Maintenance for the week of September 9:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 9

Do people not play Redguards because of racism?

fredthefrown
fredthefrown
✭✭✭
They’re easily one of the best stam classes, basically the Bretons of stam, but you hardly ever see them. Is that because of the obvious reason?

Do people not play Redguards because of racism? 75 votes

Yes
9% 7 votes
No
90% 68 votes
  • Rungar
    Rungar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    can someone post that pic of picard with his hand over his face.
    It's 0.0666 of a second to midnight.

Rungar's Mystical Emporium
  • Syldras
    Syldras
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is that because of the obvious reason?

You call racism "the obvious reason"? You make strange assumptions.
    @Syldras | PC | EU
    The forceful expression of will gives true honor to the Ancestors.
    Sarayn Andrethi, Telvanni mage (Main)
    Darvasa Andrethi, his "I'm NOT a Necromancer!" sister
    Malacar Sunavarlas, Altmer Ayleid vampire
  • Monte_Cristo
    Monte_Cristo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Go to Glenumbra. You'll see heaps of Redguard players there.
  • Edaphon
    Edaphon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    GLLiBCb.png
  • Akinos
    Akinos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As a real life Redguard I can easily say it's not because racism, it's because the passives aren't as useful as say, Nord or Orc. I do remember a time when Redguards were one of the best stamina races, years ago though....

Also, the thread starter has had 3 of their 7 threads closed already, probably going to be 4/7 soon.

Just saying.
    PC NA | @AkinosPvP 1vX/Small Scaler, Raid Leader, Youtuber and Twitch.tv Streamer.MAGICKA MELEE IS LIFE!Magplar, MagDK, Magden, Magblade, Magsorc & Magcro PvP/Build videos & moretwitch.tv/akinospvp
  • Stratloc
    Stratloc
    ✭✭✭✭
    Edaphon wrote: »
    GLLiBCb.png

I mean, I've seen people here think that if you like dunmer lore you also support the concept of slavery, so there is that.
  • Scardan
    Scardan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rungar wrote: »

picard-meme-facepalm.jpg

We're all bad, let's get out of here.
    Edited by Scardan on February 20, 2021 9:02PM
    Let's be extremely precise in our use of terms.
  • Syldras
    Syldras
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stratloc wrote: »
    GLLiBCb.png

I mean, I've seen people here think that if you like dunmer lore you also support the concept of slavery, so there is that.

Next thread: Are people who enjoy playing Bosmer secretly cannibals?
    @Syldras | PC | EU
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rungar wrote: »

picard-meme-facepalm.jpg
    PC NA - Ceyanna Ashton - Breton Vampire MagDK
  • Nord_Raseri
    Nord_Raseri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do peopl
    Syldras wrote: »
    GLLiBCb.png

Or "Do you respect people who enjoy playing >Insert race<"
    Veit ég aðég hékk vindga meiði á nætr allar níu, geiri undaðr og gefinn Oðni, sjálfr sjálfum mér, á þeim meiði er manngi veit hvers hann af rótum rennr.
  • Scardan
    Scardan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    GLLiBCb.png

I'm dying right now.
    "Are people playing male characters misogynists?"
    Edited by Scardan on February 20, 2021 9:09PM
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What the hell is this poll?
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
  • LadyLethalla
    LadyLethalla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My first character in three ES games, including this one, has been a Redguard. But, when I changed my main to a magblade I made her a Breton. Then changed her back to stam and made her a Nord. Currently she's an Orc and I'm considering changing her back to mag, so probably a Breton again, but damn I miss her as she originally was.
    x-TallyCat-x // PC EU DC - For the Covenant! // ESO Platinum trophy - 16th May 2017.
    Melbourne Australia - the land of Potato Internet.WTB ESO OCEANIC SERVER
  • Syldras
    Syldras
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Or "Do you respect people who enjoy playing >Insert race<"

No. I don't respect people. I'm playing a Dunmer, after all.
    @Syldras | PC | EU
  • FantasticFreddie
    FantasticFreddie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Uhhh?
    Let's look at the Redguard passives for a moment.
    Reduce cost of weapon abilities
    2000 max stam
    Stam return every 5 seconds.

None of these are great.
    Tanks and dps don't use enough weapon abilities to take advantage of the cost reduction, there js no such thing as a viable stam healer, and generally speaking stamina specs aren't hurting for sustain in the first place.
    Bretons shine because they have reduced cost of all magicka abilities, not just weapon ones, and spell resistance. This makes them extremely popular healers, and sometimes pvp toons.
    You don't see many Breton tanks or pve dps, because their passives aren't good at it.

Redguards need some serious love to be brought in line with the other races.
  • Scardan
    Scardan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Uhhh?
    2000 max stam

None of these are great.
    Tanks and dps don't use enough weapon abilities to take advantage of the cost reduction, there js no such thing as a viable stam healer, and generally speaking stamina specs aren't hurting for sustain in the first place.
    Bretons shine because they have reduced cost of all magicka abilities, not just weapon ones, and spell resistance. This makes them extremely popular healers, and sometimes pvp toons.
    You don't see many Breton tanks or pve dps, because their passives aren't good at it.

