The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.0.2 on the PTS on Monday at 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC).

PTS Update 29 - Bug Reports for Combat & Class Abilities

ZOS_GinaBruno
ZOS_GinaBruno
Community Manager
Please report any issues you run into involving combat and gameplay balance in this thread. In general, we prefer you to use /bug in-game but if you’d rather submit a report here, please give us as much information as possible, including screenshots and/or video if applicable. Thank you!
Edited by ZOS_GinaBruno on January 28, 2021 1:19AM
Gina Bruno
Senior Community Manager
Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
Staff Post
  • mylove11
    mylove11
    I was trying ball of lightening morph of bolt escape and it should absorb stamina projectiles, but it is not absorbing any projectile from bow ultimate or its morphs and goes straight through to hit the player sorc, please fix this
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The help section on status effects is wrongly named "ELEMENTAL status effects". The error is continued in the main text.

When cleaning that up I'd also suggest clarifying whether proc set damage causes status effects (I presume not), and whether it is required to damage the opponent to cause the effect. (Saying "upon damage of the respective type" would also clarify the text, if true.)

And is it really true that Poisoned is over 6 seconds rather than 4?
    Edited by FrancisCrawford on January 28, 2021 12:34PM
  • CyberOnEso
    CyberOnEso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kind of a big one ;p

The 21million Iron Atronoch dummy always has 18200 resistances, compared to live where it far fewer resistances. (this was tested using the 2H ult)

This is making all DPS testing comparisons between live and PTS less then useful.
    Edited by CyberOnEso on January 28, 2021 2:44PM
    @CyberOnEso PC | EU - Jack of all Trades - Armory Style Manager Planesbreaker | Godslayer | Dawnbringer | Immortal Redeemer | Tick Tock Tormentor | Gryphon Heart
  • Altyrann
    Altyrann
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    CyberOnEso wrote: »
    Kind of a big one ;p

The 21million Iron Atronoch dummy always has 18200 resistances, compared to live where it has ~5121 resistances.

This is making all DPS testing comparisons between live and PTS less then useful.

Any idea if it's just resistances bugged or if any of the other buffs/debuffs are missing?
  • phantasmalD
    phantasmalD
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Advanced Stats page appears to not track several stats OR those stats are broken and are not applied to your character.
    Screenhots:
    Here I showcase it through the equipping of Symphony of Blades monster helm, which has the 1p bonus of +4% healing done.
    With Symphony:
    2xrb5g3ss8vw.png
    5wbksd69802i.png

Without
    sttxkpyq2u8t.png
    o0u3tmvzyzd1.png

[In both cases I also have 5% Blessed CP perk, which doesn't appear on the stats page either]
    0ka7zzlkckkw.png
    Notice how the displayed stat is essentially 0% in both case, tho the hover tooltip does change when Symphony is equipped

Here I showcase it by buying and then respecing the Argonian passive, 'Argonian resistance'
    With passive:
    awh97jropynm.png
    aidp9m3wxj1q.png

Without passive:
    efacehf37slz.png
    12elpn9uz566.png
    Notice how the displayed resistances are unchanged, in both case they show 20.7% / 13678. Note how the Maximum Health stat on the right does change, so it appears that the passive at least partially works.

I didn't see this among the Known Issues, even tho this seems like a very major and obvious bug.
    I verified my PTS version and there are 0 mods installed.
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Starting at 3 pieces heavy armor worn, invisibility from all sources stops working. (On a Khajiit, it starts at 6 pieces worn.)
    NPCs and players can see you as if they had a detection potion active in a certain radius. This radius gets bigger with each piece heavy armor worn. With 7 pieces making invisibility basically non existing.

This goes for invisibility from cloak, vampire and potions alike.
    Heavy armor is supposed to impair stealth, though invisibility is being shrouded and is probably not intended to be affected by this penalty.

It seems invisibility is coded to not actually make you invisible, just reduces your detection radius to an absolute minimum.
    Is this intended? I think this would make stage 4 vampires and nightblades impossible to be played with heavy armor.

