The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

So, with a full template, what's the DPS?

preevious
preevious
✭✭✭✭✭
I see no one complaining about it anymore nor porsting about it anymore, and since I changed computers, I do not have access to PTS, for disk space reasons.

So ..

With cp > 1100, finally ... nerf or no nerf?
  • UrbanMonk
    UrbanMonk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    after 1100 there is nothing much left to buff your DPS.
    Urban.Monk

-Monk I- Magden- ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
    -Tsürügi- MagBlade- ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
    -Bantam Bomber- MagPlar- AVA28
    -Hot Nöödle- MagDK - AVA37
    -Pablo Necrobar- StamCro- AVA24

youtube.com/c/UrbanMonkGaming
    Easiest mDK for vMA and vVH- https://youtu.be/dUxQO1FO1XQ

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    Balance for the Sake of Balance is no Balance at all.
  • preevious
    preevious
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    yes, sure, but what I mean is .. is a cp1100 from the PTS less effective than a cp 810 on live, or are they equals?

Is there really a damage loss? I could only test with a cp880, so I can't know for sure.
  • Olupajmibanan
    Olupajmibanan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    preevious wrote: »
    yes, sure, but what I mean is .. is a cp1100 from the PTS less effective than a cp 810 on live, or are they equals?

Is there really a damage loss? I could only test with a cp880, so I can't know for sure.

I am experiencing cca 5-7k dps drop depending on class.
    MagDK 96 -> 90
    Stam DK 102 -> 99
    Magplar 92 -> 85
    Stamden 105 -> 99
    Stamplar 104 -> 89 (this one is irelevant, because jabs weaving is buggy as hell on PTs. My regular LA ratio is 0,96 but with Stampalr it's barely 0,7)

And from what I've seen on class discords, other players report the same loss.

The loss is certainly there, but nothing severe.
  • preevious
    preevious
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok, thank a bunch for the numbers.
    It's, indeed, not so bad.
  • Shantu
    Shantu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I've tested with MagPlar, StamCro, StamSorc, and MagSorc. I'm seeing about a 10% loss in all. We'll live through it, but it's still a rather pointless nerf to base damage that will accomplish nothing but upset a lot of players.
  • Mykriz
    Mykriz
    ✭✭✭
    Watched a streamer last night consistently get 96k on stamplar with different sets
  • Sahidom
    Sahidom
    ✭✭✭✭
    This is an on topic but off when looking at full CP allocations. You will have more CP going into redundant non-slotted stars after you've spent full stars upto your primary parsing spec.
  • CleymenZero
    CleymenZero
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    preevious wrote: »

I am experiencing cca 5-7k dps drop depending on class.
    MagDK 96 -> 90
    Stam DK 102 -> 99
    Magplar 92 -> 85
    Stamden 105 -> 99
    Stamplar 104 -> 89 (this one is irelevant, because jabs weaving is buggy as hell on PTs. My regular LA ratio is 0,96 but with Stampalr it's barely 0,7)

And from what I've seen on class discords, other players report the same loss.

The loss is certainly there, but nothing severe.

I've seen a 97k magDK parse. I think he was using either daggers axe or double axes.

Since magDK is a melee class, having DW isn't too dramatic unless you need to heavy attack to sustain.

On DW, you could go precise and charged to maximize burning uptimes therefore improve sustain.

I feel like we're not done discovering the best setups yet.
  • stefj68
    stefj68
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mykriz wrote: »
    Watched a streamer last night consistently get 96k on stamplar with different sets

must have been an old recording :pensive:
  • Pallio
    Pallio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some hard core steamers are posting anything that can get close to 100k dps, some are just wild combinations of gear, axe, daggers on Mag.. Stam using mag skills etc. Who knows what will make it to final patch and how realistic these parses will be in live trial runs, all the mag dps in melee range? Parsing is fun, but not always realistic.
  • spacefracking
    spacefracking
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hitting these numbers will mean 0 damage mitigation as well.
  • Random_Zombie
    Random_Zombie
    ✭✭✭
    stefj68 wrote: »
    Mykriz wrote: »

must have been an old recording :pensive:

Nah, Skinny cheeks hit 100k with deadly+rele and crit monter set on Stamplar. No cheese required
  • Artanisul
    Artanisul
    ✭✭✭✭

This is why I say progression is a good distance past 1100. Before trial players had both the damage and resistance to really push the envelope and now it will take much longer to get all the points to get back the lost power. People still argue that DPS is JUST dps and "You only need about 1100 to get to full DPS slotting." silly I know....
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Only if you're below 1170 CP. At that point you can't increase your damage any more through CP.

For the blue tree, you need 200 CP for your four active nodes, then 40 each for Precision and Piercing, plus 40 for Battle Mastery/Flawless Ritual and 30 for Mighty/War Mage. At that point you're maxed on damage in that tree and can start investing in mitigation without sacrificing dps.
  • ErMurazor
    ErMurazor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For DDs in endgame veteran trials u will want both damage and mitigation and healing recieved maxed out. Then we talk about around 1700 CP
    Edited by ErMurazor on February 27, 2021 11:53PM
  • itscompton
    itscompton
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Artanisul wrote: »

This is why I say progression is a good distance past 1100. Before trial players had both the damage and resistance to really push the envelope and now it will take much longer to get all the points to get back the lost power. People still argue that DPS is JUST dps and "You only need about 1100 to get to full DPS slotting." silly I know....

The major portion of mitigation from CP is in the active stars now and if you want to min/max for DPS you're never getting that mitigation back since you won't have the spaces to slot them.
    Saying "zero" is a bit misleading though as we will get 4% damage reduction from each type of damage off the passive stars.
    Edited by itscompton on February 28, 2021 12:22AM
  • Hotdog_23
    Hotdog_23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Skinny Cheeks did a awesome video called "New Champion Point System | Leveling Guide for Damage Dealers | Complete DPS Guide to CP" with a great CP Spreadsheet on google docs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPGQeCdqd98

Stay safe and have fun :)
  • FinrodMacBeorn
    FinrodMacBeorn
    ✭✭✭
    itscompton wrote: »

The major portion of mitigation from CP is in the active stars now and if you want to min/max for DPS you're never getting that mitigation back since you won't have the spaces to slot them.
    Saying "zero" is a bit misleading though as we will get 4% damage reduction from each type of damage off the passive stars.

It's 12% for pve - there is an additional -8% from all non-player damage due to the passive "preparation".

For the whole -12%, you need 130 blue cp (3x40 + 10 cp in quick recovery to open up the other three perks). Therefore, for raw damage 1170 cp suffice, whereas for all significant survival perks, you need 390 cp more, i.e. 1560 cp.