The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.0.2 on the PTS on Monday at 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC).

give us finaly cp battleground

KhajiitLivesMatter
KhajiitLivesMatter
✭✭✭✭
with the cp rework its finaly time to get the option to play battlegrounds with cp

in cyro player can choose if they want to play with or without cp
in battlegrounds we dont have the option

and there is no reason for it - and for anyone who will say now that the queues would be to long... they just recently merged the queues for the game mode so it will be fine .

so zos gives us FINALY cp bgs!!!
Edited by KhajiitLivesMatter on February 6, 2021 5:13PM
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We had CP Battlegrounds for an update. It turned into a tank-fest that dragged matches out. ZoS decided they liked the faster pace and quicker TTK of No CP BGs.

Are you expecting a different result with the CP rework, such that ZOS should give it another try?
  • Emma_Overload
    Emma_Overload
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We had CP Battlegrounds for an update. It turned into a tank-fest that dragged matches out. ZoS decided they liked the faster pace and quicker TTK of No CP BGs.

Are you expecting a different result with the CP rework, such that ZOS should give it another try?

Yes, I definitely expect a different result. What was the point of "fixing" the CP system unless something actually got fixed? They made us wait YEARS for this rework - they better have something to show for it.
    #CAREBEARMASTERRACE
  • wheem_ESO
    wheem_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think it would be best if ZOS left CP out of Battlegrounds, and instead re-enabled the selection of game mode(s). Having both would almost certainly split the queue up too much, and I for one absolutely do not want to crutch on having hundreds - or now, thousands - more CP than a newer player or console transfer.

If they manage to get the CP balance right for PvP, and ever decide to implement some sort of template system, where everyone has the ability to allocate an identical number of CP for use in PvP zones, I might be amenable to the idea. But barring that, no thanks to CP-enabled Battlegrounds.
  • exeeter702
    exeeter702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ultimatley, as far as I'm concerned, if any endeavor zos partakes in to rebuild and reform the champion point system does NOT in some part bring the game towards not having to separate cp pvp amd no cp pvp, than that is a failure of the reworked system.

The entire point of the champion system rework was to flatten the ever scaling power curve, introduce actual choice and commitment and create a closer middle ground for newer players vs legacy players while still keeping some form of character level progression.

The sheer fact that no cp pvp needs to even be a thing is proof enough that the system was flawed. If the cp rework does nothing to wed the two end game pvp formats, that is an absolute failure.
  • Urvoth
    Urvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do you really want to play a BG where everyone has 10k health recovery?
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @exeeter702 everyone ive read says that the new CP system is a bigger divide. Essentially, the new CP minimum is 1400 (the number I read to hit very important things) and then further still a 2900 blows a 1400 outta the water.

If you had played when there was no CP limit (well 3600) youd be familiar with the situation we are currently facing
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Universe
    Universe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sure, why not :)
    I enjoy CP PVP so much more.
    It gives the points I earned a purpose too, not just a number without any usage.
    Some videos I recorded for fun: Main character:
    PC EU main: Universe - AD magicka Sorcerer, Former Emperor, Grand Overlord, The Merciless, Trial Bosses Solo Champion
    Top alts: Genius(stamina/sagicka Dragonknight) The Force(stamina Nightblade) and other chars.
    PC NA main: The Magic - AD magicka Sorcerer
    Started playing ESO in beta & early access
    User_ID: Daedric_Prince
  • exeeter702
    exeeter702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @exeeter702 everyone ive read says that the new CP system is a bigger divide. Essentially, the new CP minimum is 1400 (the number I read to hit very important things) and then further still a 2900 blows a 1400 outta the water.

If you had played when there was no CP limit (well 3600) youd be familiar with the situation we are currently facing

I was here for that and I am fully aware. I haven't had the time to go onto the pts and do testing for myself ofc, but the goal behind this system is to put a fair amount of the power you had before onto the 4 slots per color and redistribute passive power gains while rebalancing the exp per level. This system is in no way similar to the orignal cp system in terms of throughput you were able to achieve without the cp cap. The time investment alone is night and day compared to then.

