I hate.
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Castagere wrote: »
    Shantu wrote: »

This is what I'm asking. And if you don't craft why would I want to put points into a full crafting tree. Yeah, it looks like they snuck in a few non crafting things in the tree to get you to spend points in the tree. This is the kind of sneaky stuff Devs will do that I hate.

You might say it was...crafty of them.

The word isn't limited to construction. I still wish they'd just use the Thief, though.
  • Ratzkifal
    Ratzkifal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok, when this hits live are you going to get all your points refunded in an outside pool or something? The green tree used to be about stamina and weapon damage. The new tree seems to be about crafting which I don't care about, So if I open the green tree and see my points there I will not be happy.

The green tree used to be about sustain, not (exclusively) about stamina and not about weapon damage at all. Unless you are talking about the 20% base stat increase. That went away but our base stats were raised in return so there isn't really a loss happening here. It also means, as virtus753 pointed out, that you do not need to invest into anything green to be viable. The green CP is just for fun and quality of life.

The other issue you seem to have might be due to language barrier. "Craft" does not refer only to crafting gear or potions. Many things can be a "craft", like lockpicking for example or the art of staying hidden. All the things you find in the new green CPs are not about combat. The combat related effects are split across Fitness and Warfare so people now have to make choices rather than everyone getting sustain, damage and mitigation without drawbacks.
    This Bosmer was tortured to death. There is nothing left to be done.
  • trackdemon5512
    trackdemon5512
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ratzkifal wrote: »

The green tree used to be about sustain, not (exclusively) about stamina and not about weapon damage at all. Unless you are talking about the 20% base stat increase. That went away but our base stats were raised in return so there isn't really a loss happening here. It also means, as virtus753 pointed out, that you do not need to invest into anything green to be viable. The green CP is just for fun and quality of life.

The other issue you seem to have might be due to language barrier. "Craft" does not refer only to crafting gear or potions. Many things can be a "craft", like lockpicking for example or the art of staying hidden. All the things you find in the new green CPs are not about combat. The combat related effects are split across Fitness and Warfare so people now have to make choices rather than everyone getting sustain, damage and mitigation without drawbacks.

The tree name really should now be called "Trade" or better yet "Profession"
  • Castagere
    Castagere
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for all the replies guys. I thought the green tree used have precise strikes or something like that.
  • MrZeDark
    MrZeDark
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for all the replies guys. I thought the green tree used have precise strikes or something like that.

No, it did not. Blue was all your dmg mods / potential dmg. Green was sustain and combat utility, red was mitigation.