Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of October 7:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 7
• Xbox: EU megaserver for maintenance – October 9, 2:00 UTC (October 8, 10:00PM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)

Don't let bugs squash your no death spirit slayer. ZOS "can't" fix it.

f047ys3v3n
f047ys3v3n
✭✭✭✭✭
So, the lava protection sigil doesn't always work in vet Vatishran. Why is this, who knows though it is not that rare as I have had it happen at least twice. If it doesn't work, this happens:
2021129buggedlavadea.jpg
Yep that is me, 30ft from the sigil which you can see is not there because I activated it. I'm dead though because it bugged out. Don't worry, I may not have been able to overcome ZOS bugs but I was able to complete the rest Vatishran hollows with no deaths or sigils and fast:
2021129completnoothe.jpg
Too bad no shiny achievement and title for me. No, I get the standard line of we "can't" help. Sorry, do it again and hope it doesn't bug this time. While I'm at it, there is also a bug in Vatishran where you can be autokilled right after rezing and are not able to rezing again. This was on the last fight. If this happens to you, have to log out to fix that. I guess that won't cause you to loose a no death (unless it can happen not right after you rez who knows) but it will kill your weekly leaderboard. Don't expect either bug to be fixed and don't expect any help from ZOS either. Oh, and your sorc pets that are not supposed to die in trials content will die all the time in Vatishran even more than they die in VMA or VDSA or, I suspect, vBRP. How about you fix that while your at it too. You have had a couple years on that one with no improvement.

Also, how about you change your policy regarding lying about what customer service can and cannot fix. There is a difference between cannot and will not. There is a code for every achievement just like a code for every item. You can type it in on your console and easy peasy it's done. Sure you probably have to look it up but it exists, and you can type it in. We're not idiots, we know how programs work. I even get this line of we "can't" quite frequently when asking about stuff that you can do and have done for folks I know or even previously for me. You can bring items back, you can give folks items, you can swap items from account to account, you can even remove achievements so presumably you can add them. Your game bugged. I sent you the screenshots as if you don't have the logs to check anyway, fix it, fix the game so it doesn't do it anymore, and quit lying to us.

Prolly forum banned again for this aren't I. Worth it.
Edited by f047ys3v3n on January 29, 2021 9:27AM
I am mostly pleased with the current state of ESO. Please do continue to ban cheaters though and you guys have to find out who is duping gold and how because the economy is currently non-functional.
  • Stahlor
    Stahlor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have you been close enough while heavy attacking the orb? If you are too far away, you don't get the shield.
  • f047ys3v3n
    f047ys3v3n
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So, this has continued to be an interesting saga. I did eventually get spirit slayer though on my clone of a main alt. Not that there is a difference in function between the two, just annoying to have it on a toon that is not the one all my other stuff is on. Being the weekly, I run both through for loot.

2021211spiritslayer.jpg

As for the main, it got a lava bug death again on the last run. This time it wasn't even on an orb part, it just insta-died during the part where you hoppie skip across the lava to get to the red + health boon. I had full health and a shield but the second I touched the lava it was not just insta-death but it also insta transported me back to the void portal. When I popped up the death recap that also bugged out and went up for only a half a second before it self canceled. So, it ended up looking like this lol.

2021211morelavabug.jpg

So, in the last 6 runs I have had 5 which I played to a no death but only one that ended up being that way. I died to a server lag spike once (might not be ZOS fault but usually is), a bar that wouldn't swap no matter how many times I hit it once, lava bugs 3 times. That is not a great ratio ZOS. You really shouldn't have a 1 in 5 chance of a run not bugging out especially when you have achievements that absolutely require it.

So, my current catalog of bugs in vVH is:
    - Lava occasionally instantly kills you sigil or no (I have now seen both). From full health to dead, instant. Like a lava one shot.
    - Lava sigil occasionally does not apply. Perhaps I screwed up and was just too far away but I don't think so.
    - Bar sometimes jams and will not swap. this seems to happen a lot in stage 4 of the last boss. Perhaps it is related to how much stuff is out there running around. I do not think this bug is restricted to vVH.
    - Sometimes you die and when you rez it instant kills you again after which you cannot rez.

I should also mention that I have not yet figured any pattern to the boss add spawns on that last fight. It seems like perhaps they are both %based and timed and that perhaps neither resets the other resulting in unpredictable double spawns. In any case, sometimes it is much harder than other times because it seems you can sometimes get an add group (mage+archer+blob+ sometimes mage) at nearly the same time you get a lone mage at the same time you get a double bone atronach. I have had this happen, all those mobs spawn in ~15sec. Good luck when that happens. I have taken to generally holding desto ults for use on add spawns as you are a dead duck if you get a dubble or quad spawn without them. Perhaps one of the add makers needs to put up a bar with a countdown to the timed spawn on it so you can know not to push anything when it is near.

Anyhow, fix your crap ZOS and I totally deserve a sprit slayer on my other sorc as well as 25k more points on this weeks weekly.
    Edited by f047ys3v3n on February 12, 2021 8:28PM
    I am mostly pleased with the current state of ESO. Please do continue to ban cheaters though and you guys have to find out who is duping gold and how because the economy is currently non-functional.
  • MasterSpatula
    MasterSpatula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've gotten the "we can't give you this achievement that it's easily verifiable you earned but the game failed to award you" response more than once. I then reply correcting them on their misuse of the word can't when they mean won't. Maybe they don't have permission. Maybe they don't have the tools. Anyone who had any business having that job would be moving mountains to fix either of those limitations.

When something like this happens again, I'll file another ticket, even knowing full-well what the response will be. I still have to give people the benefit of the doubt that they can at least fulfill the bare minimum standards of their job, and refusing to help people out when their progress is stalled by your game's bugs is an unambiguous failure to meet this standard.
    "A probable impossibility is preferable to an improbable possibility." - Aristotle
  • RecktrithiusOediphitry
    Also if you port out of Vateshran(to make additional potions for example) you will lose all the buffs acquired so far. Learned that the "waste your time to learn that" way.
    Edited by RecktrithiusOediphitry on February 12, 2021 10:25PM