Edited by Dracane on January 28, 2021 2:30PM
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
  • CyberOnEso
    CyberOnEso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Altyrann wrote: »
    Kind of a big one ;p

The 21million Iron Atronoch dummy always has 18200 resistances, compared to live where it has ~5121 resistances.

Any idea if it's just resistances bugged or if any of the other buffs/debuffs are missing?

We tested it using the 2H ult, not just buffs/ debuffs
    @CyberOnEso PC | EU - Jack of all Trades - Armory Style Manager Planesbreaker | Godslayer | Dawnbringer | Immortal Redeemer | Tick Tock Tormentor | Gryphon Heart
  • ESO_Nightingale
    ESO_Nightingale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Arterial Burst (Vampire Magicka Spammable) doesn't proc the selene's monster helmet. I believe it's not being counted as a melee ability.
    PvE Frost Warden Main and teacher for ESO-U. Frost Warden PvE Build Article: https://eso-u.com/articles/nightingales_warden_dps_guide__frost_knight. Come Join the ESO Frost Discord to discuss everything frost!: https://discord.gg/5PT3rQX
  • Extinct_Solo_Player
    Extinct_Solo_Player
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sword and Shield passive Deadly Bash: Increases the damage of your Bash attacks by 1500 and costs 40% less Stamina is bugged. It doesn't actually reduce the stamina cost of bash at all. The stamina cost of bashing stays the same even when you equip sword and shield it doesn't get reduced by 40%.
  • zvavi
    zvavi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Altyrann wrote: »
    Kind of a big one ;p

It looks like target resistance debuff is bugged. We are getting same damage numbers with and without minor and major breach on various targets.
  • Vaneur
    Vaneur
    ✭✭✭
    wrong post, sry
    Edited by Vaneur on January 29, 2021 10:29AM
  • Itzmichi
    Itzmichi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    was testing some stuff on the PTS earlier and noticed that you drop block and lose the ability to block for the duration of the immovability on the immovability pots. Is that intended or a bug? Immovable as a skill doesn't have this problem. It also doesn't seem to apply the additional mitigation when running heavy armor pieces, immovable skill on the other hand does. Anybody else has this issue?
    Here, have a chill pill 💊!
  • Thraben
    Thraben
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Necrotic Orbs still cause some trouble in Cyro - you know, the bug that they can't be activated.

And if you are at it, please give both morphs DIFFERENT synergies, so that the don't block each other's cool down.
    Hauptmann der Dolche des Königs

DDK ist die letzte Verteidigungslinie des Dolchsturz- Bündnisses auf der 30-Tage-No-CP- Kampagne(EU) mit dem Anspruch, in kleinen, anfängerfreundlichen Raid-Gruppen möglichst epische Schlachten auszufechten.

DDK is the Daggerfall Covenant´s last line of defense on the 30 days no-cp campaign (EU). We intend to fight epic battles in small, casual player friendly raid groups.
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Restoring health or magicka from minor life and magicka steal while invisible, knocks you out of invis.

For example when one of your DoTs is on a target with elemental drain or siphon on it, each tick of that dot will break your invisibility. This goes for all invis sources. Cloak, vampire sprint and potions.

This can easily be reproduced by applying an ability like elemental drain on a target alongside a dot like entropy.
    (This actually is the case on live too.)
    Edited by Dracane on January 31, 2021 9:24PM
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
  • DonGodJoe
    DonGodJoe
    ✭✭✭
    Dracane wrote: »
    Starting at 3 pieces heavy armor worn, invisibility from all sources stops working. (On a Khajiit, it starts at 6 pieces worn.)
    NPCs and players can see you as if they had a detection potion active in a certain radius. This radius gets bigger with each piece heavy armor worn. With 7 pieces making invisibility basically non existing.

Heavy armor is supposed to impair stealth, though invisibility is being shrouded and is probably not intended to be affected by this penalty.

