The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Why only 2 event tickets per day? Every other has been 3 per day.

Aptonoth
Aptonoth
✭✭✭✭✭
This has me very worried what if in the future they completely remove event tickets and they are buy only?
  • B0SSzombie
    B0SSzombie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There have been 2 ticket a day Events before.

And considering that there's only 3 pieces of the base morph, and 3 pieces to morph it, instead of 4 and 4 like with the Indriks, we don't need as many Tickets anyway.
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don’t have references so I could be misremembering, but I believe that other events in the past have been 2 tickets per day. I’m certain they won’t ever be buy only, but maybe more rewards than you could get from drops alone so you must choose or buy. I wouldn’t mind that, tbh; I never want everything and choices and appreciated.
  • Nomadic_Atmoran
    Nomadic_Atmoran
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    B0SSzombie wrote: »

And considering that there's only 3 pieces of the base morph, and 3 pieces to morph it, instead of 4 and 4 like with the Indriks, we don't need as many Tickets anyway.

And if youre just starting. This event basically forces you to focus on the pet and maybe a single piece of the skin. You won't have the tickets to get anything else. Want more than that? You will have to chase down everything else via grinding on multiple characters with no guarantee that RNGesus will be on your side. That outfit style? The skin and momento? Maybe next time.

And before anyone goes on a rant about how there WILL be a next time. I'm not arguing that people should be able to collect everything in the Impersarios store in one event. Just that 26 tickets is a bit tight when people are trying to not only collect the yearly rewards but also get a little something from the individual event itself. But with every event pumping out more and more things to grab from the Impersario. This event forces you to turn to the Crown Store and that shouldn't be praised or defended ever.
    Edited by Nomadic_Atmoran on February 25, 2021 5:48PM
    Penniless Sellsword Company
    Captain Paramount Jorrhaq Vhent
    Korith Eaglecry - Laerinel Rhaev - Enrerion - Caius Berilius - Seylina Ithvala - Signa Squallrider - H'Vak the Grimjawl
    Yynril Rothvani - Tenarei Rhaev - Bathes-In-Coin - Dazsh Ro Khar - Aredyhel - Reads-To-Frogs - Azjani Ma'Les
    Kheshna gra-Gharbuk - Gallisten Bondurant - Aban Shahid Bakr - Etain Maquier - Atsu Kalame - Faulpia Severinus
  • Kiralyn2000
    Kiralyn2000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Honestly, most of the events over the years were 2 tickets. 3 was only for the "big" events, or the seasons/quarters where there weren't as many events.
  • AlnilamE
    AlnilamE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

And if youre just starting. This event basically forces you to focus on the pet and maybe a single piece of the skin. You won't have the tickets to get anything else. Want more than that? You will have to chase down everything else via grinding on multiple characters with no guarantee that RNGesus will be on your side. That outfit style? The skin and momento? Maybe next time.

And before anyone goes on a rant about how there WILL be a next time. I'm not arguing that people should be able to collect everything in the Impersarios store in one event. Just that 26 tickets is a bit tight when people are trying to not only collect the yearly rewards but also get a little something from the individual event itself. This event forces you to turn to the Crown Store and that shouldn't be praised or defended ever.

I mean, if you are starting on the second event of a quarter, you are going to have to make choices. There's no way around that.

However, keep in mind that the pet pieces will be here for the entire year, and the skin pieces will be here until the end of March.
    The Moot Councillor
  • amm7sb14_ESO
    amm7sb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For as long as I've been back, every event has been 3 tickets.
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    During Witches and New Life in 2018, only one ticket was earnable per day.

Most of the events until 2020 were only two tickets per day.

