The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Wild Hunt Crates

• B0SSzombie
    B0SSzombie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TheTuSiK wrote: »
    Moonsprite wrote: »
    The bloodroot senche will most likely be a gem exclusive now? Those are usually 600 gems, right? May showcase?

How much are polymorph gem exclusives usually? I saw on the showcase for April the spriggan polymorph is a gem exclusive on the 29th.

I didn’t get my mount so now I have to spend gems for it. 😭

The thing is that two more mounts were datamined besides the senche - a steed and a wolf. Those three are always Radiant Apex mounts - there was no Radiant Apex bear, camel or guar. They also have Wild Hunt in their names which would mean they are Radiants from Wild Hunt crates but we didn't get any of them. That's why I asked the question if it's intentional or a mistake. A lot of stuff that was datamined and looked like a new Wild Hunt Crates items didn't make it either like the polymorph you've mentioned.

There's also a possibility that they'll be releasing the New Wild Hunt Mounts and Spriggan Polymorphs in Pairs. Like, a Spriggan and Mount each week or something. There's a pair each for Bloodroot, Azureblight, and Winterborn Spriggans and Mounts.
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    RogueShark wrote: »
    I'm so sad. :( Was really looking forward to seeing the bloodroot senche and the other two available. I hope it's just an oversight/bug. They're called "wild hunt" mounts in their names.

I’m GLAD and surprised that anyone is disappointed, honestly. If they had been radiant apex, they would have been over 1000 Gems each and the senche probably over 2000 Gems. Of course they may yet be radiant apex mounts in the next crate season (Iron Atronach I think?) or they may be Gem exclusives, which would hopefully make them less than 1000 Gems each, but we’ll see. Really, it’s too soon to be either happy or disappointed until they are released. :)
  • VikkiVonTraxx
    VikkiVonTraxx
    ✭✭✭
    To me, it seems like if that crates are completely bugged, there’s an item invisible on humans, my 15 crates opened had only same reward almost each 5 crates so i had only doubles and a dog that i had 3 times, no gold reward (that’s the first time) and that radiant apex’s story.. that’s a lot.. a lot of nothing
    Edited by VikkiVonTraxx on April 22, 2021 5:49PM
  • voreo
    voreo
    ✭✭✭
    im more disappointed these didn't bring out a sale for Murkmire as well, since these are related to it :disappointed:
    Argonian Dragonknight

~Rawr
  • Moonsprite
    Moonsprite
    ✭✭✭
    Are there models anywhere for the winter born wolf and spriggan? I haven’t seen them.

Also, I will be really upset if they are bugged because I spent a lot of money on crowns and bought lots of these crates already.
    Edited by Moonsprite on April 22, 2021 6:00PM
  • GreenHere
    GreenHere
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    voreo wrote: »
    im more disappointed these didn't bring out a sale for Murkmire as well, since these are related to it :disappointed:

I'm guessing you're thinking of the Xanmeer Crates. The Wild Hunt is more of a Y'ffre / "The Green" / Bosmer / Valenwood kind of deal.
    Edited by GreenHere on April 22, 2021 6:08PM
  • pihlaja
    pihlaja
    ✭✭✭
    45 crates later I have gotten that banekin so many times I lost the count and the leaf memento almost as often. And that one face paint. And zero mounts - and not even talking about the apex ones, any type of mounts. Well, at least I now have enough gems to buy one of the apex ones...

Three golden ones I got were scroll x2 and one weird hat.
  • Moonsprite
    Moonsprite
    ✭✭✭
    pihlaja wrote: »
    45 crates later I have gotten that banekin so many times I lost the count and the leaf memento almost as often. And that one face paint. And zero mounts - and not even talking about the apex ones, any type of mounts. Well, at least I now have enough gems to buy one of the apex ones...