It seems invisibility is coded to not actually make you invisible, just reduces your detection radius to an absolute minimum.
    Is this intended? I think this would make stage 4 vampires and nightblades impossible to be played with heavy armor.

Thats the point, you arent supposed to sneak with heavy armor
    Just use procs. Simple. No brain is required.
  • Firstmep
    Firstmep
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    DonGodJoe wrote: »
    Dracane wrote: »

Thats the point, you arent supposed to sneak with heavy armor

Invisibility is not sneaking. Bonuses to sneak do not apply to invis at all, so downsides of it shouldn't either.
    Cuz you know, it's magic.
  • Jman100582
    Jman100582
    ✭✭✭✭
    Currently on live radiant aura (templar aoe minor magicka steal) does not apply to enemy players. it does however apply to pve mobs.
  • rrimöykk
    rrimöykk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There seems to be a bug in the patch notes. I didn't see any buffs for the worst end game pve class, dk.

Worst dmg and sustain still...

And yes, those were good with Asylum staff and bfb, I know.
  • VaxtinTheWolf
    VaxtinTheWolf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ice staff Wall of Elements' Text has said that it lowers the damage since the last update but that was supposed to have been taken back, however the text was never updated. None of them should be lowering damage anymore, so is that still happening or what?

83IIaGZ.png
    || AD - Rah'Jiin Lv50 Khajiit Nightblade (Damage) || EP - Generic Argonian Lv50 Argonian Nightblade (Tank) || DC - Zinkotsu Lv50 Breton Nightblade (Healer) ||
    || DC - Ja'Kiro Feral-Heart Lv50 Khajiit Dragonknight (Damage) || EP - VaxtinTheWolf Lv50 Redguard Templar (Tank) || AD - Velik Iranis Lv50 Dark Elf Sorcerer (Tank ) ||
    || EP - Einvarg The Frozen Lv50 Nord Warden (Tank/Healer) || EP - Keem-Ja Lv4 Argonian Necromancer (Healer/Tank) ||
    PC - North American Server (Champion 1300+)
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm testing sneak speed on my Khajit vampire stamblade, and it's a mess. (5x Darlock Brae, 3x Night Terror, Ring of the Wild Hunt, 3x Swift) Two apparent bugs are highlighted below.

First I had 60% sneak speed on my character sheet, and that seemed true. This was both before and after I put skill points into the sneak-relevant Medium Armor and Khajit passives. (Not that they should affect sneak speed, but it might be a debugging data point.)

Slotting Concealed Weapon did not seem to increase Sneak Speed.

Adding Dark Stalker made a huge difference to my true sneak speed. My character sheet, however, reads 0% for sneak speed.

(See also next post.)
    Edited by FrancisCrawford on February 2, 2021 10:35AM
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Also, I think Ring of the Wild Hunt isn't working. I don't feel like I have the speed buff when walking or sneaking. I AM able to sprint. And I have a sprint speed list of 161% on my character sheet.

(See also previous post.)
    Edited by FrancisCrawford on February 2, 2021 10:35AM
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Apologies if this has been fixed already, but I just reread the original patch notes, and they say that swords will now gain "Weapon Damage" via a passive, while the developer's note implies that "Weapon and Spell Damage" is what was meant.
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Also, I think Ring of the Wild Hunt isn't working. I don't feel like I have the speed buff when walking or sneaking. I AM able to sprint. And I have a sprint speed list of 161% on my character sheet.

(See also previous post.)

I don't know if it was broken and they fixed it, but the Ring of the Wild Hunt definitely increased my sneak speed on PTS today.
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I filed a /feedback report on the PTS too, but Flurry needs to be taken off the list of things buffed by Thaumaturge.

