The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

PTS Healer Changes?

giantpixie
giantpixie
✭✭
I'm on console and don't have access to the pts so was just wondering if anyone could let me know how the changes have effected healers? I'm liking the look of the new cp
  • MrZeDark
    MrZeDark
    ✭✭✭
    The blue tree has more options to modify your healing and healing types - while also giving you a new utility for chasing those heals that modify your magicka cost based on potion use. Also -- tons more magicka added passively and actively
  • giantpixie
    giantpixie
    ✭✭
    MrZeDark wrote: »
    The blue tree has more options to modify your healing and healing types - while also giving you a new utility for chasing those heals that modify your magicka cost based on potion use. Also -- tons more magicka added passively and actively

sounds good. i didnt notice a magic recovery passive so hows sustain looking?
  • preevious
    preevious
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also, by the look of it, healers are gonna be needed more than ever.

DPS will have bigger hp pools, but will take more damage.
    Instead of refilling a bathtub without it's plug, they'll have to refill a swimming pool with a missing manhole cover.
    It should be more work.
  • DigitalTemerity
    preevious wrote: »

Instead of refilling a bathtub without it's plug, they'll have to refill a swimming pool with a missing manhole cover.
    It should be more work.

I can agree with that sentiment. I have played a Stamina NB through the prologue and she takes a lot more damage now despite that I tried to give her some regen with the CP system. I had no problem killing things fairly quickly, but if I was attacked by multiple targets I didn't fare as well. She is using medium armor passives, so that might be the real culprit. Those have changed some I believe. I never died or needed to res but in a dungeon or any kind of group content I would've needed a good healer.
  • PeterUnlustig
    PeterUnlustig
    ✭✭✭✭
    preevious wrote: »

It should be more work.

I can agree with that sentiment. I have played a Stamina NB through the prologue and she takes a lot more damage now despite that I tried to give her some regen with the CP system. I had no problem killing things fairly quickly, but if I was attacked by multiple targets I didn't fare as well. She is using medium armor passives, so that might be the real culprit. Those have changed some I believe. I never died or needed to res but in a dungeon or any kind of group content I would've needed a good healer.

You start with a cp 810 templete tho so nowhere near max cp
  • tienchi
    tienchi
    ✭✭✭
    giantpixie wrote: »

(ETA: Re: the screenshots, on the live server I was running all spell damage enchants on jewel but on the PTS I had all mag recovery enchants.)

You'll definitely lose quite a lot of magicka recovery, but I can see various paths that will make this manageable. It's easier to attain a high pool of magicka so, where applicable, dropping the max mag mundus stone for the mag recovery stone could be a wise call. You could also run consumables like Clockwork Citrus Filet or Witchmother's instead of Artaeum Pickled Fish or other mag/health foods. There is also a blue star that reduces the cost of your healing abilities by 75% for 6 seconds after you drink a potion. There's a passive for weapon and spell damage gains, so in my messing around it looks like you can viably drop spell damage enchants from your jewels for some mag recovery if needed without a big spell damage loss. There's also a star for increasing the spell damage of your healing abilities so, again, pretty viable to run recovery enchants.

In case you're curious I'm attaching a picture of what my heals look like in the tool-tip on the live server vs. what they look like with the new CP system on the PTS. I'm at CP 937 and just sort of threw some points here and there. I haven't taken screenies of things like spell damage, crit, magicka, etc., but if I do I'll drop it here later. v37pmmrobye2.png

Edited by tienchi on January 29, 2021 8:44PM
  • giantpixie
    giantpixie
    ✭✭
    tienchi wrote: »
    giantpixie wrote: »

(ETA: Re: the screenshots, on the live server I was running all spell damage enchants on jewel but on the PTS I had all mag recovery enchants.)

You'll definitely lose quite a lot of magicka recovery, but I can see various paths that will make this manageable. It's easier to attain a high pool of magicka so, where applicable, dropping the max mag mundus stone for the mag recovery stone could be a wise call. You could also run consumables like Clockwork Citrus Filet or Witchmother's instead of Artaeum Pickled Fish or other mag/health foods. There is also a blue star that reduces the cost of your healing abilities by 75% for 6 seconds after you drink a potion. There's a passive for weapon and spell damage gains, so in my messing around it looks like you can viably drop spell damage enchants from your jewels for some mag recovery if needed without a big spell damage loss. There's also a star for increasing the spell damage of your healing abilities so, again, pretty viable to run recovery enchants.

