The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Upcoming test with proc sets fully disabled in Cyro and all I wanna say is one thing:

• YandereGirlfriend
    YandereGirlfriend
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Like 90% of the gear in this game is some sort of proc. This will be dumb.

Honestly, I was going through all of the sets earlier and it's closer to 95% that contain conditional logic that can be construed as a proc.

There are only about 15 sets that contain absolutely no conditional logic.
  • Dr_Ganknstein
    Dr_Ganknstein
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Honestly, I was going through all of the sets earlier and it's closer to 95% that contain conditional logic that can be construed as a proc.

Yup, people seem to think proc means damage only.
  • ESO_Nightingale
    ESO_Nightingale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Good. Maybe we will actually get more stat sets in the future.
    PvE Frost Warden Main and teacher for ESO-U. Frost Warden PvE Build Article: https://eso-u.com/articles/nightingales_warden_dps_guide__frost_knight. Come Join the ESO Frost Discord to discuss everything frost!: https://discord.gg/5PT3rQX
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If they wont reconsidering nerfing away with the proccmeta, theres a helluva lot of players wanting to play on a campaign that disables proccsets. Please give us such an option. Tired of fighting itemsets in pvp.

PC EU
    PvP only
  • wheresbes
    wheresbes
    ✭✭✭✭
    So all the proc sets under the PVP category of the sticker book will become obsolete?

Btw, I like this. I wish fights were more based on abilities rather than procs.
  • Dr_Ganknstein
    Dr_Ganknstein
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Good. Maybe we will actually get more stat sets in the future.

Why aren't you using them now? I am and I'm doing fine.
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    wheresbes wrote: »
    So all the proc sets under the PVP category of the sticker book will become obsolete?

No, all sets with a proc condition are turned off. This includes things like Clever Alchemist, Spell Strategist, Bahlorgh, Burning Spellweave, and other similar sets. Not just raw damage proc sets, but all of them.
    PC NA - Ceyanna Ashton - Breton Vampire MagDK
  • Dr_Ganknstein
    Dr_Ganknstein
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vevvev wrote: »

No, all sets with a proc condition are turned off. This includes things like Clever Alchemist, Spell Strategist, Bahlorgh, Burning Spellweave, and other similar sets. Not just raw damage proc sets, but all of them.

So no more engine guardian diving in the way of my attacks absorbing my ultimates then respawning a couple seconds later? 🤣😂😅
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vevvev wrote: »

So no more engine guardian diving in the way of my attacks absorbing my ultimates then respawning a couple seconds later? 🤣😂😅

Yep! It'll be a crazy time in Cyrodiil!
    PC NA - Ceyanna Ashton - Breton Vampire MagDK
  • Kuratius
    Kuratius
    ✭✭✭
    They mentioned on the live stream that seducer is internally coded as a proc set. Which, if that wasn't an error, is an incredibly dumb decision since it's fairly trivial to make it operate in the same way as a flat stat stick set.
  • ExistingRug61
    ExistingRug61
    ✭✭✭✭
    Here’s the question I am interested in and haven’t really seen discussed:

Let’s say the removal of proc test results in the game performance being significantly better (ignore how likely or not this may be). In that case, what does ZOS do?
  • techyeshic
    techyeshic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here’s the question I am interested in and haven’t really seen discussed:

Let’s say the removal of proc test results in the game performance being significantly better (ignore how likely or not this may be). In that case, what does ZOS do?

It's been discussed but not much. A standardized array of stat sets maybe, that make the game more like fantasy Planetside is all I can think of.

Rework how the coding work? Then why not just do that rather than test on your playerbase unless its complete laziness?

Why test if the plan is nothing at all?
    Edited by techyeshic on February 3, 2021 1:31PM
  • Opalblade
    Opalblade
    ✭✭✭
    Well, I WAS excited for this, before I read this thread and realized just how many things could be considered procs. Guess I farmed mythics for nothing.