The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

New menu music.

relentless_turnip
relentless_turnip
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
I love it 😂 it sounds like I booted up the avengers or spiderman or something...

In all honesty its really nice 👍
  • RedMuse
    RedMuse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love it 😂 it sounds like I booted up the avengers or spiderman or something...

Now I'm worried.
  • relentless_turnip
    relentless_turnip
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    RedMuse wrote: »

Now I'm worried.

I was joking, but it has that sort of vibe too it
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does it sound anything like?
    https://youtu.be/xLhUGq1nhdU
    PC NA - Ceyanna Ashton - Breton Vampire MagDK
  • Ekzorka
    Ekzorka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vevvev wrote: »
    Nope.
    It sounds like a mix of two different tracks. Also can't say that this is TES.
    If the previous main themes keeping the province/location atmosphere, this one and Greymoor are focused on a story, so you can't understand where you actually going.
    Edited by Ekzorka on February 17, 2021 10:49PM
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wonder if ESO's music pieces are always done by the same people; because it always sounds the same. Same elements, same makeup and structure. I personally just do not like it. Before ESO launched, it had an amazing title screen track, but it was unfortunately altered and ultimately butchered for its release. After that, it never lived up to the feel that long forgotten track gave; for me.

It always strikes me as though ESO's tracks are afraid to be epic. Whenever it sounds like it escalates into epicness after a musical build up, it instead shys away and takes a low road. It's also afraid to sound like Elder Scrolls. Notice how there always is the familiar TES jingle in the tracks? But on the final note, it suddenly plays a different note instead the one you know from TES 3, 4 and 5. Again, shy to be epic and familiar.

ESO's quest and music design have in common, that they suffer from the same makers that create them again and again. Most individuals create in a certain way. Musicians songs usually sound the same, as well as literature having that certain repeated theme. There is a reason singers tend to have different producers for each album. To give it a different twist and thought process. Otherwise you end up like singer Enya. She works with the same producer since the 80s (Nick Ryan) and her songs from nowadays also sound exactly like hers from the 80s.

ESO needs to switch who it lets write its stories and music. Having the same brain for ONE instance of a game. Let's say Halo 3 or Skyrim: It makes sense there to have one person to create a fitting and harmonized sound for a piece of art. But ESO is an MMO and what works for those short stories, becomes a curse.

Magic happens when different people work with each other and complement each other. Oh how atrociously dramatic the Harry Potter books would have turned out as movies, was it not for directors to change J.K's original idea.
    An example: Professor Lupin scares the Dementor in the train away with a fliplighter in the books... so please people: Mix it up.
    Edited by Dracane on February 17, 2021 11:31PM
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
  • RemanCyrodiil_I
    RemanCyrodiil_I
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    -
    Edited by RemanCyrodiil_I on April 20, 2022 5:14PM
  • Faulgor
    Faulgor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dracane wrote: »
    I wonder if ESO's music pieces are always done by the same people; because it always sounds the same. Same elements, same makeup and structure. I personally just do not like it. Before ESO launched, it had an amazing title screen track, but it was unfortunately altered and ultimately butchered for its release. After that, it never lived up to the feel that long forgotten track gave; for me.

It always strikes me as though ESO's tracks are afraid to be epic. Whenever it sounds like it escalates into epicness after a musical build up, it instead shys away and takes a low road. It's also afraid to sound like Elder Scrolls. Notice how there always is the familiar TES jingle in the tracks? But on the final note, it suddenly plays a different note instead the one you know from TES 3, 4 and 5. Again, shy to be epic and familiar.

ESO's quest and music design have in common, that they suffer from the same makers that create them again and again. Most individuals create in a certain way. Musicians songs usually sound the same, as well as literature having that certain repeated theme. There is a reason singers tend to have different producers for each album. To give it a different twist and thought process. Otherwise you end up like singer Enya. She works with the same producer since the 80s (Nick Ryan) and her songs from nowadays also sound exactly like hers from the 80s.

ESO needs to switch who it lets write its stories and music. Having the same brain for ONE instance of a game. Let's say Halo 3 or Skyrim: It makes sense there to have one person to create a fitting and harmonized sound for a piece of art. But ESO is an MMO and what works for those short stories, becomes a curse.

Magic happens when different people work with each other and complement each other. Oh how atrociously dramatic the Harry Potter books would have turned out as movies, was it not for directors to change J.K's original idea.
    An example: Professor Lupin scares the Dementor in the train away with a fliplighter in the books... so please people: Mix it up.

It's all so bland and forgettable, because it doesn't have strong melodies. It's this "atmospheric" type of composing that mashes dozens of themes and hooks together into a nebulous orchestral cloud without a clear structure, a style I'm afraid Inon Zur will carry into TES6.

I can hum pretty much all of Jeremy Soule's work if you give me the first 3 notes. No such luck in ESO, or Blades for that matter. Barely a memorable tune between them. And this is by design, because it's music to be played in the background, without you actively listening to it. I hate it lol.
    Alandrol Sul: He's making another Numidium?!?
    Vivec: Worse, buddy. They're buying it.
  • Lugaldu
    Lugaldu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Is this it? I think it sounds splendid. Southern Cyrodiil awaits!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aDXeQA831YY&ab_channel=MastertheFun

Hmm, if this is the new music theme, then it is more interesting than the theme from Greymoor, but it sounds somehow patched together. I miss a music theme like we had in TES IV, at that time I felt such euphoria and anticipation each time I started the game and listened to the first notes.

• Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Faulgor wrote: »
    Dracane wrote: »

It's all so bland and forgettable, because it doesn't have strong melodies. It's this "atmospheric" type of composing that mashes dozens of themes and hooks together into a nebulous orchestral cloud without a clear structure, a style I'm afraid Inon Zur will carry into TES6.

I can hum pretty much all of Jeremy Soule's work if you give me the first 3 notes. No such luck in ESO, or Blades for that matter. Barely a memorable tune between them. And this is by design, because it's music to be played in the background, without you actively listening to it. I hate it lol.

Absolutely true. Although in the case of the title screen track, you would expect it to not be some ambient background song, but something memorable. TES Blades at least has a better title track than any of the ones ESO had during its lifetime thus far.
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
  • Nairinhe
    Nairinhe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    ESO music themes are, sadly, like stuffing your mouth full, adding in there a TES III theme and chewing it with different sides of teeth. I keep hearing familiar notes, but it's the only thing I end up remembering.

Edit to add: zone music, on the other hand is often quite good
    Edited by Nairinhe on February 19, 2021 7:07AM
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ekzorka wrote: »
    Vevvev wrote: »
    Nope.
    It sounds like a mix of two different tracks. Also can't say that this is TES.
    If the previous main themes keeping the province/location atmosphere, this one and Greymoor are focused on a story, so you can't understand where you actually going.

Oh, well that makes me sad... Was hoping for something familiar but we seem to be getting the same old boring stuff again.
    PC NA - Ceyanna Ashton - Breton Vampire MagDK
  • Thorgunn9
    Thorgunn9
    I have all Elder scrolls music set up on my playlist. I have a music room specifically just for listing to music. Iv always loved ES music. But I must admit I didn't like the track posted. Just doesn't seem like ES to me. Seems borrowed for something else. Personally I like the old boring stuff.