The drop rates are horrid. I spent 40k crowns and got one apex guar lizard mount. I still didn’t get the green priest robes or the vine tattoos I wanted either. I wanted the cat so I have to spend gems for it. Now I’m waiting to see if these were bugged or not. I’m asking for a refund if they were. They can take everything back and I’ll redo them.
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The drop rates are horrid. I spent 40k crowns and got one apex guar lizard mount. I still didn’t get the green priest robes or the vine tattoos I wanted either. I wanted the cat so I have to spend gems for it. Now I’m waiting to see if these were bugged or not. I’m asking for a refund if they were. They can take everything back and I’ll redo them.

Is there a reason to think that they are bugged? I have only recently started buying any Crown crates with the Ayleid and now Wild Hunt ones but I expected the RNG for desirable items to be not great. I bought 45-60 Ayleid crates and got two mounts, including one Apex. I’ve only bought 15 Wild Hunt yet and no mount at all and every hair but the one I wanted, of course. But I figured that is well within expectations? Asking because I am considering buying more before spending Gems but I have not yet decided.
  • Moonsprite
    Moonsprite
    ✭✭✭
    There were datamined wild hunt mounts that appeared to be Radiant Apex mounts for the Wild Hunt Crates. If the crates were bugged and didn’t include them, then I’d want my chance at trying again. It’s actually my hope that they will just be gem exclusives. I haven’t bought my mount with gems yet because I’m waiting to see what happens and if maybe the May showcase has them.

Even with trading everything in I got in the crates, I didn’t get enough gems to get more than one mount and a polymorph. I’ll have to be careful where I spend my gems.

I did the aeylid crates too. I think I did about 30 and got a cherry blossom crown and a polar bear cub, no mounts 😔
    Edited by Moonsprite on April 22, 2021 7:40PM
  • WiseSky
    WiseSky
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Is there a reason to think that they are bugged? I have only recently started buying any Crown crates with the Ayleid and now Wild Hunt ones but I expected the RNG for desirable items to be not great. I bought 45-60 Ayleid crates and got two mounts, including one Apex. I’ve only bought 15 Wild Hunt yet and no mount at all and every hair but the one I wanted, of course. But I figured that is well within expectations? Asking because I am considering buying more before spending Gems but I have not yet decided.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VFWFvfCCpo4&t=5s

https://crowncrates.com/wildhunt

Immersive Quests Addon
    Wish to Quest without Quest Way Markers? ''Talk to the Hooded Figure'' Turns into ''Talk to the Hooded Figure, who is feeding the chickens near the southeastern gate in the city of Daggerfall in Glenumbra.'' If you Wish To write bread crumbs clues for quest for other players to experience come join the team!
    List of Immersion Addons
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I opened 30 crates and got lots of low level duplicates too, but comparable I think to what I got in the Ayleid crates. I did get one mount — the banded guar — not one I wanted most but still a nice mount. :) I feel like I got the best deal from the Ayleid crates, but I think that’s a combination of one extraordinarily good drop (got the apex mount I wanted most) and that I was generally quite excited for all the Ayleid rewards. Most of the drops I got from the Wild Hunt crates were more in the not-bad-but-not-what-I-really-wanted category (not talking about just rare stuff but the blue hair and ancestor moths, for instance) so I bought those. It seems within the realm of RNG, although I well realize no one could conclude anything from my small sample sizes!

As excited as I was for the Wild Hunt apex mounts, I think I particularly like the black panther senche I bought with Gems — it just fits my Khajiit nightblade so well, very sleek!
    Edited by Araneae6537 on April 23, 2021 5:58PM
  • Fennwitty
    Fennwitty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I got 5 Banekin in 35 crates. And almost as many of the green sparkly mementos (several of each).

Definitely something screwy with the drop rates for items.

I did get one banded guar mount, and 2 of the 3 bluish hair styles though.
    PC NA
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fennwitty wrote: »
    I got 5 Banekin in 35 crates. And almost as many of the green sparkly mementos (several of each).

Definitely something screwy with the drop rates for items.

I did get one banded guar mount, and 2 of the 3 bluish hair styles though.