It is a more recent thing that more events have had three tickets per day (or on rare occasion more, in at least one case to make up for a failed event).

https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Event_Tickets
    Edited by virtus753 on February 25, 2021 5:54PM
  • Sarannah
    Sarannah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    All events so far have been either two or three event tickets. I suspect the only reason the previous year almost every event gave us three tickets, was so players could catch up with the event feathers for the mounts.
  • B0SSzombie
    B0SSzombie
    ✭✭✭✭✭

And before anyone goes on a rant about how there WILL be a next time. I'm not arguing that people should be able to collect everything in the Impersarios store in one event. Just that 26 tickets is a bit tight when people are trying to not only collect the yearly rewards but also get a little something from the individual event itself. But with every event pumping out more and more things to grab from the Impersario. This event forces you to turn to the Crown Store and that shouldn't be praised or defended ever.

The bonus items (skin, Pet Fragments, Outfit style) of this event are amongst the absolute easiest to obtain of any event ever. The only other event I can think of that had guaranteed drops for Outfit style pages was one of the Orsinium Events where you got a Maelstrom style page when clearing the Arena on Vet.

Compared to that, getting a Doctrine Ordinator page for clearing HoF or AS on NORMAL is a cake walk.

Even if you can't be bothered to do that, they'll be dirt cheap in guild vendors within a week anyway.
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sarannah wrote: »
    All events so far have been either two or three event tickets. I suspect the only reason the previous year almost every event gave us three tickets, was so players could catch up with the event feathers for the mounts.

Most have been two or three per day, but not all.

Two of the first four ticket-granting events gave only one. And two events have given five, though one of those (New Life 2019-2020) was including the 3 per day from the failed Undaunted event that had to be shut down just hours into it the month prior.

There was definitely a trend where we saw increasing tickets (most events in 2019 were two per day, while most in 2020 were three or more), and I think you’re probably right about it being designed to encourage people to catch up (and then resort to the crown store if necessary to finish). Now the base item is only 3 collectibles for 5 tickets each rather than 4 collectibles for 10 each, I’m not surprised to see this event is only two per day.
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just another question here: the main reward from getting those tickets this year is this floating stone that’s a pet? Or is there a mount attached to it like the Indriks?
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
  • B0SSzombie
    B0SSzombie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seraphayel wrote: »
    Just another question here: the main reward from getting those tickets this year is this floating stone that’s a pet? Or is there a mount attached to it like the Indriks?

The pet can be morphed into other things.

Q1 Events will be a skin (Which you can see on the NPCs at the Event Tent)
    Q2 will be a Personality
    Q3 will be a Mount
    Q4 will be a House

You will need to recollect the Pet Fragments everytime you morph it, so keep that in mind.
  • Nomadic_Atmoran
    Nomadic_Atmoran
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AlnilamE wrote: »

And before anyone goes on a rant about how there WILL be a next time. I'm not arguing that people should be able to collect everything in the Impersarios store in one event. Just that 26 tickets is a bit tight when people are trying to not only collect the yearly rewards but also get a little something from the individual event itself. This event forces you to turn to the Crown Store and that shouldn't be praised or defended ever.

I mean, if you are starting on the second event of a quarter, you are going to have to make choices. There's no way around that.

However, keep in mind that the pet pieces will be here for the entire year, and the skin pieces will be here until the end of March.

It's almost as if you didn't read the second half of what I posted. The point here is that the rewards for the events have now out grown the payouts of these events. It used to be that you could at the very least get what you needed for the yearly event and a little something from the current event itself. But that is getting more and more difficult with every event. Currently there are 87 tickets worth of items in the Impersario with a maximum of 26 tickets for this event. You cant even complete the outfit style if you start from scratch here.
    Korith Eaglecry - Laerinel Rhaev - Enrerion - Caius Berilius - Seylina Ithvala - Signa Squallrider - H'Vak the Grimjawl
    Yynril Rothvani - Tenarei Rhaev - Bathes-In-Coin - Dazsh Ro Khar - Aredyhel - Reads-To-Frogs - Azjani Ma'Les
    Kheshna gra-Gharbuk - Gallisten Bondurant - Aban Shahid Bakr - Etain Maquier - Atsu Kalame - Faulpia Severinus
  • doomette
    doomette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seraphayel wrote: »

The pet is the base form of the reward, which you’ll be able to morph into a skin.
  • Wolfpaw
    Wolfpaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Crown Store.
  • r3turn2s3nd3r
    r3turn2s3nd3r
    ✭✭✭✭
    This event forces you to turn to the Crown Store and that shouldn't be praised or defended ever.

