Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Add a free furnishing bag which works in a similar way to a craft bag but decorators can access it?

Nelphy
Nelphy
✭✭
Add a free furnishing bag which works in a similar way to a craft bag but decorators can access it.

More info:

I think every user account should have an infinite "furnishing bag" this would be storage space which any furnishings you receive/create go into , similar to the craft bag but not premium. Other players cannot take items from your furnishing bag but if they are a decorator in one of your houses they can place items from your furnishing bag into your house or remove items and put them back in your furnishing bag. Just like the craft bag you will be able to access the furnishing bag from any house.

Any furnishing that is acquired by you via trading, looting, mail or crafted would go to your infinite furnishing bag.

This would benefit everyone who wants to do furnishing with friends. In terms of is this too open, the worst thing a griefer could do with decorating rights is return all of your items in that house to your furnishing bag. This does not seem too bad to me as anyone with decorating rights at the moment can move everything wherever they like.
This should be supported by Zenimax as it encourages social house furnishing as the housing and furnishings are clearly large aspects of their income.
Edited by ZOS_Icy on February 24, 2023 7:48PM

Add a free furnishing bag which works in a similar way to a craft bag but decorators can access it? 36 votes

Yes I like the idea of a infinite furnishing bag that decorators can use items from to help decorate my house. (decorators cannot steal your furnishings)
91%
Maddjujuaipex8_ESOwenchmore420b14_ESOSpell-SlingerMixAektannAjaxandrielPathHidesFromSunAndromeaElo106ShazantiantimawkishDojohodaArthalion1NelphyFuterkoMinyassaZyvaLadySinflower 33 votes
No, I like housing but I think this is a waste of development time.
8%
phaneub17_ESObluebirdGoddessFreya 3 votes
No I am not interested in housing.
0%
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If they add it, and last I heard from an ESO Live its not as simple as the Crafting Bag, it won't be free.

If you want it, you'll almost certainly have to pay for it
  • Nelphy
    Nelphy
    ✭✭
    Yes I like the idea of a infinite furnishing bag that decorators can use items from to help decorate my house. (decorators cannot steal your furnishings)
    If they add it, and last I heard from an ESO Live its not as simple as the Crafting Bag, it won't be free.

I think it could be free as it encourges social house building which encourges spending. Why put a pay wall infront of a feture which encourges spending?
  • bluebird
    bluebird
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No, I like housing but I think this is a waste of development time.
    I'm not sure it would be simple to implement so it might not be worth the dev time. I agree with Varanis, it does sound too complex. Currently, even Bound and non-Bound furnishings of the same time don't stack. (Which is super annoying cause you need like separate slots for Crown lamp and an identical crafted lamp :expressionless:).

An alternative might be to look into Storage Chests. I don't know if there is a technical limit on why Storage Chests only come in 30 and 60 slot varieties. What if there could be a Storage Chest (or Storage Chests) like a Bank that go up to 480 slots? You can already store Furniture in Storage Chests, and the Housing Editor allows you to access Furniture that are stored in Storage Chests (even if the display is somewhat wonky).

They could call it Furniture Storage Chest (creative I know :sweat_smile:) and they could work the same as Storage Chests, but only accept Furnishing type items. They could come from the same sources as regular Storage Chests - writ vouchers, Tel Var, Crowns. Or something. I think an adaptation of an existing system may be easier than to re-code the Craft Bag for actual items or to come up with something entirely novel.
  • Minyassa
    Minyassa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I like this idea. Having my allowed decorators be able to place items would open me up to buying more Crown houses, for sure.
  • Sturmfaenger
    Sturmfaenger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They already officially said a furnishing bag is not doable out of database reasons technobabble.
    So no discussion or dreaming will help it.
    PC/EU
  • LadySinflower
    LadySinflower
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It would be really nice to have something other than our bank or inventory in which to store furniture we're not currently using. We can't even deconstruct it for a chance at getting some of the mats back, so our alternatives are to drop it in a "storage" house or destroy it-both highly unsatisfying actions. Maybe someday *wishful thinking!*
    Edited by LadySinflower on February 9, 2021 5:09PM
  • Ellimist_Entreri
    Ellimist_Entreri
    ✭✭✭
    I like the idea of a furnishing specific storage and would be willing to pay for it considering the amount of bag space it would free up across my characters and bank!
  • Alinhbo_Tyaka
    Alinhbo_Tyaka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Your poll is incomplete as it leaves out the option that I like it and wouldn't mind seeing it under ESO+.
  • kaisernick
    kaisernick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    poll is massivly baised as i dont quite like the idea but i do like housing.

A special storage chest for homes would be better with maybe 100 limit in it as we can share chest across accounts so a special chest you can place down in a home to acess your furniture would be nice as i have nothing but furniture in all my chests and a entire house dedicated to storage.
  • Lugaldu
    Lugaldu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Great idea, I urgently need something like that!
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

The crafting bag needed little in the way of new UI development. The furniture bag might take a bit more.

But it shouldn't be a big project even so.
  • Mix
    Mix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is definitely more complicated than the Craft Bag.

We have over 5,500 furnishings now and many have both a bound and not-bound version depending on if you bought it with crowns or not.

I'd be happy with just a huge storage box that only accepted furnishings :)

At this point I have four houses with furniture stored in them. Cliffshade for books, Moon-Sugar Meadow for Antiquities, Mathiisen for unbound furniture and Serenity Falls with bound furniture and the last two are almost at cap.
  • SCP343
    SCP343
    ✭✭✭
    ehem.
  • ZOS_Icy
    ZOS_Icy
    mod
    Greetings,

We have closed this topic as it was originally created in February 2021. In many cases, it's better to create a new thread on a topic that you want to discuss as opposed to bumping one that is rather old.

Thank you for your understanding.
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.