I cannot believe it's intended that classes that use Flurry should be able to buff their spammables by 20% with CP whereas classes that don't can only buff their spammables by 10%. Right now Flurry is buffed both by Thaumaturge and by Deadly Aim, putting it significantly ahead of every other spammable in terms of benefit derived from CP.
  • PaddyVu
    PaddyVu
    ✭✭✭✭
    Arterial Burst (Vampire Magicka Spammable) doesn't proc the selene's monster helmet. I believe it's not being counted as a melee ability.

Selene only proc from melee weapon attack ( light attack or heavy attack from 1H or 2H, even u use staff or bow at close range, it wont proc, this also apply to all skills even u are in melee range )
  • Dr_Ganknstein
    Dr_Ganknstein
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Argonian Resistance isn't working. I do not see it on the advanced stats but other racial resistances like Dark elf and Wood elf are working. Here is a video if that helps:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9PgqcNXJEzI
  • Yamenstein
    Yamenstein
    ✭✭✭✭
    Major bug, stalking blastbones has no added affect compared to the base skill. Please fix 🙏
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have run into a weird issue with Argonian Resourceful passive being affected by Battle Spirit.

In short, Battle Spirit reduces healing received by 50%, and it treats health restored portion of Resourceful passive as such. This means that you do not have 3125 health restored when you drink a potion in Cyrodiil, but half of that - 1562.
    (^ It does not behave like this on live server and I could not find anything that would mention this change in PTS notes)

I think this is something not intended. Resourceful passive is a flat value and can not be buffed with Healing received buffs (such as minor/major mending), but it is affected by a de-buff.

Regular health potions, that restore health are not affected by Battle Spirit de-buff. Same with Health Recovery stat which also is technically a form of "Health Restored".

This is very inconsistent (Hence I think it is a bug or oversight).

Either every form of Health Restored should be affected by Battle Spirit, or only the ones coming from skills / abilities.

Something feels wrong here.
    Edited by Tommy_The_Gun on February 21, 2021 12:48PM
  • Sahidom
    Sahidom
    ✭✭✭✭
    Will the "Armor Penetration" be the same as "Offensive Penetration" where it works for both martial and Magick attacks?

How will Dauntless Combatant interact with the 2.0 CP passive that offers a break free ~21 second cool down? Will the set and passive share the same cool down timer or Will they be independent? If their independent, will the CP 2.0 passive be the first usage go on timer than the player will have the 5pc set bonus available for breakfree while the 2.0 passive is on timer, and vice versa...? IF the later is the intent then it seems you could achieve a steady flow of break frees with high uptime on CC immunity.
  • Dr_Ganknstein
    Dr_Ganknstein
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    virtus753 wrote: »
    I filed a /feedback report on the PTS too, but Flurry needs to be taken off the list of things buffed by Thaumaturge.

I cannot believe it's intended that classes that use Flurry should be able to buff their spammables by 20% with CP whereas classes that don't can only buff their spammables by 10%. Right now Flurry is buffed both by Thaumaturge and by Deadly Aim, putting it significantly ahead of every other spammable in terms of benefit derived from CP.

wait cant we buff direct damage abilities also though?
    I have run into a weird issue with Argonian Resourceful passive being affected by Battle Spirit.

In short, Battle Spirit reduces healing received by 50%, and it treats health restored portion of Resourceful passive as such. This means that you do not have 3125 health restored when you drink a potion in Cyrodiil, but half of that - 1562.
    (^ It does not behave like this on live server and I could not find anything that would mention this change in PTS notes)

I think this is something not intended. Resourceful passive is a flat value and can not be buffed with Healing received buffs (such as minor/major mending), but it is affected by a de-buff.

Regular health potions, that restore health are not affected by Battle Spirit de-buff. Same with Health Recovery stat which also is technically a form of "Health Restored".

This is very inconsistent (Hence I think it is a bug or oversight).

Either every form of Health Restored should be affected by Battle Spirit, or only the ones coming from skills / abilities.

Something feels wrong here.

Ah yes, I also noticed this and included it at the end of the video I posted above. I don't think it should be effected by Battle Spirit either.