The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

A lot of people seem to dislike the 3600 cap, didn't they say they scaled down the XP drastically???

Nyladreas
Nyladreas
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭
I remember them saying they would scale down the XP needed per CP drastically and also only allow you to slot a couple passives so you're not required to be 3600 at all. Just 1200...

Why's everyone freaking out??
Edited by Nyladreas on January 31, 2021 12:58PM
  • Nairinhe
    Nairinhe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Because something changed
  • Elo106
    Elo106
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They scaled it down until you reach 1200 after that it stays roughly the same. You need a lot more than 1200 cp to get max combat effectiveness you have to unlock 4 slot able passives but also a bunch of non slot able ones.

I wished for the CP / NoCP gap to be closed so we can do away with the CP / NoCP gap but sadly thats not happening. Low CP players will still be at a major disadvantage so you might as well play no CP until you get a decent amount of CP
  • ExistingRug61
    ExistingRug61
    ✭✭✭✭
    I would say the main thing that everyone is freaking out about is that while in the stream and combat preview they said the system was designed to be vertical progression up to around 1200cp and then horizontal after that, upon actually seeing the new cp system it appears that vertical progression goes much beyond this.

The reason for this is that while some stars need to be slotted in the champion bar, there are many that don’t and are instead just always active passives (like the old system). See https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/559555/cp-2-0-slottable-abilities-and-passives#latest for a list of all the slottable and passive stats. And then, in the warfare tree (blue), these passives include a whole host of useful combat related buffs like stats, damage, pen, crit damage etc etc. so Anyone wanting to optimise there build will simply need all of them. Which turns out to be something like 700cp needed just for passives, plus you then need cp for the stars you actually want to slot, which is another couple of hundred cp. And then, because your cp must be evenly distributed between the three trees, this means that you need something like 2500-3000 cp to be able to put that 800-1000 cp into warfare. So there is vertical combat progression all the way up to this level of cp.

The only offsetting factor is that the benefits of cp are less than they were in the old system, as more power has been front loaded in level 1-50. But even though it’s smaller, if you want to optimise, you need that cp.
    Edited by ExistingRug61 on January 31, 2021 1:55PM
  • Nyladreas
    Nyladreas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I would say the main thing that everyone is freaking out about is that while in the stream and combat preview they said the system was designed to be vertical progression up to around 1200cp and then horizontal after that, upon actually seeing the new cp system it appears that vertical progression goes much beyond this.

The reason for this is that while some stars need to be slotted in the champion bar, there are many that don’t and are instead just always active passives (like the old system). See https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/559555/cp-2-0-slottable-abilities-and-passives#latest for a list of all the slottable and passive stats. And then, in the warfare tree (blue), these passives include a whole host of useful combat related buffs like stats, damage, pen, crit damage etc etc. so Anyone wanting to optimise there build will simply need all of them. Which turns out to be something like 700cp needed just for passives, plus you then need cp for the stars you actually want to slot, which is another couple of hundred cp. And then, because your cp must be evenly distributed between the three trees, this means that you need something like 2500-3000 cp to be able to put that 800-1000 cp into warfare. So there is vertical combat progression all the way up to this level of cp.

The only offsetting factor is that the benefits of cp are less than they were in the old system, as more power has been front loaded in level 1-50. But even though it’s smaller, if you want to optimise, you need that cp.

That just all seems completely unreasonable from ZOS side... Are we sure those passives weren't made non-slottable by accident? I could've sworn they said multiple times that we'll be fine at 1200...why would they then implement a bunch of always active passive stars makes 0 sense to me...

This has to be brought up because CP 3600 without rescaling above 1200 is near impossible for any average or even dedicated player to reach. It's taken me years of playing to get my 1700 on NA....

Surely ZOS knows about min-maxing actually being a big deal in endgame communities???

