Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

2021 Q1 Furnishings, Houses, and QoL Improvements

• Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Creating a second post since I have a question that I didn't want to get lost in my previous post.

Has anyone tested the Skyrim furnishing documents on PTS? I'm curious if they drop vampire plans or just solitude plans. I can't test on my PC character, since I haven't gotten the associated achievement (I mostly play on XB).

Thanks!
  • bluebird
    bluebird
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    rrimöykk wrote: »
    What materials the nee Markarth structure items require? I need to start stacking my wares as the drop rates as so poor.
    All need Mundane Runes and 1-2 Arkthzand Sprockets, depending on quality. Some also need Ochre and Regulus.
    Jayne_Doe wrote: »
    Has anyone tested the Skyrim furnishing documents on PTS? I'm curious if they drop vampire plans or just solitude plans. I can't test on my PC character, since I haven't gotten the associated achievement (I mostly play on XB).
    I can't test it either, as I don't have the achis on NA.

That said, I only just noticed the bundling of master writ recipes... Does anybody else think this is a terrible idea??? :anguished:
    n55oh6rb7vwc.png
    'As usual, Rolis has handed some of his prior furnishing plans over to his assistant, Faustina Curio, the Master Writ Achievement merchant. In order to help manage the growing number of furnishing plans on her store, she’s consolidated her offerings. Her furnishing plans are now grouped together into Folios based on when they first appeared in her store. Opening a Folio will give you tradable copies of all of the plans inside and costs the same as it would have cost to buy all the recipes in that Folio individually.'

Was anybody complaining about vendors having too many items in their list? Guild traders are far worse and we handle them all the time. Not being able to purchase plans directly just seems like an added inconvenience.
  • volkeswagon
    volkeswagon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zypheran wrote: »
    I'm a bit confused that they would implement the fast travel to outside homes , which i dont see anybody asking for, but not implement free travel from inside homes.... which has consistantly been asked for!

Darn. Here i thought you were going to be able to travel for free from inside your house to a wayshrine anywhere. Though the change isn't ideal it's a little better than before.
  • Punches_Below_Belt
    Punches_Below_Belt
    ✭✭✭✭
    Do the new houses come with a furnished option?
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    bluebird wrote: »
    What materials the nee Markarth structure items require? I need to start stacking my wares as the drop rates as so poor.
    All need Mundane Runes and 1-2 Arkthzand Sprockets, depending on quality. Some also need Ochre and Regulus.

That said, I only just noticed the bundling of master writ recipes... Does anybody else think this is a terrible idea??? :anguished:
    n55oh6rb7vwc.png
    'As usual, Rolis has handed some of his prior furnishing plans over to his assistant, Faustina Curio, the Master Writ Achievement merchant. In order to help manage the growing number of furnishing plans on her store, she’s consolidated her offerings. Her furnishing plans are now grouped together into Folios based on when they first appeared in her store. Opening a Folio will give you tradable copies of all of the plans inside and costs the same as it would have cost to buy all the recipes in that Folio individually.'

Was anybody complaining about vendors having too many items in their list? Guild traders are far worse and we handle them all the time. Not being able to purchase plans directly just seems like an added inconvenience.

Uh, what if you bought some of them already???

I don’t want to have to sell the others.

Thanks for the heads-up. I should plan to buy the ones I don’t have so this won’t be a problem.

Also, I just watched the video on the Ayleid house, thanks for sharing!

One thing I can’t tell is how far from the entrance you have to travel on foot to get to the door.
    Edited by katanagirl1 on January 29, 2021 5:14AM
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• Futerko
    Futerko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do the new houses come with a furnished option?

atm on pts yes, both house.

Ayleid have some extra chair, table and Ayleid bookcase (crown store Ayleid Cage, Hanging exist in furniture and not furniture house version) i was record video from this house with furniture version if you want check -> https://youtu.be/ZN-LZKsBsfE

and second house, some daedric furniture and both version furniture/ without furniture have this 0ghsu0sr2chu.png
    furniture version of this house main chamber:
    h3zdpa3aebbu.png

Edited by Futerko on January 29, 2021 7:50AM

YOUTUBE CHANNEL HOUSING/OUTFITS

GM Aetherius Art - Housing Guild (PC EU)
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

n55oh6rb7vwc.png

Uh, what if you bought some of them already???

