The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

PTS Update 29 - Feedback Thread for Blackwood Prologue Quest

ZOS_GinaBruno
ZOS_GinaBruno
Community Manager
This is the official feedback thread for the Blackwood prologue quest, A Mortal’s Touch. Specific feedback that the team is looking for includes the following:
  • Did you have any trouble starting or completing the quest?
  • Do you have any other general feedback?
Edited by ZOS_GinaBruno on January 28, 2021 1:19AM
Gina Bruno
Senior Community Manager
Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
Staff Post
  • aaajdmchoes
    aaajdmchoes
    Soul Shriven
    21jnku74ciu0.png

Spelling error. Just pointing it out.
  • Thevampirenight
    Thevampirenight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Okay, come on Zenimax, don't make the Vestige this dumb, I understand options for those players that are new to the lore. But come on really?
    rvmt4oh2w98p.jpg
    With a character I done orsinium with she knows all about Eveli and knows who she is and then this sudden cringe of an option appears.
    9ojdp5u0tzcj.jpg

At least make it so we our characters know who Dagon is, heck even give us an option for it, and give us such an option that we show how IQ booksmart our Vestige is. Also don't make it so our Vestige doesn't forget who Eveli is.
    Edited by Thevampirenight on January 28, 2021 5:53AM
    PC NA
    Please add Fangs to Vampires.
  • Fata1moose
    Fata1moose
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    During the prologue Lyranth had her cool new Daedra armor in the Ayleid ruins but when I saw her again in Grahtwood and Riften she had her old ugly armor.

Also Eveli is still in her 2012 flat textured armor as well, would be an improvement to put her in Staggs of Z'en, Huntsman or Coldsnap which all works well for Bosmer characters. And feedback in general it would be nice if these recurring characters you upgrade in chapters and DLCs had these improvements applied retroactively to old content.
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please update base game Lyranth to have her new Chapter armor.

Also, it ruins my immersion to have a Dark Brotherhood assassination plot point in the prologue, and my character who is in the Brotherhood doesn't have a unique dialogue option.
  • opaj
    opaj
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm probably not going to play this on PTS for spoiler reasons, but I really want to emphasize @Thevampirenight 's point here.
    At least make it so we our characters know who Dagon is, heck even give us an option for it, and give us such an option that we show how IQ booksmart our Vestige is. Also don't make it so our Vestige doesn't forget who Eveli is.

I wrote a whole thread about this a while back. I think it's fair to have an optional dialogue choice to ask who Eveli is, because a well-traveled Vestige will have met and helped hundreds of people--my main character hasn't seen Eveli in over five years, and rarely thinks back to that time.

However, very few people who live in Tamriel would reasonably say "Who is Mehrunes Dagon?" If at all possible, I'd really appreciate it if questions like this could be rephrased to something like "Tell me about Mehrunes Dagon." That's something my scholarly mage would ask--otherwise, I have to either betray my character concept or miss out on some probably very interesting lore dialogue!
  • Phalitine
    Phalitine
    ✭✭
    While running the prologue quest, there were a few notable issues. The first was discovered in the first delve coming up the stairs I had to jump over the last step going up one my way out, sorry did not get vid or pic. Will try and go back if possible.

The second was in the second delve when getting the chest, the exit or continue icon was visible before Lyranth opened the portal. not sure if that was intentional...
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    eso64_2021-01-28_22-38-32.png
    Theres a banner to Molag Bal in the Deadlands: Testing Ground area. The banner should change to Mehrunes Dagon.
  • RaddlemanNumber7
    RaddlemanNumber7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I can already see that this year will be The Story of Princess Eveli, not a story about the player character.

It should have been the player character carrying that book and having some cut-scene dreams. Maybe we could have done some of the decoding of documents too. Done something more than chase white arrows and slay everything that gets in the way, and then listen while all the NPC's tell us their stories because the Vestige no longer has one of their own.

My Heroes have become nothing more than servants :(
    PC EU
  • DigitalTemerity
    I was agree with the post above to a point. I was rather underwhelmed by the Prologue. There was the spelling error I noticed which should be fixed. It had some interesting locations it took you to. You were only in Dagon's lair long enough to kill one boss really and didn't really have much to explore. It's possible I didn't look around enough though. My character with the new CP speed buff could move so fast I flew through the whole thing, and could've missed something.