In case you're curious I'm attaching a picture of what my heals look like in the tool-tip on the live server vs. what they look like with the new CP system on the PTS. I'm at CP 937 and just sort of threw some points here and there. I haven't taken screenies of things like spell damage, crit, magicka, etc., but if I do I'll drop it here later. v37pmmrobye2.png

Thank you so much for putting in this work. Wouldn’t mind using recovery food again and those increases look great so looking forward to these changes going live but will be interesting to see what they change going forward
  • MrGraves
    MrGraves
    ✭✭✭✭
    I tried testing in PTS, put my CP into healing line. all my stats still say 0 on all healing stats so i just gave up at that point lol
  • MashmalloMan
    MashmalloMan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    One of the best parts about this update is that roles like tank/healer start with 1000 more weapon/spell damage that they would never be able to obtain previously, this not only buffs your healing, but also the CP system allows for higher level CP players to start focussing CP outside their dedicated roles.

This effect will mean pure tank and healers won't feel so punished to do solo content as those roles because they at least have a bare minimum of damage available to them. Couple that with the companion system coming soon, I hope to see a lot more tanks and healers as a result, God knows we need more players for those roles.

They're also able to better help in group content for the total dps naturally instead of feeling like wet noodles. I've heard a lot of newer players from other MMO's often feel extremely weak playing as these roles because in other games the gap between the roles isn't as extreme.
    PC Beta - 1900+ CP

Stam Sorc Khajiit PvE/PVP Main || Stam Sorc Dark Elf PvP ||
    Stam Templar Dark Elf || Stam Warden Wood Elf || Stam DK Nord || Stam Necro Orc || Stam Blade Khajiit

Mag Sorc High Elf || Mag Templar High Elf || Mag Warden Breton || Mag Necro Khajiit || Mag Blade Khajiit
  • Kurat
    Kurat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    One of the best parts about this update is that roles like tank/healer start with 1000 more weapon/spell damage that they would never be able to obtain previously, this not only buffs your healing, but also the CP system allows for higher level CP players to start focussing CP outside their dedicated roles.

This effect will mean pure tank and healers won't feel so punished to do solo content as those roles because they at least have a bare minimum of damage available to them. Couple that with the companion system coming soon, I hope to see a lot more tanks and healers as a result, God knows we need more players for those roles.

They're also able to better help in group content for the total dps naturally instead of feeling like wet noodles. I've heard a lot of newer players from other MMO's often feel extremely weak playing as these roles because in other games the gap between the roles isn't as extreme.

1k spell/wep damage was added but it doesn't increase your dps because they nerfed it elsewhere. It was just added to compensate somewhat but overall we still lost dps and healers/tanks will hit even more like wet noodles because healing, tanking and dps stars are all in blue combat tree. So if you are a healer or tank and hope to do some damage you need alot of cp. Unless you wanna redo the points every time.
  • tienchi
    tienchi
    ✭✭✭
    Kurat wrote: »

1k spell/wep damage was added but it doesn't increase your dps because they nerfed it elsewhere. It was just added to compensate somewhat but overall we still lost dps and healers/tanks will hit even more like wet noodles because healing, tanking and dps stars are all in blue combat tree. So if you are a healer or tank and hope to do some damage you need alot of cp. Unless you wanna redo the points every time.

That's actually not true, fortunately. All of my healer's damage abilities are stronger under the new CP system. Will attach screenshots of this tomorrow morning!
  • giantpixie
    giantpixie
    ✭✭
    Any updates on this guys?
  • honey_badger82
    honey_badger82
    ✭✭✭✭
    Your tooltip will show stronger damage yes, the 3k drop in penetration effectively cancels out that added damage unfortunately. Overland you gonna crush the already crushable but in dungeons... you are going to be a bit worse off than before damage wise.
  • giantpixie
    giantpixie
    ✭✭
    Your tooltip will show stronger damage yes, the 3k drop in penetration effectively cancels out that added damage unfortunately. Overland you gonna crush the already crushable but in dungeons... you are going to be a bit worse off than before damage wise.

That’s fine not that fussed about my own personal damage. What blue cp skills are looking like the go to?
  • giantpixie
    giantpixie
    ✭✭
    So final week of pts what we thinking guys?
  • svendf
    svendf
    ✭✭✭✭
    tienchi wrote: »
    Kurat wrote: »

That's actually not true, fortunately. All of my healer's damage abilities are stronger under the new CP system. Will attach screenshots of this tomorrow morning!

Looking forward to this and are a bit more at ease. I´m running both tanks and healer, and dds also. My main concern have been healer and tank.