I think the odds are high that you will see duplicates and triplicates of some of the lower level items. One would need to check and compare the results from Crown Crate Tracker (link posted above by @WiseSky ) or another source to have any real idea if the drop rates were off.
  • Subfocus
    Subfocus
    ✭✭
    https://help.elderscrollsonline.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/49828/~/what-are-the-odds-for-crown-crate-rewards-in-the-elder-scrolls-online?

I mean, if you go back to Jan of 2021, they just added the "While we currently have no plans to change the odds, we reserve the right to update or modify information shown above at our discretion to reflect changes and/or evolving reporting standards" disclaimer and the values changed slighty, but the radiant stayed the same.

ma5zqTM

Since the imbed is broken, https://imgur.com/ma5zqTM is a link to the screenshot from back in Jan that shows the drop rates back then.
    Edited by Subfocus on April 23, 2021 8:45PM
  • Forcedminer
    Forcedminer
    Soul Shriven
    the wild hunt crates appear then disappear after 2 weeks when people have been waiting years for them.

frustration beyond words. I'm obsessed with the spriggan and would of sunk mad cash to get my hands on that creature.

what a wonderful thing to see after coming back to the game since that irritating change to rapid maneuver

even a spam email with the spriggan stuck to the front of it saying hey hey kids wild hunt crates now available top we know y'all been waiting years for it so its back. but no. now it'll probably be locked away for another 4 years or something.
  • B0SSzombie
    B0SSzombie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    the wild hunt crates appear then disappear after 2 weeks when people have been waiting years for them.

frustration beyond words. I'm obsessed with the spriggan and would of sunk mad cash to get my hands on that creature.

what a wonderful thing to see after coming back to the game since that irritating change to rapid maneuver

even a spam email with the spriggan stuck to the front of it saying hey hey kids wild hunt crates now available top we know y'all been waiting years for it so its back. but no. now it'll probably be locked away for another 4 years or something.

I mean, there was plenty of notice for both the crates and polymorph. Both were in the Showcase for the month AND in the featured items scroll when you logged in during the time they were active.

They're never going to be permanently available, that's just not how it works in this game (or most MMO style games or games with seasonal content, really). How much longer did you want them to be available?

Also, if you're upset that you missed the polymorph, keep in mind, there were 3 other variations of it added to the game's data at the same time as this one. There's going to be a Bloodroot Spriggan (Red glow), an Azure Blight Spriggan (Blue glow), and a Winterborn Spriggan (White glow) released sometime in the near future most likely.
    Edited by B0SSzombie on May 12, 2021 11:45AM
  • Nastassiya
    Nastassiya
    ✭✭✭

They do let us know the duration of the crates so I do not understand why you're upset.
  • TheS1X
    TheS1X
    ✭✭✭
    Ah, can not wait those to be active again, anyone know when to expect those?
  • Stx
    Stx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I just looked at these crates and omg yes please bring these back!
    Edited by Stx on December 9, 2021 3:19AM
  • SkaraMinoc
    SkaraMinoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I do like the Wild Hunt crates but I feel the Apex mounts are a little outdated compared to 2021 mounts.

This makes sense though right? Newer crates = more detail, new art, etc
    PC NA
  • Canperial35
    Canperial35
    ✭✭✭
    SkaraMinoc wrote: »
    I do like the Wild Hunt crates but I feel the Apex mounts are a little outdated compared to 2021 mounts.

This makes sense though right? Newer crates = more detail, new art, etc

To be honest, older apex mounts (Wild Hunt, Storm Atronach etc.) are still much better than the newer ones because they look more lively. Recent apex mounts (not radiants) look way too simple and even legendary tier mounts from older crates look better than them. But of course these are just my opinions and I like flashy mounts. :smile:
  • NotaDaedraWorshipper
    NotaDaedraWorshipper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Wild Hunt crates returned not long ago so it's unlikely they will return shortly.
    [Lie] Of course! I don't even worship Daedra!
  • TheS1X
    TheS1X
    ✭✭✭
    BUT!!! Maybey we could get those for a week like one year we had it. I really need to buy those crates for me and my wife for Xmas, LOL.