Hmmm.. anyways thanks for explaining though! I'm willing to wait until they release it on live before I grab my torch and pitchfork.
    Edited by Nyladreas on January 31, 2021 3:16PM
  • DeathStalker
    DeathStalker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nyladreas wrote: »
    I remember them saying they would scale down the XP needed per CP drastically and also only allow you to slot a couple passives so you're not required to be 3600 at all. Just 1200...

I'm at 900 cp. I need the exact same XP on live that I do the pts for my next cp level
  • Sahidom
    Sahidom
    ✭✭✭✭
    I like they increased the cap to allow players the full use of their points freely. Those who play game content and not pigeon hole themselves may have gimped their CP earnings before the CP 2.0 but that doesn't mean others should be hindered over their decisions.
  • Wuuffyy
    Wuuffyy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nairinhe wrote: »
    Because something changed

No because it changed for all the wrong reasons and the system rn is very unhealthy for the game in all aspects.
    Wuuffyy,
    ESO player since 2014
    -PM for questions
  • PeterUnlustig
    PeterUnlustig
    ✭✭✭✭
    They should just allow people to spread cp how they want. On your dd/tank/healer you would have fewer points in utility, while on your crafter and farmer you will have all points in utility

This is the only fair option
  • Nyladreas
    Nyladreas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    They should just allow people to spread cp how they want. On your dd/tank/healer you would have fewer points in utility, while on your crafter and farmer you will have all points in utility

You know... That first sentence got me thinking... What if ZOS just introduced a sort of endgame quest chain that would boost our CP a whole lot. Like 6 CP for every quest. Heck even make it into dailies. Some form of training you know?

Instead of this boring pathetic grind.... That would be great for everybody at this point. Well except maybe people who only care about themselves and that"THEY HAD TO GRIND SO EVERYONE HAS TO"...
  • codierussell
    codierussell
    ✭✭✭✭

You know... That first sentence got me thinking... What if ZOS just introduced a sort of endgame quest chain that would boost our CP a whole lot. Like 6 CP for every quest. Heck even make it into dailies. Some form of training you know?

Instead of this boring pathetic grind.... That would be great for everybody at this point. Well except maybe people who only care about themselves and that"THEY HAD TO GRIND SO EVERYONE HAS TO"...

This wouldn't be the worst thing in the world. If you could do a daily quest for the 6 CP like you mentioned it would take about 400 days if that was the only thing you did every day. That would be if it was one per account. On top of some casual grinding and exp modifiers it could be under a year then ZOS can start implementing their additional CP trees that they were talking about at the 2022 chapter release. If they made this a per character daily quest that would bring down the time further to 23 days for people with 18 characters, which not many people have 18 max levelled characters.

All in all, I would support the one per account a day of anywhere between 5 to 10 CP. That would add a decent way of getting CP fast with little to put into it. They could even increase the experience gain of the current daily quests to be large amounts. Doing crafting writs for 4k exp is just saddening. Make the crafting writs worth 1 mil exp or something? At least that way there is a path to decent exp that isn't running in a circle for one 1 CP every hour or so.
  • Nyladreas
    Nyladreas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

This wouldn't be the worst thing in the world. If you could do a daily quest for the 6 CP like you mentioned it would take about 400 days if that was the only thing you did every day. That would be if it was one per account. On top of some casual grinding and exp modifiers it could be under a year then ZOS can start implementing their additional CP trees that they were talking about at the 2022 chapter release. If they made this a per character daily quest that would bring down the time further to 23 days for people with 18 characters, which not many people have 18 max levelled characters.

All in all, I would support the one per account a day of anywhere between 5 to 10 CP. That would add a decent way of getting CP fast with little to put into it. They could even increase the experience gain of the current daily quests to be large amounts. Doing crafting writs for 4k exp is just saddening. Make the crafting writs worth 1 mil exp or something? At least that way there is a path to decent exp that isn't running in a circle for one 1 CP every hour or so.