You're not 'forced' to do anything. Having said that, you can have tickets gifted for gold if you really need extra tickets. Grind the content for drops or grind gold to buy them via gifted tickets. Grind is grind.
  • Mindcr0w
    Mindcr0w
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Aptonoth wrote: »
    This has me very worried what if in the future they completely remove event tickets and they are buy only?

Oh come on.

It is a huge leap to go from "this event gives fewer tickets" to "earnable tickets are being phased out!!!!!".

Especially when, as has been mentioned, more events over the lifetime of ESO have been 2 tickets per day than 3.
    Edited by Mindcr0w on February 25, 2021 6:57PM
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You cant even complete the outfit style if you start from scratch here.

Don't forget that outfit style pages will drop in the reward boxes; you don't have to buy all of them with tickets, only the ones you want that you didn't get as drops-- or got, but chose to sell instead of keep for yourself.
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
  • RedMuse
    RedMuse
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Or you could look at the guild traders at the end of the event. If the actual drop rate of these things are anything like I've had today they'll be cheaper than dirt.
  • Nomadic_Atmoran
    Nomadic_Atmoran
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SeaGtGruff wrote: »

Don't forget that outfit style pages will drop in the reward boxes; you don't have to buy all of them with tickets, only the ones you want that you didn't get as drops-- or got, but chose to sell instead of keep for yourself.

Don't forget that there is a thing called RNGesus and not everyone are no-lifers that will cycle through 18 characters in a single day to maximize their chances.
  • Nomadic_Atmoran
    Nomadic_Atmoran
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    double post.

Edited by Nomadic_Atmoran on February 25, 2021 7:14PM
  • doomette
    doomette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    RedMuse wrote: »

Or you could look at the guild traders at the end of the event. If the actual drop rate of these things are anything like I've had today they'll be cheaper than dirt.

Yeah, there’s always this panic before events that oh em gee, how will I ever get ALL THE THINGS!! before we even know what the drop rates are going to be like. Granted some events have been stingier than others, but most have had pretty generous drop rates.
  • Starlock
    Starlock
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm probably infamous around here for being harshly critical and outspoken about this game's problematic monetization.

Even I recognize that this event is an improvement. There's three positive changes I've noticed:

One, the drop rate for event boxes seems decent and fair compared to some previous events. It's too early for me to be firm on that right now, but considering I don't grind and I got 3 extra boxes just doing one set of dailies in both zones on one character? That's pretty darn decent. Two, I was expecting the skin and the pet to cost at minimum 10 tickets each, or for it to be split up into multiple fragments that would cost 5 tickets each. They didn't do that. The skin and the pet are both a very reasonable 5 tickets each. Best of all (third), most of the event collectibles are NOT bound on pickup and can be traded freely between players. This is a positive step up in fairness and accessibility to event rewards compared to some of the crap their monetization designers have pulled in the past.

That's not to say it's perfect. The fact that event tickets are available in the cash shop at all is problematic and not something the game needed. But this event is far fairer in its design than others have been (looking at you, Murkmire 2020) - credit where credit is due. Let's see if the trend holds.
  • Krec
    Krec
    ✭✭✭
    SeaGtGruff wrote: »

Don't forget that there is a thing called RNGesus and not everyone are no-lifers that will cycle through 18 characters in a single day to maximize their chances.

