The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.0.2 on the PTS on Monday at 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC).

Status Effect Racial Change Bug?

MashmalloMan
MashmalloMan
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭
Notes state immunity for having elemental resist has been removed and races have been adjusted, yet Nord and Dark Elf still state immunities, while Argonian and Wood Elf do not.

Now I always thought it was silly that any amount of elemental resistance gave you immunity to the same status effect, but I could still see races getting exceptions to this within the passives. Below you state the resistance was changed to compensate for the loss of immunity so it seems to just be a tooltip bug, but a part of me thinks you could be referring to the above change for how all resists work now.

Anyone who has tested this yet?
General
  • Gaining Resistances for a particular Damage Type no longer grants immunities to its respective Status Effect, and adjusted racial passives that once granted immunities to make up for this loss.

Argonian
  • Argonian Resistance: This passive no longer grants immunity to the Diseased status effect, and once again grants an equal amount of Poison Resistance.

Dark Elf
  • Resist Flame:
    • This passive no longer grants immunity to the Burning status effect.
    • Increased the Flame Resistance to 4620, up from 2310.

Nord
  • Resist Frost:
    • This passive no longer grants immunity to the Chilled status effect.
    • Increased the Frost Resistance to 4620, up from 2310.

Wood Elf
  • Resist Affliction: This passive no longer grants immunity to the Poisoned status effect, and once again grants an equal amount of Disease Resistance.

HiwvW3D.png

Edited by MashmalloMan on January 31, 2021 4:54AM
PC Beta - 1900+ CP

Stam Sorc Khajiit PvE/PVP Main || Stam Sorc Dark Elf PvP ||
Stam Templar Dark Elf || Stam Warden Wood Elf || Stam DK Nord || Stam Necro Orc || Stam Blade Khajiit

Mag Sorc High Elf || Mag Templar High Elf || Mag Warden Breton || Mag Necro Khajiit || Mag Blade Khajiit
  • Anyron
    Anyron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wonder how they could miss it. Such basic detail

Wait, what i am saying? Argonians and woodelves are second class citizens so it shouldnt be surprise at all

Working as intended then
    sarcasm
  • Ratzkifal
    Ratzkifal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's probably just a tool tip thing that will get updated later. What I am wondering is why we haven't heard of Bretons getting double the Spell Resist on the new status effect from magic damage, Overcharged or whatever it was called.
    This Bosmer was tortured to death. There is nothing left to be done.