But none of that really matters to my initial point that no cp as a format exists exclusively because of the power devide between fresh cp160s and those at the cp cap (through every one of its increases), even at 400 something which was the initial cp cap iirc, since power gains did not see diminishing returns, even at 4xx vs 160 it was a blow out. Whether or not cp 2.0 works out, no cp as a format is a product of vertical power progression system in a lateral progression game and is a bandaid fix to the problems that were brought about from said vertical power progression system.
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol no
  • Xeniph
    Xeniph
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd rather they remove the option to play ANY environment without CP.

The game is balanced around it, to include sets, base stats, mitigations etc..

At least people would stop crying things are "OP in No-CP"

I played BG's when they were CP enabled, The only issue then, to me, was the ability to group queue. I haven't played once since. I refuse to play in no CP for balance reasons.
    Here since Beta.

Characters: All of them, both Stamina and Magicka.
  • Universe
    Universe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Xeniph wrote: »
    I'd rather they remove the option to play ANY environment without CP.

The game is balanced around it, to include sets, base stats, mitigations etc..

At least people would stop crying things are "OP in No-CP"

I played BG's when they were CP enabled, The only issue then, to me, was the ability to group queue. I haven't played once since. I refuse to play in no CP for balance reasons.

Agreed :)
    No CP is even more unbalanced than CP enabled(currently).
    Some videos I recorded for fun: Main character:
    PC EU main: Universe - AD magicka Sorcerer, Former Emperor, Grand Overlord, The Merciless, Trial Bosses Solo Champion
    Top alts: Genius(stamina/sagicka Dragonknight) The Force(stamina Nightblade) and other chars.
    PC NA main: The Magic - AD magicka Sorcerer
    Started playing ESO in beta & early access
    User_ID: Daedric_Prince
  • KhajiitLivesMatter
    KhajiitLivesMatter
    ✭✭✭✭
    wheem_ESO wrote: »
    I think it would be best if ZOS left CP out of Battlegrounds, and instead re-enabled the selection of game mode(s). Having both would almost certainly split the queue up too much, and I for one absolutely do not want to crutch on having hundreds - or now, thousands - more CP than a newer player or console transfer.

If they manage to get the CP balance right for PvP, and ever decide to implement some sort of template system, where everyone has the ability to allocate an identical number of CP for use in PvP zones, I might be amenable to the idea. But barring that, no thanks to CP-enabled Battlegrounds.

i would prefer that they remove the game mode"Crazy King" and let it random
    all are fine but these one just totaly random....

and just think about cryo
    what would be if zos would say we remove no cp from cyro cause its divided to much ... wouldnt be that great
    the same it is with bgs and cps
    just give us the option
    if no one plays cp thats fine - but being forced to make a 2. build cause u play normal cp and wanna do bgs is crap

ah and btw i never said to remove no cp bgs just add the cp option so if u dont like it nothing would change
    Edited by KhajiitLivesMatter on February 6, 2021 9:42PM
  • Ruder
    Ruder
    ✭✭✭✭
    We dont need [snip] CP on BGs, we need DEATHMATCH

[edited for profanity bypass]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on November 23, 2021 11:21AM
  • sabresandiego_ESO
    sabresandiego_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We should have two choices for BGs:

CP enabled deathmatch (groupable)

CP disabled random game mode (solo)

This would be the ideal scenario. CP needs to be balanced so that it improves PVP, and doesn't turn everyone into unkillable tanks.
    Ali Dreadsabre -Necromancer
    Ali Sabre -Nightblade
  • Olupajmibanan
    Olupajmibanan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

This would be the ideal scenario. CP needs to be balanced so that it improves PVP, and doesn't turn everyone into unkillable tanks.

And where is the random game mode (groupable)? Some of us like to develop team strategies (especially in CTR) around objectives. We need more options, not less.