I don’t want to have to sell the others.

Thanks for the heads-up. I should plan to buy the ones I don’t have so this won’t be a problem.

Also, I just watched the video on the Ayleid house, thanks for sharing!

One thing I can’t tell is how far from the entrance you have to travel on foot to get to the door.

Yeah...I noticed that in the patch notes. Some of the bundles are expensive, at 800 and 1100 vouchers. Plus, there's no indication as to what the plans are that are in the bundle. Those of us who are familiar with the plans should have a good idea of what's in them, but new players won't have any idea. I do think it's a bad idea, both from the perspective of not being able to tell what the plans are that you're buying and from the perspective that you may only want one or two of the plans and you have to buy ALL of them just to get what you want.

I'm definitely going to take a look on PC and see if there's any I might want before the update. I don't play that much on PC, but there may be a few I might want, and I certainly don't have the vouchers to buy them once they're stuck in a bundle.

If anyone can test the Skyrim furniture documents to see if vampire plans drop, I'd be very grateful!
  • KMarble
    KMarble
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't like it either. I've been buying the ones that I thought I'd use first, thinking I could always go back later to get the other ones I just want for completion sake.

I'm not keen on buying an expensive folio that has plans my crafter already knows. I never thought selling gold plans was a good investment and I suspect the prices for those will plummet.

If anyone can test the Skyrim furniture documents to see if vampire plans drop, I'd be very grateful!

I opened one of each - blue and purple - yesterday and only got Skyrim plans. I might buy a bunch of them at a later date so we can have a better sample.

• katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    KMarble wrote: »

I don't like it either. I've been buying the ones that I thought I'd use first, thinking I could always go back later to get the other ones I just want for completion sake.

I'm not keen on buying an expensive folio that has plans my crafter already knows. I never thought selling gold plans was a good investment and I suspect the prices for those will plummet.

I opened one of each - blue and purple - yesterday and only got Skyrim plans. I might buy a bunch of them at a later date so we can have a better sample.

Okay, it looks like I need many more of these gold furnishing plans than I thought.

I read this as only the ones Faustina has will be consolidated into a portfolio. I just want to verify that. Am I correct? Does Rolis still have individual gold plans for sale on PTS?

Even so, that is most of the ones that you can buy with vouchers, right? I mean Rolis has the newest ones but I think he has fewer plans.

I hate to buy plans I might never use but I want to cover the ones that I am no longer able to purchase individually. Ugh, why do they change stuff like this unprompted?
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• bluebird
    bluebird
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Okay, it looks like I need many more of these gold furnishing plans than I thought.

I read this as only the ones Faustina has will be consolidated into a portfolio. I just want to verify that. Am I correct? Does Rolis still have individual gold plans for sale on PTS?

Even so, that is most of the ones that you can buy with vouchers, right? I mean Rolis has the newest ones but I think he has fewer plans.

I hate to buy plans I might never use but I want to cover the ones that I am no longer able to purchase individually. Ugh, why do they change stuff like this unprompted?
    The 'most recent' master writ recipes are sold individually by both Rolis and Faustina. So the Greymoor-Markarth style ones will be purchasable individually. Rolis also offers the old Target skeleton/centurion recipes individually.

Everything else is in bundles - some of which are rather mysteriously named. They still don't have a Preview option (like how we can preview the contents on Furnishing Bundles). So people have no way of knowing ingame which recipes went into 'Dark Elf Furnishing Folio' versus 'Ebonheart Furnishing Folio' for example. So yeah, the bundles were a really unnecessary change, and the lack of preview is just bizarre.

They either didn't think it through or are purposefully trying to inconvenience people. Nobody was complaining about merchants having too many items in their inventory I think. So they might just want to pressure people into playing and farming every patch to be able to buy what players want - and 'latecomers' only get the option to buy bundled recipes. This will only make it even harder to find older furnishings, since few people would bother to waste their vouchers on a bundle of recipes if they only want one.