2000 stamina isn't great? Sustain isn't great? Redguard being meta along the orc for stamina DD trial builds just because of extra stamina (=extra damage) and best sustain isn't great anymore? O.O Let me honestly disagree. Nerf sorc

Redguard may be not great sustain class anymore in next patch, I have heard, sustain were better there. Same for breton.
    Edited by Scardan on February 20, 2021 9:16PM
  • JobooAGS
    JobooAGS
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Your 1st falsehood is that you think that redguards in their current state are one of the best stam races. I dare say that they are at the bottom. Hell even altmer is better than them with their wd passive.
  • NotaDaedraWorshipper
    NotaDaedraWorshipper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are people who play bosmer cannibals?
    Are people who play dunmer into slavery and racism?
    Are people who play altmer you know, something something Godwin's law?
    Are people who play khajiit furries?
    Are people who play argonians scalies?
    Are people who play the Dark Brotherhood murderers?

🤦
    [Lie] Of course! I don't even worship Daedra!
  • Nord_Raseri
    Nord_Raseri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Uhhh?
    2000 max stam

None of these are great.

That's what I was thinking. If stam healer was a viable thing in endgame pve, they'd all be Redguards.
    Veit ég aðég hékk vindga meiði á nætr allar níu, geiri undaðr og gefinn Oðni, sjálfr sjálfum mér, á þeim meiði er manngi veit hvers hann af rótum rennr.
  • TwinLamps
    TwinLamps
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Am I racist? Yes. I avoid woodelves like a plague
    Awake, but at what cost
  • Scardan
    Scardan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TwinLamps wrote: »

You are not. Wood elves are not humans, so you are called "xenophobic" :P.
  • vibeborn
    vibeborn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, here's the thing. I'm a white Scandinavian. So would it be racist of me NOT to play a redguard?

OR would it actually be racist to BE PLAYING a redguard because I'm the "wrong" colour?

According to some people, the latter is just as racist as the former. So either way we're screwed

(I do have a dark skinned redguard among my chars, so I guess I don't care about people's opinions)
  • JobooAGS
    JobooAGS
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Scardan wrote: »
    Uhhh?
    2000 max stam

None of these are great.

2000 stamina isn't great? Sustain isn't great? Redguard being meta along the orc for stamina DD trial builds just because of extra stamina (=extra damage) and best sustain isn't great anymore? O.O Let me honestly disagree. Nerf sorc

Redguard may be not great sustain class anymore in next patch, I have heard, sustain were better there. Same for breton.

You do realize that dunmer has 258 wd and about equal stam. Also do you realize that 258 wd is leagues better than 2k stam especially next patch? Additionally sustain is a joke especially in pve when everyone can run max resource and regen food. Redguard is at the bottom of the barrel. Altmer and bosmer are better. Altmer because of the wd and the high off stat (makes it better in pvp) and bosmer. Tankier (has poison and disease resists) more damage (950 pen > 0) and scalable sustain (you can still reach insane numbers with the 258 regen)
    Edited by JobooAGS on February 20, 2021 9:23PM
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It raises the interesting question of who plays Argonians and Khajiits.

I play all races, based on passives and role-play.

Or, to put it another way...

IBTL
  • Starlight_Whisper
    Starlight_Whisper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    GLLiBCb.png

Depends you coming to dinner?
  • Monte_Cristo
    Monte_Cristo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    GLLiBCb.png

I'm dying right now.

Or "Are men playing female characters perverts?"
  • Syldras
    Syldras
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    🤦

:cold_sweat: Damn, I knew someone would find out. I guess I'll have to let my slaves pack my suitcases and saddle my guar!

@Syldras | PC | EU
  • Syldras
    Syldras
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TwinLamps wrote: »

You are not. Wood elves are not humans, so you are called "xenophobic" :P.

Well, biologically seen, actually mer and men are more of a race difference then men of different ethnies.
    Tandor wrote: »
    It raises the interesting question of who plays Argonians and Khajiits.

hqdefault.jpg
    GLLiBCb.png
    I'm dying right now.
    Or "Are men playing female characters perverts?"

I play both male and female characters. What does that make me?
    Edited by Syldras on February 20, 2021 9:31PM
    @Syldras | PC | EU
  • NotaDaedraWorshipper
    NotaDaedraWorshipper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    🤦

:cold_sweat: Damn, I knew someone would find out. I guess I'll have to let my slaves pack my suitcases and saddle my guar!

Better hurry. I've already snitched to the Morag Tong!
    [Lie] Of course! I don't even worship Daedra!
  • Scardan
    Scardan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    JobooAGS wrote: »
    Uhhh?
    2000 max stam

None of these are great.

You do realize that dunmer has 258 wd and about equal stam. Also do you realize that 258 wd is leagues better than 2k stam especially next patch? Additionally sustain is a joke especially in pve when everyone can run max resource and regen food. Redguard is at the bottom of the barrel. Altmer and bosmer are better. Altmer because of the wd and the high off stat (makes it better in pvp) and bosmer. Tankier (has poison and disease resists) more damage (950 pen > 0) and scalable sustain (you can still reach insane numbers with the 258 regen)

Still, dunmer has 125 points less stamina, less sustain, has no increased food duration and therefore was recommended after orc and redguard.
    My first character was redguard stupidly due to the fact that for three days I watched different builds of stamina builds on YouTube and there was orc + redguard all over the place.
    Edited by Scardan on February 20, 2021 9:46PM
This discussion has been closed.