Right?! Or heck even make it 3 quests if you really want people to work for it and split it 2 per 1.
  • stefj68
    stefj68
    ✭✭✭✭✭

1200 per constellation = 3600 :)
  • Nyladreas
    Nyladreas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    stefj68 wrote: »

They said players would need 1200 TOTAL and then any point above that would only contribute to the ability of being able to switch up your "skill bar" for anything you want at any time.
  • lillybit
    lillybit
    ✭✭✭✭✭

They said players would need 1200 TOTAL and then any point above that would only contribute to the ability of being able to switch up your "skill bar" for anything you want at any time.

Yes, that is what they said.

No, that is not how it currently works.
    PS4 EU
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sahidom wrote: »
    I like they increased the cap to allow players the full use of their points freely. Those who play game content and not pigeon hole themselves may have gimped their CP earnings before the CP 2.0 but that doesn't mean others should be hindered over their decisions.

I'm happy to be using my 1000 or so CP, but if I'd known ahead of time that the cap was going to go all the way up to 3600, I probably would have actually used the double exp buff during the Witches and New Life festivals, you know?

I played the game, but after CP 810, there just wasn't any point to grinding out CP or trying to maximize my experience gains.

I suppose I'll keep playing and gaining CP as I play, but it'll be a little odd to suddenly go from 100% of the current system to about 30% of the new system.
  • Ocelot9x
    Ocelot9x
    ✭✭✭✭
    The system could make sense if they are capped at like 1500 or so.Only if the point was diversification of builds, so for example in pvp you can put your points in damage or healing so youll have to build accordingly. But this way it's just being back to grinding and grinding and then invest in every single passive, no fun no theory crafting, only grind
  • thedoodle_90
    thedoodle_90
    ✭✭✭
    Right now EXP is not scaled on PTS also alot of the passives are broken so we cant tell yet
  • zvavi
    zvavi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Right now EXP is not scaled on PTS also alot of the passives are broken so we cant tell yet

Penetration debuffs are borked too, so can't "compare damage" efficiently.

because what they "said" does not correspond with the change itself. For example, for only damage passives (ignoring the fact that 15% reduced damage on the blue tree is very useful for mag dds too, and is a passive)

You need:
    50x5 slottable stars (5 because you can't attacks all enemies from behind, and the strong 15% crit dmg is locked behind flanking)
    50 for max mag
    50 for crit
    50 for pen
    30 for spell damage
    100 for mag status effect chance(very important, especially if you are frost warden or a mag dk)
    This is already 1590 CP.

Funny thing is, stam dds have it worse since many times they have magicka skills, that deal magic damage, but scale of highest stat. Stam dks specifically will want higher chance to proc burning because it is a big part of their damage, and will need:
    50x5 slottable stars
    50 max stam
    50 crit
    50 pen
    30 spell damage (the wording is spell and weapon damage to magic attacks)
    30 weapon dmg to stam attacks
    100 mag status effects
    100 stam status effects

1980 points only for damage related passives!

Add to it the 60 points you need for 15% additional reduced damage, and you are already sitting at 2160 champion points.

1200 points to be "fine"
    2160 to be "semi optimized"

So to answer your question, people are freaking out because we were promised horizontal progression, from CP 1200 onwards, but what we are getting, is vertical progression, till the 2000's
    Edited by zvavi on February 1, 2021 5:01AM
  • LightYagami
    LightYagami
    ✭✭✭✭✭

1200 is ONLY slottable CP.
    There are some "passive" CP you don't need to slot. Clear enough?
    No improvement on Cyrodill servers -> no ESO plus renewal.
  • LightYagami
    LightYagami
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The argument of "you only need 1200" is incorrect.
    Slottable CP is something like your skill bars, you have limited slots no matter how many more you have unlocked.

There are way more CP not need to be slotted, like your racial passives.

Many YouTubers already talked about that. Watch some explanation videos please.
    No improvement on Cyrodill servers -> no ESO plus renewal.