The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.0.3 on the PTS on Monday at 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC).

New CP grind

• Ragnaroek93
    Ragnaroek93
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    How long it takes depends on how much you are willing to grind. Biggest problem is that grinding xp in this game is incredible stupid because pvp, dungeons, trials and quests don't reward as much as grinding zombies. With proper grinding it should take around 300 hours of grinding (for 1800 CP), a bit less if you grind a lot during double xp events. Playing a mmo for 300 hours isn't much but grinding boring nonsense for 300 hours is actually A LOT.

Around 1000 CP should be really fast now and if you play no cp pvp and don't want to compete in trial leaderboards you'll be "fine" with this (tho being "fine" doesn't mean that the entire system is fine and I'll expect further changes to it, I think they'll give us more enjoyable ways to grind xp instead of farming zombies).
    I used to think that PvP was a tragedy, but now I realize, it's a comedy.
    Options
  • codierussell
    codierussell
    ✭✭✭✭
    How long it takes depends on how much you are willing to grind. Biggest problem is that grinding xp in this game is incredible stupid because pvp, dungeons, trials and quests don't reward as much as grinding zombies. With proper grinding it should take around 300 hours of grinding (for 1800 CP), a bit less if you grind a lot during double xp events. Playing a mmo for 300 hours isn't much but grinding boring nonsense for 300 hours is actually A LOT.

Around 1000 CP should be really fast now and if you play no cp pvp and don't want to compete in trial leaderboards you'll be "fine" with this (tho being "fine" doesn't mean that the entire system is fine and I'll expect further changes to it, I think they'll give us more enjoyable ways to grind xp instead of farming zombies).

Honestly I would be okay for a large increase in quest xp given after hitting vet ranks. When you do a ten minute quest and get less xp than one group of zombies, let alone 10 minutes of a zombie farm it is outrageous. This is probably why I have next to no questing done on any characters. I do think that quests should give the most xp as it pushes you to do more content. If doing a DLC story quest gave like 1 million xp I would probably consider doing them.
    Options
  • crjs1
    crjs1
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Honestly I would be okay for a large increase in quest xp given after hitting vet ranks. When you do a ten minute quest and get less xp than one group of zombies, let alone 10 minutes of a zombie farm it is outrageous. This is probably why I have next to no questing done on any characters. I do think that quests should give the most xp as it pushes you to do more content. If doing a DLC story quest gave like 1 million xp I would probably consider doing them.

This 100%, for a mmorp so focused on questing the xp gain from them is tiny. It should be ramped up significantly, especially for main quests. This would really help new players too.
    Options
  • FinrodMacBeorn
    FinrodMacBeorn
    ✭✭✭
    crjs1 wrote: »

This 100%, for a mmorp so focused on questing the xp gain from them is tiny. It should be ramped up significantly, especially for main quests. This would really help new players too.

Yes, definitely - and additionally for time-consuming repeatable content, e.g. a vetDLC undaunted quest, a vet trial or a pvp quest. For balancing, the xp for just killing mobs can be reduced accordingly as it has been done in the past for mobs in public dungeons. So, people can still grind, but in various and not so mind-numbingly stupid ways.
    Options
  • codierussell
    codierussell
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes, definitely - and additionally for time-consuming repeatable content, e.g. a vetDLC undaunted quest, a vet trial or a pvp quest. For balancing, the xp for just killing mobs can be reduced accordingly as it has been done in the past for mobs in public dungeons. So, people can still grind, but in various and not so mind-numbingly stupid ways.

No don't touch the xp for mobs, as there will always be people that find that the best way to go about it. Mind numbing is easy remember and takes little to no effort. Simply just increase the gain from everything else. Even random normals are not worth it and they are probably the second best source of xp.

Now the alternative to grinding mobs is the master writs but as a console player I think it is a lot less common since you don't have add ons that instantly do it for you and more thought about pre making the items needed.

Options