The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Drake's Rush

Thor199389
Thor199389
✭✭✭
@ZOS_GinaBruno
Hey there,
Apperently you forgot the changes on the new Set "Drake's Rush" on the Patch Notes.
In Version 6.3.0 Notes, the 5 piece bonus was stated as follows:
"5 – When you Bash an enemy, you and up to 11 group members within 15 meters of you gain Major Heroism for 12 seconds, granting you 3 Ultimate every 1.5 seconds. This effect can occur once every 18 seconds."
Now it is reduced to you and up to 3 group members on pts.

Would be nice if you could add it in the next notes so people do not get as confused as I did when I checked it :)
  • BlazingDynamo
    BlazingDynamo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Let's just hope it was a mistake and it doesn't go live like that. Would be incredibly nice to have a new 5 price that was useful on tanks in trials.
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am pretty sure the reason it was done is pvp - to prevent ball groups from generating insane amounts of ulti and ulti-dumpping spamming left & right. It is the same reason Dead-Water's Guile was nerfed (now you will have to deal killing blow vs dealing dmg to enemy that dies after x seconds). :|
  • Foolebuilt_33
    Foolebuilt_33
    ✭✭✭
    I am pretty sure the reason it was done is pvp - to prevent ball groups from generating insane amounts of ulti and ulti-dumpping spamming left & right. It is the same reason Dead-Water's Guile was nerfed (now you will have to deal killing blow vs dealing dmg to enemy that dies after x seconds). :|

All they would need to do is add "non player" after enemy and it would be fixed for pve and pvp
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Ye because having 66% uptime on major heroism for an entire PvE raid sounds balanced right?
  • Raegwyr
    Raegwyr
    ✭✭✭✭

If i remember they stated the jssue was in pvp but also in pve as they conidered it to be pre boss buff set that allow all ppl to have full ult on boss fight. Still the explanation is total bs for pve and adding requirement for "non-player enemy" would resolve issue with dead water in pvp.
    Sometimes i think zos just hates fun and cares only about spreadsheet
  • buldezir
    buldezir
    ✭✭
    if it will be released with "up to 3 group members" - then it will be born dead.
    u dont need such set in pve. and no use case it pve. maaaay be in pvp.
    same for Arkasis, it was usable (before "in combat patch") set, and now its dead.
    same for dead water - it was usable it trials, now u NOT FIXING it. U making it just unusable.

please ZOS guys, understand your game.
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    buldezir wrote: »
    if it will be released with "up to 3 group members" - then it will be born dead.
    same for Arkasis, it was usable (before "in combat patch") set, and now its dead.
    same for dead water - it was usable it trials, now u NOT FIXING it. U making it just unusable.

They understand the game in this case and I`m glad ZOS reduced the amount of players getting major heroism. Anyone thinking this set is bad should reconsider their understanding about the game.
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Qbiken wrote: »
    buldezir wrote: »

They understand the game in this case and I`m glad ZOS reduced the amount of players getting major heroism. Anyone thinking this set is bad should reconsider their understanding about the game.

I think the new Drake’s Rush is bad, and I have a pretty good understanding of the game. It’s just a worse version of Arkasis.

The 12-man version would have been one of the stronger support sets (better than Yolna or Worm), but not ridiculously so. It would not have been #1. I think this will become very obvious in 4-man content after release. Groups with 3 DPS and one tank will continue to use Olorime over Drake’s because it’s simply better, just like they use Olorime over Arkasis now. This same logic scales up to groups of 12.

On live Alkosh is much more powerful than the original 12-man form of Drake’s, and the only reason people considered making that swap was due to Spell Pen changes. If 3000 armor removal was still necessary next patch that would remain better than 1.33 ult/s.

To summarize, original Drake’s was better than the worst trial support sets, but worse than the best trial support sets. IMO that means it’s balanced. The nerfed version of Drakes is worse than all the existing trial and dungeon support sets we use, which makes it unbalanced and decon garbage.

If it needed a nerf then reducing the uptime would have been fine. Maybe reduce it 25% and have it peak at 1 ult/s on 12 players. Reducing its effectiveness by 67% (12 to 4 affected) was not a reasonable move.
    Edited by WrathOfInnos on March 4, 2021 7:03PM
  • DreadDaedroth
    DreadDaedroth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why don't make it six group members? Even if it's not a standard dungeon or trial number size.
  • karekiz
    karekiz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yeah now its a set with another wonky Figure Out How the devs designed who targets what when set. How fun.
  • YandereGirlfriend
    YandereGirlfriend
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Let's take a moment here to appreciate the irony of ZOS deciding to pre-emptively dumpster Drake's Rush at the behest of certain whinging PvP'ers... and then the set is banned from Cyrodiil for the next six months anyway.

If I were still regularly PvE'ing, I would be outraged that, once again, the loudest PvP nerflings got a promising PvE set ruined.
  • Olupajmibanan
    Olupajmibanan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Let's take a moment here to appreciate the irony of ZOS deciding to pre-emptively dumpster Drake's Rush at the behest of certain whinging PvP'ers... and then the set is banned from Cyrodiil for the next six months anyway.

If I were still regularly PvE'ing, I would be outraged that, once again, the loudest PvP nerflings got a promising PvE set ruined.

The Cyro test actually shown something important. Previously, ZOS's excuse for not balancing PvE and PvP separately was "Tamriel is a single world and it would be too much work anyways". But this test shows that they are capable of changing sets quite easily to work only in PvE and not in PvP!

Your excuse is gone ZOS, now find a new one or better, balance PvE and PvP SEPARATELY!!!!!
    Edited by Olupajmibanan on March 8, 2021 7:19AM
  • frankwchenzo
    frankwchenzo
    ✭✭
    66.7% uptime of Major Heroism and there is still QQ about this set being bad...
    Tons of Destruction ult in pve, tons of DBoS&Leap&NOVA&Negate

Kind of deserve this nerf
  • Jolipinator
    Jolipinator
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en-GB/discussion/comment/7153991/#Comment_7153991

Live patch notes state:
    5 – When you Bash an enemy, you and up to 11 group members within 15 meters of you gain Major Heroism for 12 seconds, granting you 3 Ultimate every 1.5 seconds. This effect can occur once every 18 seconds.
    PS5 EU.
  • Thor199389
    Thor199389
    ✭✭✭
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en-GB/discussion/comment/7153991/#Comment_7153991

Live patch notes state:
    5 – When you Bash an enemy, you and up to 11 group members within 15 meters of you gain Major Heroism for 12 seconds, granting you 3 Ultimate every 1.5 seconds. This effect can occur once every 18 seconds.

Thanks Mate! still have to look at it ingame and test it to make sure... I dont trust ZoS anymore... not even being able to put up proper natch potes nor correct ingame texts