But what I can agree is that CP enabled battlegrounds would be another immortal-tanks session, so a BIG NO to CP Battlegrounds.
    Edited by Olupajmibanan on February 6, 2021 10:12PM
  • KhajiitLivesMatter
    KhajiitLivesMatter
    ✭✭✭✭

wouldnt be optimal cause i wanna play cp and i wanna play the diffrent gamemodes to
  • MashmalloMan
    MashmalloMan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think it's definitely something they should at least conisder and test again. It would be nice to have more options for build customization in BGs and for our vertical/horizontal progression in CP to mean something. Since a big part of the overall power is made available for just being level 50. We are going to see big changes in BG's one way or another, why not streamline the whole game?

That said, I'm clearly biased at 1150cp with the intentions of grinding my ass off until I hit 1600-2000 cp so... it would be nice to hear from lower level cp players.
    PC Beta - 1900+ CP

Stam Sorc Khajiit PvE/PVP Main || Stam Sorc Dark Elf PvP ||
    Stam Templar Dark Elf || Stam Warden Wood Elf || Stam DK Nord || Stam Necro Orc || Stam Blade Khajiit

Mag Sorc High Elf || Mag Templar High Elf || Mag Warden Breton || Mag Necro Khajiit || Mag Blade Khajiit
  • OneWingedAnge7
    OneWingedAnge7
    ✭✭✭
    If they make BG's cp again I'll stop playing. I don't think pvp should have any cp at all.
    That way they could actually balance cp and no cp if they were applied to completely different game modes, pve/pvp.
  • MurderMostFoul
    MurderMostFoul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    CP enabled BGs were awful. Everyone would pile up, wailing away at each other, and no one would die. I don't anticipate the new CP system would lead to a different result in BGs. Although they are trying to create meaningful choices when allocating CP's, I do believe the same problem will persist as before. Namely, it will be easier/more efficient to acquire defense than offense through the CP system. Thus, CP enabled PVP will be inherently tankier than no CP.

That being the case, even with the new CP system, CP enabled battlegrounds would be total slogs like before. I'm much prefer quicker times to kill, faster pace , and more risk/reward gameplay.
    “There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so.”
  • propertyOfUndefined
    propertyOfUndefined
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I feel like the CP rework should eliminate no-cp content at level 50. Keep sub-50 as no-cp for the people who are just getting into the game, but 50 and up should use the new CP system if it does what it set out to do. Cp level can probably be worked into the MMR system as well to keep things relatively well balanced.
    Edited by propertyOfUndefined on February 7, 2021 2:46AM
  • wheem_ESO
    wheem_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I feel like the CP rework should eliminate no-cp content at level 50. Keep sub-50 as no-cp for the people who are just getting into the game, but 50 and up should use the new CP system if it does what it set out to do. Cp level can probably be worked into the MMR system as well to keep things relatively well balanced.
    Even if ZOS gets the flow of CP-enabled PvP right, it'll still be too imbalanced without some kind of "template" system for PvP, as I mentioned above.

Experience gains in Battlegrounds are pretty lackluster (as is AP for that matter, when compared to Cyrodiil), which will lead to some players remaining far behind their competition for an extended period of time. I absolutely 100% do not want to have an unfair advantage in stats and modifiers just because I happen to have been playing longer than an opposing player, and that's part of the reason that I virtually never play CP-enabled PvP.

My current CP is just a little over 1300, and I can't imagine someone at ~200 being able to really compete with that in the new CP-2.0 system. Just imagine how things will be in a year or two, when lots of people will likely be at 3600+, and some of the new people still have barely enough to equip max level gear. Even if they're a natural at the game, or a transfer from another platform, they simply won't be able to compete in PvP for a significant length of time if it's all CP-enabled with no "template" system. PvP should not be locked, even if just "soft" locked, behind a long and dreadfully boring PvE grind - that would be absolutely awful for the health of the PvP side of the game.
    Edited by wheem_ESO on February 7, 2021 2:56AM
  • xericdx
    xericdx
    ✭✭✭
    I remember the CP BG and I would not play that, regardless of whether I am at cap or not. Splitting it was a possibility that was discussed at length but the BG population was not big enough for it. Not sure if that has changed, or if that can change depending on the reward system (AP gain in particular?). I guess that with the new cap even less people would play the CP version but well, that is to be seen.
    Characters
    Primo Aldouine (MagSorc), AD
    Kro'zuc Primo (StamDK), AD
    Primo Leyla, MagDK, DC
    Primo Salazar (MagPlar), AD
    Leyla Softpawn (StamBade), AD
    Shaz Primo (MagBlade), AD
    Marcus Primo (MagDen), EP
    Elonthor Primo (StamDen), AD
    The Red, MagNecro, AD