Last years prologue gave you the opportunity to explore Blackreach or at least a small section of it to your hearts content, and there was plenty of it there with lots of enemies to take on if you felt like hunting. It just seemed like this prologue was too easy. it wasn't too easy because the boss wasn't at the right difficulty, but it was kind of short and felt kind of pointless. In other prologues we dealt with other hero's from our time in Molag Bal's realm. I found Eveli rather annoying.

I couldn't even look at any of the scrolls I picked up. I know they are supposed to be in an unrecognizable language, so for heaven's sakes put something in Ayleid on paper that we can't read, but at least can look at. It would be a nice addition if we had a puzzle to solve like decoding the scrolls.

Overall as an introduction it was just okay. It didn't make me enthused at all about the upcoming chapter. It could be because I didn't get to see the entire 4 hour reveal video, but to tell you the truth 4 hours is just plain too long. You should've have planned that better and brought it down to no more than 2. That's what I expected when I tuned in, but eventually I crashed and went to bed.
  • ectoplasmicninja
    ectoplasmicninja
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Having dealt with Lyranth both in Shadowfen as well as in the main quest, I was a bit bummed at how dismissive she is of me. I get it, she's a Dremora and mortals are inconsequential and not worth remembering, so it works as an in-world reason for her attitude, but it felt like a copout for someone not wanting to do the additional work of flagging those quests and giving us some dialogue about those specific incidents if we completed them. I just get a generic "last time I saw you you were adequately useful so you can help me again now" instead of at least giving me an option to remind her about that time I freed her in Shadowfen, or ask about her clan that I helped return to power in Coldharbour, or even that time in ICP where I killed Lord Warden Dusk at her behest.
    PC NA, CP2000+Character creation is the true endgame.
  • TheImperfect
    TheImperfect
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really enjoyed the prologue quest from start to finish. Really well written.
  • DigitalTemerity
    I completed the prologue quest twice to test out two different builds, and I had a bug occur at one point that has also been reported in the dungeons: I get stuck at the top of stairs and can't get over the last step. Can you guys at least figure out why that is happening, or at least look into it before release? That is almost game breaking.
  • CyberOnEso
    CyberOnEso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some bugs I noticed,
    A Mortal's Touch
    • The Backpack is unbootable on the right side of the entrance corridor
    • Items from warded chests do not go in your inventory, or in your quest section
    • The amulet Lyranth gives does not go in your quest inventory
    • You can stand in the imperial cache after it becomes whole in the Ne Salas Cache Annex

The Emperor's Secret
    • When looting the caches in the imperial sewers the letters open and if you close them they cannot be read again, they do not go in your inventory.
      THIS MEANS IF YOU ARE DOING THE QUEST WITH ANOTHER PLAYER ONLY ONE PERSON WILL BE ABLE TO READ IT AND IT WILL BUG OUT THE EIDCT MEMORY FOR EVERYONE ELSE FOREVER, DO NOT DO THIS QUEST WITH ANYONE ELSE UNTIL THEY FIX IT, YOUR CHARACTER WILL NEVER BE ABLE TO FINISH THE EDICT MEMORY.
      For the love of Hermaeus Mora please add the books you find during the quest to the ground in Beragon's camp after the quest. If you fail to pick one up you will hard lock your character, forever.
    • Eveli says 'look behind the statue a portal' there is no statue. Is the asset not in the game yet??
    Edited by CyberOnEso on February 3, 2021 3:03PM
    @CyberOnEso PC | EU - Jack of all Trades - Armory Style Manager Planesbreaker | Godslayer | Dawnbringer | Immortal Redeemer | Tick Tock Tormentor | Gryphon Heart
  • Lady_Galadhiel
    Lady_Galadhiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Hi,
    I would have a question,if someone would be so kind to answer I would appreciate it a lot.
    I asked someone from a guild how to start the prologue quests,the person took me to Shrine of the Black Maw in Shadowen,outside the delve down the hill the person told me there should be a letter and it would start it up.
    However,for me there was no letter on the place so I am a little confused,where can I start it if not from that mentioned letter?

Another person who was searching there also said there is no letter,so I wonder,is it a bug or did we go to the wrong place?
    Total ESO playtime: 8325 hours
    ESO plus status: Cancelled
    ESO currently uninstalled.