The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Hunters glade bug

lonestarranger
lonestarranger
✭✭✭
Has anyone else experience this issue with varla stones turning off and not being on when you reenter your house. It has done this with several light sources. Xbox/na
  • bluebird
    bluebird
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, sadly this is an often-reported issue. :disappointed:

It commonly affects houses that have two very separate portions, like the portals that take you to sections away from the entrance Hall of the Lunar Champion, or the Plane of Jode in Jode's Embrace, or Hunter's Glade... Varla and Culanda stones are especially notorious (and annoying since you can't turn them on and off by interacting like you can with bugged braziers or candles or such).
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/533117/bugged-lighting
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/501671/strange-light-bug
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/527774/varla-culanda-stones-not-staying-lit
  • chuck-18_ESO
    chuck-18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I suspect this bug may be partially responsible for why the house hasn't returned to the Crown Store in so long. It's certainly disappointing to hear it still hasn't been fixed. The Glade was my favorite player home when I played on the PS4. I've since returned to PC, but I'll be passing on getting the Glade again due to the bug.
    The Exclusionary Mandates of Maruhkite Selection: All Are Equal

1: That the Supreme Spirit Akatosh is of unitary essence, as proven by the monolinearity of Time.
    1: That Shezarr the missing sibling is Singularly Misplaced and therefore Doubly Venerated.
    1: That the protean substrate that informs all denial of (1) is the Aldmeri Taint.
    1: That the Prophet Most Simian demonstrated that monothought begets Proper-Life.
    1: That the purpose of Proper-Life is the Expungement of the Taint.
    1: That the Arc of Time provides the mortal theater for the Sacred Expungement.
    1: That Akatosh is Time is Proper-Life is Taint-Death.
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hircine does not approve of those crystals. You must stick with fire and bioluminescent flora. :tongue:
  • chuck-18_ESO
    chuck-18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hircine does not approve of those crystals. You must stick with fire and bioluminescent flora. :tongue:

It's a bug with many types of "enchanted lighting" including the glowing mushrooms that are a major feature of the home. My original glade was a glowing, enchanted forest full of all the bioluminescent flora in-game. Unfortunately, half the time the flora would all be dim!
    The Exclusionary Mandates of Maruhkite Selection: All Are Equal

1: That the Supreme Spirit Akatosh is of unitary essence, as proven by the monolinearity of Time.
    1: That Shezarr the missing sibling is Singularly Misplaced and therefore Doubly Venerated.
    1: That the protean substrate that informs all denial of (1) is the Aldmeri Taint.
    1: That the Prophet Most Simian demonstrated that monothought begets Proper-Life.
    1: That the purpose of Proper-Life is the Expungement of the Taint.
    1: That the Arc of Time provides the mortal theater for the Sacred Expungement.
    1: That Akatosh is Time is Proper-Life is Taint-Death.
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It's a bug with many types of "enchanted lighting" including the glowing mushrooms that are a major feature of the home. My original glade was a glowing, enchanted forest full of all the bioluminescent flora in-game. Unfortunately, half the time the flora would all be dim!

That’s even worse! Of course it’s bad if any lights are bugged in a home, but I got the impression it was only the crystals. I recently bought this house and haven’t noticed any problem with the mushrooms but haven’t placed a large number of additional furnishings yet.

Edit: Looking at the past threads (thank you for the links!), it seems any enchanted lighting can be affected and it depends on placement although where these dysfunctional patches exist are without detectable pattern.

ZOS, please fix this!
    Edited by Araneae6537 on February 24, 2021 7:36AM
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Has anyone encountered these errors on PC? So far, all the posts I’ve seen in which the platform has been stated have been consoles, both PS4 and Xbox. Otherwise, I shall have to test this... 🤔