You like housing?! We have the place for you: Tamriel Homes Guild! Contact me for info (in-game ID @xericdx) or visit our website https://tamrielhomes.com/
    PC EU
  • Mojomonkeyman
    Mojomonkeyman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PvP needs an easy access place where its not cp that is the deciding factor for success. BGs are perfect for that.

I dont want to have an advantage over lower cp players, it will take a lot of enjoyment out of bgs - for both, high cp players (getting carried by stat advantage doesnt feel rewarding) and lower cp players (feeling they lost because of stat disadvantage).

I would just stop playing the game if cp were enabled everywhere (I have 1600 atm, playing since 2014). When it happened last time that bgs went cp, quality of pvp was awful. I personally have hope that the incoming additional 15% base mitigation and base spell/wpn dmg could lead to the best NO-CP balance we ever had.
    Edited by Mojomonkeyman on February 7, 2021 7:59AM
    Koma Grey, Chocolate Thunder, Little Mojo, Dagoth Mojo & Mojomancy
  • Urvoth
    Urvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Nah, keep CP for PvE. It’s much easier to balance PvP without CP being a factor.
  • KhajiitLivesMatter
    KhajiitLivesMatter
    ✭✭✭✭
    CP enabled BGs were awful. Everyone would pile up, wailing away at each other, and no one would die. I don't anticipate the new CP system would lead to a different result in BGs. Although they are trying to create meaningful choices when allocating CP's, I do believe the same problem will persist as before. Namely, it will be easier/more efficient to acquire defense than offense through the CP system. Thus, CP enabled PVP will be inherently tankier than no CP.

That being the case, even with the new CP system, CP enabled battlegrounds would be total slogs like before. I'm much prefer quicker times to kill, faster pace , and more risk/reward gameplay.

thats just wrong cause cyro works with cp to and there u still can kill enemies
    there is no reason why this should be diffrent in no cp
  • KhajiitLivesMatter
    KhajiitLivesMatter
    ✭✭✭✭
    If they make BG's cp again I'll stop playing. I don't think pvp should have any cp at all.
    That way they could actually balance cp and no cp if they were applied to completely different game modes, pve/pvp.

thats why i said keep no cp and just add cp
    so u arnt forced to play it but everyone who wants to can

• bantad87
    bantad87
    ✭✭✭
    I restarted recently on XBOX from PC, and I like having an area where CP doesn't matter. Its easy to want CP enabled when you can crutch on it.
  • Hegron
    Hegron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

thats just wrong cause cyro works with cp to and there u still can kill enemies

yes, cuz of big zergs are able to kill very tanky players...
  • KhajiitLivesMatter
    KhajiitLivesMatter
    ✭✭✭✭
    PvP needs an easy access place where its not cp that is the deciding factor for success. BGs are perfect for that.

I dont want to have an advantage over lower cp players, it will take a lot of enjoyment out of bgs - for both, high cp players (getting carried by stat advantage doesnt feel rewarding) and lower cp players (feeling they lost because of stat disadvantage).

I would just stop playing the game if cp were enabled everywhere (I have 1600 atm, playing since 2014). When it happened last time that bgs went cp, quality of pvp was awful. I personally have hope that the incoming additional 15% base mitigation and base spell/wpn dmg could lead to the best NO-CP balance we ever had.

you are mostly not winning of stats more of skill(knocklage of game etc) sure u ll have more stats than a cp 200 dude but he would die anyway cause at this point most players have no clue what they are doing
  • KhajiitLivesMatter
    KhajiitLivesMatter
    ✭✭✭✭
    Urvoth wrote: »

Nah, keep CP for PvE. It’s much easier to balance PvP without CP being a factor.

yea it would also be easier to remove classes from pvp for balance.
    removing systems is not the way to go