• Buffy121
    Buffy121
    ✭✭✭
    All of the current Faustina recipes will be put into folios in the next DLC change.

However in game at the moment there are also some recipes (Dragonhold DLC) that are available from Rolis which will also be in a folio titled 'Dragonhold'. These have been reduced to 100 writs and would usually be moved to Faustina's inventory but this hasn't happened this time.

The Dragonhold folio isn't in the PTS notes and includes the following recipes:

Blueprint: Elsweyr well covered
    Design: Elsweyr bread basket, feast-day
    Diagram: Elsweyr gong ornate
    Formula: Elsweyr mortar and pestle, engraved
    Pattern: Elsweyr bed, Senche-Raht
    Praxis: Khajiit sigil, moon cycle
    Sketch: Elsweyr game, swan stones
  • bluebird
    bluebird
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Buffy121 wrote: »
    All of the current Faustina recipes will be put into folios in the next DLC change.

However in game at the moment there are also some recipes (Dragonhold DLC) that are available from Rolis which will also be in a folio titled 'Dragonhold'. These have been reduced to 100 writs and would usually be moved to Faustina's inventory but this hasn't happened this time.

The Dragonhold folio isn't in the PTS notes and includes the following recipes:
    They mentioned that Rolis will pass off some of his stuff to Faustina; and that Faustina will sell all but the newest recipes in bundle-form only. But you know what's even funnier? :smiley:The recipes in the 'Dragonhold Furnishing Folio' were added in Harrowstorm, not in Dragonhold, and they are Eslweyr-themed. While there is a separate 'Elsweyr Furnishign Folio' (for recipes added in Scalebreaker). Lol. With no previews, finding what people want will require a chronicle and an online chart.

On the PTS, everything is in bundles except:
    the 7 recipes added in Stonethorn (on Faustina)
    the 7 recipes that will be added in Flames of Ambition (will be on Rolis)
    and the 4 old Target Skeleton/Centurion recipes (on Rolis)
    ^ Those will be purchasable individually for the time being.
  • tsaescishoeshiner
    tsaescishoeshiner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What housing really needs is the following QOL changes:
    Exit wayshrines: to place into our houses so we can go exactly where we want to when leaving a home after doing what we came to do at the house.

I agree that would be helpful, but there is a current workaround: Preview a home you don't own, and you can exit it at your last non-player-home location

Yes, it's two loading screens—it's not perfect. The game saves your most recent "returnable" spot after entering an instance like a house or a battleground or a dungeon queue or Cyro/IC or a housing preview. This can be really efficient to use sometimes
    PC-NA
    in-game: @tsaescishoeshiner
  • LadySinflower
    LadySinflower
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can we start a "hew and cry" now? Get out the pitchforks and torches? Raise a mob and go after ZOS? In other words, everyone who disagrees with this change submit feedback in as many ways as you can to tell them what a truly awful idea this is. I suspect it has to do with making something more convenient for them regardless of the impact it has on the players. Putting these plans into folios with no preview option will make sure nobody ever buys them. Currently I don't have enough writ vouchers to go get all the ones I don't have, and those are the ones I've been the least excited about anyway. If this change goes through, I and a lot of people like me just won't bother with the folios. Why would you buy a bundle in which everything you really like is something you already have and the ones you "need" are the ones you didn't really want in the first place? It takes quite a long time to save up that many writ vouchers since the number of Master writs we get isn't very high (unless you're doing writs on lots of characters, which I'm not). If they are trying to put an emphasis on newer plans vs. older plans, there are better ways to do it. Charge 25 vouchers less for the first month the plans are available, then raise the price. This is such a stupid change. I doubt our feedback will change their minds, but let's tell them what we think anyway.
  • kind_hero
    kind_hero
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Regarding only the houses: in my opinion they are just way too big, impractical to say the least. It's fun to explore once or twice, but it will get old soon, and there is almost nothing to do inside a player house, except for deconstructing items or crafting, if that place is a crafting house.

I am still waiting for some features that will make housing more interactive and fun, rather than a show off place. There have been a lot of posts about making houses more fun.

