The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Burning Light Nerf

llBlack_Heartll
llBlack_Heartll
✭✭✭✭
This is a huge nerf for already below par Mag and Stam Plar’s.
I think burning light should proc off all Class damage abilities, it would be a simple fix for anyone who wants to slots something else, other than jabs.
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    They buffed it didn't they?

You now get 3 seconds to get the ticks of damage off
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I do not mean to flame, though these patchnotes are one of the hardest to understand yet.
    It's sometimes hard to tell what they even mean. It's as @Brrrofski said. :)

Also, can anyone explain what the change to frozen gate and overload want to tell us? Fixed something where the damage can return as damage over time?
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
  • llBlack_Heartll
    llBlack_Heartll
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dracane wrote: »
    I do not mean to flame, though these patchnotes are one of the hardest to understand yet.

Also, can anyone explain what the change to frozen gate and overload want to tell us? Fixed something where the damage can return as damage over time?

Yep, I think I read it has a cool down. Even then, I still don’t see why all Templar Damage Skills can’t proc it.

• Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yep, I think I read it has a cool down. Even then, I still don’t see why all Templar Damage Skills can’t proc it.

So did we. We escalated a bit, thinking only every third cast of jabs can proc it now.
    Though everything seemed the same when I tested it. So I just wrote it off as incomprehensive panicmongering.
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
  • MashmalloMan
    MashmalloMan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

All those bug fixes mean is that ZOS found those abilities to be taking multipliers the wrong damage types. Eg, if it was direct damage, it was instead looking for damage over time multipliers from CP and sets.
    PC Beta - 1900+ CP

Stam Sorc Khajiit PvE/PVP Main || Stam Sorc Dark Elf PvP ||
    Stam Templar Dark Elf || Stam Warden Wood Elf || Stam DK Nord || Stam Necro Orc || Stam Blade Khajiit

Mag Sorc High Elf || Mag Templar High Elf || Mag Warden Breton || Mag Necro Khajiit || Mag Blade Khajiit
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is Burning Light still bugged to only work on a single enemy?
  • Firstmep
    Firstmep
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe it's just me but I had no issue understanding that they meant 3 second duration for stacks to remain, especially since they mentioned the 1 sec current duration they have.
    Bls internal cooldown is still 0. 25 seconds AFAIK, but you can't realisticly reach it anymore.
  • GreenHere
    GreenHere
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Firstmep wrote: »
    (snip)
    Bls internal cooldown is still 0. 25 seconds AFAIK, but you can't realisticly reach it anymore.

Not with that attitude!

*furiously spams jabs*

Edited by GreenHere on January 30, 2021 2:24PM
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Brrrofski wrote: »

It's a significant nerf to how the passive use to function. At this point I'd 1000% prefer they remove the passive altogether and just increase the damage to the base skills.
  • GreenHere
    GreenHere
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

It's a significant nerf to how the passive use to function. At this point I'd 1000% prefer they remove the passive altogether and just increase the damage to the base skills.

Wait, what? One of us is misunderstanding, and given that you're, well... the legendary @Joy_Division I'd assume it's me, but...

But I took this all to mean that we now have 3 seconds between separate Aedric Spear damage instances to count as "rapid", which is just a significantly more generous window. How can that be a nerf? Am I misunderstanding?

(btw, totally off-topic -- Thanks so much for your guides and helpful posts and whatnot over the literal years! You got me through vMA my first time, and I will always remember how helpful you were in PvP when I was starting out! Thank you thank you! :) )
    Edited by GreenHere on January 30, 2021 3:18PM
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    GreenHere wrote: »

Wait, what? One of us is misunderstanding, and given that you're, well... the legendary @Joy_Division I'd assume it's me, but...

But I took this all to mean that we now have 3 seconds between separate Aedric Spear damage instances to count as "rapid", which is just a significantly more generous window. How can that be a nerf? Am I misunderstanding?

(btw, totally off-topic -- Thanks so much for your guides and helpful posts and whatnot over the literal years! You got me through vMA my first time, and I will always remember how helpful you were in PvP when I was starting out! Thank you thank you! :) )

I appreciate the kind words!

In 2015, I could throw a Spear Shards, cast Blazing Shield, and attack multiple targets with Jabs. Every tick of damage from these abilities could proc a burning light proc on every target that was in the AoE of these abilities (I believe at some point ZOS put a (very) short cooldown once a target was effected. But this did not change that multiple targets could be hit and only required one tick) Also, Shards ticked twice as fast and stunned opponents. Jabs also stunned opponents.

In 2015 Templar was considered mediocre at best in PvP and was only viable as a PvE DPS because of the old mechanics of Radiant Destruction, which had more ticks per cast and a higher damage coefficient than it does today. Burning Light hardly mattered in such considerations.
    Edited by Joy_Division on January 30, 2021 4:44PM
  • Altyrann
    Altyrann
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Indeed. Given it now takes 4 stacks to proc it, if I hit 3 targets with 4 ticks of Blazing Spear, all three should take a Burning Might hit, not just 1. Worse still, the tooltip says nothing about stacks clearing off all targets when BL procs so most players won't even know the skill is fairly useless for AoE.
  • Altyrann
    Altyrann
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sadly I've still no idea how we get such things raised and addressed.
  • Firstmep
    Firstmep
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Altyrann wrote: »
    Sadly I've still no idea how we get such things raised and addressed.

Sadly the current balance team doesnt care much about feedback, even from seasoned vets.