wow no-lifers! a bit harsh... wonder what they call peeps who complain about tixs?
  • IneedaDollar
    IneedaDollar
    ✭✭✭
    I can understand why some people wanna collect every item available but honestly it's just a game and they don't realy improve your ESO experience that much anyway.
    There are so many collectibles in this game it probably won't hurt you to skip a few.
    Focus on the the stuff you realy like and ignore the items you only need for collection purposes and the event is much more enjoyable.
    Collecting everything in this game is almost impossible anyway.
    I also like the philosophy of non combat related items being exclusive for some people.
    Items that you can show other people in the future and say: "yeah that was from the event 3 years ago" or "I'm a dedicated PvP player here's my emp costume" or "I'm a godslayer look at my fancy mount".
    So yeah I don't mind 2 event tickets per day and I don't think it forces you to buy tickets with crowns.
    Just an opinion though but i think it's worth thinking about.
  • oddbasket
    oddbasket
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Events started with 2 tickets, then they'd increased it to 3 because of several reasons like letting players catch up with their indrik fragments due to disappointingly buggy events and server performance and it stuck.

ZOS giveth, ZOS taketh away.
  • trackdemon5512
    trackdemon5512
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's a DLC event, that's why. If you don't have ESO+ or own either of the two DLCs then you're getting nothing. This is all for the fairness of players that don't get to play. Don't worry, Jester Fest and Anniversary have a ton of tickets.
  • volkeswagon
    volkeswagon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Depends how long the event is. Also the morph base pieces are only 5 tickets as opposed to 10 for the indork
    Edited by volkeswagon on February 26, 2021 3:31AM
  • Nomadic_Atmoran
    Nomadic_Atmoran
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Starlock wrote: »

I'm probably infamous around here for being harshly critical and outspoken about this game's problematic monetization.

Even I recognize that this event is an improvement. There's three positive changes I've noticed:

One, the drop rate for event boxes seems decent and fair compared to some previous events. It's too early for me to be firm on that right now, but considering I don't grind and I got 3 extra boxes just doing one set of dailies in both zones on one character? That's pretty darn decent. Two, I was expecting the skin and the pet to cost at minimum 10 tickets each, or for it to be split up into multiple fragments that would cost 5 tickets each. They didn't do that. The skin and the pet are both a very reasonable 5 tickets each. Best of all (third), most of the event collectibles are NOT bound on pickup and can be traded freely between players. This is a positive step up in fairness and accessibility to event rewards compared to some of the crap their monetization designers have pulled in the past.

That's not to say it's perfect. The fact that event tickets are available in the cash shop at all is problematic and not something the game needed. But this event is far fairer in its design than others have been (looking at you, Murkmire 2020) - credit where credit is due. Let's see if the trend holds.

There is no denying that occasionally players will get lucky. Hell I've gotten extremely lucky during events where the drop rates where crap. But the overwhelming sentiment at the end of these events is that the RNG was abysmal. And there is no reason to believe this event is any different without some actual numbers to reflect that. Youre right 1 day is not enough to really get a good picture. But a year + of previous events is more than enough to come to an educated guess that this will be no different.

Do the math here. 26 tickets. 50+ tickets to get everything new in the Impersario store. Even if you aren't aiming for everything. Even if youre just trying to catch up and get an item or two. You're hard pressed to do so. The argument I am making here is not that the event has absolutely failed on all fronts. Its that the ticket pay out is not keeping up with the amount of items the Impersario and the event now offers. In the past 2 tickets per day was fine and manageable because at the time the Impersario did not offer much. It was a much more laid back approach to obtaining the fun things you could buy with the tickets that anyone casual or hardcore grinder alike could participate in. But now that they are adding more and more things to the store to obtain. Its going to get more and more difficult to use your tickets for what you want.

I think the biggest disconnect here for a lot of people is that they cant see things from the casual/new player perspective here. A lot of you are the grinders. Youre going to run the event with multiple characters and a lot of you are going to purchase those Crown Tickets because you can. I dont think it unreasonable to point out that ZOS might need to reevaluate the payouts to reflect the growth in the event store itself.
  • Ratzkifal
    Ratzkifal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wasn't there an event where you got 5 tickets a day because midyear mayham was cancelled that year? I vaguely remember something like that happening.
    This Bosmer was tortured to death. There is nothing left to be done.