On the other hand I don't fully support adding crafting dailies or trainers in the house, because this is why players go to towns and interact. The problem is with teleporting. I do not like spending gold to teleport from my house to a wayshrine. The way to fix this is easy, add wayshrine furniture inside the house, teleporters or portals. Also, add some kind of teleporters for fast travel inside the house. That's how all these huge "houses" will be interesting and fun to use. None is going to visit your back cave 10 minutes away from the entrance unless they are really curious or bored. And players will not place there things that you need on the spot, such as utility NPCs or crafting stations. With fast travel, large houses can be very useful.

Regarding the upcoming furniture: Furniture plans come way too slow into the game. It is great we get these, don't get me wrong, I am excited, but we need such an update for more than Reach Dwemer architecture, we need construction blocks for all the styles in the game. I don't think this is such a big issue, we are asking for models that already exist. I am waiting for years to build the stuff I dream about, and after Elsweyr I stoped playing actively because I feel that the ESO lead devs have different priorities than what the community is asking. Yeah, they hear us here and then, but mostly the housing requests are ignored or delayed for years. And come on, there is a lot of revenue from housing, plus it sustains the game's economy! So, I don't get it, but it is what it is.

The announced chapter takes place in one of the least interesting zones in Tamriel (from my point of view)... at least it is in Cyrodiil, but hey, we got Murkmire once, I think there are enough swampy zones already, and we have a splinter Imperial DLC with Southern Elsweyr. The story is a rehash of the Oblivion story, obviously "with a twist", but we all know what will happen centuries later, so how could this be more engaging than something new?
    Edited by kind_hero on February 12, 2021 5:00PM
    [PC/EU] Tamriel Hero, Stormproof, Grand Master Crafter
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The 'most recent' master writ recipes are sold individually by both Rolis and Faustina. So the Greymoor-Markarth style ones will be purchasable individually. Rolis also offers the old Target skeleton/centurion recipes individually.

Everything else is in bundles - some of which are rather mysteriously named. They still don't have a Preview option (like how we can preview the contents on Furnishing Bundles). So people have no way of knowing ingame which recipes went into 'Dark Elf Furnishing Folio' versus 'Ebonheart Furnishing Folio' for example. So yeah, the bundles were a really unnecessary change, and the lack of preview is just bizarre.

They either didn't think it through or are purposefully trying to inconvenience people. Nobody was complaining about merchants having too many items in their inventory I think. So they might just want to pressure people into playing and farming every patch to be able to buy what players want - and 'latecomers' only get the option to buy bundled recipes. This will only make it even harder to find older furnishings, since few people would bother to waste their vouchers on a bundle of recipes if they only want one.

This seems a really terrible change IMHO for all of the following reasons:
    1) These plans are already expensive and I had been liking to just buy those I like most.
    2) Those of us who have been buying plans across these sets will be forced to buy duplicates now if ever we want more from these sets. I know they can be sold, but I’d rather keep my writ vouchers, for things I actually want, please.
    3) No preview and the names of the sets are not at all intuitive.

Now if sets of furnishing were available as an option and you could save writs by purchasing them as a bundle, that would be a nice option (so long as they were preview-able so you’d know what you’re getting).

In the meantime, I abandoned my goal of saving up for a transmute station at present and am trying to buy all the furnishing plans I can most see myself using.
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sorry to be one of the ones to derail this wonderfully detailed thread about the new houses, one of which I am eagerly awaiting myself.

I do greatly appreciate that you let us know about these new grouped furnishing folios @bluebird .

It gives us a chance to hopefully get the ones we need before it happens. It sounds like we can still get the new ones individually, at least until the next batch comes out. Hopefully that trend will continue.

Writ vouchers are the most hard-to-get currency in the game, and I still don’t like using them to buy random envelopes for purple plans, but you generally can sell the duplicate plans and make some gold from them. I don’t think that will work so well for gold plans, unless you are willing to sell for a pittance.

I guess the worst part about this is that it was going to happen without any notice and lots of housing players would have lost a lot of vouchers trying to figure out just what was going on, and probably still not got the plans they wanted.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA