The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Players steal from me

Bogdano
Bogdano
The thing I hate the most about this game is that players are allowed to steal from other players. This, to me, should be a serious violation of the code of conduct.
I recently had a Malacath Band of Brutality stolen from me. I had acquired two, intending for two of my characters to use one. One was not on a character but in either the bank or a character inventory.
Players who have spent the time to acquire one and the skill points to be able to scry one, know about the time it takes and the effort it takes to acquire it.
There is a limit to how many of these a player can scry and acquire.
I will be checking to see if my limit reset, with the loss of one of them to some creep. Such a low life, may not be subject to legal prosecution, the game masters protect creeps like that. But there is karma. The thief cannot evade the karma of the injury to me.

I propose that ESO not allow stealing from other players. Allowing it, makes ESO complicit in the harm this does.
Edited by ZOS_Adrikoth on February 12, 2021 2:46PM
  • ZOS_Adrikoth
    ZOS_Adrikoth
    admin
    Greetings @Bogdano

Please report this incident via a support ticket so that our team can investigate.
    The Elder Scrolls Online - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • lolo_01b16_ESO
    lolo_01b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The only thing that can be stolen in this game is Tel Var Stones when you get killed in the Imperial City PvP Area.
    If something else disappears from your character, it's either a bug or, most likely, you accidently sold or deconstructed it.
  • W0lf_z13
    W0lf_z13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    the only time items can be stolen from a player is if that player accidently puts them in a guild bank, if put in a guild bank there is a chance someone else will pick them up. If an item is in your inventory or your own bank then there is 0 chance a player can steal that item
    Breton Nightblade ~ Fang of the Wolf ~ (50)   |   Altmer Dragonknight ~ Ðårk Ŵølf ~ (50)   |   Altmer Necro ~ Ðeåth Ŵølf ~ (50)

☣☣☣   |     Alliance ~Daggerfall Covenant~     |     Server ~NA PC~     |     CP's ~2156~     |     ☣☣☣
  • MajThorax
    MajThorax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also if you already have a complete mythic item that means you have it in your sticker book. So just go to a transmutation station and make as many bands of brutality as your heart desires.
  • Yusuf
    Yusuf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nobody can steal Malacath's Band from you because it is bound to your account. You couldn't give it to someone else even if you wanted to.

If you can't find the item even after looking everywhere you can craft a new one at the transmutation station, for 25 transmute-crystals in whatever trait you want as long as you have the trait researched.